Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you famous/related/friends with a celebrity?

monhol Guest
    my mom grow up with harry ray from ray, goodman, and brown, who used to be the moments. she also went to school with melanie. she sang at woodstock. don't remember what song. my aunt was martin luther king's neighbor, they lived in the same building. she also lived close to the kennedy's. my husband just met amiri baraka. the former poet lauret and author. my daughter met bam bam bigelow. his wife taught at my daughters school and brought him to school so the kids could meet him. hell i saw him at a carnival that i took my kids to. he volunteered at one of the games. nice of him.

DannaMarie24 Guest
    I think I posted this in another section but.... Loretta Lynn is my cousin.

Gary Guest
    My dad's cousin is Del Casher. Del has played guitar on some tv themes (mostly 60s and 70s) and some movie themes. Check him out at www.delcasher.com
    Also, when they were younger, I had three cousins who were lookalikes to famous people. One looked like Carol Burnett, one looked like Elvis, and one looked like Joe Namath. As they grew older, they lost "the look".

Tugboat25 Guest
    My Mom's cousin's best friend was James MacArthur from Hawaii Five-O.
    My friend is good friends with Brian Setzer.

Quote Originally Posted by Homicide Cop View Post
    Was thinking recently that a few of my friends/relatives know celebrities and was wondering how common this might be.

My boss is the cousin of John and Joan Cusak.
    Friend is the cousin of one of the original Sha Na Na guys.
    Ex-father in law is the cousin of Richard Mulligan from Soap.
    My cousin was friends with Fred Gwynne and attended his summer party every year.
    Boss's winter home is 2 doors down from Harrison Ford's Florida home.

All of the above are Maryland residents which makes this even more unusual.

Let's here yours.
    Back in the early 80s my parents lived just outside of Baltimore. Most of the people they met were famous only in a local sense but some are known worldwide.

Orprah Winfrey at the time ( 1981 ) was just a local anchor/talk show host on WJZ channel 13. My parents met her when she was doing a story about Johns Hopkins Hosptial. They were saying that while nice, she dressed like a hooker and smelled like she splashed a ton a cheap perfume.
    She also tried to bum a cigarette from my mom but Oprah at the time smoked Newports, maybe KOOL. My mom never touched menthol cigarettes. So much for giving a cig to Oprah.

Stu Kerr from WMAR channel 2. Nice guy they said he was but despite his reputation of being kiddy host, they were saying that Stu just loved to tell dirty jokes.

Both really loved the late Jerry Turner from WJZ.

Back in the early 80s they both met Jim Palmer. This was around the time he was doing those Jockey underware ads. Both told me he was a nice guy but interesting very shy.

attackatdawn Guest
    I liked reading all of your posts very interesting! I hate to admit it but while doing geneology of my family it seems that (and it a far far far away relation thank goodness) I may be related to George Bush. I wonder if he could send me a million dollars or so just for being his long,long,long,long, & many more lost relative lol! And on my dads side (another far off relation) Daniel Boone

Anybody famous here

You don't have to give your name, just a slight nod.

Gary Guest
    nod..........well, I was in a movie! I also had my own public access tv show! I USED TO BE SOMEBODY!

ComputerGuy Guest
    I was in the Super Bowl Half Time Show in 1986?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    nod..........well, I was in a movie! I also had my own public access tv show! I USED TO BE SOMEBODY!

I think I recognize you. How about a little hint.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Only in my own mind.

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    I played guitar in a band named "Bring Back Joel" (I know, terrible!!!) and we had a song that was used on the MTV series "Road Rules"

We were far from famous tho!!!

Kathyf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerGuy View Post
    I was in the Super Bowl Half Time Show in 1986?
    Up with people?

Gary Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by eca1094 View Post
    I think I recognize you. How about a little hint.
    TELLY SAVALAS!..........ummm, YUL BRYNNER!
    No....ummmmm........okay. I was in a movie called FOOLIN' AROUND. Starred Gary Busey, Annette O'Toole, Tony Randall, Cloris Leachman, Eddie Albert, and John Calvin. Made in Minneapolis in 1979 but not released until 1981. I'm on about 15 min. in and seen off and on for the next 3 to 5 minutes. The scene is at the old Met Stadium at a Vikings/Rams football game. Busey looks into the crowd thru binoculars and smack in the middle of the screen is yours truly. Wearing a Dodgers baseball cap and a winter parka. Busey runs into the stands (he's looking for Annette O'Toole) and sits by her. I'm two rows in back of them and can be seen for the next couple of minutes. We were told to not make a sound during the shooting (this scene took ALL DAY) but were told to make it look like we're conversing with each other and watching the game, so when you see me talking, I'm mouthing the alphabet. TRUE ACTING!
    I'll sign autographs later, thank you.

Ok than I must me famous I was on the Los Angelas show called "Wonderama"

TELLY SAVALAS!..........ummm, YUL BRYNNER!
    No....ummmmm........okay. I was in a movie called FOOLIN' AROUND. Starred Gary Busey, Annette O'Toole, Tony Randall, Cloris Leachman, Eddie Albert, and John Calvin. Made in Minneapolis in 1979 but not released until 1981. I'm on about 15 min. in and seen off and on for the next 3 to 5 minutes. The scene is at the old Met Stadium at a Vikings/Rams football game. Busey looks into the crowd thru binoculars and smack in the middle of the screen is yours truly. Wearing a Dodgers baseball cap and a winter parka. Busey runs into the stands (he's looking for Annette O'Toole) and sits by her. I'm two rows in back of them and can be seen for the next couple of minutes. We were told to not make a sound during the shooting (this scene took ALL DAY) but were told to make it look like we're conversing with each other and watching the game, so when you see me talking, I'm mouthing the alphabet. TRUE ACTING!
    I'll sign autographs later, thank you.

Wow a real celibrity (my spelling sucks) I think I seen you on VHS how cool.

Gary Guest
    Yeah, it was pretty neat to see them put this 5 minute scene together, even though it really took all day. Shot at different angles, different people in the background.....they fed us lunch and had drawings for prizes all day. They gave away TVs, 10 speed bikes, gift certificates.........and I won a FOOLIN AROUND T-Shirt. Wish I still had it! I had no idea what "video" was back then, so I brought along my super 8 movie camera and they let me shoot between takes. This was the first movie Busey did after BUDDY HOLLY STORY so people kept yelling to Gary to "sing some Buddy Holly!", but he just laughed it off. The best part was when the director (who looked like Bob Hope) used the clapboard when I was shooting between their takes! Oh yeah, Gary's "little boy" (Jake) was there, too. He must have been all of about 7 or 8 then.

Jaxxx Guest
    I'm not, but a relative is , and not telling who

kdeazell Guest
    Gary you still ARE somebody.....

Kathyf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kdeazell View Post
    I agree you seem to be a great guy!

Cathy J. Guest
    I did talk radio from a brief time. 1990-1992

Big city? NOT !!

Staunton, Virginia

deathybrad Guest
    My name is Brad Johnson so everyone loves to ask if I'm a quarterback. So I just say, "yes".

However, my cousin Roger was Limpbizkit's first choice for lead guitar.

I'm a published author - of lesbian erotica...

JeffD Guest
    I have a famous cousin, and about 100 not-famous ones.

the late Dennis Weaver
    Last edited by JeffD; 11-03-2007 at 07:20 AM.

I appeared on "Bowling For Dollars" with my grandmother, circa 1978.

Sure, I'll sign autographs, but it'll cost ya. In fact, if you've read this post, you owe me $35.

Layla331 Guest
    In the new nickelback video rockstar...at the very very end..where they show the band and their playing a concert..they cut to the big crowd...i'm in that crowd yayyyyy...ill be signing autographed pictures outside the door for those that want them hahahahaha

I was in Blood Masacre and Alien Factor. Two of many films written and directed by the late Don Dohler. He filmed local B movies in the Baltimore area which were not too bad and can still be seen.

Gary Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kdeazell View Post
    THANKIE!!

Gary Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathyf View Post
    I agree you seem to be a great guy!
    "Thankie" to you, too, Kathy!

GODDESS6 Guest
    i'm not famous, but i have 2 famous cousins, bruce jenner & robert duvall, tho i have never personally met either~

Tugboat25 Guest
    My cousin is the guitarist for Vertical Horizon.(I must admit I know nothing about that band).
    My great grandfather invented the seamless can.
    My great-great grandfather ordered the first infantry shot at the Battle Of Gettysburg.

Me....I got nothing going on!

In my dreams LOL

TNpuck Guest
    My cousin once had dinner with Mats Sundin of the Maple Leafs. I was on the Bozo show as a child.

That's about it...

Was a contestant on the original prime time Who Wants to be a Millionaire...did OK...won 64k...it is still on Game Show Network from time to time...I suppose it was my 15 minutes...

My father invented or helped invent a number of things...including air hockey.

Gary Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jimpuck19 View Post
    Was a contestant on the original prime time Who Wants to be a Millionaire...did OK...won 64k...it is still on Game Show Network from time to time...I suppose it was my 15 minutes...

My father invented or helped invent a number of things...including air hockey.
    WOW......64K is nothing to sneeze at! What question did you in?
    Air hockey, too?? I LOVE air hockey! I really get into it and almost busted my finger once. Man, was it bloody!!
    Without saying what it is, I came up with an invention, but don't have the funds to get it off the ground......
    I went as far as seeing patent people and other invention submission companies but just don't have the money to further the dang thing.
    I need to win the lottery to go on with it.
    ONE OF THESE DAYS!!!!

My husband's daughter's leg was in that Bruce Willis movie "In Country".

Gary Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lulubaines View Post
    My husband's daughter's leg was in that Bruce Willis movie "In Country".
    That was HER leg?? COOOOOOL!!!!!

BeeCee Guest
    [SIZE=3]I was an extra in the movie Hoosiers many long years ago. Dressed in 50's style preppy clothes, poney tail, saddle shoes and sat in the bleachers at Hinkle Field House, Bulter University in Indianapolis where the final big B'ball game was shot. All we had to do was stand and cheer (silently, since the real cheers were dubbed later). I got to see Gene Hackman - but only from across the gym. But, alas, there is no recognizable shot of me in the film...so I guess I must have hit the proverbial cutting room floor. Such was the beginning and end of my great career.[/SIZE]

I can get her autograph, Gary, if you want it.

Gary Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lulubaines View Post
    I can get her autograph, Gary, if you want it.
    I'd rather have her sign MY leg.

Quote Originally Posted by TNpuck View Post
    My cousin once had dinner with Mats Sundin of the Maple Leafs. I was on the Bozo show as a child.

That's about it...

Oh great... and people give me shit about MY creepy clown.

No one famous, but I volunteer to be Gary's stalker.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

ComputerGuy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post
    Oh great... and people give me shit about MY creepy clown.

No one famous, but I volunteer to be Gary's stalker.

Your clown ain't creepy dude. Nothing creepy about a clown having an
    Epileptic seizure!!

Quote Originally Posted by herekittykitty View Post
    I appeared on "Bowling For Dollars" with my grandmother, circa 1978.

Sure, I'll sign autographs, but it'll cost ya. In fact, if you've read this post, you owe me $35.
    Was that the one from Kitchener/Waterloo Ont. Canada ?
    I so used to watch that show.

Guest Guest
    I was an extra in this movie with Nick Nolte and Martin Short called "3 fugitives" the scene where cops James Earl Jones and Alan Ruck meet Nick Nolte at the dock after he is released from prison I am an extreme blur in the background wearing a black and white striped sweater pushing a baby stroller...paypal $10 to me and I'll sign you an autograph!

Elvis Aron Presley's mother Gladys was my grandpa's first cousin

I am also a direct descendant of Mary Queen of Scots...I WANT MY TITLE DAMMIT!!!!

StoneWall Jackson is a cousin as well as Admiral Bird...Honest Abe...and Thomas Jefferson (the african american side of my family)

other than that..I'm not sure since I never got into my late sister geneology projects...but I know there are a few more famous connections...unless any of them are going to pay my bills or set me for life I'm not that impressed.

TNpuck Guest
    If you're religious, I'm a direct descendant of Adam and Eve. If you're not, I'm a direct descendant of Abby the Ape.

kelbons Guest
    Ok than I must me famous I was on the Los Angelas show called "Wonderama."
    Was that the show where the guy sang, "Kids are people, too. Wack-a-doo, wack-a-do!"??

Or have I lost it???

My 2nd cousin was the football player Dwight Clark. And my mom once went on a date with 49'er Jim LaChey.

stacebabe Guest
    I was in Bowling for Dollars when I was 5! Does that count???

You don't have to give your name, just a slight nod.

Katie Guest
    Okay I have one. Guys this might be better for you to understand. On the Chicago Bears there is a player called Charles Tillman. He was one of my students. His nick name is Peanut.

His dad also works with me.

More Cheese Please Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TNpuck View Post
    If you're religious, I'm a direct descendant of Adam and Eve. If you're not, I'm a direct descendant of Abby the Ape.
    ME TOOO!!!!