Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132021222324 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 1450

Thread: Tattoos?

I don't know if anyone here is into Tattoo history or not but they are having a contest giveaway for a free DVD about Sailor Jerry over at the Sailor Jerry website.

http://www.sailorjerry.com/feature.php?n=contests

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    Here's mine. And no, I wasn't taking a pee while I took this shot . I got this in 1995 on the day of Quebec's independance referendum...which prolly means absolutely nothing to most of you lol, but it was a huge deal to me...

It took about 45 minutes and cost $65. This is the next one I want (the one on the left, and obviously with colours. It's a Catholic thing:

Nice shot, Dute!

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnythepooh View Post
    I finally got my tattoo yesterday. I had angelwings tattooed with my father's initials between them. He passed in february of last year and he's (hopefully) my angel on my shoulder
    Very nice tribute, Linny.

pvezz Guest
    I've posted this before, but what the hell.

Got the Pens logo when we got our arena deal; got the blue added last season when we won the Cup:

Tatt's Amazing

I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by Linnythepooh View Post
    I finally got my tattoo yesterday. I had angelwings tattooed with my father's initials between them. He passed in february of last year and he's (hopefully) my angel on my shoulder
    Nice!

This is the next one I want (the one on the left, and obviously with colours. It's a Catholic thing:

Duster! I didn't know you were One of Us!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

majcm Guest
    I'm sure someone has posted this, but I wasn't going to read 950 posts to see Just in case:

http://gprime.net/video.php/tattooremover So hilarious!

Anyone know why the explosion of tattooed people now came from. What I mean is I know it's a fad, like piercings, long hair, etc. but where did it come from? As in the baggy pants on guys thing came from the prison gangs. Esp. girls, when I was in high school almost NO girls had tattoos. But now it seems like every other girl from 15 to 50 has at least one. Does this "fad" have a origin?

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by majcm View Post
    I'm sure someone has posted this, but I wasn't going to read 950 posts to see Just in case:

Yeah that's good. It's a parody ad from SNL.

Anyone know why the explosion of tattooed people now came from. What I mean is I know it's a fad, like piercings, long hair, etc. but where did it come from? As in the baggy pants on guys thing came from the prison gangs. Esp. girls, when I was in high school almost NO girls had tattoos. But now it seems like every other girl from 15 to 50 has at least one. Does this "fad" have a origin?
    I'm wondering that myself.
    Why is everyone all of a sudden getting inked?
    I'm a bit amazed at the number of tattoo parlors that we now have for a town our size.

I also wonder about lower back tats. AKA tramp stamps. Is it true that any girl who has one is an easy lay?
    I suppose it depends on who has it but it does have the stigma attached to it. Any truth to that?

Bayou Voodoo Guest

Yeah...about 5000 years ago or more.

It is just becoming more accepted socially that tattoos need not be hidden. People are finally pulling their heads out of their asses and seeing that having tattoos does not make one a bad person, nor "easy" nor any of the other shitty stereotypes that people usually spout. There is no real "explosion," but more and more people are getting tattooed openly now instead of having them hidden as in the past.

majcm Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Voodoo View Post
    Yeah...about 5000 years ago or more.

It is just becoming more accepted socially that tattoos need not be hidden. People are finally pulling their heads out of their asses and seeing that having tattoos does not make one a bad person, nor "easy" nor any of the other shitty stereotypes that people usually spout. There is no real "explosion," but more and more people are getting tattooed openly now instead of having them hidden as in the past.

Geez...sorry. I didn't say anything bad about people with tattoos. I just consider it an "explosion" because not just people that have always had them but felt they had to keep them hidden are now showing them, but in the last 10 years or so, it's the thing young girls want to do the most. You just have to have a tattoo. I don't think before that it entered teenage or young twentys girls' minds like that. And I didn't mean to make it sound like I was putting girls down for it...almost all college boys basketball players have them all down their arms now. That is new in the last 4-5 years as well.

GrinReaper Guest
    Every so often you may hear of a workplace where someone has to wear long sleeves to keep their tats on the arms hidden.

I think it's a bit of both. That because they are getting more socially acceptible, that more people are getting them.
    I also think more are getting them too because tats are getting more and more elaborate and colorful.

If I were to get a tat, I think I'd want a peace sign. Nuthin too fancy. But simple.
    But then again, I don't wish to cover what came to me naturally with something permanent.

I shake my head when I see a bunch of just stupid or ugly ones that I see posted in pics on the net.
    "What was that person thinking?" Either not much or they're not stable to begin with.
    Last edited by GrinReaper; 11-07-2009 at 12:10 PM.

Tattooing "Fads" come and go in American History. In the early 20th century it was a "Hip" thing to do and was popular with the upper classes.

chickababy8 Guest

I love my rose tattoo...

I also have 16 piercings (so far)...

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Man is that guy a class act or what?!

His little teardrops are very scary. What a douchebag.

RocketQueen Guest
    All he has to do is grow a mustache and it's like it's not there at all. I'm not impressed.

Actually it dont even look like a real tattoo, it looks more like it was done with a sharpie.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    Nice!

Duster! I didn't know you were One of Us!
    I am so!

Supposedly, that's also the coat of arms of St. Michael the Archangel (who I am named after). The challenge at this point is to get the Archdiocese of Toronto to confirm for me A) that it really is Michael's C of A, and B) What the correct colours are. I've heard they're supposed to be blue and white, which could prove to be a challenge for a tatoo artist...

Quote Originally Posted by RocketQueen View Post
    All he has to do is grow a mustache and it's like it's not there at all. I'm not impressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    Actually it dont even look like a real tattoo, it looks more like it was done with a sharpie.
    So how much do you think he actually gets with that tat?

I'm sure I'd be surprised.

I am so!

Supposedly, that's also the coat of arms of St. Michael the Archangel (who I am named after). The challenge at this point is to get the Archdiocese of Toronto to confirm for me A) that it really is Michael's C of A, and B) What the correct colours are. I've heard they're supposed to be blue and white, which could prove to be a challenge for a tatoo artist...
    There is a guy in St. Louis who does Book of Kells tats. WANT. I would love a sacred heart someday.

Wretched1 Guest
    My first. I got it last month on the way home from Iraq at FT Lewis Washington.

RocketQueen Guest
    So how much do you think he actually gets with that tat?

I'm sure I'd be surprised.
    It should read Free Mustache Rides.

Haaaaaaaa!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

guardmom2008 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretched1 View Post
    My first. I got it last month on the way home from Iraq at FT Lewis Washington.
    Very Nice!!!

OK, hags...I have a tattoo question....

I have one on my left shoulder, and it's a blue moon with a female face, that i drew myself. And I want another one to add to my collection - here lies the problem..

I want to incorporate 3 dates that are very signifcant to me and put it in some sort of Irish & English design to include my heritage...but am having a real problem with design.

Do you guys have any ideas? Please help!!!
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

I just got home from watching the other half get the rest of her left "sleeve" colored in. She was shaking from the pain. Looks good though!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

We resumed the work on my sleeve today, just doing the outlines for now...

RocketQueen Guest
    ^Awesome! Love the pin up!!!

DaniZ Guest
    I have another one as well, my dad's CB handle and his birth and death dates but I don't seem to have a pic of it, and it's on my right arm, so I'll have to have my boyfriend take a pic of it when he gets home from work. I've just got the 2, he's got 6. I was supposed to get a new one for my birthday but couldn't afford it.
    Last edited by DaniZ; 01-02-2010 at 10:41 AM.

lisagr Guest

Eye Tattoos

I searched to see if this had been brought up before and didn't find anything. Seems like it would be very painful.

http://perezhilton.com/2010-01-12-eye-tattoos-wtf

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

I buy a lot of books online. Today i discovered this:

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Book...xsetC-_-03book

The sale has nothing to do with me but I figure someone serious about tatoos may be interested.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

GODDESS6 Guest
    ^Awesome! Love the pin up!!!
    me too~

I had more Sleeve work done today....

I am the Webmaster for my Tattooist's Shop and produce all their promo videos. This is the latest one we made..Starring my arm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4Nrvic-dUY

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    If he has to advertise, hes probaby not any good!

Wonder if he goes to his mom's for Thanksgiving without a mustache? "Sorry son, we don't have any pussy. Will turkey work for you then or no?"

43. 02-14-2010, 08:49 PM

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    Yeah that's good. It's a parody ad from SNL.

I'm wondering that myself.
    Why is everyone all of a sudden getting inked?
    I'm a bit amazed at the number of tattoo parlors that we now have for a town our size.

I also wonder about lower back tats. AKA tramp stamps. Is it true that any girl who has one is an easy lay?
    I suppose it depends on who has it but it does have the stigma attached to it. Any truth to that?

wow, Im a little late to this party, but I had to comment on this. Ive had my tramp stamp for 6 years now. I think it does depend on the female, and it does makes me feel a bit wilder, but NOT enough to be an easy lay lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Meli View Post
    wow, Im a little late to this party, but I had to comment on this. Ive had my tramp stamp for 6 years now. I think it does depend on the female, and it does makes me feel a bit wilder, but NOT enough to be an easy lay lol.
    Oh hun, I have tribal so we're in the same boat!

- R.H. Sin

RocketQueen Guest
    Yes, the minute the needle hits your skin you turn tramp. True fact. Look it up. It's in medical journals and such.

The minute the needle hits my skin I immediately think, "That hurts more than I remembered."

- R.H. Sin

RocketQueen Guest
    ^me too. It hurts more the older I get.

I almost threw up the last time, but the dude was using a 24 mag and had been grinding on my spine for two hours. I waited till we were out of the shop though before I announced, "I want to throw up."

- R.H. Sin

The minute the needle hits my skin I immediately think, "That hurts more than I remembered."
    ^me too. It hurts more the older I get.

For some reason the last session seemed to hurt more than anything I had done before. Maybe it was because we were tattooing the inner elbow. Usually getting Tattooed does not bother me much but that hurt.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Inked_Daddy View Post
    Is that Mr. Limpet ???