Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Serial Killers

Vamp Guest
    Jeffery Dahmer's father seemed rather normal in interviews. Of course, I don't know if he actually raised Jeffery. I would have loved to meet Ted Bundy's parents.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Vamp Guest
    Ich, you trying to say maybe Dahmer's father was a sociopath?

Ted Bundy was the textbook epitome of a sociopath.

I'm not always charming so obviously I am not a sociopath.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    Jeffery Dahmer's father seemed rather normal in interviews. Of course, I don't know if he actually raised Jeffery. I would have loved to meet Ted Bundy's parents.
    Thought it was just the mother and grandfather, might be wrong.

Seagorath Guest
    Jeffery Dahmer's father wrote a rather intriguing novel about his twisted & unique "son"...

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...24/ai_15409039

From Wiki...

Lionel Dahmer published a book in 1994, A Father's Story, and donated a portion of the proceeds from his book to the victims and their families. Most of the families showed support for Lionel Dahmer and his wife, Shari. He has retired and resides with his wife in Medina County, Ohio. He consults on the evolution versus creationism topic occasionally, and his wife was a member of the board of the Medina County Ohio Horseman's Council.[7] Both continue to carry the name Dahmer and say they love Jeffrey despite his crimes. Lionel Dahmer's first wife, Joyce (Flint), died of cancer in 2000 at the age of 64. She was later buried in Atlanta, Georgia. Dahmer's younger brother David changed his last name and lives in anonymity.

Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post

endsleigh03 Guest
    I think the brain goes haywire somewhere along the line, not really the parents.

Seagorath Guest
    Except for the "Bloody Benders"...

STRAIGHT Guest
    I think that some are born that way and I also think that some are made into one by their enviroment and upbringing.

Forever-27 Guest
    I dont think its how the media portrays the killers at all. Its how they do their killings or maybe how baffling it is to cops. Some washed up cleb once said somewhere that its ok if they talk bad about me, as long as they talk about me at all. Manson likes to showboat, so every chance he gets he rants with the intention.

ramerez just wanted headlines I think. He got off seeing his crimes in the news every day.

But take Ted Kyznski ... The Unibomber

He was alone in a homemade cabin in nowhereville Montana. Stayed away from people. He hated technology. Hed spend his days hunting for food, and building homemade bombs then sending them in the US MAIL to people he thought were contributing to what he saw was over dependence on technology. I wonder why none of these threads mentions him.

Waltham Abbey in Essex & Filey In Yorkshire UK
    Let us look at what makes a good Serial Killer from a Death Hag's Point of view

I'll start
    1. Number of Victime before caputre
    2. Goriness of Kills
    3. Varied Method of Murder
    4. fame & Beauty of victims
    5. audacity of body drop sites

Your turn!

BooMom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    I think race plays a factor only in the killers themselves. I don't know of many or really any black/aisan/hispanic serial killers - famous or not.

Wayne Williams
    Charles Ng

Missouri's Senior Citizen Serial Killers

By all outward appearances, Faye and Ray Copeland were a typical, hardworking farrn couple in the small community of Mooresville, MO; caring grandparents who, by the 1980s, were gettting ready for retirement. In fact, they were getting ready to launch a new career - as serial killers.
    Their undoing began in 1989, when a drifter contacted police to say that, while working as a farmhand for Ray, he come upon several bones and skulls on the farm. He also told police of a scheme Ray used to bilk legitmate farmers of cattle, and his farmhands of money. Ray would go to auctions and buy cattle with a cheque written by a farmhand. The cheques would bounce, and Ray would sell the cattle for a profit.
    Police eventually discovered there was more than fraud going on at the Copeland farm. After these illegal transactions, Ray would apparently take the farmhand into the barn, on the excuse that he needed help finding a racoon or other pest. When the employee turned to look, Ray would shoot him in the back of the head with his .22 cal. Marlin rifle.
    Investigators unearthed three bodies that had been buried inside a barn, one in a well and the fifth buried elsewhere on the land. Inside the farmhouse, police dicovered more about Faye's involvement: She kept a list of the farmhands who'd come and gone. Five of those names had a black X drawn through them. Seven others were never traced, and are considered possible victims.
    Even more macabre, Faye had cut up the victims' clothing and stitched it together to make a quilt.
    In 1990 and '91 the couple went on trial, were found guilty and sentenced to death by lethal injection.
    Ray died on Death Row in 1993 at the age of 78. In 2002, Faye was paroled to a nursing home, where she suffered a stroke and died two years later. She was 82.
    Their story has been fictionalized in a comic book, Family Bones, written by Faye Copeland's nephew, Shawn Granger.
    This is picture of the happy couple a few years before the killings:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by duster; 09-25-2008 at 07:11 AM.

Guest Guest
    Ewww they look sinister! I wouldn't have taken a job on their farm.

Armcast Guest
    ...and on his farm he hid some bodies...e-i-e-i-o

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Armcast View Post
    hehe!

sunshine74137 Guest
    Old folks gotta have a hobby otherwise the brain goes soft

Armcast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladpyre View Post
    hehe!

I'm here 'til Thursday, try the veal.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine74137 View Post
    Old folks gotta have a hobby otherwise the brain goes soft
    True! Gotta love old folks - bingo...bowling...napping...chopping people up and making blankets from their clothing! Ahh bless 'em!

Very American gothic. Ew.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

I♥TinyTim Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Armcast View Post
    LMAO!!!

They need a pitchfork in that picture.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Armcast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    They need a pitchfork in that picture.
    make that a sewing kit...

sunshine74137 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladpyre View Post
    True! Gotta love old folks - bingo...bowling...napping...chopping people up and making blankets from their clothing! Ahh bless 'em!
    Old folks are careful not to be wasteful, what a pretty quilt, you need to show that to Joe he has a shirt in that same print, speaking of Joe, I havent seen him around in a while

Seagorath Guest
    Similar to the Bloody Benders.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine74137 View Post
    Old folks are careful not to be wasteful, what a pretty quilt, you need to show that to Joe he has a shirt in that same print, speaking of Joe, I havent seen him around in a while
    Their hearts are in the right place (inside their bodies) but their minds are elsewhere! ( the planew Zongo!)

These guys were transients - I can't imagine what that quilt would've looked like. A rag made of rags maybe?

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    Very American gothic. Ew.
    I had the very same thought !!!!

sunshine74137 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    These guys were transients - I can't imagine what that quilt would've looked like. A rag made of rags maybe?
    A crazy quilt

Obscure Serial Killers

Everyone has heard of "The BTK KIller", Ted Bundy, Albert Fish and so forth. But there are some serial killers who's crimes were just as henious or more so then some of the above. So who knows of a serial killer that never got their so called "claim to fame". I will start off with this one I never would have heard of him if it wasn't for the movie "The Changeling".

Can any of you think of any.

Gordon Stewart Northcott

When a convicted rapist was recently charged with murdering 10 L.A. women, some longtime residents were reminded of a grisly case from the 1920s.
    On Feb. 2, 1928, Los Angeles County sheriffâ??s deputies found a burlap bag containing a headless body in a La Puente ditch. A male teenager had been shot through the heart with a .22-caliber rifle.
    In the next few months, three more boys vanished: Walter Collins, 9, of Mount Washington disappeared in March on his way to the movies; two Pomona brothers, Nelson and Louis Winslow, 10 and 12, went missing in May while walking home from a model yacht club meeting.
    In September, federal immigration authorities received a call from a Canadian woman. She said her nephew had kidnapped her son and was holding him at a Riverside County chicken ranch.
    When investigators arrived at the ranch in Wineville â?? now known as Mira Loma â?? they found Stanford Wesley Clark, 15, and his sister Jessie (who had alerted her mother to the situation). But the accused kidnapper, Gordon Stewart Northcott, and Northcottâ??s mother, Sarah Louise, had fled.
    Stanford Clark told authorities that Northcott had kidnapped little boys and, after molesting them, killed them with an ax, poured quicklime over their remains and disposed of them on the ranch. As for the body in La Puente, he said Northcott had killed a young Mexican ranch hand, dumped the body there, brought the head back to the ranch and smashed the skull.
    At the ranch house, authorities also found a Pomona Public Library book checked out to one of the Winslow brothers, clothing identified as theirs and a note one of them had written to their parents. Donâ??t worry, the note said, â??we are fine.â?
    Clark eventually admitted to participating in the murder of one of the Winslow brothers, saying Gordon Northcott had forced him.
    Gordon and Sarah Louise Northcott were captured in Canada and held without bond. While they awaited extradition, Clark led investigators on a hunt from the Riverside farm to the Northcott family home in Boyle Heights and to a cabin Gordon Northcott rented in Saugus. Officers found traces of human blood and bloodstained axes with strands of human hair.
    But the most appalling discovery was beneath the chicken coop: graves filled with bones, quicklime, bits of blood-soaked mattress and a .22-caliber rifle and bullets of the type used to kill the Mexican teenager.
    In December 1928, three months after his arrest, Northcott was taken to the chicken ranch in handcuffs. Police reported that he initially said nine boys had been killed there, but admitted killing only five. In a written confession that day, he owned up to just one, believed to be the Mexican ranch hand: â??I killed Alvin Gothea on the ranch on Feb. 2, 1928. No self-defense. Gordon Stewart Northcott will plead guilty to the above charge in Riverside County tomorrow.â?
    Northcottâ??s mother, who said she would â??do anythingâ? to protect her son, confessed to killing Walter Collins with an ax. She was sentenced to life in prison.
    Northcott was charged with killing Walter, along with the Winslow brothers and the Mexican youth. His trial began in January 1929 amid heavy security. Women were excluded from the jury because the judge believed the crimes were too heinous for the fairer sex to be exposed to. (They were admitted as spectators, however.)
    Retired Superior Court and appellate court judge John Gabbert, now 95, was then a student at Riverside City College. â??I waited around the courthouse a long time to get a seat,â? he said in a recent interview. Northcott â??was a very self-possessed guy, not overawed by the trial at all. During breaks, he kidded around with the prosecutors. He was as much at home in the courtroom as any attorney but didnâ??t know what he was doing [legally]. He was a conniving, smart guy, in a limited way.â?
    Northcott toyed with investigators, sending them on wild goose chases for bodies with hand-drawn maps that never led to anything. He fired three attorneys in succession, took over his own defense, growled obscenities at the prosecutor, Deputy D.A. Earl Redwine, and even put himself and the prosecutor on the stand. Playing attorney and witness at the same time, he asked himself questions and answered them.
    Redwine portrayed Northcott as a pathological liar and a sadistic degenerate â?? fearless, defiant, foulmouthed and full of bravado. Northcottâ??s conduct underscored Redwineâ??s case.
    At one point, smiling benignly at the jury, Northcott accused the sheriff of plotting to kill him and of stealing his legal papers. He alleged that his family members were â??liarsâ? coerced into testifying against him. Moreover, he said, the judge wasnâ??t giving him a â??square deal.â?
    At times he hinted that there were more than four victims.
    Northcott had his mother brought from Tehachapi State Prison to testify on his behalf. Her startling testimony was that her husband, Cyruss George Northcott, had had intercourse with their daughter, Winifred, who gave birth to Gordon Stewart Northcott.
    Winifred married and had more children, including Stanford Wesley Clark.
    Northcottâ??s father testified that his son had bragged of killing many boys and that he had seen evidence of the carnage before much of it was destroyed with lye and fire. He even testified that he had bought the lye.
    When Redwine asked the haggard, gray-haired Sarah Louise Northcott how many husbands sheâ??d had, she couldnâ??t remember. Nor could she recall the names of her five children. She shrieked at the prosecutor, â??The next time I get married, it wonâ??t be to a man like you.â?
    After a 27-day trial and two hoursâ?? deliberation, jurors convicted Northcott of three slayings â?? all but young Walter Collins. Northcott was sentenced to death.
    The teenager who first revealed the killings, Clark, was sentenced to the Whittier State School for Boys for his role in one murder. After his release, he returned to Canada.
    On Oct. 2, 1930, the date fixed for Northcottâ??s execution, he began screaming and trembling. His hands shook as San Quentin guards strapped his hands together. â??Will it hurt?â? he asked.
    He requested a blindfold so he wouldnâ??t have to see the gallows. He had to be dragged up 13 stairs to the noose, pleading with guards, â??Please â?? donâ??t make me walk so fast.â?
    Just before the trap was sprung, Northcott hollered, â??A prayer â?? please, say a prayer for me.â?
    Prison Warden Clinton T. Duffy later wrote that Northcott told him heâ??d killed â??18 or 19, maybe 20â? young men and boys. Duffy wrote a book about the death sentences heâ??d carried out, â??88 Men and 2 Women.â?
    After Northcottâ??s execution, in his cell Duffy found a crudely drawn map of the ranch, which had acquired the newspaper nickname â??murder farm.â? In one margin, Northcott had written, â??I am not guilty,â? but he had drawn coffin-shaped boxes and written, â??If you will look here you will find what you want.â?
    Duffy mailed the map to Riverside investigators, but they found nothing. Apparently the map was Northcottâ??s last hoax.
    But six weeks after Northcott was hanged, a Hesperia trapper found the remains of a youth in the desert near the ranch. The body was male, from 12 to 15 years old, and was believed to be another Northcott victim. It was never identified.
    The macabre case exhausted Wineville, which had had its fill of bad publicity. Weary townsfolk changed its name to Mira Loma.
    It's All Gravy Baby [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We had Genine Jones my mom worked with her at Bexar County hospital here in S.A. in the early 80s:
    http://www.crimezzz.net/serialkiller...NES_genene.php
    And another one from the earlier part of the 20th century I dont recall his name but will research.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Cool. Never heard of this before but here is a homosexual serial killer from S.A.
    http://www.crimezzz.net/serialkiller...REAL_david.php

Arthur Shawcross

Serial killer Arthur Shawcross, who was serving life in prison for strangling 11 women in the Rochester area, has died at 63.

Shawcross died late Monday at an Albany hospital, where he had been taken after complaining of leg pain earlier in the day at the Sullivan Correctional Facility, Corrections Department spokesman Erik Kriss said Tuesday. The cause of death was still under investigation, he said.
    Shawcross’ 13-week trial for 10 of the killings included graphic testimony about mutilation and cannibalism
    Shawcross’ victims, most of them prostitutes, were killed in the period from March 1988 to January 1990. At the time, he was on parole after serving 15 years in prison for killing two children in northern New York’s Watertown in 1972.
    Shawcross was arrested in January 1990, a day after state police spotted him near the frozen body of one of his victims.
    He was convicted of killing 10 of the women in December 1990 after jurors deliberated only 6 1/2 hours. Jurors rejected defense arguments that he was legally insane at the time of the killings because of brain damage, abuse during childhood and his experiences as a soldier in Vietnam.
    Three months later, Shawcross pleaded guilty to strangling a woman whose body was found Nov. 27, 1989, in woods in neighboring Wayne County.

cachluv Guest
    You gotta really be mad to beat someone to death with the claw end of a hammer. And a board and a concrete block. Damn. The man had a mission.

We had a lover's lane killer here in Atlanta. There was an article about him in the paper and then pouf.

I also went to school with a girl who was killed by a serial killer nicknamed Santa Claus, which was his Outlaws biker gang alias. He's in prison and they think he killed a number of women, but don't have enough evidence.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

It is absolutely horrendous what human beings do to other human beings .. their wiring has to be totally wrong to carry out such deeds....
    There's more to the truth than just the facts. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by lizzyann2007 View Post
    It is absolutely horrendous what human beings do to other human beings .. their wiring has to be totally wrong to carry out such deeds....

That is what has always made me wonder about these type of persons. If i run over a squirrel by accident, I feel guilt for days. They can kill a person than go to their local McDonalds and scarf away.

marimbagirl Guest
    An even more bizarre twist to the Chicken Coop Murder case was when an 8 year old drifter pretended to be one of the dead little boys. The situation is what inspired the movie, The Changeling.

http://www.people.com/people/article...239857,00.html

Theodore "Ted" Bundy

Didn't see any individual threads on him (did a search, saw the serial killer one but no individual) so I thought I would put one here

What made me think of him is Starzplay has the movie Ted Bundy on right now. Saw it a couple of years ago and just could not stop watching. Wow what a fascinating person he was. Very charming, very manipulative. I love how this movie shows the very end before he fried. Meaning how they shoved the cotton balls up his beehind and everything while he was alive. That must have been a real.....shock for him. That's not something you typically see in movies about serial killers. Boy he sure tried up until the very end to manipulate his way out of the death penalty.

Way too much to write on one thread about his history, so for those who do not know him, here he is:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_bundy
    Last edited by Donnagg123; 01-24-2009 at 10:35 AM. Reason: wrong method of execution

scott69 Guest

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Donnagg123 View Post
    Didn't see any individual threads on him (did a search, saw the serial killer one but no individual) so I thought I would put one here

What made me think of him is Starzplay has the movie Ted Bundy on right now. Saw it a couple of years ago and just could not stop watching. Wow what a fascinating person he was. Very charming, very manipulative. I love how this movie shows the very end before he got the injection. Meaning how they shoved the cotton balls up his beehind and everything while he was alive. That must have been a real.....shock for him. That's not something you typically see in movies about serial killers. Boy he sure tried up until the very end to manipulate his way out of the death penalty.

Way too much to write on one thread about his history, so for those who do not know him, here he is:
    Is the name of the movie the same title as Ann Rules book, "The Stranger beside me?"

What made me think of him is Starzplay has the movie Ted Bundy on right now. Saw it a couple of years ago and just could not stop watching. Wow what a fascinating person he was. Very charming, very manipulative. I love how this movie shows the very end before he got the injection. Meaning how they shoved the cotton balls up his beehind and everything while he was alive. That must have been a real.....shock for him. That's not something you typically see in movies about serial killers. Boy he sure tried up until the very end to manipulate his way out of the death penalty.

Who played Ted in this movie? What was it called? Miss Chunk xo
    "I guess every form of refuge has its price"...

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Chunk View Post
    Who played Ted in this movie? What was it called? Miss Chunk xo
    Michael Reilly Burke played Ted. Not sure if it is based on the book. the title is "Ted Bundy". Came out in 2001.

Tonights Guest
    I've never understood how people have found him attractive or called him handsome. He looks like a nutball to me.

tarsier Guest

Not to get all technical but didn't Bundy "fry" as opposed to taking the needle. Checking my memory on this but I seem to recall thinking that on the day it happened; let him burn. also recall seeing a photo of him dead on a gurney and definitely burned.

Tonights Guest
    Yes, he was electrocuted, not given the lethal injection.

lane4 Guest
    I've always been fascinated by Teddie Boy. I can't believe it's been 20 years today that he was executed.

hotmama Guest

yes i saw that movie and it was poetic justice because his executioner was a woman.. when she took the mask off i was like "dayummmm"

DexterKitty Guest
    Ted Bundy was my favorite serial killer. That probably sounds really bad but, I've always found him and his crimes extremely fascinating. He just seemed so normal, it was hard to wrap your head around everything he did. I think him and Green River Gary, would have made the Hillside Stranglers look like angels, if they would have hooked up. They were a lot alike. Both of them hated women, and both were necrophiles. I think Green River Gary should have gotten the chair too though. Looking at both men it's hard to imagine, they were capable of such utter horror and brutality. It just goes to prove... you can't judge a book by its cover.

msmojorisin84 Guest
    I am terrified that there's some kid somewhere, who's going to think that Ted was an "awesome dude", and is going to follow in his footsteps. That's all that we need, some other douchetard, out killing unsuspecting gals.

Quote Originally Posted by tarsier View Post
    Not to get all technical but didn't Bundy "fry" as opposed to taking the needle. Checking my memory on this but I seem to recall thinking that on the day it happened; let him burn. also recall seeing a photo of him dead on a gurney and definitely burned.

woops! Yep your right. I was thinking of something else. Will correct. Thanks!

Tonights Guest
    He makes me really really nervous about humankind in general. Really, all serial killers whose wives suspect nothing are terrifying to me. Like BTK? His wife had absolutely no clue that her husband was psychotic for decades. She slept next to him every night with no awareness of what a monster he was. Now THAT's scary.