Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Serial Killers

KarmaKat Guest
    Probably Jack the Ripper. I'm sure this is mainly becasue of all the hype and mystery that media has placed around him all these years. But just the fact that his crimes were so brutal (and got progressively worse), most were done out in the open and he was never caught.
    Yes I totally accept the fact that if the murders had happened today he would have been caught after the second death but still there is something so........fasinating and eerie about this enigma of a man.

Danny62 Guest
    I think John Wayne Gacey because he was a clown at Children's parties.

djdeath-hag Guest
    For me......it is the ones we don't know about who are out there right now & actively killing.

smooches27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    For me......it is the ones we don't know about who are out there right now & actively killing.
    Great point!!!

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    Idk I am with Dennis the ones roaming the country right now scare me. I really can't pick just one who scare me they don't really scare me at all. There are some that interest me and others who just make me sick. I will say working in the penal system has made me alittle disassociated with them. Nothing surprises me anymore. I will say that sometimes I think that some of the women are worse then the men.

Me too. Years ago I read in a book that at the time there were at least 5 serial killers working in every major city of the US.

Aside from the unknowns, there was a time when nothing and nobody who scared me like Charles Manson. I knew he wasn't going to get out, and if he did, it wasn't like he was going to make a beeline to my house. Yet, every time his parole came up I was just awash in dread.
    Last edited by cindyt; 04-14-2008 at 08:50 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

The one sneaking up behind aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Andrea Guest
    For me it is the Manson Family --- that creepy crawling scared the hell out of me --- the thought of someone coming into your house and moving things around. And, then after they've scared you already coming back to do something worse!

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Yeah. Years ago I read in a book that at the time there were at least 5 serial killers working in every major city of the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Okay thanks you both have me creeped out now!

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Count Chocula...he's creepy and very scary

smooches27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkythejokedog View Post
    Count Chocula...he's creepy and very scary
    lmao

What about Frankenberry???

Quote Originally Posted by Dan7962 View Post
    Okay thanks you both have me creeped out now!
    Any time, Danny, any time.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

djdeath-hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smooches27 View Post
    lmao

What about Frankenberry???
    Now that we're talking "cereal killers", I have to admit that I'm troubled, to this day by the war between Quisp & Quake......never mind, I'm just troubled, as if you didn't ALL already know that.

Ms. K Guest
    That's the serial killers who scare the hell out of me. Gacy, Manson, Dahmer, Bundy....they're all either dead, or in prison.

But the serial killers operating now? We don't know who the hell they are. And they could be anywhere.

I'd say Jack the Ripper...... he was never found and the deaths were gruesome, slow torture

knothere Guest
    ya the unfound and the unkown ones
    cant see the one/s creepin up from behind
    but the ones that rush up to ur face

interrestedintn Guest
    Well, Jack the Ripper was definately horrifying and I'd hate to run into him in a dark alley. lol......But Dahmer is by far the creepiest for me. I have a cousin who was always torturing and killing animals when we were kids.....hell, he tried to kill me a few times but I could always kick his ass. I think that's why he freaks me out so bad.

Snoopy Guest
    Oh I think Manson scares me most..simply because he had the ability to gather this group of young people together say the right things to get them to do what he wanted them to do..then Bundy because he looked so harmless.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Charles Manson scared the crap out of me back in the day. Just like Cindy, I was waiting for him to show up at my house.

And the Oakland County Child Killer, who was never caught. He killed at least four children and it threw all of SE MI into lockdown and panic where kids were concerned.

Knowning that there are unknown serial killers out there, probably a lot more of them then we can imagine, scares me, too.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Ted Bundy. He was hot and smart. I would have opened the door to him or helped him out with a cast.

Chevyheaven Guest
    Most serial killers don’t scare me. There is one out there named Albert Fish well hes not out there now hes dead but he was known for killing dismembering and eating over 400 children. That dude is alittle wacky for me. He liked children because there buttocks were so lean and delicious. ???

WTF..

Zeus Guest
    There are none that scare me, nothing much ever really scares me. I would have to say though that I would have loved to interview Andrei Chikatilo, just so that I could see into his mind for myself.

The ones out there operating under the radar
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

MissLissa Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaDeathHag View Post
    Ted Bundy. He was hot and smart. I would have opened the door to him or helped him out with a cast.
    He is also the one that scared me the most. He was so completely normal looking.Nothing about his looks was creepy. I am also sure there are more like him out there . So now I always think twice about the goodlooking guy in the elevator,so to speak.

Chevyheaven Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MissLissa View Post
    He is also the one that scared me the most. He was so completely normal looking.Nothing about his looks was creepy. I am also sure there are more like him out there . So now I always think twice about the goodlooking guy in the elevator,so to speak.

Yeah I know right..That dude in American Psycho he was alittle weird but who'd a thunk he was insane?

JestersKiss Guest
    I would say one that hasnt been caught.......never know who it might be....
    My neighbor,,,,,my uncle,,,,,,my best friend,,,,,,or someone right here on this site!

Anyway there is speculation about the Green River Killer in Wa. and if he was caught or not.....so for me thats the scariest one,,,,the one never caught......
    Last edited by JestersKiss; 04-15-2008 at 09:29 AM.

smooches27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JestersKiss View Post
    I would say one that hasnt been caught.......never know who it might be....
    My neighbor,,,,,my uncle,,,,,,my best friend,,,,,,or someone right here on this sight!

Anyway there is speculation about the Green River Killer in Wa. and if he was caught or not.....so for me thats the scariest one,,,,the one never caught......

What speculation is there about GRK? I though Ridgeway was a pretty done deal as far as his guilt?

Chevyheaven Guest
    I spent about 4 years in Kansas back in the 70's and remember the BTK strangler very well. It was kind of scary how now that hes caught to hear how he just became this pilar of society and went to church and cared about his community. He even was a boy scout leader? Thats nuts to know that this vicious serial killer was camping out with your kids just makes me skin crawl.

MissLissa Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevyheaven View Post
    I spent about 4 years in Kansas back in the 70's and remember the BTK strangler very well. It was kind of scary how now that hes caught to hear how he just became this pilar of society and went to church and cared about his community. He even was a boy scout leader? Thats nuts to know that this vicious serial killer was camping out with your kids just makes me skin crawl.
    I remember watching him talking about the crimes in court and he was so matter of fact about it,it was chilling. There was no emotion in his voice.

JestersKiss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smooches27 View Post
    What speculation is there about GRK? I though Ridgeway was a pretty done deal as far as his guilt?
    I read i book,,,,cant remember author right now,,,,i will find it and post it,,,,but anywho.......
    It was written by one of the lead investigators ...to sum it up....he knew who the killer was and he had even confessed to him but he couldnt get enough evidence agaisnt him......weather true or not it was a good read with lots of details....i will go look for it now and post

smooches27 Guest
    I read i book,,,,cant remember author right now,,,,i will find it and post it,,,,but anywho.......
    It was written by one of the lead investigators ...to sum it up....he knew who the killer was and he had even confessed to him but he couldnt get enough evidence agaisnt him......weather true or not it was a good read with lots of details....i will go look for it now and post
    That would be awesome..... I love true crime books!!!

Lita Guest
    Alas, poor cleanskull. We knew thee well.

I think the speculation around Ridgeway was before he was ever caught. I remember reading in Ann Rule's book "Green River Runs Red" that the police pretty much knew Ridgeway was the killer awhile before they could get enough evidence to arrest him. I think they have the real GRK. He lead them to bodies that they didn't even know about and he knew details only the killer would know.

smooches27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lita View Post
    Alas, poor cleanskull. We knew thee well.

I think the speculation around Ridgeway was before he was ever caught. I remember reading in Ann Rule's book "Green River Runs Red" that the police pretty much knew Ridgeway was the killer awhile before they could get enough evidence to arrest him. I think they have the real GRK. He lead them to bodies that they didn't even know about and he knew details only the killer would know.

That's what I thought. I read the book by the guy who played a huge part in catching him. I can't remember his name offhand.

JestersKiss Guest
    http://www.amazon.com/Chasing-Devil-...pd_sim_b_img_6

Heres the book and im sad to say i was wrong,,,,,theres an update in the book saying it was ridgeway,,,i had read it before the whole ridgeway thing came out,,,,im sorry for the misinterpetation,,,,i stand corrected death hags

smooches27 Guest
    http://www.amazon.com/Chasing-Devil-...pd_sim_b_img_6

Heres the book and im sad to say i was wrong,,,,,theres an update in the book saying it was ridgeway,,,i had read it before the whole ridgeway thing came out,,,,im sorry for the misinterpetation,,,,i stand corrected death hags

Thanks for the link!! It is now on my amazon wishlist!

At last I am confident there is another person on this planet who has a more twisted sense of humor than I.

Serial killers stopped scaring me a long time ago. (It's the fake, stupid movie stuff like 'The Grudge', 'The Ring', etc that keep me up at night now.) That being said, Ted Bundy still gives me the creeps, especially after reading 'The Only Living Witness' and 'Conversations with a Killer', and listening to the tapes of his confessions. (God bless YouTube!) When I first started researching him, I thought, Oh, your run of the mill rapist-strangler. Then I found out that he took heads home with him. Then I found out that some of the heads had evidence of makeup being applied. After reading that and more, I came to realize that Bundy was a machine, a killing machine. He was highly organized and left virtually no evidence behind, yet here was this maniac taking girl's heads home with him. To read his third-person accounts and realize he was talking about himself was so eerie.

Ted talks about burning a skull (Georgeann Hawkins?) in the fireplace
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eloLO70t_0g

Ed Gein freaks me out, too, because how mad would you have to be to live in a house decorated with body parts? The thought of him wearing one of the death masks and the 'vest', dancing around in the moonlight, is horrific.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

JestersKiss Guest
    Real life is always scarier than the movies

Part of Ted's confession. The tapes were kept sealed for several years because investigators said they were 'too disturbing.' Meaning I HAD to listen to them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoqKMo6uIE8

About three and a half minutes in he starts whispering about Georgeann Hawkins's head, it's creepy as hell.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Chevyheaven Guest
    That sums it up JK. I agree that nothing in any movie can come close to the horrors that await when you open your front door.

Real life is always scarier than the movies

I agree, but I think the reason those movies scare me is because it's a ghost and what can you do to a ghost? Shoot it?

The real killers we talk about here, it still seems so remote and out of the realm of everyday existence that you can still shunt them off to a seperate place in your brain. Even after having my website and writing about murder and stuff at 4 a.m., I can still compartmentalize it. I guess if you're going to immerse yourself in it, you have to.

Of course they're scary, and I hope no one thinks I'm down-playing the horror of what they did. But they don't make me keep all the lights in the house on. The clown from It? That's another story!

- R.H. Sin

Chevyheaven Guest
    Did you see that movie CopyCat with Sigourney Weaver we back when. She was a writer that was I guess exposed to to much horror that she became agorophobic and locked herself in her house? I think the mind can only take so much. I know that only a movie but I couldnt imagine dealing with the image of death everyday.

The one out there that I don't know about. Probably some "He seemed like a regular guy" neighbor.

Dylgem22 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevyheaven View Post
    Did you see that movie CopyCat with Sigourney Weaver we back when. She was a writer that was I guess exposed to to much horror that she became agorophobic and locked herself in her house? I think the mind can only take so much. I know that only a movie but I couldnt imagine dealing with the image of death everyday.
    Yeah, I love that movie .. she was actually almost killed by the character played by Harry Connick Jr. .. he was studying up on all the serial murderers that she did research and gave lectures about .. then he tried to kill her so she was pretty much scared into never leaving her house .. I couldn't imagine being like that!!

I would say Manson would scare me the most only because of all his followers, etc .. Bundy is scary only in that you wouldn't have thought to look at him!!

WendyK Guest
    Richard Ramirez creeps me out.

Chevyheaven Guest
    Yeah is freaky with all that big nose and eys and that long stringy black hair.
    he looks evil. He doesnt scare me though hes just homely.

smooches27 Guest
    You know, besides the serial killers being scary... what really freaks my right the hell out are the crazy women who marry them AFTER they've been convicted! Not to mention all the crazy groupies these monsters attract! It's one thing to be interested in them, like I am for what I'm studying in school, but to act as though their movie stars or someone to be admired? That is scary!

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MissLissa View Post
    I remember watching him talking about the crimes in court and he was so matter of fact about it,it was chilling. There was no emotion in his voice.
    This is why he gets my vote.
    In court, as he was speaking of his crimes, he might as well have been reading off a shopping list.........

Auntie Vi Guest
    Captain Crunch....shady bastard. Oh SERIAL killers.........never mind

ApricotRoses Guest
    Even though they're dead, Gacy (clowns scare me); Bundy (too charming); and Dahmer (too sick). And to know that they "walk among us" is truly alarming.

lil_zino Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post

Knowning that there are unknown serial killers out there, probably a lot more of them then we can imagine, scares me, too.

You know, I always think that too. I mean if it took them so long to look for Green River Killer, then there's probably a lot of others out there that haven't even been caught.

One thing that freaks me out is looking at a picture of Ted Bundy's ex girlfriend who wrote that book. She and I look so much alike it's not even funny. If I were around back then and crossed his path, I probably wouldn't have fared so well.