Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: George W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by michael d View Post
    He was severely beaten; his arm and a number of ribs were broken. I'm not sure what other things you would like to have seen broken. He now stands to serve 2-7 years in prison. What he did should not be tolerated. Unanswered, it sets a bad precedent. The beating was also wrong. If someone came into your country (with good intentions) without any real plan or deep consideration of the consequences and left it a war zone, I'm guessing you might be a little pissed off. The frustration of Muntadhar al-Zaidi, I would guess, represents the frustration of many Iraqis. So when you have a newly formed government (with the backing of that well intended entity) tolerate or participate in the beating of someone who represents the frustrations of many. . . its probably not a good idea. Its also a bad precedent. It makes a bad situation even worse.
    You don't really believe that beating was a "precedent" do you? Treating their fellow Iraqis like shit is practically a national passtime.

Iraq was "a war zone" long before the Americans got to it.

Oh, they are "frustrated" are they? Well how sad! I guess that justifies attacking the US prez. Good God

Sorry - this shithead got less than he deserved.

It was a pointless gesture aimed at a pointless man. Fuck em both they are both dumb fucking cunts.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

michael d Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    You don't really believe that beating was a "precedent" do you? Treating their fellow Iraqis like shit is practically a national passtime.

Iraq was "a war zone" long before the Americans got to it.

Oh, they are "frustrated" are they? Well how sad! I guess that justifies attacking the US prez. Good God

Sorry - this shithead got less than he deserved.
    I didn't say throwing shoes at a president was justified. Its not.

You know, if you prop up a new government that you want to be taken seriously, its probably a good idea not to promote beatings. You might want to promote a court system and due process. I don't see how throwing a shoe is a crime and torture is not.

IG-88 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoney View Post
    I think the new trend in America is to pass personal responsibility onto our elected officials - including the President. For example, this whole housing crisis is not the fault of GWB, but rather the lenders that allowed people who could not pay their mortgages to buy homes. That is the crux of the bad economy right now, yet everybody wants to find a scapegoat...and of course everyone's favorite scapegoat is Bush.

If you go back into history, we had a lot of social/economical/foreign problems before the Bush Presidency. It's cyclical - similar to the cyclical economy. We historically go through wars, social change, bad economies, foreign affairs, etc. Some President's don't see as much as Bush has, but no doubt, some decisions from past Administrations can later affect the current Administration. Bush had to deal with the worst terrorist attack in history only 8 months after he was inaugarated. Some would argue that Clinton's inactivity to capture and kill Osama bin Laden is partly to fault. But now we see GWB getting blamed for the attack and for taking military action against Al-Quaeda in Afghanistan. As you can see, the phrase "damned if you do, damned if you don't" really applies to GWB here.
    You have the gall to tar the current economic miasma -- which is ending families and lives -- as "cyclical" like some god damned woman's menstration?

One thing I do concur: one cannot possibly staple the fault to a singular mortal man: but to one party, to one very distinctive group-think like meme that festered in the grey afterglow of September 11, 2001.

And that, mother nature to you and me, is the Republican party who had full vice-grip like reign of that congress who said "yes" (yes, there were few turncoats in the democratic party who voted along, but evidently the political worms have won their battle by feasting on said democrat's (chielfy Kerry) fell and undone careers).

So, along with blonde Asians and the Yeti, does G.O.P. accountability remain as eidolon as ever. Perhaps you cannot fathom the finality of some of the American servicemen's lives playing in Satan's litter-box while trying to win the "hearts and minds" of the indignant brothers of the burning sands.

P.S. What is your political alignment, if I may be so bold? Go on, I am awaiting with bated breath whilst fogging my pc screen with a thick and frosty sheen for you to say "Independant" .

RubySlippers Guest
    ig --- you are awfully defensive. i can actually see the spit flying from your mouth like venom.

Quote Originally Posted by IG-88 View Post
    You have the gall to tar the current economic miasma -- which is ending families and lives -- as "cyclical" like some god damned woman's menstration?

One thing I do concur: one cannot possibly staple the fault to a singular mortal man: but to one party, to one very distinctive group-think like meme that festered in the grey afterglow of September 11, 2001.

And that, mother nature to you and me, is the Republican party who had full vice-grip like reign of that congress who said "yes" (yes, there were few turncoats in the democratic party who voted along, but evidently the political worms have won their battle by feasting on said democrat's (chielfy Kerry) fell and undone careers).

So, along with blonde Asians and the Yeti, does G.O.P. accountability remain as eidolon as ever. Perhaps you cannot fathom the finality of some of the American servicemen's lives playing in Satan's litter-box while trying to win the "hearts and minds" of the indignant brothers of the burning sands.

P.S. What is your political alignment, if I may be so bold? Go on, I am awaiting with bated breath whilst fogging my pc screen with a thick and frosty sheen for you to say "Independant" .
    Blonde Asians? You've been watching too many Stephen Wright HBO comedy specials from the late 80s.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Jesus H.

If you think a shoe attack is so horrible, what do you call all the "justified" attacking we're doing over there? Bush didn't even get hit, no injury, and he took the whole thing with amusement. He's lucky all he got were shoes whizzing by.

Give me a break, duster. Good God, indeed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"When the lame duck ducked, it quacked me up." -- from the CNN crawl

The reason the secret service wasn't all over him was because the shoe thrower was a member of the press, and had already been screened and passed through many levels of security, as had everyone else in that room. That room was probably the most secure place in Iraq at that time, on that day. They simply were not expecting it.

One of the shoes hit the American Flag, the other shoe hit the Iraqi flag.

Bush treated it the same way he treats everything. He brushed it off and acted macho. Then as usual, he showed a total lack of understanding of the significance of what happened, by making an irrelevant remark which showed his total lack of cultural awareness- he was clueless that having a SHOE thrown at him was the ultimate insult in that country. Also, he showed no compassion about what was said when the shoes were thrown. He didn't even mention the widows and orphans. As 'President', he could have said something about the Iraqis unfortunate losses.

True, I wouldn't want to see that happen to Barack Obama. But, I don't think it would come to that, for the simple reason that future President Obama is open minded and intelligent, and will not be lording over the killing hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians.

I'll admit, I really enjoyed watching Bush play dodge the shoe.

9. 12-16-2008, 02:18 PM

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Luanne View Post
    Jesus H.

If you think a shoe attack is so horrible, what do you call all the "justified" attacking we're doing over there? Bush didn't even get hit, no injury, and he took the whole thing with amusement. He's lucky all he got were shoes whizzing by.

No one should be throwing anything at any American president, I don't care who they are or the president is. FFS - that is what a 3 year old would do.
    and mere idea that he is lucky nothing else worse happen to him is horrific... it seems to me that some Americans would like nothing more to see him 6 feet under - and be pleased as punch about it -and that is WRONG.

Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    No one should be throwing anything at any American president, I don't care who they are or the president is. FFS - that is what a 3 year old would do.
    and mere idea that he is lucky nothing else worse happen to him is horrific... it seems to me that some Americans would like nothing more to see him 6 feet under - and be pleased as punch about it -and that is WRONG.
    Let's be clear here. I didn't say it was OK to throw anything at the President, or that I wish he was six feet under. I don't think Americans who are exasperated with him want that either, so please rethink whatever statement you're trying to make.

But I do think that, after this many years, he IS lucky to not have had anything more than a pair of shoes thrown at him. And, yes, you are correct: that is a horrific idea. Who wants the leader of their country to be someone so hated all over the world? But a lot of people do not like this man, ESPECIALLY the people of Iraq.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MorbidMolly Guest
    Some nice little tid-bits the Bush Admin. is trying to leave us.....while we look the other way this " Lame Duck " has been quacking

"The changes include new rules that open the way for commercial development of oil shale on federal land, allow truckers to drive for longer periods, and add certain restrictions on employee time off under the Family and Medical Leave Act."

Another "midnight regulation" proposed by Bush would relax protection for workers exposed to toxic substances on the job. The new Bush plan, strongly backed by big business groups, would replace strict national safety standards with industry-by – allowing more asbestos in the factory, for example, than in the office.
    In this case, Bush is acting in direct defiance of President-elect Barack Obama. In September, Obama and four other senators introduce that would prohibit the from issuing the very rule it is now rushing to complete. Obama also sent a letter to Labor Secretary Elaine Chao urging her to scrap the proposal because it would "create serious obstacles to protecting workers from health hazards on the job." Yet flunkies are proceeding with their plan, even though himself promised to cooperate with Obama in making the transition "as smooth as possible."
    The new mining and worker-safety proposals are only two of some 20 highly controversial rules the Bush Admin is rushing to get in place before Jan. 20. Others include: allowing states to charge higher co-payments for hospital care and prescription drugs provided to low-income people under Medicaid; speeding up oil shale development alongside three national parks in the West; exempting family farms from air-pollution regulations; easing restrictions on lead emissions from factories near residential areas; and allowing tourists to carry loaded guns in national parks. The investigative journalist group ProPublica has published the full list of Bush's last-minute regulations on its website: propublica.org.
    President Obama, of course, will have the last word. But it won't be easy for him to undo all the damage Bush is doing. A new president can unilaterally reverse executive orders signed by his predecessor, as both Bush and Clinton have done, but rules and regulations, which Bush is pursuing, are different. Once they're embedded in the Code of Federal Regulations, they have the force of law and can only be changed after the new administration goes through a lengthy process of public comment and review.
    Knowing that everything he does can eventually be undone, why is Bush pushing such harmful rules and regulation? Because it completes his destructive agenda and make things as difficult as possible for Barack Obama – as though two wars and the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression weren't damage enough.

Ya gotta love him.............this is a hell of a lot more relevent, than someone clocking a shoe at him.......and it TRULY pisses me off
    Last edited by MorbidMolly; 12-16-2008 at 02:54 PM.

Bidmor Guest
    Oh well, in 3 or 4 years, everybody's gonna hate Obama who's gonna carry on the Bush/Neo-Con/Neo-Lib agenda abroad plus raising taxes on everyone here, then here comes Palin or some other Republican who will promise to deliver us from Obama and his third Bush term, then said Repub will promptly basically continue the Neo-Con/Neo-Lib agenda. Same road...different busses.
    Last edited by Bidmor; 12-16-2008 at 03:23 PM.

dovescry1999 Guest
    Enjoy the game...
    I did !!!!!!

http://bushbash.flashgressive.de/

Danse Macabre Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    I think it is sad. So are the comments of you who would think it was funny.

He is your president, and the thing the shoes ended up hitting is your American Flag.

Count your blessings that you will never know what would have happened if we had not had a strong president.

Now Obama is our president. I pray that he will be respected to when he has to get tough.
    I feel the same.
    Last edited by Danse Macabre; 12-16-2008 at 03:38 PM.

RubySlippers Guest
    Let's be clear here. I didn't say it was OK to throw anything at the President, or that I wish he was six feet under.
    I never said you did. I was making a general statement of how I feel some Americans feel. That is what I wrote.

I don't think Americans who are exasperated with him want that either, so please rethink whatever statement you're trying to make.
    I don't need to rethink anything. I know what I was saying.

But I do think that, after this many years, he IS lucky to not have had anything more than a pair of shoes thrown at him.
    Lucky? And that means. He's lucky he isn't... ???

And, yes, you are correct: that is a horrific idea. "Who wants the leader of their country to be someone so hated all over the world?"But a lot of people do not like this man, ESPECIALLY the people of Iraq.
    That is not what I am upset about - people not liking our President. I could give a shit. I was thinking more about people wanting harm to come upon him. PEOPLE. In general. Americans and non-Americans. To think that will solve things.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dovescry1999 View Post
    Enjoy the game...
    I did !!!!!!

http://bushbash.flashgressive.de/
    Damn......I wanna play on Yuri`s team......that dude got 92

MorbidMolly Guest
    And I don`t think anyone wants any harm to come to him.....and the shoe throwing incident was a way for some people to let off steam, be it right or wrong......as I`ve stated, I don`t like feeling this way about my president......but if I can laugh at some of the grisly deaths that some of us do, I can damn sure see the humor in this.....he isn`t God.....although try telling that to him .......a lot of families have buried loved ones over this adminstration and their lies.........IMO Bush did get off easy considering the climate, shall we say, festering there......obviously they should have done a better job of the screening, and confinscated all footwear.....he`ll retire with his millions and live to a ripe old age, never giving a second thought to the destruction left behind..........*see lame duck post please*....I don`t want us to fight over someone, who in my opinion, doesn`t warrant it......he has no honor, and no shame.......we are hags and we will always be hags.......that superceeds a message board.......

Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers
    Let's be clear here. I didn't say it was OK to throw anything at the President, or that I wish he was six feet under.
    I never said you did. I was making a general statement of how I feel some Americans feel. That is what I wrote.
    And I responded with a general statement that I don't think most Americans who don't like him are hateful enough to want him six feet under.

Yes, he's lucky. That's what I said before. In 2005, he had a grenade thrown at him in Georgia (the country), and it didn't go off. That's what I call LUCKY.

Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers
    I was thinking more about people wanting harm to come upon him. PEOPLE. In general. Americans and non-Americans. To think that will solve things.
    OK. Well, I don't think we Americans have solved things fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan and harming lots of innocent people for 5 years. No wonder people (non-Americans) want to harm him. If that had been going on in our country for 5 years, I would want to throw shoes at the person who represents the country who caused it, too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RubySlippers Guest
    Right.
    Okay. Well, thanks.

Somewhere twixt San Antonio & Corpus Christi
    Jesus H.

Let's be clear here. I didn't say it was OK to throw anything at the President, or that I wish he was six feet under. I don't think Americans who are exasperated with him want that either, so please rethink whatever statement you're trying to make.

But I do think that, after this many years, he IS lucky to not have had anything more than a pair of shoes thrown at him. And, yes, you are correct: that is a horrific idea. Who wants the leader of their country to be someone so hated all over the world? But a lot of people do not like this man, ESPECIALLY the people of Iraq.
    And I responded with a general statement that I don't think most Americans who don't like him are hateful enough to want him six feet under.

Yes, he's lucky. That's what I said before. In 2005, he had a grenade thrown at him in Georgia (the country), and it didn't go off. That's what I call LUCKY.

OK. Well, I don't think we Americans have solved things fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan and harming lots of innocent people for 5 years. No wonder people (non-Americans) want to harm him. If that had been going on in our country for 5 years, I would want to throw shoes at the person who represents the country who caused it, too.
    WOO HOO
    You go Lu
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

American Progress

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    Oh well, in 3 or 4 years, everybody's gonna hate Obama who's gonna carry on the Bush/Neo-Con/Neo-Lib agenda abroad plus raising taxes on everyone here, then here comes Palin or some other Republican who will promise to deliver us from Obama and his third Bush term, then said Repub will promptly basically continue the Neo-Con/Neo-Lib agenda. Same road...different busses.
    And meanwhile, Bush is trying to quietly tip-toe away from his mess...

Snoopy Guest
    In my opinion We Americans have every right to be bitter towards this man..he is arrogant..cocky..and a liar and has dragged us all down in this hole..and listening to the news he's not quite done..he's got one more parting shot he wants to make..So if we laugh at the fact that he had shoes thrown at him too bad!

YAY a new game. Sock and awe. Don't worry, its ok, he is not my President.

http://www.sockandawe.com/
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

melmoney Guest

There is really no need to be so hostile.

I was referring to the "cyclical economy" because that is a widely known term and concept in Economics. I was an Economics major. I know these terms. The cyclical economy is built for good times and for bad times. Look at the Great Depression. Our country bounced back from that, we experienced a very good economy in the coming decades. Now we have a bad economy. In the large scope of things, our country will be resilient and experience good times to come.

Also, I take exception to you saying that I "cannot fathom the finality of some of the American servicemen's lives..." I was raised on military bases. My father was in the Air Force his whole career. He was deployed to the Middle East for many months. I certainly was aware of the dangers over there and I worried about him everyday. We only got to talk to him every other week or so. Mostly we would send him audio tapes of us talking and would look forward to getting his back. You can't tell me I don't understand the sacrifice that our Military men and women give to us.

michael d Guest

I was referring to the "cyclical economy" because that is a widely known term and concept in Economics. I was an Economics major. I know these terms. The cyclical economy is built for good times and for bad times. Look at the Great Depression. Our country bounced back from that, we experienced a very good economy in the coming decades. Now we have a bad economy. In the large scope of things, our country will be resilient and experience good times to come.

Also, I take exception to you saying that I "cannot fathom the finality of some of the American servicemen's lives..." I was raised on military bases. My father was in the Air Force his whole career. He was deployed to the Middle East for many months. I certainly was aware of the dangers over there and I worried about him everyday. We only got to talk to him every other week or so. Mostly we would send him audio tapes of us talking and would look forward to getting his back. You can't tell me I don't understand the sacrifice that our Military men and women give to us.
    First, I appreciate you father"s service and the sacrifices your family made so he could serve our country.

As far as the economy recovering from the Depression, there were two factors. The first being the mother of all stimulus packages in the form of the New Deal. Second, IMO World War II brought wholesale changes of how are workforce was structured, changes in manufacturing practices, etc. . . The GI Bill also brought a more educated workforce and housing construction. IMO The GI Bill had a hand in raising the standard of living in this country. * I really believe providing opportunities for our Vets is honorable and also healthy for country on many fronts, including the economy.

I understand a cyclical economy. . . but government has its purpose.
    Last edited by michael d; 12-17-2008 at 07:12 AM.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    And meanwhile, Bush is trying to quietly tip-toe away from his mess...
    Yes, it's too quiet on that front.

I'd say talk to us, but I don't think there is anything much left for him to say at this point.

melmoney Guest
    First, I appreciate you father"s service and the sacrifices your family made so he could serve our country.

As far as the economy recovering from the Depression, there were two factors. The first being the mother of all stimulus packages in the form of the New Deal. Second, IMO World War II brought wholesale changes of how are workforce was structured, changes in manufacturing practices, etc. . . The GI Bill also brought a more educated workforce and housing construction. IMO The GI Bill had a hand in raising the standard of living in this country. * I really believe providing opportunities for our Vets is honorable and also healthy for the economy.

I understand a cyclical economy. . . but government has its purpose.

Yes, you're right about the factors that led us out of the Depression. That's what I was attempting to illustrate in my earlier post. Our economy was eventually strengthened after the worst economic Depression we had ever faced. It's just the nature of our history that we have wars and bad things happen to us...but that can also lead us out of our domestic problems. Case in point, the example you listed above about WWII changing our workforce.

Now, the New Deal is a whole 'nother factor. I've done a lot of research on it and the system was designed to stimulate the economy for that time period. But now we are experiencing the kinks in the system because very little has changed in the way the program is run. We have an outdated system that is still being utilized in the very progressive, changing economy of today.

IG-88 Guest

You mistake veraciousness (of course, incomplete) for hostility. That's a chink in your armor I could exploit to my boon.

If you may curb your irrational exuberance for two shakes of a lamb's tail and answer this economic fact: President Bush, segueing September 11, 2001, in a manner of a French-tickler or really a franc-tireurs, enacted a change in our housing market (dun, dun, dun.. with a vengeance) during a pall feeling in our economy. May you please answer that pop quiz, hot shot?

P.S. If you are indeed posterity of servicemen, is it nuts/bleeding-heart of me to demand our kindred abroad to be returned home YESTER-SECOND/MINUTE/HOUR/DAY/WEEK/ MONTH/YEAR/EPOCH??

I rest my case.

endsleigh03 Guest
    You mistake veraciousness (of course, incomplete) for hostility. That's a chink in your armor I could exploit to my boon.

If you may curb your irrational exuberance for two shakes of a lamb's tail and answer this economic fact: President Bush, segueing September 11, 2001, in a manner of a French-tickler or really a franc-tireurs, enacted a change in our housing market (dun, dun, dun.. with a vengeance) during a pall feeling in our economy. May you please answer that pop quiz, hot shot?

P.S. If you are indeed posterity of servicemen, is it nuts/bleeding-heart of me to demand our kindred abroad to be returned home YESTER-SECOND/MINUTE/HOUR/DAY/WEEK/ MONTH/YEAR/EPOCH??

I rest my case.
    You are being rude and pretty much personally attacking Mel.
    All it will get you is out of here.

MbalmR Guest
    Endsleigh speaks the truth. If you can't debate nicely in a political thread, you must A) stay out of it, or B) you will receive a warning, possibly a ban. Review the forum rules, please. You're only allowed to take pot shots at the out-going president, not other forum members.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Yes, you're right about the factors that led us out of the Depression. That's what I was attempting to illustrate in my earlier post. Our economy was eventually strengthened after the worst economic Depression we had ever faced. It's just the nature of our history that we have wars and bad things happen to us...but that can also lead us out of our domestic problems. Case in point, the example you listed above about WWII changing our workforce.

Now, the New Deal is a whole 'nother factor. I've done a lot of research on it and the system was designed to stimulate the economy for that time period. But now we are experiencing the kinks in the system because very little has changed in the way the program is run. We have an outdated system that is still being utilized in the very progressive, changing economy of today.

BRAVO........now if we could only become more progressive, and agressive concerning this........a long haul ahead, no matter who`s running the " Palace "........

michael d Guest

First, thanks for the thoughtful response. You hit it on the nose that we have an outdated system. Large-scale manufacturing long lived in a post-World War II mentality that has not adapted to globalization. There are a lot of things that are simply going to have to change. I don't see the current problems as mere hiccups or the downside of an economic cycle. I believe that the ingenuity of this country always offers the future great potential. It really becomes an issue of how do we get from here to there. I honestly believe that developement of green technologies is our World War II. In that I mean that a focus is given and efforts consolidated to meet the challenges of a dire situation. It will require infrastructure projects, continued research/developement, a new way of seeing things, and sacrifice in the way people live. It will provide jobs of varying skill levels. An example of this country shooting itself in the foot is the company Solarone. Its a company that manufactured solar panels in Toledo, OH. The government failed to offer tax breaks to the company and it moved its operations to Germany. What was lost was not only jobs, but the future jobs of a fledgling company. Many of these were skilled jobs. What was also sacrificed was the symbiotic relationship it had with the university. In a nutshell, with the great challenges comes great opportunity. The key word in all of this is "energy." This might require government nuturing as the markets develop.

A subject that I know you have voiced criticism over, which is what a public forum is for, is with regard to health care. My take is that health care reform will go along way in helping small businesses. Small companies lose their most valuable workers because they can't afford healthcare. Or maybe they don't hire as many employees. Small companies will be a BIG part of emerging markets.

My apologies for the thread hijack.
    Last edited by michael d; 12-17-2008 at 03:58 PM.

octobersky Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MbalmR View Post
    Endsleigh speaks the truth. If you can't debate nicely in a political thread, you must A) stay out of it, or B) you will receive a warning, possibly a ban. Review the forum rules, please. You're only allowed to take pot shots at the out-going president, not other forum members.
    You said pot shots but what about shoe shots?

MbalmR Guest
    LOL I actually considered throwing a shoe or two myself!!! :-)

michael d Guest
    My mom threw shoes at me and brother on more than one occassion. The guilt she felt was punishment enough.

RubySlippers Guest
    My mom threw shoes at me and brother on more than one occassion. The guilt she felt was punishment enough.
    Like this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGkNzbRDvKs

MorbidMolly Guest
    I LOVE THAT.........LMAOOOOOOO......me and hubby found it on DVD and I had to have it.....hadn`t seen that concert in ages

octobersky Guest
    That was great

Armcast Guest
    No matter how wrong it is to disrespect a sitting or former president by throwing your shoes at him, there's still some humor in it...

And if I ever play dodgeball again, I call Bush for my team!

Apperenty mr shoethrower was severely beaten while in custody and his whereabouts are now unknown.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7785338.stm

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Apperenty mr shoethrower was severely beaten while in custody and his whereabouts are now unknown.
    Uh-oh

Armcast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post

This just in...

MONTREAL - It's a protest that should have a lot of sole.
    Montrealers are being invited to hurl their footware at the U.S.
    Consulate on Saturday in solidarity with an Iraqi journalist who
    threw his shoes at President George W. Bush this week.
    The event is being organized by Block the Empire, a
    Montreal-based antiwar protest group that regularly laces into
    Bush's foreign policy.
    Iraqi journalist Muntadhar al-Zeidi has been detained in Iraq
    since firing his shoes at Bush at a news conference last Sunday.
    Protest organizer Sophie Schoen says people are invited to bring
    any footware.
    To boot, journalists are being asked to take part in solidarity
    with their detained colleague.
    (The Canadian Press)

RubySlippers Guest
    Bush's foreign policy.
    any footware.
    (The Canadian Press)

People are idiots.

People are idiots.
    Yep. There's nothing so smug and self-righteous as a smug, self-righteous Canadian. It's easy to laugh at the players I guess when you have seasons tickets in the cheap seats.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Bush's foreign policy.
    any footware.
    (The Canadian Press)
    *Yawn*
    They need to find something new, that is so several days ago.
    What isn't new is a snarky attitude and often outright hatred towards America and her people by those in other SOME other countries (not directing that at Canada, BTW) for ages.

Bush and his cronies misdeeds just really gave some something to hang a hat on. These past days and months and years, we deserved it.

It's ok, I believe we will come back at some point and come back hard. When that will be is anyones guess, but it's something WE can hang our hats on, and we need that so badly.

To new hat-hangers, shoe-throwin' and a better future.....

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    To new hat-hangers, shoe-throwin' and a better future.....
    Cheers!

endsleigh03 Guest
    Cheers!
    Ever since that journo threw the shoes the other day I have had the worst urge to.........

Duussstterr!!!!!!! WATCH OUT..........!!!!!!

()

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Ever since that journo threw the shoes the other day I have had the worst urge to.........

Duussstterr!!!!!!! WATCH OUT..........!!!!!!

()
    Lmfao...That's not for throwin'. That's for drinkin' champagne out of.

51. 12-18-2008, 02:56 PM

MorbidMolly Guest
    I am going to post this, and then I`m done with these threads.....just a few points I`d like to make before I`m through.......

1 - I am floored by the hatred displayed for a man that hasn`t even taken office yet......I have never seen anything like this.....I have wracked my brains, and gone overboard trying to understand it, and there is only one conclusion I keep coming back to.....a conclusion that makes my heart sick.....we haven`t come very far after all

2 - If McCain had won the election I would have stayed out of any thread pertaining to him or his inauguration, because frankly I wouldn`t be jumping up and down for joy.....but I wouldn`t be slamming the man when he hasn`t even made one executive decision.....which brings me to point 3

3 - Bashing Bush.....Bush has had 8 years at the helm, which is a FAR cry from someone who hasn`t vetoed 1 bill, or made 1 executive decision.....a man who hasn`t been given a chance in many of your eyes, based on " past associations "......which brings me to point 4

4 - Past associations......you have got to be kidding on this one.....Bush, Cheney, Palin, McCain, have ALL had dubious associations, with extremely DUBIOUS people.....just as have many democrats.....nature of the beast kids.....I find their associations a little more detrimental to the country as a whole, than some whacked out preacher, or whacked out hippie, who by the way has had plenty of dealings with the GOP and it`s supporters.....I guess we all see what we want to.....which brings me to to point 5

5 - The ominous birth certificate.....you might recall McCain was named in that motion that went before the Supreme Court, questioning his legitimacy to become President.....I wonder if we would be screaming " Jonny show me your real birth certificate " if he had won....I think not

6 - I supported Bush, although I did it with a heavy heart........time after time I prayed, yes I said prayed, for things to get better......8 years and my disappointment knows no bounds.....therefore I bitch.....I have stated if Obama does the same thing, I`ll be the first to throw the shoe

7 - Obama has been called a socialist and everything in the book.....he will ruin America and her family values.....have you looked around lately.....I`m afraid that`s already happened, and no matter what a President does, all you have to do is mosey on over to " Other Deaths " and see the hatred and absolute disregard for human life.....and just for the record, between the wire-tapping, the lies, the unmitigated arrogance displayed towards other countries, I`ve felt I`ve been living in a semi- communist regime.......we are NOT the policeman of the world anymore kids....too many other countries have nukes, biolological agents, etc. ect........we better learn that, and fast

8 - I`m tired of dunking threads and being afraid to open some, because we can`t keep politics where politics belong......here in these threads.....so bask in the hatred and doubt......denigrate Obama and live in fear of something that hasn`t even occured and IMO won`t ever occur......spew the hatred and live as we have the last 8 years......with suspicion and doubt.......I will choose a different road.....this country has gone through enough.....it is time to pull together.....and I would be typing that even if McCain had won......this is where I see a big difference between factions here on the board......I pray I`m wrong.....I pray that this hatred doesn`t stem from what I think it does.....and I`m under no illusions this post will change anything.....just my way of saying so long to this part of my FAD experience......an experience that has left a sometimes bitter taste in my mouth