Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you famous/related/friends with a celebrity?

Quote Originally Posted by Noor 7ayaty View Post
    I'm famous in my business and in a couple of other circles. Radio, tv and i wrote for four of the top five music trade magazines. i have over 20 platinum record awards. But when I hint about these things, people here have posted rudely to me so i shut up about it. Dad was also an NBC anchor/affiliate ... very rich family history. I have no clue why people are rude to me about such things; obviously I don't post as if it's a big deal, but when I offered to help some members with something I got treated like a total piece of shit .. hence why i stopped posting regularly. And may stop altogether.

i replied to that and sent you a pm and you ain't responded/read it/cgas

2. 11-06-2007, 01:44 PM

Kersten Guest
    Uhh I shook Bill Clinton's hand in 1992... Here's a video: (If you skip to the end, you can see a dorky kid jumping up and down exclaiming "I shook his hand!" That's me. And yes, that is my brother in a dragon costume. Don't ask.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=NUd-fGGRukI
    Last edited by Kersten; 11-06-2007 at 03:19 PM.

beautygirlsmom Guest
    Hmmmm, I answered telephones on a nationally televised telethon :-) And my oldest daughter is first runner up to Miss Bellmawr - so if Miss Bellmawr should suffer a terrible accident or serious injury, I'll be famous because I'll be the mom to the girl who attacked Miss Bellmawr ;-)

seanikhy Guest
    scotts famous, he was on uk tv tonight .............. go scotty..........

KMKSouthie2001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Brina View Post
    forget regret
    or life is yours to miss
    No other road, no other way-- no day but today!

Ah. How I love RENT!

Uhm.. but back to subject... One of my friend's cousins is Tracy Thoms (played Joanne in the film version of RENT).

My great-uncle had a popular radio show back in the '40s.

Darrianne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kersten View Post
    That's me. And yes, that is my brother in a dragon costume. Don't ask.
    That was TOOO Cute! You and your brother are adorable. WHY was he in a dragon costume and a political thing? Sorry, I had to ask! LOL

Gary Guest
    One of my older brothers skipped school back in September 1963 when Pres. Kennedy was in town. I think my bro was in the 8th grade. He came home that afternoon all excited yelling "I shook Pres. Kennedy's hand! I shook Pres. Kennedy's hand!" My mom and dad were pretty thrilled about that then realized......HEY, you skipped school!? But it was okay because.......HE SHOOK PRES. KENNEDY'S HAND!

Bellfire Guest
    I could be famous, I've had a few things published and people know me. I run into people that know me even when I don't want them to know me. People try to take my picture with their cell phones, please stop it! I even signed an autograph. Does that count?

Kersten Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrianne View Post
    That was TOOO Cute! You and your brother are adorable. WHY was he in a dragon costume and a political thing? Sorry, I had to ask! LOL
    Oh, I'm sure he was on some dinosaur or dragon kick at the time, and my mom had no spine, so he got to wear it :P He's always been weird anyway. haha

GhostWorld Guest
    Uhh I shook Bill Clinton's hand in 1992... Here's a video: (If you skip to the end, you can see a dorky kid jumping up and down exclaiming "I shook his hand!" That's me. And yes, that is my brother in a dragon costume. Don't ask.
    Oh goodness how cute you are!

GhostWorld Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by W Axl Rose View Post
    i was a singer in a very famous band in the late 80's/early 90's.

i've got loads more material, some of which is already recorded but my head's so far up my arse i may or may not release it.

not an axl reference by the way. the username is merely a joke.
    Can I have a clue?

Is it bigger than a breadbox?

Mamma Guest
    That you? The red head? How cute is that! Kids are so awesome .

~Mamma

BeeCee Guest
    How cool - a little bit of history for you to pass along in your family. (I wish I'd been that young back in '92!)

kelbons Guest
    I spend too much time on this thing. I had a dream last night that John Travolta was a Death Hag on this forum!!!

LMAO

Casanndra Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeCee View Post
    [SIZE=3]I was an extra in the movie Hoosiers many long years ago. Dressed in 50's style preppy clothes, poney tail, saddle shoes and sat in the bleachers at Hinkle Field House, Bulter University in Indianapolis where the final big B'ball game was shot. All we had to do was stand and cheer (silently, since the real cheers were dubbed later). I got to see Gene Hackman - but only from across the gym. But, alas, there is no recognizable shot of me in the film...so I guess I must have hit the proverbial cutting room floor. Such was the beginning and end of my great career.[/SIZE]
    My brothers were extras in it too! They went to Western Boone at the time I guess they got a lot of students from there for crowd shots.

Noor 7ayaty Guest
    i replied to that and sent you a pm and you ain't responded/read it/cgas
    Hi I sent you a reply, thanks!

Cettie Guest
    My husband was in politics. It made national news when he left office.

kelbons Guest
    i was a singer in a very famous band in the late 80's/early 90's.

i've got loads more material, some of which is already recorded but my head's so far up my arse i may or may not release it.
    I'm dying to know...

Bigfoot Guest
    I'm famous in my own house! lol

PvN73 Guest

Red face

righty-OH Bellfire, W Axl Rose & Noor 7ayaty can you pllleeaaaase let us know who you are!! I am dying to know..... OMG OMG OMG please tell me... otherwise I will have to start stalking you all.

If you dont want to announce pls PM me!!!

qulevergrrl Guest
    My husband is a sports legend, but in a very specialized sport that most here would be unaware of. He has been in a lot of t.v. shows, magazines, etc.

We were also in a 90s band that was courted by No Doubt's manager, but we broke up the night before the supposed "contract" dinner. Fools.

Lastly, I'm the stepgrandaughter of an Academy Award winning composer who frequently worked with Jerry Goldsmith and John Williams and wrote a Carpenter's song. But he did something really bad and I'm writing a book about it. Hopefully you'll all buy it!!!!

GhostWorld Guest
    I'll buy it!

Well if you feel like saying what band just let me know. I'll be here. Right here.

24. 11-07-2007, 06:26 PM
    Reason
    more anonymity

SinKittyVixen Guest
    Im not, but Im sure my phone number is written on hundreds of bathroom walls.

Gary Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SinKittyVixen View Post
    Im not, but Im sure my phone number is written on hundreds of bathroom walls.
    OOH LA LA!

mr.wanttohaveitall Guest
    I'm famous in my business and in a couple of other circles. Radio, tv and i wrote for four of the top five music trade magazines. i have over 20 platinum record awards. But when I hint about these things, people here have posted rudely to me so i shut up about it. Dad was also an NBC anchor/affiliate ... very rich family history. I have no clue why people are rude to me about such things; obviously I don't post as if it's a big deal, but when I offered to help some members with something I got treated like a total piece of shit .. hence why i stopped posting regularly. And may stop altogether.

Don't worry, it's not you. Some people get very nasty on these boards if they feel you're being off topic. Whatever. More power to you!

susalu Guest
    oh my gosh, weren't you both just the cutest kids!!!! wish i had gotten to shake clinton's.... hand!!! lol! S

susalu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kelbons View Post
    I spend too much time on this thing. I had a dream last night that John Travolta was a Death Hag on this forum!!!

LMAO
    kelly, you need to post your dream on the thread i started called "dreaming about the message board"! i have dreamt about this board too!!! Sus

susalu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by beautygirlsmom View Post
    Hmmmm, I answered telephones on a nationally televised telethon :-) And my oldest daughter is first runner up to Miss Bellmawr - so if Miss Bellmawr should suffer a terrible accident or serious injury, I'll be famous because I'll be the mom to the girl who attacked Miss Bellmawr ;-)

oh lord!!! you crack me up!!! i loved that movie with holly hunter where she takes a contract out on the mom of the cheerleading rival of her daughter!!! you pageant moms are fierce!!

Cathy J. Guest
    The closest thing to a "celebrity" in my family was my late grandmother.

She and Patsy Cline used to work together at a chicken slaughter house way back in the 50s. They remained friends all the way up until Patsy's death.

I remember my grandmother telling me that Patsy and her sometimes did the honky tonks, drinking beer. I think she said Patsy's favorite brew was Falstaff. Do they still make that stuff?

firegilnotguns Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy J. View Post
    I remember my grandmother telling me that Patsy and her sometimes did the honky tonks, drinking beer. I think she said Patsy's favorite brew was Falstaff. Do they still make that stuff?

They made it up until 2 years ago, apparently!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falstaff_Beer

Morrissey Guest
    I'm the great, great, great niece of Enrico Caruso but I can't carry a tune in a suitcase!
    That's the coolest yet! He's my favourite tenor ever!

GhostWorld Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by qulevergrrl View Post
    Linda's Doll Hut...etc. All this was in the mid to late 90s.
    I'll def look you guys up! I wish I was a few years older, then I may have known exactly who you are - but I was born too late and didn't get into cool bands until the early 00s.

Have you been to Linda's in the past year? They now have a curb for a stage yaaaay!

Luffy66 Guest

Romper room

Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    omg, i LOVED this show, i watched it faithfully!!!~ i wish it was out on dvd~
    I have tried several times to get copies from the T.V. Station here that broadcast it here (I was on the one in Portland, Maine in the early 70's for a week)

They have responded back that the copies that were recorded, have long since been destroyed or taped over. And even if they could find some, the players they used are long gone as well.

Oh well, still holding out hope. I sometimes wonder if there is an old basement or closet somewhere that would have copies of my T.V. moment. lol

D3LIVIÃ?N Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie Prody View Post
    Whenever OJ gets into trouble, I make the news. Or when we break up and I need some quick cash I sell a story to the Enquirer.
    NO F7CKING WAY???

SinKittyVixen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy J. View Post
    The closest thing to a "celebrity" in my family was my late grandmother.

She and Patsy Cline used to work together at a chicken slaughter house way back in the 50s. They remained friends all the way up until Patsy's death.

That is soo awesome. I would 'die' to drink beer with Patsy.
    ~SinKitty

SquirrelNutZipper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cettie View Post
    My husband was in politics. It made national news when he left office.
    May we ask for hints or would you rather keep this private?

Morrissey Guest
    I'm famous in my city, because my grandfather was a very prominent sheriff/wrote a lot of law books/etc. and my father is the boss of a certain branch of government so he's always on television/in the newspaper/rubs elbows with a lot of other famous people in town.

I also have a very rare Lebanese surname, so basically, everyone knows us.

Jaxxx Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
    I'm famous in my city, because my grandfather was a very prominent sheriff/wrote a lot of law books/etc. and my father is the boss of a certain branch of government so he's always on television/in the newspaper/rubs elbows with a lot of other famous people in town.

I also have a very rare Lebanese surname, so basically, everyone knows us.
    rare Lebanese surname,,,hmmmmmmm Thomas?????????

lil_zino Guest
    I, for one, think that's very cool. My grandfather was a bit of a local celebrity in Texas. He was apparently a famous radio DJ there. I don't really know much more about him since he pretty much left my grandma when she was pregnant with my dad. Heck, I've never even met him.

My husband is one of the few music composition students at his school. While nothing he's composed has made it off campus yet, I'm sure it will after he's done getting his Ph. D.

I think the issue is that people have it in their heads sometimes that if you're involved in the entertainment industry that you're rich and you just got "lucky". People tend to be jealous sometimes.

Okay, my turn. Was a featured extra in "Baby's Day Out." If you've seen it, I'm the teacher in the Ape house that screams. Good time, good times.

My godfather is Don Ameche's son, Don Ameche Jr. (dad roomed with him at Notre Dame).

Johnny Galecki's (was on Roseanne, now on that stupid show) mom was my geometry tutor, and I used to have to babysit him. He was a brat back then, too!

My late grandmother was a show girl at a few of the bigger clubs in the city and met loads of cool people. Somewhere I have a signed photo of George Burns and Gracie Allen.

My mom is a published musician, but it's church music (!!!). That's about it!

erin Guest
    i'm not famous, nor are any of my living relatives, but i do come from some famous dead people. queen elizabeth 1 is a distant cousin on my dad's father's side, and john hancock is a great (not sure how many greats there are) uncle on my mom's side.

Danny62 Guest
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%22Wild_Bill%22_Hickman

I am related to this dude! My dads sister did some digging, living in Utah makes it easier I can't explain how i just know I am related!

janel Guest
    My third cousin is Kurt Neumann of the Bodeans. I haven't seen him since he was a baby. I also was a childhood friend of Willem Dafoe (sorry if his name is spelled wrong, we always called him Billy). He lived across the street from me and had the brattiest little sister named Sarah.

dailyvault Guest
    Well, I guess I'm famous in my own mind, but I founded a music review website that has outlasted some of the big boys on the World Wide Web. Take my user name and add a "dot-com" to the end of it, and you have a head start of even knowing my real name. I've been somehow involved in the music industry for over 20 years, and have interviewed and/or met artists from Christopher Cross to Blackie "W.A.S.P." Lawless.

Noor & W. Axl - without you identifying who you are or your bands, I'd be interested to know if we've ever reviewed any of your bands' material.

qulevergrrl Guest

Well, this is way way off topic. Not that anyone would know it from here because I'm constantly lazy about my grammar, syntax, and spelling, but I was/am a college instructor. I once offered to edit the second book from a guy who writes "Where are They Now" books on Manson family members. His books were horrible when it came to very simple grammar and style issues, and his editor had an Asia name. I mention this only because I wonder if she spoke English at all. When I offered my services for free with cover credit only he freaked! He called me a Manson lover and said that I was probably just trying to get involved to assert my influence as a family member. Puhhleeezzze. He was a paranoid freak. From then on I don't offer help. I will gladly give it to anyone who even makes the slightest gesture that they want or need it, but I don't put myself out there. You were being nice. Don't let them get to you.

Kathyf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chirock View Post
    Okay, my turn. Was a featured extra in "Baby's Day Out." If you've seen it, I'm the teacher in the Ape house that screams. Good time, good times.

My godfather is Don Ameche's son, Don Ameche Jr. (dad roomed with him at Notre Dame).

Johnny Galecki's (was on Roseanne, now on that stupid show) mom was my geometry tutor, and I used to have to babysit him. He was a brat back then, too!

My late grandmother was a show girl at a few of the bigger clubs in the city and met loads of cool people. Somewhere I have a signed photo of George Burns and Gracie Allen.

My mom is a published musician, but it's church music (!!!). That's about it!
    That is so cool!

stinkythejokedog Guest
    I'm Gene Rayburn and yes...I'm still dead

Andrea Guest
    No comment, but it has to do with Germany and Nuremberg. Another *shush* like the one posted on an earlier page.......

Kathyf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
    That's the coolest yet! He's my favourite tenor ever!
    So cool! Do you see hom often? What a great talent.

Bake Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Was that the one from Kitchener/Waterloo Ont. Canada ?
    I so used to watch that show.
    There was a "Bowling for Dollars" filmed in Allen Park Michigan at Thunderbowl Lanes too..