Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has any crime ever changed you?

jsjsjsjs Guest

Has any crime ever changed you?

Not necessarily as in change you in a person, but as in, changed the way you might have done something. For example, the "Matthew Cecchi" case made me more protective of my sons.

LadyCurry Guest
    Good topic- I don't think I could pick just one though. As I wrote in the remembering 9/11 post...that day, which was a crime...changed my life. Any crime involving children...especially the Susan Smith case made me wonder how any mother could do that. Of course, since than we have had crimes of microwaved babies, drowning kids in bath tubs, raping an 8 day old baby...the list goes on and on. When crimes like that are committed makes me love on my kids more than I already do.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Yes, the Manson Murders. I was only 3 when they happened but I watched Helter Skelter on TV in 1976 at age 10 and read the book around that same time. That's when I became a Death Hag and obsessed with true crime cases. I have always been fascinated with true crime but the Manson Case has always been the one I read everything about, watch everything about it and studied the case indepth. Almost 40 years after the crime and 30 years of studying it, I still find it the most horrible of crimes and just can't get my mind around what happened. This case changed me forever.

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    Yes we'll leave it at that.

yes.
    the torture and murder of Riley Ann Sawyers, aka baby grace
    http://www.findadeath.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1840

l've never been so upset about a case, and l've never felt so strongly that the death penalty should be utilized.
    children trust their parents to protect them, and not cause them atrocious harm.

also, l find myself thinking about her when l want to yell at my two-year-old.
    l'm now that bit more patient.
    Last edited by Finnegan; 09-13-2008 at 08:55 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by beatlebaby4 View Post
    Yes, the Manson Murders. I was only 3 when they happened but I watched Helter Skelter on TV in 1976 at age 10 and read the book around that same time. That's when I became a Death Hag and obsessed with true crime cases. I have always been fascinated with true crime but the Manson Case has always been the one I read everything about, watch everything about it and studied the case indepth. Almost 40 years after the crime and 30 years of studying it, I still find it the most horrible of crimes and just can't get my mind around what happened. This case changed me forever.
    Wow! Me, too. Well, I was 2 when it happened, but that was definitely the beginning of my Death Haggism.

And, as LadyCurry said, the recent and very alarming trend of the atrocities committed on children by their parents has made me doubt humanity in general.

In a way all of them have.
    I've always been a trusting, gullible, naive person. Not any more. Every true crime I've read about has made me more careful and less trusting of strangers. Probably a little to much.
    My poor daughter. Whenever she wants to do something that I think is to dangerous she has to hear about what could happen. She tells me I read to many true crime books.

Yeah. When I was in high school, a good friend of mine was murdered by three other friends. Long story, but I have never been the same.

yes
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

The murder of Susan Johnson, a girl I went to high school with, in 1972. She was a beautiful blond, hip, and popular, a couple of grades ahead of me. Years before, I worked at a mom and pop dinner and she would come in with her bff. She was always very nice to me and that's all that counted.

When she graduated from hs she took off to Atlanta and went work a go go girl in a nightclub, and she supposedly had ties to the Outlaws biker gang.

In the summer of 1972, I was working in a factory. On the way home, the lady I rode with asked me if I knew Susan Johnson and that she had been raped, murdered, and dumped off a lane in the boonies somewhere.

Her murder was never solved. As in some unsolveds the police knew who did it, but they didn't have enough evidence for arrest. The suspect was one Santa Clause, a member of the Outlaws, who was already spending a life sentence in prison for other such murders.

I was 16 y/o, and this murder really struck me. She was close to my age; I knew her, and it just planted in my head the fact that, while she was of course not to blame for what happened to her, the choices you make can be fatal.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

LadyCurry Guest
    "The choices you make can be fatal/"

How true that is.

NOVSTORM Guest
    Yes when a friend of mine was murdered by another kid I went to school with.
    SOme kids I knew were already messing with drugs, this guy was high on reds and other things when he murdered her. I made up my mind right then and there I would never do drugs or hang with people who do. I dropped every friend I had that had been messing with drugs.

MorbidMolly Guest
    This case hit close to home because I knew the parties involved.......now they are asking for a DNA test to prove Ruebke`s innocence.....only time will tell on that.........my baby girl was only 1 month younger then these babies at the time of their murder.....they were taken out and shot like dogs, along with their babysitter......my brother worked with their mom at the time, and I KNOW drugs were involved........no matter innocent or guilty, this piece of shit grinned through the whole trial.......I went to the funeral home with my brother, and both babies lay in one casket, holding hands.......I`ll NEVER forget that.......changed my life........I saw the crime scene photos because I worked at a facility that stored Reno Counties records.......horrible, horrible, horrible........they would have been 26 last month

http://data.ksn.com/news/stories/15144870.html

kimba Guest
    9-11 really affected me.
    I worked in a highrise building..on the 22nd floor...in Toronto at the time...
    We worked above the Workman's Compensation Board -which for our American friends deals with workers on longterm disabilities, and their financial woes.
    Anyway- it was common for us to have to be evacuated because of bomb threats (Disgruntled and desperate workers appealing their claims I guess..Once we had a guy come into the foyer and threaten to kill himself- had a knife to his neck, and just wanted his caseworker to come downstairs and watch him do it...)
    Sad sad situation for sure...

anyway- being on the top floor, and having a bad knee, when the order came to evacuate, I would opt to stay, joking I would rather loot or burn than make the 22 flights of stairs...

In light of 9-11 though..I would NEVER ,EVER make that joke again. I resolved to be in better shape, and began working out, had surgery, so that my knee was better, so that I could make the stairs, and help people if necessary, and I will never wear anything but comfortable shoes in a highrise building situation, so that I can escape, and help others.
    I took a first aid course so that I could be able to assist in an emergency.
    CPR is so important to know.
    I also always check to see emergency exits and emergency equipment locations in any new job situation, indeed in any large area like a department store even..
    The other thing?
    I NEVER make apologies for being late. If I am late, I don't stress over it.
    Because being late saved some of those folks lives...
    I'm not being deliberately late mind you..I'm just saying, that somehow we're late for a reason...it can save your life.
    (I've had events happen in the past that reinforce that belief..being delayed just a few minutes and having just missed a serious accident..taking a different way home for some reason and then finding that something tragic happened on your regular route, and it happened just around the time you would be there...)
    9-11 just confirmed that belief.

JTIS

Kimba

I♥TinyTim Guest
    I saw my dad shot in the head and again in the abdomen. I had his blood and brain matter all over me. So, yeah, I'd say that changed my life.

cupcake187 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ihearttinytim View Post
    I saw my dad shot in the head and again in the abdomen. I had his blood and brain matter all over me. So, yeah, I'd say that changed my life.
    holy f*CK!! how horrible!! reading that has affected me!.. wowzers..
    Iheart what do you do to get through that kind of situation? I couldn't even imagine.. if that's insensitive of me to ask, I apologize, I mean no disrespect but that really shocked me and got me thinking.

prior to I heart's story.. again.. wow.. I guess quite a few things affected me, mostly animal abuse stories.. it caused me to change my major to criminal justice..

I sometimes wish I could be like Dharanidhar "D.D" Boro
    http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/63181/...sha-uthup.html
    Last edited by cupcake187; 09-13-2008 at 02:26 PM.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    I'm so sorry to hear that tiny. I just can't imagine. You are such a strong person to have gone through that and come out the other side. Keep smiling sweetie and again I'm so sorry for your loss

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    First off, I'd like to say that I am amazed each and every day at the strength and amazing courage that my fellow Death Hags possess.

Tiny, For you to come here, and be brave enough to share the such a horrible tragedy that happened in your life, while still portraying in your other posts what an intelligent, warm-hearted, and fun person you have remained is a testament to the human spirit.

The only crime that I can recall that had an effect on me personally was when I was a child. And the effect was brought on by the over-reaction of my mother to it. I was probably about eight years old when the news was saturated with reports of Richard Ramirez's reign of terror in Los Angeles as The Night Stalker.

Every report that she saw about it sent my Mom deeper into her paranoia. I remember a full two-week period where I was not allowed to leave the house once sunset started by any means. We didn't even live in Los Angeles County. No where near it, in fact, but my Mom was certain that The Night Stalker was going to attack us all. And she told my brother and I so many times.

When you're a kid - That kind of thing can be scary. So because she was paranoid, I think it rubbed off on me to some extent.

She did the same thing on 9/11. Waking me up and frantically telling me that I needed to call my daughter and tell her goodbye. I was a little more equipped at that time to tell her that she was over-reacting and that we were safe. She spent that whole day tensing up if she head a police siren going by, but in her defense, there wasn't anybody who was completely calm that day.

God rest my Momma's soul...but she did have a flair for the dramatic.

djdeath-hag Guest
    Has any crime changed me? Yes....but I believe that I've been changed for the better. In August of 1991 I was held up by a gunman when making a night deposit for the retail chain that I worked for at the time. It all happened so fast in the beginning. I rolled down my window, and before I could reach under my jacket on the passenger seat to grab the bag & drop it, a man with a small gun wedged himself between the drop & my car. I followed his instructions to removed the keys & give them to him. From that point on....everything slowed down in a way that life should never do. He spent a good deal of time IN my car with me...where he took my wallet & my dignity. When he finally left the car, he instructed me not to get out or make a scene. So.....I had to sit there & WATCH him do the same number on a guy who pulled up to the drive through ATM. The guy was ballsier than I was & attempted to resist....until the gun was in his mouth with the threat of "I'll blow your fuckin head off".

When it was all said & done.....I immediately felt compelled to rid myself of a handgun that my dad had given me. I no longer wanted access to something that could be lethal, especially in the wrong hands or at the wrong time. I found myself to be more sympathetic to minorities. As far as I know, the guy who held me up was never caught.

I♥TinyTim Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cupcake187 View Post
    holy f*CK!! how horrible!! reading that has affected me!.. wowzers..
    Iheart what do you do to get through that kind of situation? I couldn't even imagine.. if that's insensitive of me to ask, I apologize, I mean no disrespect but that really shocked me and got me thinking.

prior to I heart's story.. again.. wow.. I guess quite a few things affected me, mostly animal abuse stories.. it caused me to change my major to criminal justice..

I sometimes wish I could be like Dharanidhar "D.D" Boro
    http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/63181/...sha-uthup.html
    Quote Originally Posted by beatlebaby4 View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear that tiny. I just can't imagine. You are such a strong person to have gone through that and come out the other side. Keep smiling sweetie and again I'm so sorry for your loss
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxofpandoraz View Post
    First off, I'd like to say that I am amazed each and every day at the strength and amazing courage that my fellow Death Hags possess.

Tiny, For you to come here, and be brave enough to share the such a horrible tragedy that happened in your life, while still portraying in your other posts what an intelligent, warm-hearted, and fun person you have remained is a testament to the human spirit.

The only crime that I can recall that had an effect on me personally was when I was a child. And the effect was brought on by the over-reaction of my mother to it. I was probably about eight years old when the news was saturated with reports of Richard Ramirez's reign of terror in Los Angeles as The Night Stalker.

Every report that she saw about it sent my Mom deeper into her paranoia. I remember a full two-week period where I was not allowed to leave the house once sunset started by any means. We didn't even live in Los Angeles County. No where near it, in fact, but my Mom was certain that The Night Stalker was going to attack us all. And she told my brother and I so many times.

When you're a kid - That kind of thing can be scary. So because she was paranoid, I think it rubbed off on me to some extent.

She did the same thing on 9/11. Waking me up and frantically telling me that I needed to call my daughter and tell her goodbye. I was a little more equipped at that time to tell her that she was over-reacting and that we were safe. She spent that whole day tensing up if she head a police siren going by, but in her defense, there wasn't anybody who was completely calm that day.

God rest my Momma's soul...but she did have a flair for the dramatic.
    That was back in 1985. I had JUST turned 11. I've written about this before, on another thread. If it weren't for my faith in Christ, I wouldn't be here right now. I'd be 6 feet under, having committed suicide.

I still have my "days." I still get angry, etc. I'm not perfect. But I'm nowhere near where I used to be.

Pandora, I undrstand you... My mom was the same way with me, growing up. I'm rolling my eyes at her now...
    Last edited by I♥TinyTim; 09-13-2008 at 06:21 PM.

Armcast Guest
    Huge Hugs ihearttinytim...

Back when I was a sophomore in high school, one of my teachers was murdered by a guy who wanted his 1 gallon gas can. He gave it up, but the guy shot him anyway. He (my teacher) was also a pastor at a local church (we all called him Brother Fred), his wife was my music teacher in elementary school. They were the gentlest souls one could ever meet. They're angels in heaven now.

I♥TinyTim Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Armcast View Post
    Huge Hugs ihearttinytim...

Back when I was a sophomore in high school, one of my teachers was murdered by a guy who wanted his 1 gallon gas can. He gave it up, but the guy shot him anyway. He (my teacher) was also a pastor at a local church (we all called him Brother Fred), his wife was my music teacher in elementary school. They were the gentlest souls one could ever meet. They're angels in heaven now.
    Thanks, Armcast. I'm pretty sure that's where my OCD comes from. I remember screaming for help, and when someone finally came, they pulled me away from my dad, and sat me in a chair while they called 911. I remember twitching involuntarily. I wanted to get all that off of me. I looked back and forth from the person on the phone to my dad's body. There was practically no head left. I didn't talk to anyone for at least a year.

This is how I came into Tiny Tim. (My dad's death is briefly mentioned on my TinyTim tribute site, connected to how I got introduced to Tiny Tim's music). When Tiny died, that was the end of my world. What Tiny means to me, no one will ever understand.

Anyway, I'm really sorry about your teacher. That sucks. And he was a pastor too? Bet you the guy who killed him is going to be cajun extra crispy.
    Last edited by I♥TinyTim; 09-13-2008 at 11:25 PM.

lil_zino Guest
    Very much so. I used to work with people who killed, so I learned a few things about how to keep safe. For example, when choosing an apartment, I didn't even bother with ones I knew housed a lot of former clients. A lot of them still remember me and I didn't want the wrong one to think I was their "friend" and rob me at knife point for drug money like they did before to their loved ones. Especially with my husband's music gear. Those two factors make it too much.

Truth be known, I'm real surprised he hasn't gotten beat up for his stuff yet. Especially at his school where a lot of homeless addicts hang out. I mean, I interned at homeless shelters last year and most people were non-violent. But you'd get that one in that was very violent and being on the receiving end was pretty bad for some of the workers I saw. I've been noticing the last couple times I've helped him carry his gear out for gigs, the people at the townhouses across the street have been eyeballing the stuff. That place is such a haven for crime-tons of child molesters, drug addicts all that stuff. The cops are there on a nightly basis. I'm not sad to be moving at all.

I'm so glad I was born after Ted Bundy got locked up. My husband can't watch any movies or read anything about that man. He told me it gave him too many nightmares because I look so much like the women he killed. Even my co-workers and people I went to school with agreed. Now, if only a casting director for the next Bundy movie they make could cross my path!

Armcast Guest
    Thanks, Armcast. I'm pretty sure that's where my OCD comes from. I remember screaming for help, and when someone finally came, they pulled me away from my dad, and sat me in a chair while they called 911. I remember twitching involuntarily. I wanted to get all that off of me. I looked back and forth from the person on the phone to my dad's body. There was practically no head left. I didn't talk to anyone for at least a year.

This is how I came into Tiny Tim. (My dad's death is briefly mentioned on my TinyTim tribute site, connected to how I got introduced to Tiny Tim's music). When Tiny died, that was the end of my world. What Tiny means to me, no one will ever understand.

Anyway, I'm really sorry about your teacher. That sucks. And he was a pastor too? Bet you the guy who killed him is going to be cajun extra crispy.
    I'm so sorry ihearttinytim that you had to see that. I was present at the moment of each of my parents' deaths but they were natural causes...I still had nightmares...I can only imagine what you went through...you're a stronger person than me let me tell you...

Until Brother Fred died I had never wished hell for anyone, but I did with that guy...however, knowing Brother Fred, he would easily be one to hug the guy and forgive him...again, another person far, far better than me...
    (((((HUGS)))))

Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    Has any crime changed me? Yes....but I believe that I've been changed for the better. In August of 1991 I was held up by a gunman when making a night deposit for the retail chain that I worked for at the time. It all happened so fast in the beginning. I rolled down my window, and before I could reach under my jacket on the passenger seat to grab the bag & drop it, a man with a small gun wedged himself between the drop & my car. I followed his instructions to removed the keys & give them to him. From that point on....everything slowed down in a way that life should never do. He spent a good deal of time IN my car with me...where he took my wallet & my dignity. When he finally left the car, he instructed me not to get out or make a scene. So.....I had to sit there & WATCH him do the same number on a guy who pulled up to the drive through ATM. The guy was ballsier than I was & attempted to resist....until the gun was in his mouth with the threat of "I'll blow your fuckin head off".

When it was all said & done.....I immediately felt compelled to rid myself of a handgun that my dad had given me. I no longer wanted access to something that could be lethal, especially in the wrong hands or at the wrong time. I found myself to be more sympathetic to minorities. As far as I know, the guy who held me up was never caught.

First...I have to join everyone here and say how sorry I am for you, Ihearttinytim. For you, as a child to go thru that, is beyond horrible.

Dj.. Wow what a horrible thing to happen to you also. I can relate to what u had happen, a little. I was working as a waitress, and one night after closing, 2 guys came in to rob the place. One came up to me, and shot me, point blank. I actually died twice that night, and am amazed I did make it. I didnt see the light, or any tunnel, which kinda makes me think, Uh Oh...LOL but thats a different thread entirely. The guys got away that night, and did 2 more robberies in 2 week span, shooting 4 more ppl and finally killing a man before the police got them after a little chase. The whole experience has changed my life. How I feel towards violent criminals, how I live my life now, and my compassion towards other victims of sensiless, violent crimes. I think going thru that got me more into being a death hag. I always was facinated by it, and wanted to see celebrity death pics. After that, I was researching it more, looking at more and more death pics, getting into the autopsy shows. Now I cant stop! LOL

katspjs Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleRain View Post
    First...I have to join everyone here and say how sorry I am for you, Ihearttinytim. For you, as a child to go thru that, is beyond horrible.

Dj.. Wow what a horrible thing to happen to you also. I can relate to what u had happen, a little. I was working as a waitress, and one night after closing, 2 guys came in to rob the place. One came up to me, and shot me, point blank. I actually died twice that night, and am amazed I did make it. I didnt see the light, or any tunnel, which kinda makes me think, Uh Oh...LOL but thats a different thread entirely. The guys got away that night, and did 2 more robberies in 2 week span, shooting 4 more ppl and finally killing a man before the police got them after a little chase. The whole experience has changed my life. How I feel towards violent criminals, how I live my life now, and my compassion towards other victims of sensiless, violent crimes. I think going thru that got me more into being a death hag. I always was facinated by it, and wanted to see celebrity death pics. After that, I was researching it more, looking at more and more death pics, getting into the autopsy shows. Now I cant stop! LOL
    Wow, it is unbelievable what some of you have gone through. I am so sorry for your losses/pain. You are all so strong, such amazing survivors. I am grateful everyday for my wonderful husband and kids after having barely survived my "Ted Bundy was his role model" ex. I ran for my life and never looked back. It took years to make those nightmares go away. When a horrible and violent act hits very close to home, you are forever changed IMO.

Just seeing crime scenes or photos on the Internet has changed me. It made me become more careful about what I click and what I see on the web.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

That was back in 1985. I had JUST turned 11. I've written about this before, on another thread. If it weren't for my faith in Christ, I wouldn't be here right now. I'd be 6 feet under, having committed suicide.

I still have my "days." I still get angry, etc. I'm not perfect. But I'm nowhere near where I used to be.

Pandora, I undrstand you... My mom was the same way with me, growing up. I'm rolling my eyes at her now...
    Sweetie, I am so sorry you had to go through that. I can't even imagine experiencing that as an adult, let alone an 11 year old child.

The crime that changed my life was the murder of Anita Cobby. We lived half an hour away from Blacktown at the time. Nobody would go anywhere by themselves at night after that, and especially not by train.

I think just about everyone is a survivor in some way. And thanks for saying that Kats, We are not victims..we are survivors.

katspjs Guest
    I think just about everyone is a survivor in some way. And thanks for saying that Kats, We are not victims..we are survivors.
    You are all quite welcome. Whenever you have to face something life altering and you come out on the otherside changed, but OK, then you are a survivor in the most profound way. I always think of that old adage, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger......

Snoopy Guest
    The summer after I graduated a guy I went to school with was shot and killed by another guy I went to school with..over a girl...I realized then that no guy or girl is worth losing a friendship or your life over...no matter how much you think they mean to you..9/11 of course.

The Oklahoma City bombing really affected me .. I had just given birth to my first son three days before. I dont know if it was hormones or being a first time parent ..but the scenes of the rescue workers bringing out the burned and battered children from the day care center .. it just caved my heart in . When it came to light that this crime was commited by homegrown terrorists .. I was absolutly sickened to my core. We did this to our own people .. people just going to work trying to provide for their families .. it was then that I realized that evil reaches every shore.. you are never truly safe .. even doing the mundane day to day things in life .

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Demondahlia View Post
    The Oklahoma City bombing really affected me .. I had just given birth to my first son three days before. I dont know if it was hormones or being a first time parent ..but the scenes of the rescue workers bringing out the burned and battered children from the day care center .. it just caved my heart in . When it came to light that this crime was commited by homegrown terrorists .. I was absolutly sickened to my core. We did this to our own people .. people just going to work trying to provide for their families .. it was then that I realized that evil reaches every shore.. you are never truly safe .. even doing the mundane day to day things in life .
    Yes, that is another one that really affected me. As did Columbine. So senseless. And of course the all time worse crime of the century..9/11. Still haven't recovered from that one

pinupgirl1948 Guest
    9/11 changed my whole outlook on life as did it for many people.I think we were all effected by it

Seagorath Guest
    Adam Walsh —— He was the same age as me and his death opened my eyes to the fact that monsters exist in the world. I never trusted an adult again after I watched the movie 'Adam'. Adults suck.

Adam Walsh was a truly horrific crime .. and I admire John Walsh so much for turning his anger and grief into something positive .. did they ever conclude if Otis Toole was infact Adam's murderer?

Seagorath Guest
    John Walsh is a truly incredible man...he represents the triumph of the human spirit. I always thought Toole was involved, but I've always considered theories where a 2nd party was involved. Adam could have been abused & murdered by Toole and another man...

Adam Walsh was a truly horrific crime .. and I admire John Walsh so much for turning his anger and grief into something positive .. did they ever conclude if Otis Toole was infact Adam's murderer?

onekindsistah Guest
    Iheart... you are amazing!

I've been affected by a crime, I can't really talk about it. It didn't happened to me, but when I was told it was one of the most heartwrenching things I've ever heard and witnessed - the fear and hurt my friend had experienced.

tydtm Guest

No, they did not. A lot have speculated on Jeffrey Dahmer, since only Adam Walsh's head was found--even to this day...But no one has been confirmed as Adam's killer.

Amber Hagerman's story affected me. So much that I created a myspace page for her. I want her killer brought down. Amber was strangled and had her throat slit before being dumped in a ditch. She is the same age as me...well at least she would be...

And 12 years later, still no justice...

http://www.myspace.com/amberrenehagerman

Nelliebean Guest
    My mom was a homicide detective and we grew up hearing about some pretty gruesome cases.

Some people feel that she shouldn't have been discussing the details with us but it taught us some serious lessons about making the right choices.

djdeath-hag Guest

WOW....that is so disturbing....I am GLAD & GRATEFUL that you survived! What a nightmare/hellish ordeal you've endured....makes me feel silly for even bothering to post.....between you & IHeartTinyTim, I've lived a charmed life. Color me tickled pink that they got the SOB who shot you!

Chascsq Guest
    I was 8, and two TV movies came out; David (About the boy set on fire)and Cry for Help the Tracy Thurman Story. Both were cases that happenned when I was too young to remember, so I never heard of them till those movies came out...I never imagined a parent could do that to a child. I never knew child abuse even existed. Then that scene in Tracy Thurman where he stabs her, and stomps on her head. I never even knew before then that spouses could beat each other, but that scene... Nancy McKeon, and Dale Midkiff put on the performances of their lives! Oh god both scarred me for life.
    Last edited by Chascsq; 09-17-2008 at 03:29 AM.

Of course I was affected by 9/11, Ted Bundy, and those "public" crimes. But the crime that changed my life was a personal one. A man I thought was my friend in college turned into a terrifying stalker. He tried to take away everything that meant anything to me. Family, friends, even freedom. AND I NEVER FOUND OUT WHY!!

That nutbag would even stand under my window, 3 floors down, and scream curses at me. Like "You fucking bitch, you fat cunt, I hate you, you should die." You all know, the lunatic top 10. He got me fired from work, got friends tangled in it, caused me legal problems, would call me at all hours, follow me, talk to people I knew and respected, and he would look over at me and laugh.

The problem was that this guy was a complete fucking charmer, and most people could not believe he could be so evil.

Then, a girl went missing on our campus, and things began to change. My parents called the Boone PD and explained the situation, so they came to interview me about my "friend". He had not killed her, but they were disturbed by all I had to tell, so I at least had someone who knew what was happening and not snowed by him.

When I moved closer to campus, the harrassment escalated, with the sidewalk screaming, lurking in buildings, watching me walk home, and the lovely phone messages. The cops came again, and listened to this barrage of foulness. Trying to inject a **little** levity, I told them the only part that REALLY bugged me was the "fat cunt" since I was still quite cute then. The cops said they could run him out of town, but he'd probably kill me for it. So, they just kept a close watch on us both. I know they hauled him in to "talk" and the openly hostile shit stopped, but that almost scared me more, and I was right. Stalker had political aspirations, and was easily able to go underground with the homicidal shit.

Stalker began a friendship with a crusty, queeny, old writer which seemed odd, (since he was homophobic, and writer really was unpleasant) but fine, kept him away. Until CQOW called to tell me I was in "deadly peril" b/c stalker really wanted to kill me. Did I mention CQOW lived approx 100 ft. from me, and that's where the boys met? No wonder it took me 8 fucking years to finish undergrad!! I called the cops 911 fast, and sent them to CQOW. He was so afraid, he left town for awhile.

By then, my new **bestest** friend, Todd, "The Chocolate Goddess" (his name for himself) had moved in 50 feet away, and he didn't like his Maxy being terrorized. So, all 6'5" of chocolately goodness paid stalker a visit, and they had a chat.

Todd explained Maxy was his "fag hag" now, and when stalker tried to protest, Todd said he was obviously troubled about his sexuality, which he could help him with (yeah, he was rubbing on himself) or that he was just crazy, and the only thing Todd could think to do then was to beat the shit out of stalker and tell EVERYONE it had happened b/c stalker tried to "take my (Todd's) candy". After that, I had no more trouble, even though the cops said it was a stupid idea, and may set stalker off on Todd. But Todd said he really believed he'd hit a nerve with the sexuality thing, and he must have. I rarely saw stalker after that, and he graduated 6 months later. I heard he got a position at a large university as director of Residence Life. You know, the guy who has access to everyone's dorm rooms.

One final thing. He once gave me a ride home for Christmas, and spent the night with the family. We all had a great time, my parents took us out to dinner and we all talked and laughed into the wee hours. Before I went to bed, my mother (AKA Sharon Osbourne) said "Jesus Christ Maxy, why can't you find someone like him instead of those loser fucking musicians and artists you drag home every goddamned time?!?!" The shit hit the fan with him less than 3 months later, and she had screaming nightmares of him killing us all in their house after dinner on that visit. Took lotta therapy to get my mom ok again.

Sorry the post was so long, but if you get thru it, thanks for listening

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest
    Microwave oven used to kill a baby in Dayton....just disgusting:

http://www.whiotv.com/news/17336911/detail.html

This one happened 3 doors down from me in December:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/...ath-81098.html

I am amazed at this...these people only live there for 3 months or so...I didn't even know they had a baby living there..ALL time new LOW!!

djdeath-hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxyMillions View Post

Sorry the post was so long, but if you get thru it, thanks for listening
    Never apologize for a lengthy, fascinating post, Maxy! I read every word & am ever so grateful that you are no longer living in fear of this sociopath. I do have a favor to ask of you though. Next time you speak with your bestest friend Todd, please give him a huge HAGHUG of thanks from me!

Fujicakes Guest
    I think that a lot of these stories involving kids are what have (mostly) caused me to seriously consider not bringing children into this world.

Wow Maxy what a horrifying story. Thank God for The Chocolate Goddess No kidding..Big Hugs

DJ, you had a horrifying, scary incident. It should in no way be pushed down a notch because u werent wounded. You are still a survivor

Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    Never apologize for a lengthy, fascinating post, Maxy! I read every word & am ever so grateful that you are no longer living in fear of this sociopath. I do have a favor to ask of you though. Next time you speak with your bestest friend Todd, please give him a huge HAGHUG of thanks from me!
    Thank you for your kind words, DJ! Todd and I lost touch years ago, but I think I'll try to find him again. He was truly fabulous!! He also liked to be called Mocha Mint . There were 3 of us that he looked out for, and he did a wonderful job. My parents looovvveeedd him as well.

Wow Maxy what a horrifying story. Thank God for The Chocolate Goddess No kidding..Big Hugs

DJ, you had a horrifying, scary incident. It should in no way be pushed down a notch because u werent wounded. You are still a survivor
    BelleRain, the Chocolate Goddess was a wonderful, hot mess. We took all the same classes and would drag our desks together. He would always say this one professor was cruising him in the bathroom, and I would say, "then why do you always go in there right before class?!" and he told me that, although the prof was a "multifaceted booger" the cruising "helps my self esteem." I think that I did not become a completely paranoid, isolated person after the stalker b/c of him.

9/11 has forever changed my life.

My sexual assault in college......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."