Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movie you can't stand but watch anyway?

Ridgecrest, CA-Middle of the Mojave Desert

Movie you can't stand but watch anyway?

Did a search and couldn't find anything for this particular/specific question:

What is the one movie or movies you can't stand, but when it comes on, you can't help but watch it??

Mine is Bend It Like Beckham. dumbest movie ever, but I can't help but watch the whole thing LOL
    Last edited by Cubican; 08-07-2008 at 07:13 AM.

Somewhere where I don't know where I am...
    I will watch at least 45 minutes of "Something to Talk About" and "Serendipity" before I remember that I can't stand them and switch the channel.
    This just in- Powersauce is Amazing!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubican View Post
    Did a search and couldn't find anything for this question:
    The movie review thread?

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I HATE The Family Stone, but I always watch it when it's on. North Country is awful, but I always watch it, too, and make fun of it as it's playing. Because I Said So is another.

Dylgem22 Guest
    Mine is "Showgirls" .. hahahaha .. i hate it but everytime its on I just have to watch!! like a train wreck ..

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Showgirls is an instant classic that I LOVE!

Quote Originally Posted by Dylgem22 View Post
    Mine is "Showgirls" .. hahahaha .. i hate it but everytime its on I just have to watch!! like a train wreck ..

Same here

michael d Guest
    Any bad 80's movie on at 2am. Recently saw Slugger's Wife. Sad.

Dylgem22 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaDeathHag View Post
    Showgirls is an instant classic that I LOVE!
    I just crack up at it, but can't turn away!!! I especially like the whole "Versace" thing .. lmao!!

dovescry1999 Guest
    Showgirls: one of my many favorite parts...

Annie: Julie, you fucking slut, you touch my make-up again and I'll fucking kill you.
    Julie: Oh, I'm a slut? Well, you fucked that kid from the pizza place!
    Annie: Well, you fucked the meter reader!
    Julie: Bitch!
    Annie: Oh, you're fucking dead!

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Showgirls has so many good lines, the one I like to use, "I don't know what you're doing, darlin', but if it's at the Cheetah, it ain't dancin.'"

RoRo Guest
    Days of Thunder....maybe it is because of Robert Duvall??

Desertrose Guest
    I admit, I just finished watching Showgirls, again. What a horrible movie and horrible "acting". But, I just can't change the channel.

Earth Girls are Easy.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Guest Guest
    used to be Showgirls but now it is to the point it comes on VH-1 "Movies that ROCK" oooooookay and all their boobies are "blobbed out" lmao it's just too ridiculous for words! Elizabeth Berkley has the flattest butt I've ever seen on any white girl and should never ever be seen in a thong! the one that's got me right now is that horrible counterpart Strip Tease, okay this was made back when Rumor Willis was a little girl and supposed to be cute :-/

the acting? MY LAWD! the story line? MY LAWD! Burt Reynolds slathered in vasaline???

WTF!

BUT...I cannot turn away when it comes on, I must watch the mess and then always wonder why I gave up another two hours of my life on it

harlequin_clown Guest
    My daughter has the Bratz movie which is some of the worst, most overracted movie in history...yet. I sit and watch it every.single.time.

smooches27 Guest
    Groundhog Day with Bill Murray. That movie frustrates me to no end, but I just help watching it if it's on. Strange.

crazedfemale Guest
    Waterworld with Kevin Costner. I've watched it twice and I still don't understand it all...

**Jenna** Guest
    Dodge Ball and those stupid American Pie movies. Oh and any movie with Steven Sagal.

Any movie with Chuck Norris. My husband watches them and i always have to get up and find something else to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't watch movies I can't stand...

ceege Guest
    Showgirls definitely. I can feel my brain cells die as I watch it but cannot change the channel. Usually I happen upon it as I'm channel surfing and BOOM, another two hours of my life shot to hell.

Cathy J. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Thats exactly how I feel.

Same goes with TV shows too !! I actually know people who watch reality TV even though they can't stand them. I guess its because they don't want to feel "left out" or something.

ceege Guest
    I can't watch reality tv. I have never seen Survivor, the Real World or any of the crop of crap shows on VH1. My own life is real enough, I don't want to be a part of other people's drama and foolishness too.

darlingdawn Guest
    I will have to agree with Showgirls too.

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy J. View Post
    Thats exactly how I feel.

Same goes with TV shows too !! I actually know people who watch reality TV even though they can't stand them. I guess its because they don't want to feel "left out" or something.
    I usually read a book in the living room while my husband watches the movies i can't stand. Sometimes he'll be nice and watch it in the garage. And yeah i really do hate reality shows and don't watch them. I used to like Big Brother,but haven't watched it at all this summer.

Dylgem22 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    Earth Girls are Easy.
    Yep, that movie is another one on my list.. I can't stand but still watch!!

Oh Smooches, I love Groundhog Day!!! I laugh at that movie everytime and watch it everytime its on!!

Ridgecrest, CA-Middle of the Mojave Desert
    Me too..Showgirls and Striptease...Burt Reynolds looks like an old pervy-perv in that movie.

I'm not big on watching movies that I can't stand, but I did waste 2 hours of my life to "Stepford Wives" the other night. 5 minutes in, I knew it would suck, but I watched the whole d**n thing just to make sure. And I was right, It sucked.

I remember that I did watch "Eyes Wide Shut" twice. The first time I thought the movie was so ridiculus that I missed something, so I watched it again. Nope. I didn't. It was just stupid.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

ShatteredMirror Guest
    Mommie Dearest starring Faye Dunaway as a super-scary Joan Crawford. Total rubbish but hugely enjoyable and as camp as row of tents.

smooches27 Guest
    Yep, that movie is another one on my list.. I can't stand but still watch!!

Oh Smooches, I love Groundhog Day!!! I laugh at that movie everytime and watch it everytime its on!!

My dad is the same way! He loves that movie too. I just get so frustrated but I can't help watching!

**Jenna** Guest

I love Groundhog Day too! I never get tired of watching it.

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    I'm not big on watching movies that I can't stand, but I did waste 2 hours of my life to "Stepford Wives" the other night. 5 minutes in, I knew it would suck, but I watched the whole d**n thing just to make sure. And I was right, It sucked.

I remember that I did watch "Eyes Wide Shut" twice. The first time I thought the movie was so ridiculus that I missed something, so I watched it again. Nope. I didn't. It was just stupid.
    I watched Castaway over the weekend,just had to see how Tom Hanks got off the island,then to just end with him standin in the middle of the road. Disapointement

Dylgem22 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LSF View Post
    I watched Castaway over the weekend,just had to see how Tom Hanks got off the island,then to just end with him standin in the middle of the road. Disapointement
    I know! I liked that movie when it first came out, and I could watch it, but knowing what happens .. and how it ends .. yep, disappointing!!

smooches27 Guest
    I liked the movie until the part when he gets off the island, then the movie just kinda sucks.

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smooches27 View Post
    I liked the movie until the part when he gets off the island, then the movie just kinda sucks.
    Yeah it does! And I really need to relearn how to spell

Bayou Voodoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by crazedfemale View Post
    Waterworld with Kevin Costner. I've watched it twice and I still don't understand it all...
    That one compels me to watch, too. I hate KC, hate the movie, but watch it from beginning to end every single time it comes on.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    I keep watching "No Country For Old Men" -- trying to understand why I hated it and why everyone else loves it and why on EARTH it won a 'best picture' Oscar...???

John Connor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    I keep watching "No Country For Old Men" -- trying to understand why I hated it and why everyone else loves it and why on EARTH it won a 'best picture' Oscar...???

I agree. A smidgen overrated. It's like the Emperor's New Clothes. Maybe I'm not deep enough I think.

Striptease sucks but Showgirls is an awesome movie. Cristal Connors. Heh.

Snudgie Guest

I'm DYING to know what was in the last Fed-Ex parcel that he kept...and then delivered to that woman that lived in the middle of nowhere...I know....I'm sad!

One film that I don't really care for is the "Bourne Identity" the first one....I bought it for Mr Snudgie cos he likes it....the only reason I will watch it is that there is a scene where Jason and some girl are in a cute Mini driving by the Seine in Paris...then they get out and walk a little way....hubby and I walked along the exact same part when we were on our honeymoon back in December 2003...so whenever that scene comes on I watch it...giggle and squeal a lot...then wander out again!

MorbidMolly Guest
    Most anything on Sci-Fi in the last year.....so many train wrecks, so little time........Aztec T-Rex........doesn`t get any worse than that......

Dylgem22 Guest
    I thought of another one .. I know I mentioned "Showgirls" is a train-wreck for me .. but so is "Bio-dome" .. I HATE that movie, but yet, if it's on, I will watch it .. I don't know why!!

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Snudgie View Post
    I'm DYING to know what was in the last Fed-Ex parcel that he kept...and then delivered to that woman that lived in the middle of nowhere...I know....I'm sad!

One film that I don't really care for is the "Bourne Identity" the first one....I bought it for Mr Snudgie cos he likes it....the only reason I will watch it is that there is a scene where Jason and some girl are in a cute Mini driving by the Seine in Paris...then they get out and walk a little way....hubby and I walked along the exact same part when we were on our honeymoon back in December 2003...so whenever that scene comes on I watch it...giggle and squeal a lot...then wander out again!
    It was a solar-powered, water-proof satellite phone with a tracking device once it was turned on.

Twister. I thought it was stupid in the theater, I thought it was stupid when I rented the DVD, and I think it's stupid every time I catch part of it on tv. Maybe I'm stupid.
    Just drink lots of Kool-Aid, and take one of these blue pills three times a day.

IrishBabe Guest
    My husband keeps making me watch Predator.

I'm so sick of that movie, but I can't look away....

erin Guest
    i will sit and watch anything on lifetime movie network, for some strange reason, even though most of those movies are so corny or dumb. don't ask me why, but that channel has some sort of hypnotic power over me, especially around the holidays.

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Snudgie View Post
    I'm DYING to know what was in the last Fed-Ex parcel that he kept...and then delivered to that woman that lived in the middle of nowhere...
    Me too!

For some reason, I really can't stand the movie Forest Gump. Whenever it's on, I get curious as to what part it's on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

cynnbox Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by darlingdawn View Post
    I will have to agree with Showgirls too.
    i was just watching that movie today and man that has some bad acting!! it makes me urk when Elizabeth berkley freaking gets mad at every thing anyone says to her...she hits them or storms off like a kid..

but i couldnt change the dang channel!

hehehe

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    "The Beastmaster." I mean, the movie is truly awful...but the eye candy is undeniably the reason I watch this turkey over and over.
    Marc Singer was ... the 8th wonder of the world.