Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movie Theater Snacks

Xtine Guest

Movie Theater Snacks

Just wondering what you guys like to eat when you go to the movie theater.... one of the reasons for this question is... a friend of mine just moved to California and mentioned that they do not sell pickles at the movie theater .

i get popcorn, pickle, m&ms, and mr pibb

A margarita or a rum and diet coke.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtine View Post
    Just wondering what you guys like to eat when you go to the movie theater.... one of the reasons for this question is... a friend of mine just moved to California and mentioned that they do not sell pickles at the movie theater .

I have never seen pickles at the movie theaters here in So. Cal, but I sure wouldn't complain!

I LOVE pickles!

If I'm getting food, I like nachos usually. Occasionally candy of some sort, but ALWAYS a soda.

Jazbabee Guest
    I have never seen pickles in the theaters arounds here. It's usually popcorn or nachos for me

Xtine Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxofpandoraz View Post
    I have never seen pickles at the movie theaters here in So. Cal, but I sure wouldn't complain!

I LOVE pickles!

If I'm getting food, I like nachos usually. Occasionally candy of some sort, but ALWAYS a soda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    I have never seen pickles in the theaters arounds here. It's usually popcorn or nachos for me

I'm starting to think the pickles thing is a southern thing ... anyone know?

endsleigh03 Guest
    I have never seen pickles at the movies, but I love 'em.

I stuff my purse now, it's gotten too expensive. $16.00 for 1 large popcorn and 2 sodas.

Carrie Guest
    First, I have to rob a bank to be able to afford all of the yummies .
    I need popcorn, diet whatever, and Jr. Mints!! I'm sure that's about $15 not including the movie ticket . If I hit the store prior to going I can sneak in the Jr. Mints and diet whatever, but I HAVE to have movie popcorn...with extra butter....yummy

No pickles here...Usually nachos, pizza, popcorn, pretzels, and the 10.00 boxes of candy....for a family of four to go to the movies and get soda, snacks, etc. you are looking at 100.00

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
    First, I have to rob a bank to be able to afford all of the yummies .
    I need popcorn, diet whatever, and Jr. Mints!! I'm sure that's about $15 not including the movie ticket . If I hit the store prior to going I can sneak in the Jr. Mints and diet whatever, but I HAVE to have movie popcorn...with extra butter....yummy
    Yeah, I said I wouldn't buy the popcorn anymore, and when we went last time the smell hit me at the door and it was all over. I SWEAR they are venting the smell thru the air shafts.

So I'm the only lush here? Pshaw!
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

No pickles in Delaware. Popcorn, raisinettes, coke (w/a touch of rum preferred)...

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    So I'm the only lush here? Pshaw!
    I've never been in a movie theater that serves alcohol, ich. I'd probably be drinkin' a margarita myself if I was!

I used to enjoy movie theater popcorn, and still every once in a GREAT while will have some. But when I worked the concession stand at our local theater, just after my daughter was born, and would come home with my hands DYED yellow from the popcorn salt they put in it...Yeah...kinda turned me on it for a while.

since i'm now 'pre diabetic' probably a stalk of celery GGGGGGGRRRR in the old days, the biggest drum of popcorn dripping with butter, and a large 'diet' coke lol
    pull the string!

leeny994 Guest
    If I were to purchase movie food at the theater I would get nice big ole soda popcorn and some reese pieces.

BUT since I am never in the mood to sell a kidney on the black market in order to afford said food---i have and will continue to sneak in sodas, dollar menu items from mcdonalds or wendys and on Thanksgiving of this past year I even brought in a nice rubber maid container with turkey, potatoes and all the fixins--even a piece of pie.
    YUMMY

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leeny994 View Post
    If I were to purchase movie food at the theater I would get nice big ole soda popcorn and some reese pieces.

BUT since I am never in the mood to sell a kidney on the black market in order to afford said food---i have and will continue to sneak in sodas, dollar menu items from mcdonalds or wendys and on Thanksgiving of this past year I even brought in a nice rubber maid container with turkey, potatoes and all the fixins--even a piece of pie.
    YUMMY
    I have VERY good knowledge that Blockbuster sells the SAME EXACT candy that the movie theater does, size and all...for a MUCH cheaper price.

Junior mints!

shellileigh Guest
    Large Popcorn with butter, Large Coke, and Maybe Jr Mints, Or Butterfinger.

I don't know if there is any other states, but there is a Movie Theater that you can order a meal. The price is usually reasonable, It dinner and movie in one setting. They serve anything from pizza, chicken to steak. It's kinda of cool.

Morrissey Guest
    There is a deal that you get a large popcorn and two large drinks at the theatre we usually go to (Rave). My dad always gets it!

My significant other and I get the other drink, and that brat always demands Diet Coke. :|

We have pickles here, by the way...

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    We usually go to the drive in and they have funnel cakes...Crimeny those sum bitches are good...

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shellileigh View Post
    Large Popcorn with butter, Large Coke, and Maybe Jr Mints, Or Butterfinger.

I don't know if there is any other states, but there is a Movie Theater that you can order a meal. The price is usually reasonable, It dinner and movie in one setting. They serve anything from pizza, chicken to steak. It's kinda of cool.
    We have something sort of like that, but really simple food. They have wait staff who take your order then bring it back, I think you can order beer too.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtine View Post

Pickles at the movie theater? Never heard of it! Not that I would mind, I LOVE pickles, but...no, not here.

What we DO have is Raisinettes...and that would be me eating them.

MandyLynn Guest
    Ich- we have a place called "Movie Tavern" here in Houston.. You should look it up and see if you have one. Its cheaper than the mall movies for sure, and you can buy a Big Assed Beer Mug and refill it for cheap every time you come. BOMB DIGGITY. They have pretty good eats too and unlimited popcorn. SWEET.

We have pickles here. But I'm in Texas, hell our WalMart sells the big old Dixie pickles. I have a jar in my fridge as we speak. They are supa supa sour.

My treat? Extra Butter pop corn, diet coke and sour patch kids. Hell, my mouth is watering thinking about it. I eat the kids and the corn at the same damn time. FLIPPIN GREAT. If I could get all reds and orange in a bag, Id be in heaven. Yellows and greens do not rawk my socks as much!

When I lived in Calif, my friend and I would stop at 7-11 and get a couple of slurpees, bags of chips and sunflower seeds and sneak them in a backpack.

And by the way, I LOVE Mt Olive Zesty Garlic Spears...drool.
    Last edited by Aries65; 09-01-2008 at 03:45 AM.

Box of maltesers. Roll em down the aisles or if the movie sucks throw them at the screen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maltesers.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	7555

Jaffas as per Maltesers.

Name:	Jaffas-Pic.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	7558

Fantales are another good one. Toffy dipped in chocolate.

Name:	Fantales.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	195.6 KB 
ID:	7556

Name:  fantales 1.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  10.6 KB

And gummy snakes or bears

Name:	Gummy snakes.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	7559

as well as popcorn.
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 09-01-2008 at 04:06 AM.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

beatlebaby4 Guest
    popcorn and diet coke - the biggest you can buy. Ya know the bucket size that you can hardly carry lol. Hubby always has Nibs. Boring!!!lol
    We usually go out for dinner before or after the movie. That's the best part...I don't have to cook!

deathybrad Guest
    I'm a purist. Popcorn, no butter.

I've never seen pickles in a theater, Iowa, New York, or Florida.

My wife has a few "going to the movies" purses.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Never saw pickles here either. I usually have just soda but I like the nachos. Also, any of the m&ms, reeses pieces, any small chocolate treat would be nice.

Guest Guest
    I get reese's pieces...... the biggest White Cherry Icee... and maybe nachos.....I would love to eat popcorn, but I'm not allowed because of my intestines....but when I used to (5 years ago)...extra butter lots of salt.

seriously....lots of salt

Yeah, the pickles must be a Southern thing; we have them here.

Me?

Large popcorn; lotsa butter; and a Coke.

Ich; if I could order a margarita or a Crown and tonic at the movies...I would!

Danny62 Guest

Thanks for that, Danny!

THAT brings back memories.
    Use to get mosquito coils to burn during the drive-in movies in Florida.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    THAT brings back memories.
    Use to get mosquito coils to burn during the drive-in movies in Florida.
    Do they still sell those? I remember them.

Coke with lots of ice and buttered popcorn. These candy items I buy on the cheap at Walmart, totally addicted to Dots.

[Img][/img]
    "There are three things I've learned never to discuss
    with people: religion, politics and The Great Pumpkin."
    - Linus -
    It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
    https://youtu.be/H2H0TfvNU3w

At the theater I go to regularly I usually get M & M's, large coke and the small lotion with lots of napkins.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Do they still sell those? I remember them.

Not for sure. Have not been back to Florida since the 60's. Wanna go back someday. They turned the dang USAF base I was born at into a airport.

Snoopy Guest
    Buttered popcorn and a bottle of water! though I would Love a nice dill pickle!

Littleroben Guest
    Either sweet or salt popcorn or if I feel like it a nice hot dog with mustard and ketchup - yummy

knothere Guest
    white cheese popcorn buttered gloset peanuts and twizlers red of course and a buketa coke

and no pikles n yes ichy ur the only lushy on this thread

Large coke, large buttered popcorn and a box of Milk Duds to pull the popcorn out of your teeth.

Seagorath Guest
    My favorite salty snack is Nachos with lots of cheese.

Sweet snack...Skittles or Sour Patch Kids

Drink...Large Fountain Coke

jcheeka Guest
    big popcord with tons and tons of butter and a pop

Buncha Crunch

deathybrad Guest
    Does anyone still get hand jobs at theaters anymore? Maybe that's just a southern thing.

Quote Originally Posted by deathybrad View Post
    Does anyone still get hand jobs at theaters anymore? Maybe that's just a southern thing.
    I've had my share of handjobs at seedy theatres. The best one was an old theatre with a balcony on the near southside of Austin in an area that was in the process of being gentrified so no one cared that a fag sex place was operating in their midst. Some silly ethnic movie consisting of gangster Puerto Rican dudes with massive cocks fucking and sucking eachother in a tenement while moaning Yo Yo Yo Papi. This fucker had magic fingers. Magic sticky fingers when all was said and done.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by John Trim View Post
    At the theater I go to regularly I usually get M & M's, large coke and the small lotion with lots of napkins.
    BwAAHAHAHa!!! You wanker!!!

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Ah memories, thanks Danny!

I remember getting quite an education as a kid, peeking into the darkened cars at intermission on the way to the snack bar...

Somewhere twixt San Antonio & Corpus Christi
    Thanks Dan. Gosh I miss drive-ins!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

American Progress

MandyLynn Guest
    www.movietavern.com

oh and, the best for getting drunk and the occasional Hand Job..

http://www.theshowboatdrivein.com/

Gosh, I love Texas.