Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Martha Moxley

Martha Moxley

October 26, 2007 - A Connecticut State judge Rejected Kennedy cousin Michaell Skakel's bid for a new criminal trial based on his claim of new evidence, discarding it as flimsy theory that implicated two Bronx, NY, teenagers in the death of 15 year old Martha Moxley.
    Last edited by Serendipity09; 11-24-2011 at 12:50 AM.

cherryghost Guest
    Diddums looks upset by this outcome! From all I have read, not a lot mindyou....this seems to be the right judgement!

Jazbabee Guest
    I too believe it is the right judgement. But I suppose when you have the means and/or arrogance you will continue to try to place the blame elsewhere.

leevancleef Guest
    Isnt Skakel , Ethel Kennedy's nephew? (Ethel is Robert K' widow)

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leevancleef View Post
    He sure is !! And throws the Kennedy ties around, acting like a privileged asshole !!

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    And throws the Kennedy ties around, acting like a privileged asshole !!
    i know!, then hes only directly related to RFK' kids.

Noelle Page Guest
    Maybe this is a thread question, but if a member of the Kennedy clan proposed marriage, would you accept? I'd be a little nervous about it, no matter how much in love I was.....

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Maybe this is a thread question, but if a member of the Kennedy clan proposed marriage, would you accept? I'd be a little nervous about it, no matter how much in love I was.....
    Wow Noelle, that is a deep question. I can certainly see loving someone, no matter their family ties. But given history, and issues that would certainly be a challenge. But thankfully, I will never find myself in that position !! lol

I was kind of hoping he'd died in prison when i saw his name here! I'm a mean sicko, I know.

I think absolutely no on the marrying into the Kennedy clan question. I've seen them at work in the public eye all my life, and I expect you practically have to sign a contract that you will tow the line and be a good little clan in-law. In particular, you'd have to take the whole devout Catholic girl thing seriously, and I can't even pretend to follow Catholicism sincerely.

Before somebody gets on my case about being anti-Catholic, let me emphasize that I'm saying I have a _personal_ problem with following its practices and believing what you'd be expected to believe sincerely. I know plenty of Catholics who find great joy in their faith.

Noelle Page Guest
    I was thinking not just the family obligations but....you know...the "curse." I keep thinking of poor Carolyn Bessette, she and her family probably thought she'd be the new Queen of Camelot. Instead....

SquirrelNutZipper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by amaranthaseven View Post
    I was kind of hoping he'd died in prison when i saw his name here! I'm a mean sicko, I know.

I think absolutely no on the marrying into the Kennedy clan question. I've seen them at work in the public eye all my life, and I expect you practically have to sign a contract that you will tow the line and be a good little clan in-law. In particular, you'd have to take the whole devout Catholic girl thing seriously, and I can't even pretend to follow Catholicism sincerely.

Before somebody gets on my case about being anti-Catholic, let me emphasize that I'm saying I have a _personal_ problem with following its practices and believing what you'd be expected to believe sincerely. I know plenty of Catholics who find great joy in their faith.

Good points amaranthaseven. I don't get the "Pavlov's dog response" whenever you mention Kennedy in this state. I just don't get it.

As for his guilt. Hell yes. Truthfully, there should be a separate thread for all the Kennedy deaths. All (with the exception of two) brought on by their own arrogant, selfish behavior. There's no curse. Flying a plane at night without proper certification and training is just plain stupid. No curse. Shooting up with meth in a Florida hotel room is again, just plain stupid. No curse. Skiing backwards playing football is not death by curse...it's just stupid. And a side note...if that Michael Kennedy was in prison for bonking the 14 year-old babysitter - he wouldn't be dead right now.

I am so sick of all the dancing around of these has beens. And Ted - it's been over 35 years...when are you going to answer where you and Mary Jo were going that night?

Aside from his cute pout up there in the picture, the name--skakel--doesn't it just sound like a scumbag name? like he's beggin for an ass-kickin?

Unless anyone here shares that name, in which case, of course, it's a perfectly fine name to have.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelNutZipper View Post
    Good points amaranthaseven. I don't get the "Pavlov's dog response" whenever you mention Kennedy in this state. I just don't get it.

As for his guilt. Hell yes. Truthfully, there should be a separate thread for all the Kennedy deaths. All (with the exception of two) brought on by their own arrogant, selfish behavior. There's no curse. Flying a plane at night without proper certification and training is just plain stupid. No curse. Shooting up with meth in a Florida hotel room is again, just plain stupid. No curse. Skiing backwards playing football is not death by curse...it's just stupid. And a side note...if that Michael Kennedy was in prison for bonking the 14 year-old babysitter - he wouldn't be dead right now.

I am so sick of all the dancing around of these has beens. And Ted - it's been over 35 years...when are you going to answer where you and Mary Jo were going that night?
    Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one around here (Massachusetts, specifically) who doesn't feel the Kennedy "worship", SquirrelNut! I know they've done some great things as individuals (well, JFK and RFK did in their lifetimes, as well as some rumored not-so-nice things), but lately it seems they've made spectacles of themselves for very different reasons. I agree that a lot of their reckless behavior brought on their destruction. And in the case of John Jr., he killed his wife and sister-in-law when he chose to fly in the dark anyway.

William Kennedy Smith is another prize member of the clan. I don't doubt he got off on rape charges because he had a good lawyer, and enough people were dazzled by his kin to tread lightly.

People should be judged by what deeds they do as individuals, not by their famous names. If all you do is sponge off the brand name, I have no respect.

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by herekittykitty View Post
    Aside from his cute pout up there in the picture, the name--skakel--doesn't it just sound like a scumbag name? like he's beggin for an ass-kickin?

Unless anyone here shares that name, in which case, of course, it's a perfectly fine name to have.
    I agree....everytime I hear the name, especially linked with his picture, SKANK comes to mind....lol

lisalouver Guest
    What a pig that guy is/was!

Fuhrman's book on it was fantastic.

He got away with that murder for far too many years. He should rot in prison.

Jazbabee Guest
    I have renamed this pig - Michael Skankel !! Just thought you all should know !! LOLOL

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    I have renamed this pig - Michael Skankel !! Just thought you all should know !! LOLOL
    Brillant Jaz!!!!

leevancleef Guest
    As amarantha has said, i dont worship the Kennedys either, but i cant help being FASCINATING by their life stories and events. ive always been fascinated by that and i enjoy reading about those events.

cherryghost Guest
    I would never marry a Kennedy, get in a car with a Kennedy, a plane with a kennedy or live near one! Though I did think John Jr was handsome and may have been more evolved than the rest of his male relatives.

Just wanted to add a personal experience to the hypothetical "marrying a Kennedy" question. Many years ago, when JFK Jr was still an eligible bachelor and I was in college, my mom called me and was weeping uncontrollably. She said she had dreamed the night before that I came home with JFL Jr and told her we were getting married. She was so shaken by the dream she was upset for days. She was terrified for me.

Quote Originally Posted by leevancleef View Post
    Yes, Ethel Skakel-Kennedy

NOVSTORM Guest
    Time to piss everyone off lol. I still have NO idea what the hell they convicted him on. Evidence from what? Hearsay from a drug addict, an excon and whatever other dregs of socitey they could muster up. I personally think the guy is a fat creep but 35
    yrs have passed. Where in the hell did they find proof that he did this?
    The mere fact that Ethel is his aunt should not have even been mentioned in court. That is unfair to him. What Teddy did is a whole nuther story. According to reports it wouldn't have been dark when JFK jr took of if the cocaine queen he married hadn't been late. It it pretty easy to blame someone because they are related to other people . Because he was an nephew by marriage to Teddy must make him guilty as hell? That is what is wrong with our justice system .You are guilty by association.
    So far all I have read is about the Kennedys and not word about the proof of his guilt? To be truthful there was no proof and there was no way he could ever get a fair trial anywhere. The media makes sure of that.
    And JFK sr was no saint either lol yet they make it sound like he was the 2nd coming of Christ. The man was a whore. He was a devout catholic that committed adultery 3 x 's a day and they bitched about Bill? roflmao
    I think Michael paid for the past sins of the Kennedys. I don't think the guy was smart enough to get away with a murder for 35 yrs.

Noelle Page Guest
    I think I recall reading that the Skakels were even richer and crazier than the Kennedys.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    I think I recall reading that the Skakels were even richer and crazier than the Kennedys.
    Yes, ETHEL' father (GEORGE I think) founded GREAT LAKES CARBON; Yes, they were wealthier than the KENNEDYS.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lulubaines View Post
    He got away with that murder for far too many years. He should rot in prison.

I totally agree with that statement! I hope he is making "friends" in jail. He got away with this crime for far too long.

As for marrying one of the Kennedy's I would have to say a loud HELL NO!!!

deathybrad Guest
    What a scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    Time to piss everyone off lol. I still have NO idea what the hell they convicted him on. Evidence from what? Hearsay from a drug addict, an excon and whatever other dregs of socitey they could muster up. I personally think the guy is a fat creep but 35
    The mere fact that Ethel is his aunt should not have even been mentioned in court. That is unfair to him. What Teddy did is a whole nuther story. According to reports it wouldn't have been dark when JFK jr took of if the cocaine queen he married hadn't been late. It it pretty easy to blame someone because they are related to other people . Because he was an nephew by marriage to Teddy must make him guilty as hell? That is what is wrong with our justice system .You are guilty by association.
    So far all I have read is about the Kennedys and not word about the proof of his guilt? To be truthful there was no proof and there was no way he could ever get a fair trial anywhere. The media makes sure of that.
    And JFK sr was no saint either lol yet they make it sound like he was the 2nd coming of Christ. The man was a whore. He was a devout catholic that committed adultery 3 x 's a day and they bitched about Bill? roflmao
    I think Michael paid for the past sins of the Kennedys. I don't think the guy was smart enough to get away with a murder for 35 yrs.
    Novstorm - While I respect your opinion (and do agree with some of it), my blatant dislike of all things Kennedy by far outweighs any agreement I have. Yes, I'm judgemental and petty, and no, I may not be a good person, but I truly loathe the Kennedys. Anything that can get them out of the limelight (be it jail, death, or whatever) is fine by me.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Dont believe for a minute that the Kennedys are or were devout Catholics! They may claim to be but they dont live the life which is what its about.

SquirrelNutZipper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by baroque1 View Post
    Dont believe for a minute that the Kennedys are or were devout Catholics! They may claim to be but they dont live the life which is what its about.
    Without a doubt. True stuff.

Joan Kennedy (TeddyBoy's ex) was found face down in a gutter at two in the morning so drunk she was incoherent.

A homeless woman "found her" - notified police and they were able to get Joan medical help.

Good Catholics don't take their mother to court to stop her from selling what is rightfully and legally hers. Joan (while in recovery) didn't like the way her children were treating her so she decided to sell property and jewelery and give the money away to anyone other than her ungrateful children. Her children attempted to stop her from doing this - remember, the Kennedy coffers ain't what they used to be. In the last hour, they family decided to seek an outside party to help resolve the dispute.

Good Catholics would have given the homeless woman who helped their mother in that situation a token of their appreciation. Truth be told the homeless woman received nothing. When the local reporters asked her if she received a reward she said "no" and that it was okay.

Those Kennedy's are some piece of work.

WendyK Guest
    Well..it had alot to do with his bragging and claiming to be a Kennedy that got his ass in some hot water..If you look into his multiple stories he was involved. I mean if Littleton the tutor was the the perp...Why the hell didn't they nark him out? What did they ( The Skakels ) have to lose? What about the note recieved by the Moxley's shortley after the murder? It implicates the Skakel boys or one of them in the group to last seen w/ Martha, I can almost bet money the author of the note was Franz Whitnee ( sp) the Skakels gardener.. I am still fascinated by this case!
    Last edited by WendyK; 08-13-2008 at 08:26 PM.

I remember there was a reporter on either FOX or MSDNC that was a dead ringer for Michael Skakel during the coverage of Skakel's trial. The reporter got a hairpiece and wore glasses after that.
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

WendyK Guest
    Did everyone know he and Tommy changed their stories when DNA came around?

haaaaaaaa - very diplomatic of you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lisalouver Guest
    Even though I already commented on this, I saw his name and right away I thought - that sloppy pig finally kicked the bucket!!!!!!!!!

deathybrad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnusDippytack View Post
    ...MSDNC...
    Tacky.

And how about Joe Kennedy who wanted a post-divorce annullment from his first wife so he could marry his seond wife in the Catholic church?

She contested it on the grounds that, since they had children together, how could he consider the marriage "invalid."

I just looked it up on Wikipedia. which said that the annullment was initially granted on the grounds of "mental deficiancy" (!) but it was overturned in 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
    I would never marry a Kennedy, get in a car with a Kennedy, a plane with a kennedy or live near one! Though I did think John Jr was handsome and may have been more evolved than the rest of his male relatives.
    yes,he was more evolved,because he was raised by Jackie.

She said something like no matter what you do in life you are still a failure if you do not raise your children properly.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by midnitelamp View Post
    yes,he was more evolved,because he was raised by Jackie.

She said something like no matter what you do in life you are still a failure if you do not raise your children properly.
    She might have raised JR well, but his sister is another story. Among many other things, her mother asked her before she died not to sell off her things. What did Caroline do? Auctioned off her things.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen_Death_Hag View Post
    I totally agree with that statement! I hope he is making "friends" in jail. He got away with this crime for far too long.

As for marrying one of the Kennedy's I would have to say a loud HELL NO!!!
    I agree totally on all above points made

pattykad Guest
    No offense but a Skakel is not a Kennedy. They really can't be blamed
    for someone's inlaws. Otherwise allot of us are in big trouble.

malaki Guest

Martha Moxley

Has anyone ever seen any death/crime scene pics of her??? if so please post...

Thanks

I did an unfiltered google image search and could only find her bloodstained clothing and her body covered by a sheet at the scene.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

knothere Guest
    ok i give who is she

Giada Guest
    LoL ...other's will know more than I . It would never have gotten this much attention if the case wasn't Kennedy related.

The murderer was Ethel Kennedy's nephew, (her brother's son), Michael Skakel. Skakel admitted in rehab he committed the crime and it took ...25 years? to bring him to trial.

RaRaRamona Guest

LOL Nice save

John Jr was not the president of the United States, Nov. Clinton cheated, put our country at risk, & lied to the American people & to the world. You can't compare that to a womanizer not in a political office.

Skakel admitted to ::ahem:: pleasuring himself in a tree outside her window that night. If you ask me he was afraid they'd found something so he felt he needed to cop to that at least. He did change his story, and I think they had plenty of evidence to convict him.

Quote Originally Posted by baroque1 View Post
    I agree! They pretend, just like they fake caring about anything & anyone but themselves. Devout Catholics, devout Christians, would never dream of doing 1/4 of the atrocious things these people have done...and continue to do.

Quote Originally Posted by pattykad View Post
    No offense but a Skakel is not a Kennedy. They really can't be blamed
    for someone's inlaws. Otherwise allot of us are in big trouble.
    But their families are joined. You can't deny that. They are one family.

Noelle Page Guest
    I think Michael paid for the past sins of the Kennedys. .
    I agree with that. Whether he did it or not, he did not get the full Kennedy rally. He seemed too much of an embarrassment.

What a cleverly phrased observation, Nov....

michael d Guest
    I thought this would come up as a thread with the case being looked at on 48 Hours. It will be interesting to see if they reopened the case. I know people on here have expressed a dislike / disgust for Michael Skakel. Its easy to see why, he's sweaty, heavy set and comes from a priviledged family. I still wouldn't be surprised if the case is re-opened. It seems like some of the information was distorted and even neglected.

Giada Guest
    Skakel was denied a new trial in October 2007, no new comments on the wiki site.

Has anyone read Mark Fuhrman's book on Skakel, Murder in Greenwich?
    Last edited by Giada; 08-30-2008 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Ref: wiki

BOBBY KENNEDY JR. still swears that his cousin is innocent of this crime !
    What assholes !
    MICHAEL SKAKEL is guilty as shit !

Murder victim MARTHA MOXLEY and (her) convicted murderer MICHAEL SKAKEL.
    Both photographs from circa 1975

MICHAEL in 2000

his 'Mug Shot'
    CHECK THIS OUT FOR A 'TIMELINE' OF THE EVENTS...........
    http://www.marthamoxley.com/timeline/index.htm
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !