Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112 LastLast

Thread: Selena aka Subpoena

MetalHeadBettie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    ^^ google image search "selena autopsy" it's the first result.
    How the beep did I miss that??? Thank you, Beep....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ouattara View Post
    I think that the book was called "El secreto de Sel***". I remember last year I was looking for books about her in the Internet and I found a description about that book.
    About the video, I also saw it.
    Your siggy made me laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quote Originally Posted by Ouattara View Post
    I think that the book was called "El secreto de Sel***". I remember last year I was looking for books about her in the Internet and I found a description about that book.
    About the video, I also saw it.
    Yeah, that's it. It was a terrible book. The woman who wrote it was a journalist for Univision or some other Spanish language station and she basically just talked about herself through the whole book.
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

Selena the movie is on lifetime. Bodyguard is on after yay! Lol

pixiepereira Guest
    Here is a video of her family being interviewed by People en EspaƱol - has some nice clips of the museum.
    Has anyone ever been? It's awesome...

http://www.peopleenespanol.com/artic...mpre-recordada

Gone 17 years today

Hard to believe it's been 17 years. I remember when I heard the news....I was sitting at home from school watching Days of Our Lives.

RIP Selena.

luckyinlove Guest
    Investigation Discovery (love that channel) just aired an episode about the death of Selena on a new show called Reel Crime/Real Story It was really good and interesting, set up your DVR to catch it!

[QUOTE=darkdistiller;1270784]Hello,
    You know since her death happened, I remember hearing this. I remember hearing a lot of speculation that they did get her to the hospital with a good chance of patching her up but due to her family's religious views the procedures to save her life could not be taken.{?QUOTE}

You know, if that is true, that Selena COULD have been saved, then her family not only condemned her to sure death, they ensured that Yolanda Saldivar would be a murderess. One hears of half-successful attempted killers who go to court to prevent their victims being taken off life support to keep the charges from turning to murder. Too bad Yolanda spent all those hours in her car blubbering; maybe if she had turned herself in immediately, her lawyer could have tried to get a court order to force a transfusion on Selena, assuming it wasn't already way too late.
    Last edited by Linnie; 06-07-2012 at 05:08 PM.

I believe somewhere in this thread it states that she DID in fact have blood transfusion's, but she was already too far gone by the time it happened. I think her husband Chris had the POA over her and allowed the transfusions to take place, but she had already lost so much blood it didn't help.

I think we can point fingers and wonder WHY all we want (I have), but it is what it is and it was her time. I mean who would think that a person who gets shot in the shoulder would die and people like 50 Cent and others can get shot like 30 times or in the head and make it. It's just sad...
    My Posse's On Broadway

Mammy Guest
    Isn't it heartwarming to know that Yolanda is being kept in solitary confinement out of fear for her safety? We wouldn't want someone to attack her from behind as she is terrified and trying desperately to get away now would we? <heavy sarcasm>

deathhaghun Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    I actually saw a picture of JLo with Lupe. She had posted that she was sad that her friend had died. It was a bit strange seeing them together after she had played Selena's killer.

Re Selena - I know there was a big hullaboloo over the pictures but they weren't too graphic. I laughed when I read Scotts entry on her in FAD rhymes with Supeona. Her killer should not be let out at all. She was a total nutjob and coward. Selena
    trusted her and she took money and stuff and then when she was found out she shot her dead. I think Selena would have been big if she had lived. She was trying to make it in mainstream American music.

If she had made it to the mainstream, J Lo wouldn't have a career

Katie Guest
    Hello Everyone,

I was in Corpus this last weekend, and I thought I would clear up some things that have been said on here. Do to Freedom of Information, I was able to get copies of the trial transcripts. I also met with a woman who grew up with S and her family.

S died at the motel. She was taken to the hospital, because the EMT thought he detected a heartbeat. She was given blood, and then her cheat was opened. The blood given was in her chest, and her heart had turned blue from lack of blood.

The question about next of kin was explained to me was that many calls were made from the hospital staff, and her father was the first to arrive, so he because next of kin. He did request no blood transfusions, but they were given before they knew, and long after she was dead.

They are JW and that is the reason he requested it.

The lady I met teared up when talking about S even after all these years, but when I asked about S being Gay, she laughed. She looked at me and said, "I am Gay, so believe me, I would have known"

I asked her about the family charging for messages after S's death, and she said the family had to pay for everything when S died. Center where she laid in state, services, security, etc. They also continue to contribute to the young people in the community.

Now as far as where we went around town. The motel was our first stop. It is a smaller area than it looks in the pictures. It is also now rund down, but I guess after 17 years pretty much anything would. The room number is now 150 instead of 158, but I don't think people are fooled. The area in the front of the room where S dropped her stuff, still looks like it did back then. Trivia If S had not run, but had dropped where she was, she might have lived, or then again the shooter might have shot her again.

We next went to the cemetary. Easy to find, because it was crowded. I was pleased to see that everyone was quiet, and polite. The grave site is prettier than in the pictures. The only thing is the mask thing over her grave has caused the eyes to fall in, so it has two holes where the eyes should be.

We went to the memorial, but again, it was very crowded, so we didn't stay long. It is also prettier in person, than in pictures.

WE didn't go to the museum, because it was closed. We did see her old neighborhood, and her schools. She dropped out in Jr High and was tutored.

Chris is doing well, and is still close to the family.

Her father, I am told was not controlling, any more than most parents are.

Her family did depend on money brought in by Selena, but isn't Holleywood full of those mothers and Dad's?

The shooter made up so many lies that she had trouble keeping up with what she said.

The shooter is in prison about 10 miles from my house.

I hope this helped clear up some things.

If anyone has questions, I will be glad to answer.

Katie

Wow, Katie! What a great trip. Thanks for sharing. I still think her dad is a shit for the way he treated Scott.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Katie Guest
    Thank you Cindy. It is great to talk with you again. I don't know the whole story on what happened with Scott, but I do owe him a big thank you for educating me. When my son was murdered, I made sure that all photos were kept under lock and key. It is one thing to be a death hag, but another to be the parent of a dead child, and have photos all over the internet, so I understand both sides.

I hope that one day Scott will re-write the Selena story, put a beautiful picture in place of the dog, so that everyone can see what a beautiful young woman she was.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    Thank you Cindy. It is great to talk with you again. I don't know the whole story on what happened with Scott, but I do owe him a big thank you for educating me. When my son was murdered, I made sure that all photos were kept under lock and key. It is one thing to be a death hag, but another to be the parent of a dead child, and have photos all over the internet, so I understand both sides.

I hope that one day Scott will re-write the Selena story, put a beautiful picture in place of the dog, so that everyone can see what a beautiful young woman she was.
    Oh Katie, I am so sorry about your son!!! I can't imagine the horror and the grief you have been through. Blessings and peace to you.

Katie Guest
    Thank you Mary. That was very kind of you to say so.

I just finished reading Chris's book. It is very informitive, and very easy to read in one night.

I didn't really learn anything new, but did make Selena more human.

Katie Guest
    I was able to find Selena, AB's and the mom and dad's house on Google Earth if anyone cares. It is on the corner of Bloomington street, and Archdale. It is the three houses together with the chain link fence around all three properties.

Mammy Guest
    Selena was such a beautiful girl and it is horrible to know she died for no real reason. She seemed to be a kind and sweet girl and had a great voice.

I, too, am sorry about your son. I remember you from Darlie Routier's thread and I went to YouTube to watch your son sing. He was adorable and seemed to be such a fun and friendly person. Life sure is hard to understand sometimes.

Crazy story on how I became interested in her. I'd never heard of Selena prior to her death. However, the day after she died I had the weirdest dream. I dreamt I was at a hotel and was running. While I was running I was shouting for someone to help me because I'd been shot. Of course most things in dreams aren't as they look in real life, so I didn't think anything of it. However, long after the movie came out I happened to catch it late night on TNT, and I sat and watched the whole movie. As soon as it was over I went online and starting looking up info about the case. When I saw a pic of the Days Inn, and especially the door to the room where she was shot, I almost fell out of my chair. It was exactly as I'd dreamt it. The only difference was that the area I was running through was enclosed, and it's not at the actual hotel. Everything else was the same.
    Since that day, I became a huge fan of hers almost overnight. I now own all of her CDs, DVDs of her videos and her last concert along with the movie. I've never had a celebrity or musician's story stick with me like this one did...
    "I was 12 going on 13 the first time I saw a dead human being" --Stand by Me

This is kinda old but I figured I'd share it anyway since the rumors about Selena having an affair were talked about on this thread. A few months back, Univision did some special about the Selena/Dr affair. The doctor who Yolanda claimed Selena was having an affair with finally came out and said they did have an affair and she was planning to leave Chris for him. Escandalo! The special is in Spanish so I have no idea what was actually said but the post itself gave a summary and that's in English. Oh, and Chris denied it of course, said Yolanda is a liar (duh), etc.

http://redalertlive.com/2012/08/19/c...-affair-video/

Last edited by MagneticElectric; 12-16-2012 at 04:14 AM.

dlogan8094 Guest
    the photos from the autopsy r on bestgore.com

25. 01-13-2013, 08:01 PM

I would pull that link please. Supoena's family gets up in arms about it and we don't want Scott to get into trouble.
    Last edited by Miho; 01-18-2013 at 10:54 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

You'll have to delete out of quote.

Quote Originally Posted by tazzboy View Post
    You'll have to delete out of quote.
    With all due respect, you would need to just delete the entire post to remove the quote.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    With all due respect, you would need to just delete the entire post to remove the quote.
    Well I just did and it's still there.

It's cool guys. If there is an issue I am sure the mods will take care of it. They can do neat stuff that we can't. :-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Saddletramp Guest
    Money? her family, naaa. I lived in Corpus Christi years. Never saw her, but when she was murdered the city went nuts! Damn near everything public or otherwise is named after her. There statues of her lining the sea wall. She is buryed at Seaside on Ocean Drive. There was an armed guard posted at her grave for awhile. I have stayed at the motel she was killed at. As for myself I fear nothing, But I will not get this Wonderful Forum into any trouble. So I leave it at that.

18 years ago today...RIP, Selena.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

18 years...RIP Sel
    [SIGPIC]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Happy Birthday Selena
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Almost 20 years since sheĀ“s gone...
    When God goes to bed every night, he prays to CM Punk.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Days Inn where Selena was killed. From the gas station across the street where I had to "pee really bad" lol
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	269.5 KB 
ID:	47083
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

And of course her statue/monument on the pier. I wanted to get a better picture but we were being honked at. Click image for larger version. 

Views:	37 
Size:	163.7 KB 
ID:	47084
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

I also lived in Corpus Christi. For two yrs I lived at the apartment complex on the corner of Airline and Ocean, directly in front of the part of the cemetery Selena is buried. There was rarely a time that no one was standing at her graveside. Very rare! I was able to meet her family in a crazy run in one day while looking at puppies in the mall parking lot. This was the yrs of 99-01. My husband also did some work for her uncle and we were invited to watch the taping of a musical guest filming at Q productions that night. Got pics of all the sites and such before moving when college was done. I loved living there. But it was time to come back home.

I've seen those pics, too. But it was many, many yrs ago.

I know I'm late but THANK YOU! I read this exact thing in her lawyers book all about the trial with the testimony from the EMT's, surgeons, nurses, etc. Very informative book I highly recommend. At times it can be slow but the witness testimonies at the hotel, everything, it's very informative and sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy86 View Post
    Sorry, but i dunno where some of you people get your information. She *did* recieve multiple transfusions in an attempt to save her life. Her father and brother were the ones to arrive at the hosptial, her transfusions had already taken place. Her father was rabid over that, but the doctor explained that regardless of religious belief, Selena being 23 years of age, was legally an Adult, and was the only person who could refuse the treatment. *However* she was listed d.o.a. and the doctor explained she was "in no position to refuse treatment." So, it was done.
    My years of research indicated that from what witnesses in the O.R. said, the blood shot out of her chest as fast as they pumped it in. She lost practically all of her blood in the attack, and was given something like 5 pints in the O.R.
    While in the operating room, the attending physician was awaiting a cardiac surgeon, but knew they couldn't wait another moment, so they operated without him. They opened her chest and manually began to massage her heart. This great effort acheived an "erratic heartbeat".. but she only flat-lined again, her death being called at 1:05 pm.

Sorry, but i loved her, and i don't like reading rude things about her, or seeing misinformation where i can help clear it.

thanks.
    Last edited by Malindak2; 06-10-2013 at 07:28 PM.

I actually don't live in Corpus Christi, we were just passing through and like being nosy. It seems like it would be kind of a weird place to live though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    The Days Inn where Selena was killed. From the gas station across the street where I had to "pee really bad" lol

Views:	47 
Size:	269.5 KB 
ID:	47083

Being such a high profile murder, I am surprised that Days Inn had kept their name on the motel at all as many of times when such a thing does unfortunately takes place usually the hotel would switch to a different brand. Many moons ago not far from my aunt that was a murder that had taken place at an EconoLodge. Within a few months that place had became a Comfort Inn because both chains were/are part of the Choice Hotels group. The switch of name was strictly tied to that murder. I seem to remember reading online last year about some kind of crime taken place in Colorado at a Motel 6. Today I believe the motel is a Howard Johnsons. Days Inn is part of Wyndham which also owns Knights Inn, Ramada and Super 8...somewhat surprised they didn't switch from Days Inn say to Super 8 as a result....but then again I guess, again being such a high profile crime as this one was switching from Days Inn to say Ramada I guess they figure why bother since it won't stop to curious. With that being said I have to wonder if the folks who run this Days Inn how do they handle the curious ??? Are they cool about it ?? Do they get nasty ?? Deny ?? For the record I have read online the motel where Janis Joplin had died in, the people who run the motel are not only cool about letting people know about her death had taken place there but even call the room where Janis had died in the "Janis Joplin Room"..and if the reviews on Trip Advisior are correct..the room is pretty much even today the same as it was when Janis Joplin had stayed in there.

Selena Grammy Portrait Doll

https://www.danburymint.com/collecti...1&edititemid=1
    awwww look how beautiful that doll is!!!

Name:	selena.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	174.7 KB 
ID:	47123

19 years ago yesterday.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

I'm not going to say it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I'm not going to say it.
    ?
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Wow, can't believe it has been so long. RIP Selena. Still a shock all these years later that she was shot by that woman. Senseless.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    ?
    Nothing to do with you, hun.
    Last edited by cindyt; 04-01-2014 at 07:59 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

pixiepereira Guest
    Angry letter written by Selena's killer...

http://www.examiner.com/article/read-angry-letter-written-by-yolanda-saldivar-regarding-selena-the-media-and-singer-s-fans

Just seeing this... It's from 2010 written to my hometown newspaper.

Size:	192.1 KB 
ID:	51293Click image for larger version. 

Views:	16 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	51294Click image for larger version. 

Views:	15 
Size:	170.1 KB 
ID:	51295
    Last edited by pixiepereira; 08-13-2014 at 09:33 PM. Reason: ..

Quote Originally Posted by pixiepereira View Post
    Angry letter written by Selena's killer...

http://www.examiner.com/article/read-angry-letter-written-by-yolanda-saldivar-regarding-selena-the-media-and-singer-s-fans

Just seeing this... It's from 2010 written to my hometown newspaper.

Size:	192.1 KB 
ID:	51293Click image for larger version. 

Views:	16 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	51294Click image for larger version. 

Views:	15 
Size:	170.1 KB 
ID:	51295
    All the Selena fans came out in full force in the comments with that article - as if Yolanda is going see them...(rolls eyes)

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    All the Selena fans came out in full force in the comments with that article - as if Yolanda is going see them...(rolls eyes)
    As I read a few of them I thought the same thing. She's not gonna log on to that website and read any of that.