Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: President Joe Biden

There are other woman out there besides Hillary. Mary Landrieu, Senator from Lousiana might be a decent pick. She has that whole Katrina thing going for her. I really don't think Biden has anything going for him. Are we really worried about the few electoral votes from Delaware. In order to make people vote for Obama again people would want to believe that it will be different the next time around.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Biden Entourage Racks Up $585,000 Hotel Bill in One Night

$585,000 in one night? I know it's Paris but come on! At this rate if he cuts his visit short by one day we could allow those kids to tour the WH for a month at least.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-585-000.html

(CNN)
    -- Vice President Joe Biden said on Wednesday his use of the term "shylock," which some consider anti-Semitic, was "a poor choice of words."

His statement came a day after the national director of the Anti-Defamation League issued a mild rebuke of the vice president's use of the word, saying Biden "should have been more careful."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/17/politi...n-jewish-term/

Just a "gaffe" I'm sure. God I hate this shit. Both sides do this shit! CONSTANTLY!

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post

(CNN)
    -- Vice President Joe Biden said on Wednesday his use of the term "shylock," which some consider anti-Semitic, was "a poor choice of words."

His statement came a day after the national director of the Anti-Defamation League issued a mild rebuke of the vice president's use of the word, saying Biden "should have been more careful."

Just a "gaffe" I'm sure. God I hate this shit. Both sides do this shit! CONSTANTLY!
    And you're comparing that with not knowing any other supreme court case other than Roe V Wade? You're comparing this with not being able to name a newspaper? You're comparing this to literally thinking the world is 6000 years old? You're comparing this to wanting to replace evolution with creationism?

How did I compare him to Sarah Palin?? I said nothing about her. I don't give a shit about her and never have. The woman hasn't been relevant in years now. My only point is, that it happens on both sides. The only thing you have to say about Biden saying Shylock is to bring it back to Palin?!? It just seems to me that when it happens on the side you are on, excuse after excuse. How the hell did I imply anything that you said I am? The hypocrisy is just getting really damn old and it's really turning me against the people whose side I am supposed to be on. It's bullshit. Both sides need to step back and take a good look at what is really going on because what is happening is fucking us. Can't we just look past the lines that have been drawn and look at what is really going on?? I know, won't happen.. It just sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    And you're comparing that with not knowing any other supreme court case other than Roe V Wade?

She wasn't asked about whether she knew of any other SC cases, she was asked about any she disagreed with. I honestly can't think of any I disagree with and I know I'm smart.

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    She wasn't asked about whether she knew of any other SC cases, she was asked about any she disagreed with. I honestly can't think of any I disagree with and I know I'm smart.
    You also aren't asking to be a heartbeat away from being the leader of the free world, but let's not derail this topic. It's about Biden and he's a gaffing dreamboat.

Bidmor Guest
    Oh for another Harry Truman.

Zilla Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post

(CNN)

DES MOINES, Iowa – Vice President Joe Biden described Asia as “the Orient’ in a speech here today, hours after he apologized for using a word that could be perceived as anti-Semitic.
    “You know, on the way back from Mumbai to go meet with President Xi in China, I stopped in Singapore to meet with a guy named Lee Kuan Yew, who most foreign policy experts around the world say is the wisest man in the Orient,” Biden said at the kickoff for the “Nuns on the Bus” tour today.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...as-the-orient/

I take it Joe's running mate in '16 will be Donald Sterling.

He can add these two items to his long list of "accidentally racist gaffes".

Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    DES MOINES, Iowa – Vice President Joe Biden described Asia as “the Orient’ in a speech here today, hours after he apologized for using a word that could be perceived as anti-Semitic.
    “You know, on the way back from Mumbai to go meet with President Xi in China, I stopped in Singapore to meet with a guy named Lee Kuan Yew, who most foreign policy experts around the world say is the wisest man in the Orient,” Biden said at the kickoff for the “Nuns on the Bus” tour today.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...as-the-orient/

I take it Joe's running mate in '16 will be Donald Sterling.

He can add these two items to his long list of "accidentally racist gaffes".
    Im sure it was just an occidental slip of the tongue.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Youngest son kicked out of the Navy Reserves for blow: http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/16/politi...html?hpt=hp_t2

There are other woman out there besides Hillary.
    Yes, there are other women besides Hillary: Kamala.

Yay!
    Last edited by SomeChick; 11-07-2020 at 05:50 PM.

YaY!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I literally feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders and I can be confident that Joe Biden WILL do the best job he can to right every single wrong that Donald J. Trump did during his time in the White House!

Ding, Dong! The Donald is GONE!
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    I literally feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders and I can be confident that Joe Biden WILL do the best job he can to right every single wrong that Donald J. Trump did during his time in the White House!

Ding, Dong! The Donald is GONE!
    Thank You, I so agree.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

What I don't like is the head of the DCCC not seeking re-election as the head of that organization due to threats against her and constantly having to deal with angry extremists on all sides. She'll still be a part of our government, but I was hoping she'd stick it out to see if Joe and Kamala taking office would calm that nastiness down.

Joe thinks he'll be able to prolong this masking indefinately by declaring martial law, but I haven't worn one at all for 3 months and only under sporadic objection prior, so if he trys that I'm willing to be arrested. Damned if I'll sheepishly allow that opportunistic shambling case of dementia attempt to impress his Bolshevik keepers by giving the death-blow to our economy. I take a knee for no one but dead relatives at funerals, the last of which was last Monday where 4 out of 5 were mask free, shaking hands, sitting side by side, myself included.
    Last edited by MurkyWaters; 11-09-2020 at 07:23 PM.

I know of about three people who felt the way you do and they came down with the virus. And there's no telling how many people they infected.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I know of about three people who felt the way you do and they came down with the virus. And there's no telling how many people they infected.
    That is usually the case.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    That is usually the case.
    It is.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

The virus is no joke man, I lost two friends due to it, I was sick with it, my nephew got it, an online friend of mine just died from it have known her for ten years, I hope he enforces the mask rule then maybe people will stop being selfish and think of others instead of themselves and stop crying that their rights have been violated, no one freaking throws a hissy when they have to wear a helmet when riding a motorcycle and it's the law so why do it now with masks, and I am glad Biden won and there has been no proof he has dementia, my mom has it and it's not a joke and not funny.

Here in my state, the virus was spreading like wildfire.
    The Gov first issued mask mandates in certain counties that were harder hit, then later statewide.
    Transmission slowed considerably according to reports.
    Over the last month, and with mask mandates still in force; the virus has been spreading faster and wider than before.
    That suggests to me that masks are not the limiting factor they are touted to be.
    I'm sure they help contain some droplets of virus-laden moisture that are larger than the pores of the mask - which must be meaningful - but that's the only benefit I suspect they carry.
    I still say if putting a piece of paper or cloth over your face would severely impact the spread; it never would have gotten much past China.
    I don't know what Joe can try to require that we're not already doing here, I doubt he'll get much more cooperation in this state.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Here in my state, the virus was spreading like wildfire.
    The Gov first issued mask mandates in certain counties that were harder hit, then later statewide.
    Transmission slowed considerably according to reports.
    Over the last month, and with mask mandates still in force; the virus has been spreading faster and wider than before.
    That suggests to me that masks are not the limiting factor they are touted to be.
    I'm sure they help contain some droplets of virus-laden moisture that are larger than the pores of the mask - which must be meaningful - but that's the only benefit I suspect they carry.
    I still say if putting a piece of paper or cloth over your face would severely impact the spread; it never would have gotten much past China.
    I don't know what Joe can try to require that we're not already doing here, I doubt he'll get much more cooperation in this state.
    The thing is, with this "I won't be a sheep" stance, people aren't actually wearing a mask in some cases. I've seen rallies where there wasn't a mask to be seen, not even on children.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    The thing is, with this "I won't be a sheep" stance, people aren't actually wearing a mask in some cases. I've seen rallies where there wasn't a mask to be seen, not even on children.
    Granted I don't get out too much these days aside from things like going to Kroger or Lowes or something; but almost everyone I see in public here is wearing a mask.
    Oddly, we can't have a traditional wedding or funeral ceremony, but we can put 30 kids on a school bus and 30 kids in a classroom, and college football is OK too.
    When the mask rule was first implemented the new infections dropped and all the mask proponents were going on about that proves how effective it is. Now the numbers are through the roof but nobody is trying to figure out what the difference is or saying that maybe the masks aren't that helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    The virus is no joke man, I lost two friends due to it, I was sick with it, my nephew got it, an online friend of mine just died from it have known her for ten years, I hope he enforces the mask rule then maybe people will stop being selfish and think of others instead of themselves and stop crying that their rights have been violated, no one freaking throws a hissy when they have to wear a helmet when riding a motorcycle and it's the law so why do it now with masks, and I am glad Biden won and there has been no proof he has dementia, my mom has it and it's not a joke and not funny.
    This'll sound made up, but the funeral I went to was my cousin's wife's, dead of dementia at age 61, which his mom also died of, but they never ran for office, so Joe's early onset dementia is relevant. "Just sign here, Joe, the details are not important."

We are living in the strangest of days, but I will continue to mask up in order to protect myself and others. Anyone heard anything about this ! https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/pompeo...tion-1.5796934
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I, too will continue to wear a mask until this is over. I don't care if people call me a sheep or laugh at me, I would rather be laughed at and a sheep then dead or standing at a loved ones funeral because they got covid from me or myself died of for not wearing a mask and maintaing the safety precautions and old Trump isn't going to go peacefully.

I, too will continue to wear a mask until this is over. I don't care if people call me a sheep or laugh at me, I would rather be laughed at and a sheep then dead or standing at a loved ones funeral because they got covid from me or myself died of for not wearing a mask and maintaing the safety precautions and old Trump isn't going to go peacefully.
    The same goes for me. As for Trump, WTF is the matter with him ! Lol.

In the Dem tradition of no Christian references promoted (Santa Claus = St Nicholas), they deemed this carol more gratifying to the proletariat. Feel free to join in, comrades:

You'd better hide out,
    You'd better stand by,
    You'd better not doubt
    Joe's leaving you dry:
    A.O.C. will see that you're sacked.

She made a blacklist
    Of MAGAs on comp,
    She's gonna root out who voted for Trump:
    A.O.C. will see that you're sacked.

She knows where you're safekeeping,
    And how to make you quake.
    She knows if you've been trad or woke,
    So get woke or take the stake.
    Last edited by MurkyWaters; 11-10-2020 at 07:59 PM.

I cannot wait until Biden takes office, funny that Trump supporters are now becoming the sore losers and snowflakes, as they once called the Dems.

I cannot wait until Biden takes office, funny that Trump supporters are now becoming the sore losers and snowflakes, as they once called the Dems.
    Thank You for saying this. The world knows the truth.

It's equally funny that the Dems and libs are suddenly interested in "healing" and "unity" after four years of advocating anything but.
    I'm also curious to see if they want to continue to throttle the cops and create a safe, nurturing environment for rioters and looters and protesters of all sorts should those types types take to the streets, this time without the blessings of the libs.

I don't anticipate much healing or unity in the near future.

Granted I don't get out too much these days aside from things like going to Kroger or Lowes or something; but almost everyone I see in public here is wearing a mask.
    Oddly, we can't have a traditional wedding or funeral ceremony, but we can put 30 kids on a school bus and 30 kids in a classroom, and college football is OK too.
    When the mask rule was first implemented the new infections dropped and all the mask proponents were going on about that proves how effective it is. Now the numbers are through the roof but nobody is trying to figure out what the difference is or saying that maybe the masks aren't that helpful.
    When I went to Wal Mart yesterday I also saw probably 90% wearing masks. The issue with further lock downs will be over the uneven rules. Keep kids home from school but they end up in day care somewhere. That makes no sense to me.

I say this as not anti-mask. I say it as not anti-action. I don't know what the answer is but the way I see it, neither do the "experts". I wonder whether in a regular flu year that if millions got tested would a large number test positive? You don't get tested unless you are showing heavy signs of the flu normally.

I understand that while the flu does kill people, for many Covid does seem to be more deadly so I understand taking actions. It just seems to me we are largely swinging wildly.

BTW I was one of the 90% wearing.

Like elsewhere, the daily number of new cases here is probably higher than at the beginning of this thing.

I go to the gym every day.
    Masks are a pretty rare sight within the gym.
    People aren't packed together, but you do see groups of friends working out together.

So far anyway, there has been no wave of illness sweeping through the gym.
    In my uneducated opinion, frequent hand washing, using sanitizers and not touching your eyes, nose or face without washing your hands first is probably the more effective way to limit the spread.

Again, everybody was touting the effectiveness of masks when the numbers were in decline, now that the virus is spreading almost unchecked with masks in place, those people are reduced to talking about how bad it really would be - if not for the masks.

I don't have a problem wearing one where required or even just requested, but I don't feel like I'm truly protecting myself or anyone else by doing so.

The experts don't know so they choose to follow a path that does no harm even if it does no good.
    I think for a lot of people, the randomness of who gets it and who gets really sick or even dies, is the most unsettling thing. Experts saying that masks help allows them to feel like they have some measure of control - that there is something they can do to affect the risk, sort of like putting on a condom, but without the actual effectiveness.

Now that - wearing big condoms over our heads - likely really would have a significant impact on the spread.

Joe - and all of us - should be happy that a vaccine appears to be on the near horizon.
    He is about to gain ownership of one of the things he has criticized most loudly about Trump, and like anyone else; I don't think he has any better or more workable answers.

Jim, if you sneeze or cough idroplets get carried if you aren't wearing a mask you can inhale those droplets, the reason the numbers are going up is because we still have people not wearing a mask, I have a friend that works in a morgue, she said I would love to be able to bring down people who think this is no big deal, who don't wear a mask or think it's a joke and see how many bodies I have to process, write death certs for, she told me in one day working almost 24 hours they process ten to fifteen bodies a day, yes they do examine the bodies, to see what other issues may happen with COVID, they have to make sure it's COVID and not something else, the body storage area is so full they can't hardly get any more in there, and may have to find a make shift storage.

Donald Trump is trying to make it a worst case scenario with
    covid 19 case things when President elect Joe Biden takes over.

Jim, if you sneeze or cough idroplets get carried if you aren't wearing a mask you can inhale those droplets, the reason the numbers are going up is because we still have people not wearing a mask, I have a friend that works in a morgue, she said I would love to be able to bring down people who think this is no big deal, who don't wear a mask or think it's a joke and see how many bodies I have to process, write death certs for, she told me in one day working almost 24 hours they process ten to fifteen bodies a day, yes they do examine the bodies, to see what other issues may happen with COVID, they have to make sure it's COVID and not something else, the body storage area is so full they can't hardly get any more in there, and may have to find a make shift storage.
    The mask will impede the expelled droplets/moisture/germs that are larger than the pores of the mask, but not those that are smaller.
    Being a 6 or 8 feet away from someone who sneezes without a mask on is probably better than being 4 or 5 feet away from someone sneezing who is wearing a mask.

I'm not claiming that they don't help some, I just don't think it's significant.
    I can't say it with certainty or state numbers, but I'm very confident that more people are wearing them around here now than when it wasn't spreading as quickly.

But according to a news item I saw a few minutes ago, it's as good as over.
    Dr. Ben Carson was diagnosed, but he took an herbal remedy suggested by the well-known medical authority, the My Pillow guy; and says that his symptoms completely disappeared within a few hours.
    And he got a really great night's sleep too.

If it was a good as over then why are hospitals filling up again with COVID cases and my friend having many COVID dead coming in each day?

It is the same here.Over 1,000 cases each and every day.Toronto may be going into another lock down with the number of people who still refuse to take it seriously and blatantly dismiss it.

If it was a good as over then why are hospitals filling up again with COVID cases and my friend having many COVID dead coming in each day?
    It is the same here.Over 1,000 cases each and every day.Toronto may be going into another lock down with the number of people who still refuse to take it seriously and blatantly dismiss it.
    It's the same here in the UK. In England, the cases are back to 2,000+ a day and the deaths are unfortunately pilling up as well. We of course have the 'It's just the flu' and 'FU to masks' crowd but the bigger problem is we had several MPs caught travelling during the first lockdown so people are saying if they aren't playing by the rules then why should we. Add to that we have an idiot in charge who rather than listen to the doctors & scientists when it first happened, instead took the advise of idiots who suggested trying herd immunity and only realising it was a mistake when thousands had already died and it was clear it wasn't working.

Herd immunity - through exposure or through vaccination - probably is the only thing that will stop it.
    Slowing it down through masks, social distancing, etc. will not make it go away.
    As soon as those measures are relaxed the spread will resume; as we seem to be seeing.

I suspect that resumption is due less to wearing masks than to relaxing the shutdown.
    Putting people into close proximity to others will reignite the spread whether they wear masks or not.
    OK; masks may help to slow that somewhat; but it doesn't stop it or push the virus toward extinction.
    We can't slow the spread and watch it go away because we managed to slow it down, virus extinction will only occur through wide scale immunity.

And since this thread is really about the incoming President; I've just seen a report that Biden says that under no circumstances will there be a national shutdown:

https://www.businessinsider.com/bide...t-down-2020-11

If masks are truly effective; maybe we should all be wearing two masks.
    There needs to be a study to see if two are better than one, and if one color mask is more effective than another.
    Last edited by JimC; 11-20-2020 at 03:33 AM. Reason: added Biden story link

Here we go again. Toronto going into lock down starting Monday. Let's see if our elected officials follow the same guidelines they are imposing on us once again. A few did not last time. Further posts will be in the COVID thread. Sorry Joe ! Lol https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...peel-1.5809575

Joe actually says that he's not going to shut down the economy - he's going to shut down the virus.

Now that alone is why Joe deserves to be President.
    All these months, all the toll and turmoil, and nobody - not the brightest scientists, not our medical experts; not even the My Pillow Guy, ever came up with the brilliantly simple idea of simply shutting down the virus.

Joe, you're a bloody genius.
    Good job, Joe.
    Do it - we're behind you 110%.

Here we go again. Toronto going into lock down starting Monday. Let's see if our elected officials follow the same guidelines they are imposing on us once again. A few did not last time. Further posts will be in the COVID thread. Sorry Joe ! Lol https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...peel-1.5809575
    From, London Ont. we feel the pain.

All posts purely about Covid should go in the Covid thread from now on.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Joe actually says that he's not going to shut down the economy - he's going to shut down the virus.

Now that alone is why Joe deserves to be President.
    All these months, all the toll and turmoil, and nobody - not the brightest scientists, not our medical experts; not even the My Pillow Guy, ever came up with the brilliantly simple idea of simply shutting down the virus.

Joe, you're a bloody genius.
    Good job, Joe.
    Do it - we're behind you 110%.
    That's because Dippy Jam McFartStick the Yodeling Weasel Weenie ignored it, and ignored professionals telling him what he needed to do. Instead he fired them.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    That's because Dippy Jam McFartStick the Yodeling Weasel Weenie ignored it, and ignored professionals telling him what he needed to do. Instead he fired them.
    Ironically, "shut down the virus" is pretty much the kind of flippant, off the cuff, "how-you-gonna-do-that" remark I would have expected from Darth Donnie.
    Now that the transition seems to be officially beginning, we should soon get some specifics on the direction Joe & Co want to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    Oh for another Harry Truman.
    So true, the buck stops here.

I also agree.

So glad he is the President