Thread: Hervé Villechaize

Hervé Villechaize

This guys death was really strange. He recorded it. I wonder if the tape is available anywhere? He shot himself twice. He is heard cursing in between shots. Anyone ever hear it?

Morrissey Guest
    I haven't, but I really wished I could every time I read about his death.

Have you read all the FAD stories yet. I think I have twice!

Morrissey Guest
    Hehe, I think I've read them all more than twice.

He needs some new ones. Im thinking of trying to write one for submission.

Thats a good idea jefestone i'm sure any help scott gets will be appreciated.

GODDESS6 Guest
    i loved herve' as tattoo on fantasy island, i just bought season I & loved watching those old episodes~ but i have to confess i haven't seen herve' in anything else that he did~ his death was very strange, the fact that he recorded it & how his wife at the time, finally released what really happened & what he said on the tape, very sad that he was in so much pain~

attackatdawn Guest

I liked him as "Knick Knack" in the James Bond movie, "The Man with the Golden Gun"

magblax Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    I liked him as "Knick Knack" in the James Bond movie, "The Man with the Golden Gun"

Me Too!! I didn't know he filmed his death. That would be an interesting tape to get a hold of. Very Sad.

BabyDoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magblax View Post
    Me Too!! I didn't know he filmed his death. That would be an interesting tape to get a hold of. Very Sad.
    As far as I know there's only audio material and I think I've heard that it was destroyed by his then girlfriend ... or she still has it.
    Anyone?

wraith Guest
    It is an audio-only recording, which I heard quite some time ago. I recall that it was fuzzy, unclear except for the two loud reports. What I heard may have been a recording of a recording.... The original may have been of better quality.

I, unfortunately, cannot remember how I found the material. It may have been one of those instances of following a link to another link and so on.

Long story short: it sounded like a lot of tape hiss interspersed with a couple of words and two loud gunshots. It is also possible that what I listened to was actually a staged or bogus tape. I cannot say for sure because I can't remember my source.

BamaDeathHag Guest
    Didn't they play that audio on the E! True Hollywood Story about him? I might be wrong but I do remember hearing it somewhere.....

I seem to recall it as well, sounds vaguely familiar. Maybe it is just reading the FAD story so much that I have a strong familiarity with it lol
    The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

onehunglow Guest
    I think he used a .22 short to do himself in.

Kathyf Guest
    I never missed Fantasy Island. All our old favorite stars were always on.

I remember them playing the audio of his suicide on E! too. I was amazed they played it.

Hervefan07 Guest

Herve Villachaize

Hello,

Does anyone know how to contact Kathy Self about Herve??? I'm very interested in Herve Villachaize and am interested in the screenplay that's being developed about him.

GEAUX LSU Guest
    i am 4ft myself but don't have the same conditions as herve. i am too well fed...i will die of obiesity (sp). but anyway herve was a cute dude...never understood a word he said....ha ha

desertangel Guest
    I was going through FADs and read about Herve. My interest was because my friend and I hung out at the same bar with him one night in Port Hueneme California back around 1985. He was with a body guard/chauffer sitting in a booth. Neither of them looked very happy nor spoke much at all the whole time they were there. Herve knocked several back before they left. This was right about the time there started being some very negative publicity about him, so nobody approached them at all. I felt kind of sad for him and wanted to go talk to him but my friend advised not to just in case he was in a bad mood. Also, my dad and I used to go to the Arboretum in Arcadia where the Fantasy House sits. I've got some pictures around here somewhere with me standing in front of the door. It looks smaller in real life than it did on TV. hmmm... fun times when I used to live in L.A., fer shure!

RaRaRamona Guest
    His is a sad story. What bad publicity was there? I've forgetful.

I hope you can find those pics. I didn't know where the Fantasy Island house was. Im into stuff like that.

lisalouver Guest
    "Smiles everyone, SMILES!"

GOD I loved Mr Roarke! I loved Herve too.

RIP

desertangel Guest
    I hope you can find those pics. I didn't know where the Fantasy Island house was. Im into stuff like that.
    I found them... you can't hardly tell from these pics. The one with the water in the background, if I remember correctly, is directly in front of the house. No, they did not land the plane there. Not enough room, city ordinances, etc. These pics are over 20 years old.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    That was his best movie role I think--he was better than the actual "big' villain played by Christopher Lee, "Scaramanga" I think...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

desertangel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    His is a sad story. What bad publicity was there? I've forgetful.
    I'm thinking he was off the show by the time we saw him at the bar. He was fired from FI for basically being impossible. That's when he really started losing it... getting really drunk in public and causing bad scenes. And that's probably why everyone left him alone that night we saw him. Frankly, I'm surprised he didn't die sooner. He really was a wreck.

dawn7245 Guest
    I remember hearing the audio but I don't remember where I heard it, I'm thinking its on his FAD page.

Dylgem22 Guest
    If I remember correctly, I think the FAD page has a copy of his suicide note and also doesn't include the actual audio, but I think Scott pretty much included what was heard/said on the audio .. I am not 100% sure, but that is what I remember ..

As I was reading above, I think I too, have read over all the FAD celebs more than twice!!

Thats what comes with working at a boring job!!

lisalouver Guest
    So as I mentioned in another thread, I just bought Season one of Fantasy Island on DVD - I hear Season Two will be out in May. I will be sure and get that as well.

Its been awesome watching again.

My young daughter (8) came in while I was watching and said about Herve "Who is that puppet?"

Such a shame. The Malaysians could really use this guy right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Hehe. Clever.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

I had to think for a second. God I love black comedy.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

weirdgurl Guest
    It took me a second, but that was brilliant!

I saw that on a shirt. I wanted it so badly! It may have been a one-off and only existed on FB.

Dorothy Stratten was in an episode but I think they dubbed her lines or something like that.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    Snap!!!
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

This guys death was really strange. He recorded it. I wonder if the tape is available anywhere? He shot himself twice. He is heard cursing in between shots. Anyone ever hear it?
    I do seem to recall hearing an audio of his suicide, poor quality if I recall. I think his last words were something to the effect of "It hurts...!" But like everyone else, can't recall where I heard it.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    I had to think for a second. God I love black comedy.
    Quote Originally Posted by weirdgurl View Post
    It took me a second, but that was brilliant!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviatrix View Post
    I saw that on a shirt. I wanted it so badly! It may have been a one-off and only existed on FB.
    Love, love, love!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Poo Bah MCGee Guest
    The negative publicity was blown out of proportion in the supermarket tabloids,. Herve was, apparently, very unstable. He was implacably jealous of Ricardo Montleban's role in the "Fantasy Island" show. He said he was "treated like a monkey", and even filmed a tabloid clip dancing in a monkey outfit, holding a cup for coins. I think he was type cast, was only recognized for that role, and made everyone sick of him with his bitching. When you get right right down to it, the show was popular because it was so low-brow and trashy. Sad thing to kill one's self over.

Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    Haha.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Wee wee...............

Villechaize_Love Guest
    His death makes me sad everytime I read about it. :-/ I just absolutely adore him... probably would've done anything he'd ask me to. I used to hate my height until I realised I'm not much taller than him. Gave me a bit of confidence. He was an incredibly sexy man, so talented. I'll admit, he is actually the only reason I watch Fantasy Island, lol. (Sorry for rambling but it's late and I felt I needed to.)