Thread: James Brown

dirttrackdemon3 Guest

James Brown

have they done anything with him yet?? last i heard they had moved him to a temperature controlled room. anyone fill me in??

KristinEileen Guest
    That's the last I heard. I think that the kids are still fighting over his estate. I couldn't believe how long he lied in state. I mean there were clothing changes and everything...if anything it wasn't a way to remember him, it was over kill.

KristinEileen Guest
    Here's a link with a little more info:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_B...temporary_site

dirttrackdemon3 Guest
    i heard they had to move him from his house because of decomposing...that would suck BIG TIME!! how long they gonna leave the guy out, till he is awarded sainthood?? *leaves with tunes of "living in america" in his head.....*

A South Carolina judge made public a ruling declaring that the trustees
    accused of mismanaging Brownâ??s estate would continue to handle his
    property but a special administrator would be appointed to oversee their work.

The singerâ??s six adult children and Hynie had both asked the court to remove trustees handling the late Brownâ??s estate, claiming it has been mismanaged, and appoint a special administrator.

deathybrad Guest
    He's the hardest working man in the funeral business. Do you really think he'll get sainthood? I didn't know he was catholic.

stinkythejokedog Guest
    even in death, he's the Hardest Working Man in show business....poor JB

RubySlippers Guest
    i just can't get over how many kids he had...
    eewwww.

Daphne Guest
    This guy is not buried yet? Good God!

KristinEileen Guest
    This is morbid and gross but, bodies are only embalmed to be preserved for a few days! What the hell are these people thinking. Buy a plot stick him in the ground and get it the hell over with...do they go in there and visit him everyday? DOUBT IT!! Do you really think he gave a crap as to whether or not he was in a mausoleum or not? These people annoy the hell out of me..don't they have anything else to do?

deathybrad Guest
    Maybe he's not done making babies.

meggles Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by deathybrad View Post
    Maybe he's not done making babies.
    Apparently not. The paper here in Augusta literally has had several articles of new children proven by DNA. I know some of the folks in this saga and there's a lot of dirty dealings going on. Everyone's hanging out for the handout in this one. His money was long ago pilfered by people...and the pilfering continues.

Apparent sex-machine that he was (I can't figure THAT one out), do the right thing and give him a forever home SOMEWHERE besides Deanna's backyard. Hell, I buried Spot in the backyard, and felt he deserved better. It sounds like a family pet! What a distasteful mess. I buried my parakeet as a child in an old Tampa Nuggets box and sounds like Penny got a better deal.

Bigfoot Guest
    I read something a while back saying that he was buried in a temporary secret location because of decomposition. The temp. burial is until all the legal matters are clarified.

I hate when money interested jerks don't let the dead RIP and when the one that dies doesn't leave anything on paper!

kelbons Guest
    I was wondering whether they'd planted him yet.....

mike Guest
    That body is starting to get a little gamey.

SistaSara Guest

Katie Guest
    It makes him look bad for not taking care of all of this mess while alive.

I liked his music, but was not a big fan. I never saw one of his shows, or went out of my way to see him in person, but I do have a memory. Remember several years ago when he had a fit about his bathroom at work being used by others, pull a gun, and then ran from the police? He and I and my two babies were on the same highway. If I had not pull over on the side of the road, he might have hit us. Not a good lasting memory.

disco Guest
    As I thought about loved ones and friends at christmas, for some reason James Brown came into my head, then my feets started to moving uncontrollably. Next thing I know, I broke into a split. We surely miss his highness.

Belle Guest

Children challenge James Brown's will

Children challenge James Brown's will

Five of James Brown's children say their late father's will should be invalidated because his former advisers used undue influence to get him to create charitable trusts that the advisers would profit from, according to court documents filed this week.

The children were largely left out of the financial portion of the will, which leaves the bulk of the soul singer's money to trusts set up to educate Brown's grandchildren and needy kids.

Atlanta attorney Louis Levenson said the children discovered earlier wills drafted by their father that cast doubt on whether he truly wanted to leave his estate to charity.

"There was sporadic indication that Mr. Brown intended to benefit some charities, but the circumstances surrounding the making of these documents have always been clouded in mystery," Levenson said.

Five Brown children are challenging the will in Aiken County Probate Court. They claim Brown's longtime advisers Buddy Dallas, Alford Bradley and David Cannon convinced the soul singer to create the trusts so the advisers would profit from managing the two charities after Brown died.

Dallas denied the allegations and called attempts to void the will "an act of desperation."

"No one told James Brown what to do," Dallas said, adding that if he were going to use his influence to benefit himself, "I would have just influenced him into giving me something."

The Brown children challenging the will are Deanna Brown Thomas, Venisha Brown, Daryl Brown, Yamma Brown Lumar and Larry Brown. A sixth child named in Brown's will, Terry Brown, has hired a different attorney.

One grandchild whose tuition would be paid for by the trusts has accused his relatives of trying to break the charities to get the money.

Most of Brown's estate, including his Beech Island home and rights to his image, name and music, would go to the James Brown "I Feel Good" Trust for the education of needy children in South Carolina and Georgia, as well as to a family trust to educate his grandchildren younger than 35.

Brown died on Christmas Day 2006 of heart failure. He was 73.

Just how much money is involved in Brown's estate is unclear. In October, Forbes reported Brown made an estimated $5 million in 2005 alone. But attorneys have said Brown's accounts do not have the money they expected.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071230/...qfd60gNZ0nHL8C

It's his money, he earned it, and he already decided what he wanted done with it. It's all about the greed....

Fancynancy Guest
    I'll never forget as a child getting out of school at 3:10 and making a mad dash home--running almost all the way, because James Brown was on "Where the Action Is", and it started at 3:30. Sometimes I'd see my sister or brother running about twenty feet ahead of me! We'd take turns playing "Please, please, please." with a housecoat--"My turn to be James Brown!"

heartbreakdj00 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KristinEileen View Post
    Here's a link with a little more info:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_B...temporary_site
    Thanks for the link..I was wondering when his crunchy body was buried.

[SIGPIC]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

steve6 Guest

James Brown's body.......

..........doesn't lie a-mouldering in the grave:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-daughter.html

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by steve6 View Post
    ..........doesn't lie a-mouldering in the grave:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-daughter.html
    Love the pun! I wonder where the heck it is?
    regards,
    Mary

sunshine74137 Guest
    Maybe someones changing his clothes again, wasn't he the one who got his dud's changed for different parts of his funeral?

Eww...That's pretty freaky hiding someone's remains like that.

LMAO!
    [SIGPIC]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

steve6 Guest

marcos also

yes, as I recall, they changed james' wardrobe at one point.

and then there was ferdinand marcos, in a similar vein (no pun intended, I guess )

http://lisawallerrogers.wordpress.co...stless-corpse/

James Brown's daughter has claimed the singer's body has gone missing from its crypt.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

30. 05-17-2010, 07:02 AM

yeah the guy was talented a bit and had a few hits.... but as a human being, he was an asshole......having a ton of kids and not giving a shit about them or the women he had them with.

That's the legacy he's carrying with him now.......

Quote Originally Posted by SistaSara View Post
    no...sorry James...it's how you carried yourself OFF the stage that now speaks for you....you were a dick while you were alive and treated people like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by John Trim View Post
    James Brown's daughter has claimed the singer's body has gone missing from its crypt.
    Is James out for one final dance? I have this mental image of him, the way he used to perform when his assistants would try to wrap his cape around him, as if to signify the show was over and he would shrug it off. Someone is probably trying to catch him and return him to the crypt, but he keeps shrugging them off. <L>
    Last edited by Alanwench; 06-07-2010 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Extra text added.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

Town Without Pity Guest
    I heard his body had come up missing....whats up with that?...It's probably one of the fighting family members. Such a sad thing for one of the best Entertainers to wait this long to be buried. Let the guy go rest in peace already.

'James Brown is Dead'

Last edited by Gladiolus; 08-30-2013 at 11:29 PM.

There is some speculation that he was murdered

https://globalnews.ca/news/4931303/j...ed-allegation/

This is the long expose from CNN. I haven't had a chance to read it all

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019...ons/index.html

Atlanta DA weighing murder probe into James Brown’s 2006 death

https://pagesix.com/2020/02/14/atlan...479.1576964958

Didn't he get into legal trouble for beating up his wife or girlfriend?

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    More than once, I thought.
    I could Google it - I'll try to get that on my calendar; a "bucket list" sort of thing I suppose.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    His third wife had him arrested four times with his daughter also admitting he saw her strike her mother several times. He also plead guilty for assaulting another girlfriend in 2005 as well as being accused of rape but the suit was scrapped because of the statute of limitations.

I like how when he was in concert nobody could use
    his personal toilet, now that's a star.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    I like how when he was in concert nobody could use
    his personal toilet, now that's a star.
    Yeah, I love that ! LOL
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.