Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Man decapitates passenger aboard Greyhound bus in Manitoba

Seagorath Guest
    This guy was a sick monster who had incredible "issues" with young males and possibly youth culture. I think he targeted Tim on the bus after they had all taken their smoke breaks and whatnot. His urges were not only sick, but they were also "perverse"...I think he got "thrills" out of hacking Tim's life away and eating his flesh. What a sick fuckin' piece of horse-shit!

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Sure, impulse. The evil fucker just really wanted to do it.

annannanna Guest
    I really want to hear what this fool says in court. That was so random.

Seagorath Guest
    (in a redneck voice)..."You mean to tell me that they don't have a goddamn statement yet...is that what you mean to tell me?"

Quote Originally Posted by annannanna View Post
    I really want to hear what this fool says in court. That was so random.

annannanna Guest
    LOL! I am waiting for the Killer to say there was a bug on his chest.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    unfortunate picture on his myspace page:
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    He was such a cute kid. Did you get a load of that pic in his comments??
    Very creepy given the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by heartbreakdj00 View Post
    Oops. Sorry just noticed that
    Haha! No problem, great minds think alike... Er, I mean great death hag minds think alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    They keep removing the audio from YouTube, but folks are also reposting it...LiveLeak has it now...WARNING: It includes an "unnecessary" decapitated head shot...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=096_1217580722
    When I read that I thought there was video of the actual head.

Seagorath Guest
    Nope...it's just a "prop" head...but quite tasteless and tacky nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratgrrl View Post
    Very creepy given the circumstances.

Haha! No problem, great minds think alike... Er, I mean great death hag minds think alike.

When I read that I thought there was video of the actual head.

cherryghost Guest
    Is it true Canadians carry hunting knives at all times?

cherryghost Guest

Albertadude Guest
    CherryGhost, here in Canuckistan, we probably are not even allowed to carry a fork let alone a big rambo knife....so sad...if someone on that Bus was carrying a concealed weapon, they might have been able to take out this evil bastard!! Granted, it wouldn't have likely done anything to save the poor kid but at least we the Canadian taxpayer wouldn't have to pay millions for this murderer's upkeep for the rest of his life...sadly, here in pee cee canada, there is no death penalty!!

Some thoughts...one positive, at least NO one will be able to play the race card on this one....the victim was white...God help us if he was a minority...yes, up here in Canada we also have idiots like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton also stirring up hatred .....

Morrisey, regarding your joke about it being a Muslim , well that is hardly a stretch considering beheading is the calling card of islamic terrorists the world over....Funny thing, a well known Canadian Ex Muslim up here that runs a website exposing islamic brutality wondered that very thing also....needless to say at this point, we are simply dealing with one lone loser only representing himself.

And regarding Manitoba being the most boring place ever, I think some people forgot the province to the West, Saskatchewan....oy.......flat and ugly....great for farming though....

weight loss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    As you can imagine, this is all the talk up here - people are going on and on about it. Last night in the pub everyone was saying the same thing: There wer thirty-fucking-seven of them. They should have at least tried...
    Having been a witness myself to two shootings and a stabbing, let me give you a little insight.

All 3 of my incidents took place in a bar. 1 shooting - a girl was shot 8 times
    and my bar was packed (I was working.) The shooter was a little dude too. Quiet, wouldn't hurt
    a fly. Went out to his car, got his gun, came back in, shot his ex girlfriend 8
    times, laid the gun down on the bar and finished his beer. He killed the girl.
    He gave absolutely no indication that violence was on his mind: I served him dinner!

I happened to be standing pretty much in front of her when he started shooting.
    He easily could have shot me, or any other one of my customers. He had it out
    for her.

Everything, and I mean everything slowed down to an absolute crawl, in my
    perception of things. I could not move. There was a million things going on in my head.
    There was panic and chaos around me, people
    running, but there were other people just standing there too. Some were yelling, some were yelling at him,
    I myself was calmly asking him to stop and put the gun down (can we say duh?) Someone grabbed me and literally
    dragged me out of the bar.

I remained relatively calm. Didn't even drink - recovering alkie that I am.

The second shooting happened 2 days after the first. In another bar - but I was a customer drinking a coke.
    There were 5 people in the bar. Guy came in the bar, shot another guy across the bar from me. I knew the shooter, and could
    identify him.
    While he was shooting, what was on my mind? Hell no! Not again!

As he was leaving the bar, he pointed the gun at my head and tried to kidnap me. I told him to f**k off and he left. Lucky I'm here to tell the tale.

In a situation like this, you have no idea how you're to react, I don't care what kind of legend you are in your own mind, until it happens.
    I thought I would freak, but I remained calm. Other people who I would assume would be able to handle it simply lost it.
    Your mind is busy trying to assimiliate the shit that's happening in front of you, and at the same time you know you need to save your own life and
    just all kinds of crap.

My situations were no where near as horrific as this one is.

annannanna Guest
    Wow, Weight loss, that is crazy! Glad to hear you made it out ok!!! I can't belive you had the balls to tell the shooter off!

The gentleman that was interviewed in the video did try and ask a man to help him subdue the killer.

Chevyheaven Guest
    In all reality there probably wasnt anything that anyone could have done to help the little dude. The first knife wound was probably lethal. Its a shame though that this kid had to die like that. So do you think the Death Hag will add Tim to this site? I mean he is now kind of a celebrity. Just a question.

Seagorath Guest

This apartment tower at 105th Avenue and 90th Street is where the man arrested in Wednesday's decapitation lived.

Li is being held in a Winnipeg detention centre and is under constant video surveillance.

Li will have to undergo a psychological assessment to determine whether he is fit to stand trial.

Augert said he believes Li was having marital problems.
    When he met with Li to re-hire him in July, Augert said the way he was talking, "you could almost read between the lines that there was something not right there."

Li was a reliable worker, Augert said. "I've been doing this for 21 years and I can judge the type of people we're hiring. He was just a normal guy or so we thought.

"To read about this, it just totally gives me the shivers. I've had shivers just the past couple of hours since I realized who was (allegedly) responsible for this."

Li lives in a highrise near 105th Avenue and 90th Street.
    One of Li's neighbours said he was always sharply dressed in trousers, dress shirt and a white windbreaker. Although they often saw each other in the elevator or lobby, they never exchanged words, he said.

"He was very unfriendly," said the neighbour, who didn't want to be identified.

"He would never keep the elevator open. The striking characteristic for this guy is that he is really anti-social."

He would often see Li from his balcony wandering around the building's parking lot at night. Li would look up at him, point and jab his finger towards him, he said.

"It was as though he was trying to say something to me," he said.
    Li liked swimming in the building's fourth-floor pool, he added.

Another neighbour was questioned by police. Scott Arnold said he was asked if he knew the couple who lived across the hall from him. He had little to tell the officers, except that he once saw three red jerry cans in their apartment when he walked by one day with their door open, he said.

Chevyheaven Guest
    Someone posted on one of those blogs about this killer ,something very interesting. They said that the way this Li dude killed and butchered Tim was that of someone who probably did it before. Since all these feet started showing up in Canada they are kinda wondering who exactly they caught. I know its probably nothing but that would be weird eh?

Who gives a fuck about how Li lived or wat he liked to do or whatever. Dont even try to put a human face on this fucker. Dont make excuses for why this fucker deserves to live. People that commit atrocities like this should be done away with immediately. So what if he had mental health issues. Eliminate the bitchass fucker and his dna from the genepool. Its called eugenics. Controversial, yes. Needed, yes. Elimanate shit from the genepool now. We dont need to make excuses for things like this we need to destroy things like this.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Albertadude Guest
    CheeryHeaven, I agree.....it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see if this chap was behind other killings...in Edmonton, a bunch of prostitutes have been killed over the years and no one has been brought to justice yet??

And of course, all those severed feet.....who knows....

Surely a murder of this type on the Greyhound from a 40 year old man wasn't his first act of violence??? It will be interesting over the days to hear more about this man's background?

I'm assuming he is from Mainland China but that is speculation at this point...mayby his surviving relatives can help fill in the blanks so to speak???

kimba Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
    ummm...
    no.

kimba Guest
    I tried to find the link to the audio in the story, but it's been removed from Youtube. I'm sure it'll show up somewhere else tho...
    I was able to get it off Youtube, made it into an MP3.
    Dunno why, just haggy that way.

Quote Originally Posted by kimba View Post
    ummm...
    no.
    I think she was being facetious.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

kimba Guest
    Now they are saying he is chinese.....quite a difference! The killer that is!

Or oh I may be confused with the need to distinguish nationality of the victim and the killer! Does it really matter at this stage?
    no- the initial reports said that the victim was a young aboriginal man- McLean wasn't but looked native.
    and the initial reports indicated that the attacker was a large Asian or aboriginal man.Just the confusion of the first reports.

FYI:My hubby is Chinese, but he is very tall and uh...solidly built. He gets asked for his status card all the time, as people think he is native.
    Especially because for years he kept his hair long, and pulled back in a pony tail.

I have a particular picture of us together, and I sometimes feel I should post it in this thread- since I am only a couple of inches shorter than the victim, and he is as big as the attacker. The difference is quite striking, and perhaps it would serve to illustrate how difficult it would have been for people to stop the attack.

But then, somebody might think it's a pic of the attacker, and that would suck...

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Albertadude View Post
    CherryGhost, here in Canuckistan, we probably are not even allowed to carry a fork let alone a big rambo knife....so sad...if someone on that Bus was carrying a concealed weapon, they might have been able to take out this evil bastard!! Granted, it wouldn't have likely done anything to save the poor kid but at least we the Canadian taxpayer wouldn't have to pay millions for this murderer's upkeep for the rest of his life...sadly, here in pee cee canada, there is no death penalty!!

Some thoughts...one positive, at least NO one will be able to play the race card on this one....the victim was white...God help us if he was a minority...yes, up here in Canada we also have idiots like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton also stirring up hatred .....

Morrisey, regarding your joke about it being a Muslim , well that is hardly a stretch considering beheading is the calling card of islamic terrorists the world over....Funny thing, a well known Canadian Ex Muslim up here that runs a website exposing islamic brutality wondered that very thing also....needless to say at this point, we are simply dealing with one lone loser only representing himself.

And regarding Manitoba being the most boring place ever, I think some people forgot the province to the West, Saskatchewan....oy.......flat and ugly....great for farming though....
    I like you.

"To read about this, it just totally gives me the shivers. I've had shivers just the past couple of hours since I realized who was (allegedly) responsible for this."

He had little to tell the officers, except that he once saw three red jerry cans in their apartment when he walked by one day with their door open, he said.
    1) Go go girl! I like that Star Jones use of "allegedly"
    2) what the heck's a jerry can?

Quote Originally Posted by kimba View Post

FYI:My hubby is Chinese, but he is very tall and uh...solidly built. He gets asked for his status card all the time, as people think he is native.
    Especially because for years he kept his hair long, and pulled back in a pony tail.

But then, somebody might think it's a pic of the attacker, and that would suck...
    yes that would suck!

And...how did you get him to cut his hair??

sunshine2828 Guest
    I read an article in our paper this a.m. that talked about how the guy was chopping "pieces" of the victim off and eating them. I'm trying to find the link to the story now.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine2828 View Post
    I read an article in our paper this a.m. that talked about how the guy was chopping "pieces" of the victim off and eating them. I'm trying to find the link to the story now.
    There are quite a few articles posted referencing that. You don't have to search for a new one if unless you really want to.

Noelle Page Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Who gives a fuck about how Li lived or wat he liked to do or whatever. Dont even try to put a human face on this fucker. Dont make excuses for why this fucker deserves to live.
    Agree completely. No mercy. Albertadude raises good points, too. Poor, poor Tim.

Any chance this will change public opinion or affect policy in Canada re the dp?
    Last edited by Noelle Page; 08-03-2008 at 08:07 AM.

Seagorath Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    2) what the heck's a jerry can?

beatlebaby4 Guest
    No. This guy was just a sicko!

beatlebaby4 Guest

Right on! Well said. Being a fellow Canuck myself from Ontario, I couldn't have said it better. I love what you called Canada - "Canuckistan". I will laugh about that all day! So true, so true!

Chevyheaven Guest

Yeah I forgot about that province. Saskatchewan. There another boring place in Canada. When I go to the Calgary Stampede I always start out in Brandon to visit family than I head west on the Trans Canada. Going through MB and SK are the worst. What is up with names up there anyways?? Medicine Hat?? Moosejaw? Regina?? Love Alberta!
    Beautiful country out there. Thats where Canada starts as far as Im concerned.

Im just joking yall, its a lovely country! As Jonathan Winters once said..."We will take you one day quietly in the night.." LMAO

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevyheaven View Post
    Love Alberta!

Im just joking yall, its a lovely country! As Jonathan Winters once said..."We will take you one day quietly in the night.." LMAO
    Alberta and Vancouver are absolutely beautiful. Ontario is gorgeous too (I'm bias). Down East is breathtaking. If you ever get a chance, definitely worth a visit! And Newfies (peeps from Newfoundland) are the nicest people ever

sunshine74137 Guest
    And there's lotsa sightseeing, severed heads, dead bodies in manholes, Floating feet ETC

Chevyheaven Guest
    Gosh your making me sick for the place Sunshine..thanks woman!!

Albertadude Guest
    A shout out to my fellow Canucks and its good to see were not all pee cee morons..thank goodness...

I have to drive quite a bit through various parts of Alberta and Northern B.C. and parts of Saskatchewan and I can tell you, Sask is just awful...and that is where my family is originally from..we all reside in Beatiful Alberta now...

Yes I am told the east is very nice also..especially the maritimes...

As for our murderer on the bus, one does have to wonder if the trip through Saskatchewan and Manitoba and the boredom that resulted could have made him snap?? I mean...I know from hours and hours of driving through these provinces have left me a very bitter and sick person.......

Anyways...good to see some Canucks here...thanks for the kind words....

Yeah I forgot about that province. Saskatchewan. There another boring place in Canada. When I go to the Calgary Stampede I always start out in Brandon to visit family than I head west on the Trans Canada. Going through MB and SK are the worst. What is up with names up there anyways?? Medicine Hat?? Moosejaw? Regina?? Love Alberta!

You forgot Swift Current, Chev. Or as the locals call it "Speedy Creek".

BTW, I'm still giggling about the question Is it true that Canadians carry hunting knives at all times?

And no, there's no chance that this killing will re-ignite the debate over the death penalty. Canadians like to consider themsleves to be humane people (WTF?!?!?), and to execute a man who's clearly nuttier than a shithouse rat wouldn't be right. I don't agree, but that's the prevailing opinion.

A shout out to my fellow Canucks and its good to see were not all pee cee morons..thank goodness...
    Hey, Dude you must've missed the post from someone here in Ontario who maintains that this killing was triggered by Stephen Harper's conservative policies. No shit. Do people really believe that sort of thing?

I've been reading this thread for a while now, and I just gotta say...I LOVE YOU GUYS! Let's all go to hell together. Think of the parties we could have!
    Just drink lots of Kool-Aid, and take one of these blue pills three times a day.

lass1 Guest
    Being a ex Winterpegger, Manisnowbian Lol I have to say its not as boring as Sask.
    A jerry can is a gas can u know to carry gasoline in. More specifically a narrow metal gas can that used to strap to the back of jeeps during ww11 hence the jerry name. Jerry was another name for a German Soldier.
    I am a font of useless info lol.

Seagorath Guest
    Why hasn't Li's family come out to offer condolences to Tim's family...or are they just as retarded as Li?

Chevyheaven Guest
    I think if someone in my immediate family did this I would be trying to keep a pretty low profile until the dust settled even then I dont know if it would be a good idea. If Tim were my son they are the last people I would want to hear from. Just not a good time.

Seagorath Guest
    And maybe they haven't even talked to Li yet about all the details. I have a tough time believing Li has been in custody this long without making a statement...for press purposes. This guy really needs to say something.

I think if someone in my immediate family did this I would be trying to keep a pretty low profile until the dust settled even then I dont know if it would be a good idea. If Tim were my son they are the last people I would want to hear from. Just not a good time.

Noelle Page Guest
    Just read a headline that described Tim as a "charming free spirit." Not a bad way for any of us to be remembered.

Chevyheaven Guest
    Yeah I was reading alot of posts about him and he really seemed loved by all his friends and family, he seemed to capture the worlds attention with his spirit. Over 50k people have joined the RIP Tim group on Facebook. That really says alot.

sunshine74137 Guest
    They'll write a book, and sell his half eaten toast on e-bay, It's all the rage

Albertadude Guest
    Duster, I had read that message by one of our fellow canadians about Harper and I was agog to say the least....it just tells me we have a lotta work to do here in Canada to get this country sane again.....

Lass1, I have to agree...Sask is even worse then Manitoba...which province are you in now?

Take care

lass1 Guest
    I live in BC now in the lower mainland. I love it here its beautiful can't get enough of the scenery and the ocean. Its expensive as hell but it truly is heaven on earth. I never get sick of looking at the mts.

Chevyheaven Guest
    I enjoy mountains myself.

sunshine74137 Guest
    I enjoy mountains myself.
    Chevy, Not another booby post

Chevyheaven Guest
    Well I was, I mean she said that she loved them and I was simply agreeing.
    Oh hey did you notice the picture in my signature? Do you like that Sunshine?

RaRaRamona Guest
    Heeey that pic didn't show up until I quoted!

Quote Originally Posted by lass1 View Post
    Being a ex Winterpegger, Manisnowbian Lol I have to say its not as boring as Sask.
    A jerry can is a gas can u know to carry gasoline in. More specifically a narrow metal gas can that used to strap to the back of jeeps during ww11 hence the jerry name. Jerry was another name for a German Soldier.
    I am a font of useless info lol.
    Thanks you! That is awesome! To be a fount of knowledge, that is.

I agree

Well I was, I mean she said that she loved them and I was simply agreeing.
    Oh hey did you notice the picture in my signature? Do you like that Sunshine?

Noelle Page Guest
    Question for Albertadude and Duster:

Several Canadians I've known seem very freaked out by guns. Not just anti-gun but viscerally upset by them. Grown men, hockey dads. Even if the topic comes up socially...they've gotten all somber and rattled (not to mention angry at the U.S.)....I've seen it more than once on separate occasions, it's remarkable. Once at a dinner party, someone brought out an antique gun, unloaded, just to show, and the Canadian gent at the table went visibly pale and literally trembled.

I mean, I'm not into guns particularly but I'm intrigued by this very strong reaction.

What's up with this, dya think?

(It's a little OT, but the subject of gun control has come up in this thread. Not trying to stir controversy, just curious)

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Question for Albertadude and Duster:

Several Canadians I've known seem very freaked out by guns. Not just anti-gun but viscerally upset by them. Grown men, hockey dads. Even if the topic comes up socially...they've gotten all somber and rattled (not to mention angry at the U.S.)....I've seen it more than once on separate occasions, it's remarkable. Once at a dinner party, someone brought out an antique gun, unloaded, just to show, and the Canadian gent at the table went visibly pale and literally trembled.

I mean, I'm not into guns particularly but I'm intrigued by this very strong reaction.

What's up with this, dya think?

(It's a little OT, but the subject of gun control has come up in this thread. Not trying to stir controversy, just curious)
    Are all the Canadians you know mentally ill?