Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Angel Melendez and Michael Alig

leeny994 Guest
    I just read The Last Party--which was about Studio 54 on up into the Club Kids days---interesting, Michael Alig is discussed at length---its a good read....

They have clips of the club kids on geraldo and i think joan rivers on you tube. Alot of different stuff on them.

bubbles2004 Guest
    My boss spent a summer as a "club kid" I found out about this when she saw that I had a copy of "Party Monster" with me (Amazing book!!)

She told me that Michael was so strung out that he wasn't as impressive as everyone said he was. She was into the scene for the music and costumes, not the drugs so she wasn't very impressed with Michael. She said he just walked around with a air of "I'm better than you" and she found that a huge turn off and avoided him at all costs.

She said James St. James was a fun person, drugs or no drugs, he was a blast. She showed me lots of pictures of the two of them

She said Keoki was overly sensitive. He once got booed off the stage because his DJ skills were so horrible. He turned around and started cussing out the crowd and threw a royal hissy fit.

The sad thing is when I asked about Angel she told me that the only reason she remembers him is because he got murdered. She said he was a very forgettable person. She said the only time she remembered him was when she was actually face to face with and once he would walk away, she would forget about him. She said he wasn't that original either. He wasn't the only one with big angel wings, but he was the one who got picked on because it was easy to do. I find that sad that he was such a easy to forget kind of person.

Basically the main thing she said about the whole thing was Michael wasn't as great as he is made out to be. She said he, and the whole club kid scene, has been glorified.

bluesma Guest
    Thanks BelleRain - found them... Excellent!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Interesting, Bubbles. I can see Angel being that kind of person. Sad. I can also see Michael as you described him. Things are very different & people seem so much different when you're using, too.

So, I'm sorry if this was asked already...was he released?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

leeny994 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    So, I'm sorry if this was asked already...was he released?
    he was denied parole in July and will not be eligible again until 2010

Cat lady in training Guest
    Even though I know it's wrong, the Deathhag in me wants to go to that party he's gonna throw once he gets released.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by deathhagicammie View Post
    Even though I know it's wrong, the Deathhag in me wants to go to that party he's gonna throw once he gets released.
    Ew not me - who knows what he'll do to his next victim.

smooches27 Guest
    IMO he's a self-centered, big headed tool, but like I said IMO. I love me sam St James James though. His book (Disco Bloodbath) rocked. Again IMO.

discod Guest
    Love him, loved the movie, loved the book.Give him his release he has done his ten years

MorbidMolly Guest
    I caught Party Monster a couple of nights ago on HBO and was blown away........I can`t believe no one won anything for that movie.....it was fan-fucking-tastic......I`ve always been fascinated with the case, but had never seen the movie......now I have GOT to get the book

leeny994 Guest
    he was up for a conditional release (my mistake) March 2010. But he received another ticket in prison for drug use SOOOOOOOO his new conditional release date is unknown i think. i will check some more.

I just read and watched Party Monster by James St. James-aka Disco Bloodbath. It was great.

leeny994 Guest
    so he is up for Parole, as per the Vine System--in July of this year. he received a 10-20 year sentence. SO if he is released he will have served 13 of the 20 maximum years. More than half. He would have served half had he not gotten the drug tickets etc inside.

And robert "freeze" riggs--who committed the murder with michael is set to be released on March 30th of this year.
    Last edited by leeny994; 03-15-2010 at 08:15 AM.

stacebabe Guest
    I love Disco Bloodbath -- I'm DYING to see what Mavis looks like (the only photo I can find, and believe me, I've tried, is her Klub Kid Kard with Freeze) and where she is now. James St. James is a hysterically funny writer, and I think the casting was spot on for the movie.

leeny994 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    I love Disco Bloodbath -- I'm DYING to see what Mavis looks like (the only photo I can find, and believe me, I've tried, is her Klub Kid Kard with Freeze) and where she is now. James St. James is a hysterically funny writer, and I think the casting was spot on for the movie.

I think the casting was brilliant in the movie. Caulkin was not as bad as I thought he would be. I think for other roles in the future he should try brown hair---it will separate him from Home Alone. Anyhoo....I wish the movie had portrayed Mavis more significantly. I know in the book James said she basically made a run for it when the drugs just got too much for her. And she was pretty strung out when that happened. Hopefully she found a nice natural store to manage somewhere and built her life back up.

leeny994 Guest
    I am a Dogwalker and Petsitter here in NYC. I walk one dog regularly and have 2 sometimes clients in Riverbank West where Michael lived and the murder took place. Nice building, lovely staff. However a couple of the longer term staff always have a different story to tell when it comes to the incidents but it always boils down to they unknowingly carried the body out with Alig. Sigh.

Bassetlover09 Guest
    I am wondering if he is out now...?

Jacksmum Guest

Thumbs down

As of todays date he is still in custody.

http://nysdocslookup.docs.state.ny.us/GCA00P00/WIQ3/WINQ130

Just type his first and last name.

Jacksmum Guest
    Here's another update.

Alig became eligible for parole in 2006. His first parole request, in November 2006, was denied, allegedly after parole officers watched the fictional movie based on Alig's life Party Monster, starring Macaulay Culkin.[1] He was again denied parole in July 2008. His next parole hearing date is in July 2012 and has his conditional release date set for November 30, 2013.

I told my lawyer he's better step it up or we would both end up on an episode of "SNAPPED"

http://www.michaelaligclubkids.com/freeze.htm

I thought this may be interesting to some. I thought it was. Its Freeze's written confession.

Never heard about this case, so I went to youtube, watched both the documentary and the movie and got the soundtrack from Napster (those are the moments I truly love the internet). I thought it was interesting that many of the people who commented on the youtube clips can't wait to see Michael back on the club scene. After watching/reading a few interviews with Alig, I also began to wonder if he's feeling any remorse or guilt for killing Angel

Quote Originally Posted by BelleRain View Post
    http://www.michaelaligclubkids.com/freeze.htm

I thought this may be interesting to some. I thought it was. Its Freeze's written confession.
    Nice read, thanks for posting. Whoever runs the website should stop using that shitty background image though.

Old Soul Guest
    That website is OLD! Old info old background old old old. They need to glam it up it is no longer an homage to the scene to have it that way blech..

I thought the same about the background. gave me a freakin headache LOL

ryanolivia Guest
    Any ideas where I might find a copy of Disco Bloodbath? I tried Amazon and it is listed at $295. Bummer they don't have a Kindle edition.

It was republished under the movie's name, "Party Monster." I got the original, "Disco Bloodbath," from my library. I don't know if there's any difference other than the cover and maybe the later one making reference to the movie, but Amazon has the reprint much cheaper AND on Kindle.

stacebabe Guest
    Just go to Amazon and order "Party Monster" it's the same book.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanolivia View Post
    Any ideas where I might find a copy of Disco Bloodbath? I tried Amazon and it is listed at $295. Bummer they don't have a Kindle edition.

really? i have a copy, maybe i should sell it?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanolivia View Post
    $295??? For that kind of money the James St. James better come to your house and read it to you.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

discod Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkDoll View Post
    really? i have a copy, maybe i should sell it?

oooo let me know if you do,they are currently going for around hundered dollars on ebay.Yes its the same book as Party Monster but Disco Bloodbath is now considered a collecters item and I would love a copy

HollyGrace Guest

Angel Melendez and Michael Alig

Hey guys! What do you think about the Club Kid murder? The movie was pretty good, also, what do you guys think of Michael Alig?

stacebabe Guest
    There's actually another thread on this:

http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...t=Michael+Alig

Thanks, Stacebabe!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by HollyGrace View Post
    Hey guys! What do you think about the Club Kid murder? The movie was pretty good, also, what do you guys think of Michael Alig?
    I liked the movie a lot. Alig is a bit cocky for me though. I remember being fascinated with the club kids when I saw them on Geraldo and my friends and I had our own little version. We weren't as crazy but we dressed up and went to a club, took over the raised blocks and stage to dance on, etc... It was fun because sometimes on the street people would recognize us and we'd hear "oh! They're from First Ave.!" My look, of course was a 50s look. I had lots of vintage dresses, more like 50s housewife ones, and I had fancy gloves that matched all my outfits. I wore short gloves with everything. I still have a pair left that I wore to club this winter. They are red satin and I wore them with my cherry print pin up dress. I guess I still like to dress up like that, just not as often.
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 07-22-2011 at 02:52 AM.

HollyGrace Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I liked the movie a lot. Alig is a bit cocky for me though. I remember being fascinated with the club kids when I saw them on Geraldo and my friends and I had our own little version. We weren't as crazy but we dressed up and went to a club, took over the raised blocks and stage to dance on, etc... It was fun because sometimes on the street people would recognize us and we'd hear "oh! They're from First Ave.!" My look, of course was a 50s look. I had lots of vintage dresses, more like 50s housewife ones, and I had fancy gloves that matched all my outfits. I wore short gloves with everything. I still have a pair left that I wore to club this winter. They are red satin and I wore them with my cherry print pin up dress. I guess I still like to dress up like that, just not as often.
    Thanks for replying! Did you ever meet Michael Alig? What made him cocky?

I was too young when all this started. I wish it was going on when I was in my twenties. I would love love love to dress up like that and hit the clubs. It all looked like so much fun, all except the major drugging.

So I guess this guy is still in the pokey?

Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    So I guess this guy is still in the pokey?

From wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Alig

Alig became eligible for parole in 2006. His first parole request, in November 2006, was denied, allegedly after parole officers watched the fictional movie based on Alig's life Party Monster, starring Macaulay Culkin. He was again denied parole in July 2008. His next parole hearing date is in July 2012 and has his conditional release date set for November 30, 2013.

John Trim On Face Book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bump. This story is on the ID channel right now. I completely forgotten about it.

Quote Originally Posted by John Trim View Post

From wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Alig

Alig became eligible for parole in 2006. His first parole request, in November 2006, was denied, allegedly after parole officers watched the fictional movie based on Alig's life Party Monster, starring Macaulay Culkin. He was again denied parole in July 2008. His next parole hearing date is in July 2012 and has his conditional release date set for November 30, 2013.

Apparently his release date has been changed to November 30, 2016. So it looks like he is still locked up.
    John Trim On Face Book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by John Trim View Post
    Apparently his release date has been changed to November 30, 2016. So it looks like he is still locked up.
    Thanks for that info. I was wondering about that. I wonder if he will hit up the club scene again and try and revive the club, or will he just sort of try and blend in?

"All Tomorrow's Parties".....VU....'67....

radiojane Guest
    I'm going to have to look for that movie. I'm too young for all this, I had to google Alig.

ktkatinmn Guest
    Housing Releasing FacilityCOXSACKIE <<< This makes me laugh...I'm just sayin'.

^ is a grab from a post on page 1 regarding his prison update.

I am familiar with this story, but have never gotten too in depth. Have not read any books or watched any docus or movies - I kicked up a story on crimelibrary. I have my own stories from that era, but even in my deep shit, these kids seemed like train wrecks waiting to happen...IMO.

I have got to watch the movie. I have considered getting the book. Not sure if I would enjoy it if the movie is based on it.

markasey Guest
    I loved the movie and book, but cannot stand the real Michael-- who is on Twitter now! https://twitter.com/Alig_Aligula I think he really thinks he'll be a big star when he gets out. I hope he is totally ignored on the outside for the rest of his life. Or does drugs on parole and gets thrown right back in jail

endsleigh03 Guest
    How is it that Michael Alig is on Twitter? I didn't know prisoners were allowed that. Also, the person running the Michael Alig website says he wants visitors and to email him to schedule a visit to Michael http://blog.michaelaligblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    How is it that Michael Alig is on Twitter? I didn't know prisoners were allowed that. Also, the person running the Michael Alig website says he wants visitors and to email him to schedule a visit to Michael http://blog.michaelaligblog.com/
    I am guessing that his Twitter is done by someone on the outside and he gets messages though visits and snail mail.
    John Trim On Face Book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]