Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coronation Street

bunny Guest

Coronation Street

is there any Corry street lovers out there? I just started watching it about 3 years ago...

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Nope, sorry. I'm an Eastenders girl

Tugboat25 Guest
    Aren't some of the sets on Coronation St. supposed to be haunted?
    Particularly the bar area. Supposedly some of the old time cast members who have passed on, may have stayed around.

bunny Guest
    Oh I have never seen the Eastenders...we dont get it out here in the West damn it! hahah

Glamrock Princess Guest
    I'm a corrie fan. About to watch a episode now

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    Aren't some of the sets on Coronation St. supposed to be haunted?
    Particularly the bar area. Supposedly some of the old time cast members who have passed on, may have stayed around.

Yes, I think I read about that. It might be a restaurant or pub set I think.

I have never seen Coronation Street,but I have read very good reviews about it. Plus, I think a couple of my favorite U.K. actors were on there at some time.

Right now I am watching 'Hotel Babylon'

bunny Guest
    OHHHHH a fan coollllll...
    but here in Canada we are about 2 months behind!
    and with the world games we wont see it for about 2 weeks...
    I have to say when they killed off Charlie I was so mad...he was so hot...evil but HOT hahah

Is that your greyhound? what a great looking dog!!!!

Glamrock Princess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bunny View Post
    OHHHHH a fan coollllll...
    but here in Canada we are about 2 months behind!
    and with the world games we wont see it for about 2 weeks...
    I have to say when they killed off Charlie I was so mad...he was so hot...evil but HOT hahah

Is that your greyhound? what a great looking dog!!!!
    Thanks, yes he is mine. He is a handsome boy.

Glamrock Princess Guest
    I love your avatar btw

bunny Guest
    what is his name? he looks so nice! as you know from here I am a TOTAL animal lover hahah

Glamrock Princess Guest
    what is his name? he looks so nice! as you know from here I am a TOTAL animal lover hahah
    His name is Yogi

OMG FINALLY A DECENT THREAD!!!!!!!!!! yes yes yes i adore coro street and i'm presently going thru WITHDRAWALS because of these silly olympics! two weeks, and get this: new zealand is a whole year behind! lmao!!!!! (puts in dime, takes out A LIFE) lolol
    Last edited by hell0kitty; 08-20-2008 at 02:19 PM.
    pull the string!

Glamrock Princess Guest
    Thank god Vera's engagement ring was found, and Jed Stone was Minnie Caldwell's lodger if memory serves me correctly.
    Last edited by Glamrock Princess; 08-20-2008 at 02:21 PM. Reason: wrong info

bunny Guest
    NOOOO dont tell me hahah remember here in Canada we are way behind you...hahahah
    I have to say that, that David needs his ass kicked...we just seen Sarahs wedding (that is how far we are behind you)

holy cow bunny! that is even more far behind than us! you know coro street has been around for about fifty years. ken started out as a teenager! lol
    pull the string!

bunny Guest
    I sometimes go on line and read ahead hahahh ...I just love that show, maybe cause it moves so fast...
    and like I said the first one I watched was the one where Charlie was getting married and she (damn what was her name) said NO when the minister asked if they do...

MY god that man was hot hahaha evil but hot hahah

yah, charlie lent some pizazz to the show. i read somewhere that he is in real life, a relatively quiet man, omg wait til you see what happens! lol don't cheat! lolol
    pull the string!

bunny Guest
    damn ...I was going to go on and check it out hahaahh
    I have to say that story line with Jamie and Frankie was just wrong...ICK
    SOOOO what happens with that little dink David

beatlebaby4 Guest
    My sister is a huge Corrie fan as was my Granny (we are Scottish on my Mom's side). She never misses a show. She went to England 15 years ago and visited the set. Yes the set is haunted. The show Most Haunted actually did an episode on it. I think it was a bar set and a green room and maybe another area. I never got into it. I started watching Eastenders in 1987 when I had just had my first daughter. And have watched ever since. Watched the first episode to now, although we are 2 1/2 years behind . I watch it on BBCC

bunny Guest
    Oh that is wild to visit the set...OK that is it I am going there hahahaha

Overtaxed Guest
    Ok, I admit this is a VERY dumb question...I been reading about Coronation Street for years, seen threads on FAD and Find a Grave..what is it? Also are the people on listed on Scott's thread the real actors or characters? I'm too old to be this confused and in the dark!

Glamrock Princess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by beatlebaby4 View Post
    My sister is a huge Corrie fan as was my Granny (we are Scottish on my Mom's side). She never misses a show. She went to England 15 years ago and visited the set. Yes the set is haunted. The show Most Haunted actually did an episode on it. I think it was a bar set and a green room and maybe another area. I never got into it. I started watching Eastenders in 1987 when I had just had my first daughter. And have watched ever since. Watched the first episode to now, although we are 2 1/2 years behind . I watch it on BBCC
    I read somewhere that it was the ghost of Pat Phoenix who played Elsie Tanner in the show.

Glamrock Princess Guest
    NOOOO dont tell me hahah remember here in Canada we are way behind you...hahahah
    I have to say that, that David needs his ass kicked...we just seen Sarahs wedding (that is how far we are behind you)

Sorry

I did a post of another forum that I belong to about EastEnders, I didnt say anything about the plot, but someone from the US got the right hump, so sorry I wont spoil it for you. Anything that I do on myspace about Lost of EastEnders, I always put a prefix of WARNING, MAJOR SPOILERS ETC before my actual post, except for this one, so I hope I haven't given to much of the game away.

You are gonna have to wait to see if that little sht David gets his ass whooped, tee hee.

hehehe there's your charlie! heheheh
    pull the string!

Glamrock Princess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    Ok, I admit this is a VERY dumb question...I been reading about Coronation Street for years, seen threads on FAD and Find a Grave..what is it? Also are the people on listed on Scott's thread the real actors or characters? I'm too old to be this confused and in the dark!

Coronation Street is a British Soap Opera and has been running since 1960. The only surviving original character is Ken Barlow. Its set in a fictional town called Weatherfield which is based in the North of England similar to Manchester.

The set used to open to visitors as part of a day trip to Granada studios, but the tour stopped in 1998 ish when Underworld, Roy's Rolls and the Taxi Rank were included on the outside set. Filming also increased to 3 shows a week. Shame, because I visited it once in 1990 and it was brilliant. The houses look very small, like toy town, it was the best part of the tour.

A lot of famous people have passed over the famous cobbled streets over the years, including The Queen, actor Sir Ian McKellen and singer Davy Jones who played Ena Sharples Grandson.
    Last edited by Glamrock Princess; 08-21-2008 at 03:27 AM.

TrueBlueAngel Guest
    I'm an Eastenders girl too (do we need a thread on that too ). Lost interest in Corrie years ago.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamrock Princess View Post
    I read somewhere that it was the ghost of Pat Phoenix who played Elsie Tanner in the show.
    Yeah, I heard it was an actress that worked on the show until her death, that is doing the haunting as well as a boy. Maybe someone else too, sorry I can't remember

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueAngel View Post
    I'm an Eastenders girl too (do we need a thread on that too ). Lost interest in Corrie years ago.
    Oh yeah!!! My kinda gal

I thought this finished a decade or two ago. They started it up again?
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Glamrock Princess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    I thought this finished a decade or two ago. They started it up again?
    Its been running for nearly 48 years, nearly as old as me

Glamrock Princess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueAngel View Post
    I like EastEnders as well

bunny Guest
    OHHHHH man thanks for the pic of Bill Ward (Charlie) made my day hahahah

we dont get the Eastenders in Vancouver damn it!!!! is it good?

Glamrock Princess Guest
    Its good, but not as good as it used to be.

bunny Guest
    I have to say I love that greyhound pic...what a doll....

sorry back to C street...what happens with Gail? anything good?? I dont trust Jacks grandson...

is there any Corry street lovers out there? I just started watching it about 3 years ago...
    I love Coronation Street but as you know we here in Canada
    have to wait for the Olympics to be over to get our fix.

Also like the Eastenders too but it seems to come on just
    once a week where I live.

bunny Guest
    I know I cant wait for those damn Olympics to be over hahahh...

where are you to get the Eastenders...I am in BC..

I live in London Ont. But I watch The Eastenders from
    A channel out of Erie Pennsylvania. If comes on late
    Sunday night.

I've watched it all my life (44 yrs), my mom watched it when we lived in England and I have been hooked my whole life!

That picture doesn't do Charlie justice!

bunny Guest
    Oh this is a cool thread...
    Ok let see some great pics of Charlie...anyone have some good ones?

bunny Guest
    Ok guys I am still waiting for pics of Charlie...

I see the man who created the show-Tony Warren MBE (1936-2016)
    Has died.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

I used to love the show, but when characters like Hilda Ogden and Bet Lynch left I lost interest. RIP Tony.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I see Coronation Street has ended filming because of
    the corona virus.
    First time since 1960.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    I see Coronation Street has ended filming because of
    the corona virus.
    First time since 1960.
    All the soaps have stopped.

Watching some old episodes with Katherine Kelly who played Becky. Just watched her in the second series of Liar. Amazingly talented actress.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Watching some old episodes with Katherine Kelly who played Becky. Just watched her in the second series of Liar. Amazingly talented actress.
    Very true, I so enjoy all the old episodes on DVD or the one's
    on Youtube.

A happy 60th Anniversary this week.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    A happy 60th Anniversary this week.
    Funny thing is apart from a special episode on ITV, there hasn't really been much mention of it here in the UK from what I have seen. I'm not a fan personally but a show lasting 60 years is a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    Funny thing is apart from a special episode on ITV, there hasn't really been much mention of it here in the UK from what I have seen. I'm not a fan personally but a show lasting 60 years is a big deal.
    So very true, here in Canada where it was big almost nothing is said about
    the 60th Anniversary.

Sad to hear about the death of Mark Eden(1928-2021) who played the
    part of Alan Bradley on the show from(1986-1989)
    He was also the real life husband of Sue Nicholls on the show who still plays the
    part of Audrey Roberts.