Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Selena aka Subpoena

i wonder if they disinterr subpoena, if she'll be incorrupt like the saints??? hmmm
    pull the string!

Guest Guest
    can someone please explain to me, why her father had the right to deny her a blood transfusion? I know that they were Jehovah's witnesses, but she was MARRIED, her husband should have been the one calling the shots, and why isn't Chris in charge of her image, name and everything else? I something happens to me, my husband receives everything, not my mom and dad.

kelbons Guest
    I was digging through my doll totes yesterday trying to find the Chewbacca for my daughter to put in her room... found my Selena "Barbie" from right after she died... the box said 1996, but I probably got it on eBay around '98-'99. Jesus, they didn't waste too much time cashing in on her! And the kicker? There's an offer on the back of the box to send in for a photo... "in memory" of Selena... send it to Q Productions.

I took a pic to post, but it's still on my camera....

sheri Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Rabbit View Post
    can someone please explain to me, why her father had the right to deny her a blood transfusion? I know that they were Jehovah's witnesses, but she was MARRIED, her husband should have been the one calling the shots, and why isn't Chris in charge of her image, name and everything else? I something happens to me, my husband receives everything, not my mom and dad.
    They weren't Jehovahs Witnesses, only associated, and were studying with. Big difference. As for her dad refusing it instead of Chris, who knows other than...oh man I had a thought and lost it. Suffice it to say her dad was/still is a jerk. Besides, Chris has since moved on with his life, and it doesn't sound like the Quintanillas are any part of it. At least from what I have read, Chris isn't cashing in on Selena's memory, unlike that jerk of a thing called Abraham Quintanilla.

I'm pretty sure the father was in charge (some way) with the marriage too. If Chris were entitled to anything, Selena's Dad muscled him out of it, or paid him a small cut to go away.

I'm glad he's moved on and I'm pretty sure relieved to not be a part of that family anymore.
    Last edited by Aries65; 05-19-2008 at 08:30 AM.

WendyK Guest
    I would NEVER deny one of my daughter's the right to live.This is the first I have heard about her dad refusing her a transfusion.WTF? That is crazy.

Guest Guest
    That just totally blows my mind. My husband's uncle was a witness and his daughter needed blood or she was going to die, the leaders of his church told him he would be excommunicated if he did..... he basically said "screw you and your beliefs", and gave his child what she needed and now she is a 20 something living a good life. Same could have been for Selena

Guest Guest
    I am still wondering about the pics of her, I thought there were 6? I only saw 4

Reminds of the parents of the diabetic girl. They seem to have the attitude of "It's ok God will take care of her."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

ksol Guest
    Well turns out the brother is just as shady as the dad. They had interviews with diffrent artist in the spanish channel and not one of them had anything nice to say about them.

crazedfemale Guest
    I was involved in the Jehovah's Witnesses for many years, and that's a big part of their doctrine. No blood. They even have hospital liasion committees who come into the hospital to fight out disputes. I left the cult in the early 1990's, never looking back!

coleysabusybabe Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SEL2323 View Post
    the thing about the Selena photo's is that her family could just come upon them in a search and they are still pretty scarred by this. from what i can tell, so i guess i can understand them taking them down whenever possible. plus they were taken illegally as well and they had court orders keeping them from the public. but i agree they could be a little nicer about asking people to take them down. instead of sueing everybody - just ask nicely im sure nobody would mind taking them down when asked nicely by the family. its when the law gets involved that it gets pretty stupid!
    Acutually the autopsy photos were typical photos taken for the coroner's inquest. The family requested no autopsy be performed, so the coroner had to have the photos to come to the conclusion as to the trejectory of the bullet.

As far as being nice about asking to take the photos down, they basically told Scott to take the photos down and remit any money that he made from the posting of the photos. There are no Texas court records stating that the photos were to be kept confidential. The family basically doesn't want anyone gaining financially from her image, name, or brand.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by coleysabusybabe View Post
    Acutually the autopsy photos were typical photos taken for the coroner's inquest. The family requested no autopsy be performed, so the coroner had to have the photos to come to the conclusion as to the trejectory of the bullet.

As far as being nice about asking to take the photos down, they basically told Scott to take the photos down and remit any money that he made from the posting of the photos. There are no Texas court records stating that the photos were to be kept confidential. The family basically doesn't want anyone gaining financially from her image, name, or brand.
    I do not know for sure as Selena is not one that I have followed, but an autopsy is required in every homicide, no matter what the family wants. It is a law.

Scott could have in all liklihood left the pictures up, those pictures do not belong to her family. They belong to the Medical Examiners Office.

coleysabusybabe Guest
    I know the answer to this one!!!

If a spouse isn't practicing or studying the Jehovah's Witnesses doctrine, he is not entitled to make the decision to preserve her life through artificial means (and the consider blood transfusions artificial means). If the husband had really REALLY fought and been dirty about it, he could have brought up the fact that he wasn't a practicing Jehovah's Witness and she was, therefore she could have been excommunicated and he could have given authorization for the blood transfusion. In the witness way of life the husband is the ruler of the roost, however if he doesn't practice/study, the next closest male relative (father) is entitled to make those medical decisions.

As far as the husband owning her image and name, the father already had the contractual obligations stating him as her manager and in the event of her death, the beneficiary of her estate, image and name. Chris wouldnt have had a legal leg to stand on.
    Last edited by coleysabusybabe; 05-20-2008 at 07:24 PM. Reason: To add to answer

coleysabusybabe Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    I do not know for sure as Selena is not one that I have followed, but an autopsy is required in every homicide, no matter what the family wants. It is a law.

Scott could have in all liklihood left the pictures up, those pictures do not belong to her family. They belong to the Medical Examiners Office.
    An autopsy is only required if the manner of death is not certain....such as drug overdose, poisioning or other uncertain methods are present. With Yoyo's confession of shooting her and the obvious entry and exit wound, the family could have requested no autopsy be performed.

Or at least in the great state of Georgia that's the way it is.

lisalouver Guest
    An autopsy is only required if the manner of death is not certain....such as drug overdose, poisioning or other uncertain methods are present. With Yoyo's confession of shooting her and the obvious entry and exit wound, the family could have requested no autopsy be performed.

Or at least in the great state of Georgia that's the way it is.
    I am a death investigator here in Minnesota and I have a good friend who is one in Atlanta.

An autopsy is ALWAYS required in a homicide. Always, always, always.

The reason for an autopsy is not just to determine cause and manner of death, but to document injuries and take toxicology and sexual assault kits as well.

And manner of death would not be drug overdose, poisioning, etc. That is cause of death.

There are only 5 manner of death catagories, homicide, suicide, accident, natural and the rarely used undetermined.

So yea, Selena would have had an autopsy. Once deceased, that body is the property of the Medical Examiners Office until the ME can determine what to do with it. Her family (or any homicide victims family) has no say in the matter.

coleysabusybabe Guest
    I am a death investigator here in Minnesota and I have a good friend who is one in Atlanta.

An autopsy is ALWAYS required in a homicide. Always, always, always.

The reason for an autopsy is not just to determine cause and manner of death, but to document injuries and take toxicology and sexual assault kits as well.

And manner of death would not be drug overdose, poisioning, etc. That is cause of death.

There are only 5 manner of death catagories, homicide, suicide, accident, natural and the rarely used undetermined.

So yea, Selena would have had an autopsy. Once deceased, that body is the property of the Medical Examiners Office until the ME can determine what to do with it. Her family (or any homicide victims family) has no say in the matter.
    Wow...thanks for correcting me. I was under the impression that a family could request an autopsy not be performed if it was known how the decesased died. But impressions aren't everything...

lisalouver Guest
    Wow...thanks for correcting me. I was under the impression that a family could request an autopsy not be performed if it was known how the decesased died. But impressions aren't everything...
    You are welcome.

However, I will say in HotLanta the particular county that my friend works for (not naming names!) runs rather shoddily!

Somewhere twixt San Antonio & Corpus Christi
    Which brings me to a question I have been pondering. Regarding autopsy photos and all things related, and please forgive me if this comes across as, I dunno simplistic, but this stuff with Selena and Earnhardt, why are these things not a matter of public record? I mean one way or another, do not we the people of our various states foot the bill for ME's, autopsies and the like? I have a very difficult time trying to make myself understood because I write like crap, but while it seems to me the state can and probably does have rules or guidelines as to what an individual can and cannot do regarding such things as autopsies and accompanying photos, as taxpayers, should we not have the right to view such things if that is our wont? Or am I just being moronically simple-minded about this?

Regarding Selena fans, you should see what takes place down here every year on the anniversary of her demise. I swear one would think it was the Second Coming.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima Sikfuk View Post
    Which brings me to a question I have been pondering. Regarding autopsy photos and all things related, and please forgive me if this comes across as, I dunno simplistic, but this stuff with Selena and Earnhardt, why are these things not a matter of public record? I mean one way or another, do not we the people of our various states foot the bill for ME's, autopsies and the like? I have a very difficult time trying to make myself understood because I write like crap, but while it seems to me the state can and probably does have rules or guidelines as to what an individual can and cannot do regarding such things as autopsies and accompanying photos, as taxpayers, should we not have the right to view such things if that is our wont? Or am I just being moronically simple-minded about this?

Regarding Selena fans, you should see what takes place down here every year on the anniversary of her demise. I swear one would think it was the Second Coming.
    Great question, actually.

Some states (and FLA is one) allow family members access to autopsy photos. No one else though. I mean not the actual Joe off the street.

I liken it to police reports. While most police reports are public knowlege, the ones that we are able to get are the "public only" copies. Nowadays, police write out a shortened report that the public can have access to. The other one is only for police dept eyes.

Autopsy reports are private also. At our office, the only one who can get a copy of the actual report is the Next of kin (and no other family members). They still have to pay for it too. And never under any circumstances are they allowed to view the pictures.

Police crime scene photos are different. At a homicide for example, we (the ME office) take our own photos and crime lab for the police take their own. I believe that family members are allowed to see the police photos if they request.

As for why pictures are not made available to the public, I would have to say it is for a few reasons, privacy (a lot of people are naked), evidence reasons (a lot of our cases go to court or will eventually), and the ick factor. Not to mention the amount of staff we would have to have with us to answer all the requests and print all the pictures!

And LOL on the second coming, I bet it's a hoot down there!

Guest Guest
    I just went to the website for her and did the math...the last major donation from her foundation was made back in 06' but all total only around 140k has been donated...all of the funds collected it states all proceeds go to her foundation so are we to believe that they have only collected 140k??? I call bullshit!

Somewhere twixt San Antonio & Corpus Christi
    Great question, actually.

Some states (and FLA is one) allow family members access to autopsy photos. No one else though. I mean not the actual Joe off the street.

I liken it to police reports. While most police reports are public knowlege, the ones that we are able to get are the "public only" copies. Nowadays, police write out a shortened report that the public can have access to. The other one is only for police dept eyes.

Autopsy reports are private also. At our office, the only one who can get a copy of the actual report is the Next of kin (and no other family members). They still have to pay for it too. And never under any circumstances are they allowed to view the pictures.

Police crime scene photos are different. At a homicide for example, we (the ME office) take our own photos and crime lab for the police take their own. I believe that family members are allowed to see the police photos if they request.

As for why pictures are not made available to the public, I would have to say it is for a few reasons, privacy (a lot of people are naked), evidence reasons (a lot of our cases go to court or will eventually), and the ick factor. Not to mention the amount of staff we would have to have with us to answer all the requests and print all the pictures!

And LOL on the second coming, I bet it's a hoot down there!
    Thank you for answering (and understanding) my question. Very much appreciated. Hey I just realized that I am no longer a "Junior" Death Hag! Hooray me!

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima Sikfuk View Post
    Thank you for answering (and understanding) my question. Very much appreciated. Hey I just realized that I am no longer a "Junior" Death Hag! Hooray me!
    You are more then welcome!

Guest Guest
    I know the answer to this one!!!

If a spouse isn't practicing or studying the Jehovah's Witnesses doctrine, he is not entitled to make the decision to preserve her life through artificial means (and the consider blood transfusions artificial means). If the husband had really REALLY fought and been dirty about it, he could have brought up the fact that he wasn't a practicing Jehovah's Witness and she was, therefore she could have been excommunicated and he could have given authorization for the blood transfusion. In the witness way of life the husband is the ruler of the roost, however if he doesn't practice/study, the next closest male relative (father) is entitled to make those medical decisions.

As far as the husband owning her image and name, the father already had the contractual obligations stating him as her manager and in the event of her death, the beneficiary of her estate, image and name. Chris wouldnt have had a legal leg to stand on.

Thanks for answering my question...... If that is the case...the hospital, would recognize her father as the decision maker instead of Chris still? Why would the hospital care about what anyone else wants, if her husband makes the call or do they put pressure on people (witnesses)? I can understand her dad being her manager, but it still seems sad that she had to die.

Guest Guest
    aren't all autospy pic public record? I could have sworn I read that somewhere. (hold on- checking something)........................................In my state all I have to do is pay a fee for anyone's autospy report. It's considered public record.

lisalouver Guest
    aren't all autospy pic public record? I could have sworn I read that somewhere. (hold on- checking something)........................................In my state all I have to do is pay a fee for anyone's autospy report. It's considered public record.
    I'm not sure what state you live in, but pictures are never public record unless you are the next of kin and that is only in a few states (FLA being one of them I can think of offhand).

If it is a homicide, the pics are never public to the family until the trial is over.

Autopsy reports vary from state to state. However, in the new days of privacy and HIPPA laws, you would be hard pressed to get the real autopsy report of someone you are not related to.

You can get pieces of some of them, but most states have a "public" report and then the "real" report, just like police reports.

A lot of states you can get death certificates of anyone and in some, you have to be family.

My best friends father was murdered here in this state in the 1970's and I tried to get his information for her (it was a bit hard on her still and she was only a child when it happened) and they would not give it to me and I work for a neighboring county!

She had to call, sign many forms and was given the report. Never was she given the pictures. This was just in the last year.

Guest Guest
    my grandmother has the pictures of my uncle and his autopsy report. He was a suicide, she had to get them through her lawyer though for a wrongful death suit.

lisalouver Guest
    my grandmother has the pictures of my uncle and his autopsy report. He was a suicide, she had to get them through her lawyer though for a wrongful death suit.
    I'm not sure if your Uncle was married or had chidren, but if not, she would be his next of kin. And next of kin are always entitled to the autopsy report. Most suicides are not autopsied, although in some offices they are.

Like I said in some states, next of kin are entitled to the pictures (FLA) but in most they are not.

ME offices are sued all the time by families to get the pictures and rarely win.

Your grandmother could also have gotten the pictures through the police department as they usually cave to lawyers.

Guest Guest
    Maybe.... but she is suing the police department too (lol). We all told her throw them out, but she's a death hag too. She even has the video of them trying to save my uncle..... sad and very interesting at the same time (I'm not sure if that's a normal way to feel, but I do)

lisalouver Guest
    Maybe.... but she is suing the police department too (lol). We all told her throw them out, but she's a death hag too. She even has the video of them trying to save my uncle..... sad and very interesting at the same time (I'm not sure if that's a normal way to feel, but I do)
    A death hag granny, that's great!

I guess just because I work in it, I would want the pictures of my loved one at the death scene, but I personally would not want my own loved ones autopsy pics.

Guest Guest
    She has the sweaters that my aunt and cousin were wearing when then died too (car accident), but my uncle had them cleaned before he gave them to her (same uncle that killed himself - was a detective, so they gave them to him). I guess it runs in the family

lisalouver Guest
    She has the sweaters that my aunt and cousin were wearing when then died too (car accident), but my uncle had them cleaned before he gave them to her (same uncle that killed himself - was a detective, so they gave them to him). I guess it runs in the family
    I know my Dad is a gawker at all car accidents and crap like that, course he was in the Korean war too, so I guess that stuff probably does run in families!

Guest Guest
    lol........yeah, my mom, and younger sis are death hags too, but I'm the most extreme. I'm waiting to get into Mortuary science courses and EVERYONE is giving me a hard time about it. I've wanted to do this since I was a kid, but now that I'm older and am working toward actually doing it, they are all freaked

coleysabusybabe Guest
    You are welcome.

However, I will say in HotLanta the particular county that my friend works for (not naming names!) runs rather shoddily!
    No need to name county names...they are all run pretty shoddily! My mother died of an overdose and it took almost 5 months to get the toxicology reports.

lisalouver Guest
    No need to name county names...they are all run pretty shoddily! My mother died of an overdose and it took almost 5 months to get the toxicology reports.
    My condolances on the loss of your mother.

I am glad I am not alone in my thoughts on GA!

ozzysmom Guest
    I recently viewed the photos of Selena in her casket. I must say, those pics broke my heart. She was so beautiful in life and in death. I've never seen anybody look so beautiful in death.

crazedfemale Guest
    Most Jehovah's Witnesses carry a blood card - which is a legal document telling emergency personnel they won't accept blood transfusions. I never carried mine!

kelbons Guest

Guest Guest
    "I've never seen anybody look so beautiful in death."
    me neither.

lisalouver Guest
    It must just be me because I thought Selena looked very swollen and like her chest was inflated in the casket.

annannanna Guest
    It must just be me because I thought Selena looked very swollen and like her chest was inflated in the casket.
    It could be soulderpads. Lots of ppl get squished into caskets or the pillows in the caskets make them look odd.

42. 05-28-2008, 10:38 PM

very beautiful, yes...
    pull the string!

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by annannanna View Post
    It could be soulderpads. Lots of ppl get squished into caskets or the pillows in the caskets make them look odd.
    I tend to think she was edematous.

sunshine74137 Guest
    What is that?

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine74137 View Post
    What is that?
    LOL, sorry

Swollen.

I know the rate of decomposition is different for every case depending on above ground or below burial, weather conditions, etc.
    But I hate to admit I do wonder how she looks after more than a decade underground.
    I can't be the only one.
    ??If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.? - Michael Jackson

Guest Guest
    does anyone know how many albums came out after she died? 24!!!

does anyone know how many albums came out after she died? 24!!!

good grief.

i just went to the q productions website, and the home page is pretty much "buy selena stuff", i find that a bit, tasteless. i don't know...
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

annannanna Guest
    where do you work Lisa?

Guest Guest
    Lisa is a ME in Minneapolis (if I remember correctly)