Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Serial Killers

hoxharding Guest
    I wish I could remember- he wrote a book. I keep thinking he is a profiler but I could be very wrong about it.

Great link; thank you Ich!

I loved Larry Flynt's response: "You'll be 18 before you know it." and "In the meantime, read the Sears and Roebuck catalogue." Perfect!

I also loved the one comment railing against the letter writer for somehow glorifying the serial killers he wrote to. Actually, I think he illustrated how pathetic and very nutty they all are! Why not make fun of serial killers?

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxofpandoraz View Post
    There was a guy I read about who wrote letters to those guys and ended up killing himself...Is that the guy you're talking about, hox?

He went and visited Gacy in prison and Gacy tried to hurt him during the visit...My mind is foggy on the whole story, but I do remember reading it.

I just did a Google and he had to been the guy I was thinking of. Jason Moss who wrote 'The Last Victim'
    I had no idea he killed himself-that is sad yet a bit creepy. It is almost like he is the last victim.
    Here is an article about Jason's suicide-he shot himself in the head. They also wondered about the fact he killed himself on this date:
    6/6/06

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    I just did a Google and he had to been the guy I was thinking of. Jason Moss who wrote 'The Last Victim'
    I had no idea he killed himself-that is sad yet a bit creepy. It is almost like he is the last victim.
    Here is an article about Jason's suicide-he shot himself in the head. They also wondered about the fact he killed himself on this date:
    6/6/06
    Here's the Wikipedia article on Jason Moss.

Looks to me like we were both right...He did go into criminal defense, and was doing such when he died...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Moss

Thanks, Ich. Now off to bed and nightmares. You're a great Hag!

Sharmika Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    This is pretty cool. Some guy pretended to be a kid and wrote to a handful of serial killers such as Richard Ramirez and Charles Manson back in the 90's. He has published his correspondence with them.
    http://www.radarmagazine.com/from-th...inski_bill.php

You know you rock balls, right? You have the coolest stuff!

motherogod Guest
    Brilliant! Charles Manson's response is spot on with his craziness. Easy easy easy billy...

The Grim Reefer Guest
    Ed kemper was kind of a strange fella. But maybe i am only saying this because he is the last one i read about.

Just last night I watched the Discovery Channel's series on serial killers, and they had this expert who rates serial killers based on personality traits, childhood trauma, remorse or lack thereof, torture or lack thereof, etc.

The scale goes up to 22. Ted Bundy got a 17, I think, and Ridgeway got 22. The expert interviewed him in jail and the guy has absolutely no remorse, no God complex, nothing. He just liked the way flesh opens up when it's sliced with a sharp knife. Yo.

They also showed some Ted Bundy trial footage. He proposed to someone testifying on his behalf right there in the courtroom, and she said yes! buh?

deathybrad Guest
    John Trim

Sam Guest
    John Wayne Gacy....I HATE clowns!!!

docsmilitarywife Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    John Wayne Gacy....I HATE clowns!!!

ME TOO! I have always had a horrible fear of clowns. It didn't start with "Poltergeist" either, it's always been there.

Anyway, even w/ my fear of clowns J.W.G isn't my most feared of the one who creeps me out the most. I have to go with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrei_Chikatilo

Andrei Chikatilo.

IMO, he was THE sickest bastard probably ever alive. The things he done are just.. mind boggling. One sick fucker.

The Zodiac *shivers*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

panda Guest
    I think I would have to say Bundy because it was so easy for him to lure his victims. Good looking guy in a cast needs help, certainly understandable how so many became his victim.........

Handrejka Guest
    For me Beverly Allitt and Harold Shipman because you expect to be able to trust nurses and Doctors, Allitt is chilling also because she murdered children and Shipman because we've no idea how many he killed.

warmbear Guest
    Answer: The live ones that have not been caught yet.

D.HagsHusband Guest
    ... sorry had someone had to post it... give it a chance you will laugh...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ERej3-N1p-4

Dying Breath Guest
    Dying Breath...... mmmuuuhahahaaahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by smooches27 View Post
    I did a search and came up with nothing. So my question is which serial killer (dead or alive) scares you the most?

For me it is Dahmer. I'm not sure why, but whenever I watch a documentary about him or read a book, I am frightened. That says a lot because not much frightens me.

So, how about the rest of you?

The ones that no one knows about yet. Oops, sorry WarmBear!! Just realized I duped your answer!!

Guest Guest
    the ones we don't know of...but

the ones we do know of...I think Ted Bundy scared me the most...why?

Because the "charming, good looking, charismatic, likable guy" was all an act, the REAL Ted...the murderous rage filled psychopath was the man screaming in the courtroom...when I first saw that I think I got a true look at what his victims saw at the moment of their deaths

http://img.timeinc.net/time/2007/cri.../ted_bundy.jpg

a clever sheep Guest
    Richard Ramirez, absolutely! We had just moved here when he killed somebody in Mission Viejo only about 5 miles from our house. Could have been us that night. That is closer than I want to be ever again! Have any of you Hags had a near miss like that?

Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    For me......it is the ones we don't know about who are out there right now & actively killing.

I agree. I was thinking of serial killers I was familiar with and realized that they are all caught so I'm not so much scared by them anymore!!

I'd have to say the Zodiac. Even though he hasn't killed in a loooong time and he's probably dead, when I read the story and see the drawings of him in that creepy headwear, I get freaked out.

harlequin_clown Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkythejokedog View Post
    Count Chocula...he's creepy and very scary
    Remember Mr. T cereal? THAT was scary! And it tasted like generic cap'n'crunch

But to answer the real subject. Manson hands down. Also I would say the BTK killer because he looked like a guy next door, and the chilling unremorseful way he described the killings makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up!
    Last edited by harlequin_clown; 06-06-2008 at 03:00 PM. Reason: my keyboard is SHOT

Without a doubt, Ted Bundy. Listening to his confessions and reading Dr. Robert Keppel's books - wow. Bundy was a machine. He was utterly single minded. Plus there is evidence that he washed the hair of his victims and applied makeup to their faces, and he owned up to 'lying with' their bodies. And he took heads. OMFG.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

My sister was murdered in 1984 and there was speculation that it was a serial killer. That has haunted me. My mother actually went to death row and begged one of the inmates for information about my sister's death. No mother EVER wants to have to go through that. It is a testament to a mother's love and devotion. All serial killers deserve to rot in hell, whether their actions are due to mental illness or simple perversion.

Quote Originally Posted by deathybrad View Post
    John Trim
    OMG I am so shutting the iron flue gate in the fire place this X-mas eve!
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

STRAIGHT Guest
    I think Gacy scared me the most because I was about 15 years old when he was busted and he was in Chicago and I lived 35 miles north west of Detroit at the time and he gave me the creeps. He wasn't that far away. Now he's dancing on fire so I'm not scared anymore.....Send in the Clowns!!!!!

Bundy freaked me after he escaped from Colorado. I had never heard of him before then, and it just creeped me out when it was reported he had zipped through Atlanta. Plus, I was a in collage in Tennessee when he was on his rampages.

I never did it, but some girls in my dorm would leave the back door proped open with a phone book or whatever and anyone could have come in there--that just freaks me out, even today.

I just read his bio on CrimeLibrary.com and it said that one thing that drove Bundy to murder was his obsessive need to have sex with dead women. I also read in Ann Rule's The Stranger Beside Me, or in another book The Deliberate Stranger that when Ted escaped to Florida he had every intention of never killing again, but his obsession was just more powerful than he was.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Gorey Guest
    For mom and dad it was Richard Stark, I was a student nurse living in a dorm. For me then Charles Manson, I read Helter Skelter and didn't sleep for days. Now it;s all the awful unknowns who kidnap and murder children. I'm scared to death for my 13 yo boy.

Chevyheaven Guest
    George Bush

FannyB1923 Guest
    Richard Speck- it's like a slash movie. Because it was so calculated and he killed over and over.

Billsgirl Guest
    First one that came to mind, Ted Bundy and the second, John Wayne Gacy, I hate freaking clowns!!

Sam Guest
    I had to fix myself a Ruby Red Grapefruit Cocktail for this one....well......people DO have grapefruit for breakfast!!!

Back in 86 or 87 I had just finished reading my second book on John Wayne Gacy. The book showed some of the clown paintings he painted, "Pogo" (himself) as a clown, The Seven Dwarfs as clowns, etc.
    It also gave his address in prison. I began to wonder how much those paintings might be worth someday, so I wrote a letter to him inquiring about the prices and I enclosed a self addressed stamped envelope to my P.O. Box.
    What was I going to do with a painting of a clown? Keep it facing the wall in my closet? Put it under the bed? (I DON'T THINK SO!) My great aunt Letha used to paint those crying clowns with "Paint by Number" kits back in the 60's then frame them and hang them in my great grand parents house. They really creeped me out!
    A couple of weeks later I received a letter from the prison returning my letter explaining that a self addressed stamped envelope was considered "contraband", I was so happy I breathed a sigh of relieve.
    A few days later I opened my P.O. Box and there was a small blue envelope along with my other mail. It was typed on one of those old manual type writers. I looked at the return address and it was JOHN WAYNE GACY!
    I almost passed out!
    I shook all the way home and opened it while drinking a scotch and soda. He had somehow seen my letter? And thanked me for my inquiry and all I remember that the small paintings started out at $35.00 and went up to $125.00. He signed it with only one initial (I think) there may have been more, but it wasn't a signature.
    Friends, I have to tell you that letter radiated PURE EVIL! I couldn't stand to have it in my house so I took it to work, showed it to one co worker and put it in my desk. That letter called to me and I read it twice more before I finally couldn't stand it any more and tore it up and threw it away.
    The simple act of tearing it into pieces seemed to break the spell and get rid of the evil.
    I've heard his paintings sell for BIG BUCKS today, but I have no regrets about not buying one!

harlequin_clown Guest
    I had to fix myself a Ruby Red Grapefruit Cocktail for this one....well......people DO have grapefruit for breakfast!!!

Back in 86 or 87 I had just finished reading my second book on John Wayne Gacy. The book showed some of the clown paintings he painted, "Pogo" (himself) as a clown, The Seven Dwarfs as clowns, etc.
    It also gave his address in prison. I began to wonder how much those paintings might be worth someday, so I wrote a letter to him inquiring about the prices and I enclosed a self addressed stamped envelope to my P.O. Box.
    What was I going to do with a painting of a clown? Keep it facing the wall in my closet? Put it under the bed? (I DON'T THINK SO!) My great aunt Letha used to paint those crying clowns with "Paint by Number" kits back in the 60's then frame them and hang them in my great grand parents house. They really creeped me out!
    A couple of weeks later I received a letter from the prison returning my letter explaining that a self addressed stamped envelope was considered "contraband", I was so happy I breathed a sigh of relieve.
    A few days later I opened my P.O. Box and there was a small blue envelope along with my other mail. It was typed on one of those old manual type writers. I looked at the return address and it was JOHN WAYNE GACY!
    I almost passed out!
    I shook all the way home and opened it while drinking a scotch and soda. He had somehow seen my letter? And thanked me for my inquiry and all I remember that the small paintings started out at $35.00 and went up to $125.00. He signed it with only one initial (I think) there may have been more, but it wasn't a signature.
    Friends, I have to tell you that letter radiated PURE EVIL! I couldn't stand to have it in my house so I took it to work, showed it to one co worker and put it in my desk. That letter called to me and I read it twice more before I finally couldn't stand it any more and tore it up and threw it away.
    The simple act of tearing it into pieces seemed to break the spell and get rid of the evil.
    I've heard his paintings sell for BIG BUCKS today, but I have no regrets about not buying one!
    I held my breath te entire time I read yor post....don't ask me why.

Aileen Wournos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Boopassing Guest
    Ed Gein, the one who was the model for Hannibal the Cannibal in Silence of the Lambs. He's a scary mother.

The freaks who kill their wives scare me. Lacey Peterson was married to a sociopath and never knew it. The fact Scott could function in society so well and appear so normal is just frightening.

Boopassing Guest

That one gives me chills!

mrnorrischangestrains Guest
    Manson and can I add Tex Watson? For the same reason that I hate spiders.

Hitler and Goebbels. Technically "they didn't kill anyone" but they sure as hell managed to turn a lot of people into killing machines. And the same goes for Manson.
    Last edited by mrnorrischangestrains; 06-08-2008 at 05:26 PM.

Reecy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonCandy View Post
    My sister was murdered in 1984 and there was speculation that it was a serial killer. That has haunted me. My mother actually went to death row and begged one of the inmates for information about my sister's death. No mother EVER wants to have to go through that. It is a testament to a mother's love and devotion. All serial killers deserve to rot in hell, whether their actions are due to mental illness or simple perversion.
    I just saw this post. I am so sorry for you and your Mom........

panda Guest

Serial Killer Question

Some years ago I read about a serial killer that had been arrested. In the article there was a photo of the killer as an infant of about 2 or 3. The photo was black & white & I remember that he had a dress or gown on like they used to dress all babies in, boy or girl, back in the "old days". His hair looked to be blonde & it was kind of long & hung in ringlets. They had interviewed his sister for the article, I think she was his step or half sister. She said that the father had been extremely cruel to him his whole childhood and that although he had been cruel to all the kids, the killer got it the worst....all the time. I've never forgotten that story because it was like the first time I ever felt any kind of compassion towards a person who was such a monster. And I remember that he was one of the cutest babies I had ever seen & I wondered how anyone could be so cruel to such a beautiful baby. I can't for the life of me remember who the killer was! I've done searches for baby photos of serial killers & stuff like that & have not been able to find anything. I was wondering if maybe one of my fellow hags had read the same story & has a better memory than me. I would love to know who this was & see the photo again. I thought it was Gacy or Lucas but although similiar, their childhood stories didn't quite match.

MAMA2AROTT Guest
    Richard Ramirez scared the heck out of me, he killed a couple of people not to far away from where we live.

Guest Guest
    John Wayne Gacy....... it's the clown from hell that scares me

Vamp Guest
    Ted Bundy. He seemed so NORMAL.

Gorey Guest
    The ones that scare me the most are the ones we don't know about yet.

mgpm Guest
    Amen, Gorey. That's just what I was thinkin'. The ones we know about and are dead or put away don't scare me, they repulse me but they are out of commission.

How close have I ever come to one, physically in my life? Have I ever sat on a subway with one? Shopped for fruit next to one in the supermarket? Bought a movie ticket from one? Lived in the same neighborhood? Ugghhh.....that's what's scary.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonCandy View Post

I too, am so sorry for you. Your mother was one of the bravest women I have heard of.

The thing that kept me awake for years until I moved out of that city:
    A very good friend of mine was at a bar one night with another friend of mine. The one with the car had to take some people home and was going to come back for the other one. When she came back, the friend was gone so she thought that she had gotten a ride with someone else.
    The next morning a guy walking his dog found her body. She was stabbed multiple times and left in a ditch. They never arrested anyone so we all naturally, started thinking that it was someone we knew. That was a trip. One night, I was convinced that there was someone coming up the deck to kill me. I have never been so scared. My best friend was also raped walking down the street because her asshole husband wouldn't drive her home. A guy jumped out of a van with a gun...

Strangely, I feel much safer in this big city than I did in that small town. I guess because people are much more aware of things and most places are heavily lit at night. My hometown (not to be melodramatic) felt like it was just full of dark spots and secrets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seagorath Guest
    BTK blended well into society...so serial killers like him worry me the most. I also worry about the "charismatic" serial killers out there like Ted Bundy...witty and charming types...on the surface. I'm sure that we have at least one "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" family out there somewhere too...perhaps some 70's acid rejects that have retreated to the farm...

2Dogs Guest
    He isn't particularly scary to me anymore, but whenever the topic of serial killers comes up, Son of Sam is the first to jump into my mind. He was the first one that I was old enough to read a lot about while it was taking place, probably my first realization of what a serial killer was, and it scared me back then.

But now, like others have said, it's the normal looking/acting ones that get to me. And David Berkowitz didn't really fall into the normal looking/acting category.

Seagorath Guest

The Parents of Serial Killers & Mass Murderers

People across the good ole U.S.A. have different opinions regarding the "parents" of Killers & Murderers. My personal opinion...I really don't think Mr. and Mrs. Bundy PLANNED to bring Theodore Robert Monster into the world...to terrorize and destroy the lives of "countless" families. Neither did Mr. and Mrs. Dahmer...in a way, these parents suffered a "real" HELL ON EARTH...

As a side note...My 8th Grade Algebra teacher Mrs. Owens attended FSU when Bundy's Chi Omega "slaughter" happened. She told us about it one day in class, and NONE of us could focus on Algebra the rest of the day. I was terrified...

Most serial killers are sociopaths and not the product of bad upbringing.
    I wouldnt blame the parents.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.