Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Man decapitates passenger aboard Greyhound bus in Manitoba

Quote Originally Posted by kimba View Post
    WINNIPEG -- Passengers who witnessed a grisly killing aboard a Greyhound bus prevented an even greater tragedy by getting off and locking the accused killer inside, according to a self-defence expert.
    "Because of the intensity of the situation, many lives were saved by those people retreating," said retired military cop Kim Marshall, a 22-year veteran of the Canadian Forces. "They did exactly the right thing."
    Marshall, a former member of the military services' Close Personal Protection Team, said the randomness of the attack must have left everyone helpless to defend the victim.
    "In my opinion, even someone with police training would have had trouble apprehending the suspect," said Marshall, an instructor at Meibukan Goju Karate Winnipeg Dojo.
    Marshall said once the passengers knew the victim had been seriously wounded, they made the right choice to flee "because logic dictates self-preservation."

"I tell my students to use physical confrontation only as a last resort," he said.
    "In my professional opinion, anyone in close proximity to a knife should retreat, get to a safe place and then call authorities, which is what they did."
    In a highly stressful situation, there are physiological and psychological responses working closely together, said Marshall.
    "The brain is the most powerful tool we possess," he said.
    "It makes us aware of changing circumstances around us and how to deal with them."
    Some of victim Tim McLean Jr.'s longtime friends are upset no one on the bus tried to disarm the suspect.
    It may have been too late to save McLean Jr.'s life but had someone intervened, his body wouldn't have been disfigured and beheaded, they said.
    "At least they would have tried," said Jessica Kehler.
    "There were 37 people on the bus. One of them could have done something," said Collen Yestrau, who had known McLean since they were three.
    As you can imagine, this is all the talk up here - people are going on and on about it. Last night in the pub everyone was saying the same thing: There wer thirty-fucking-seven of them. They should have at least tried...

sunshine74137 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    As you can imagine, this is all the talk up here - people are going on and on about it. Last night in the pub everyone was saying the same thing: There wer thirty-fucking-seven of them. They should have at least tried...
    Liquid bravery!! " and If I'd have been there I'dove got that knife away with my big toe, Another shot of whiskey over her!"

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine74137 View Post
    Liquid bravery!! " and If I'd have been there I'dove got that knife away with my big toe, Another shot of whiskey over her!"
    Ha! I didn't want to say anything in the pub last night, Sunshine, but the same thing ocurred to me. Beer + shots = courage. People were saying things like everyone in the rest of the world must think we're a bunch of sissies now. Whatever, lol.

Seagorath Guest
    Any statement from the monster yet? The victim's family?

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    Any statement from the monster yet? The victim's family?
    Yeah, the victim's family is talking: They're saying leave us alone lol!

Nutjob himself hasn't said anything yet although the papers are quoting the greeting on his cell phone answering machine. It says something like "You have a nice day now!" His boss at the Edmonton Sun is also quoted lots: what nice quiet, guy he was, conscientious worker, never late, blah, blah, blah.

lisalouver Guest
    Yeah, the victim's family is talking: They're saying leave us alone lol!

Nutjob himself hasn't said anything yet although the papers are quoting the greeting on his cell phone answering machine. It says something like "You have a nice day now!" His boss at the Edmonton Sun is also quoted lots: what nice quiet, guy he was, conscientious worker, never late, blah, blah, blah.
    duster, what did shitbag do a tthe Sun?

He delivered papers (to the newspaper boxes/stores etc) early in the morning. He did it apparently for the Edmonton Sun, the Edmonton Journal and the National Post. The Sun's stories today don't mention that he actually worked for them, of course

lisalouver Guest
    He delivered papers (to the newspaper boxes/stores etc) early in the morning. He did it apparently for the Edmonton Sun, the Edmonton Journal and the National Post. The Sun's stories today don't mention that he actually worked for them, of course
    Of course not, they could not have a nutbar working for them, right?

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Of course not, they could not have a nutbar working for them, right?
    Of course not - not the Sun (it's a racy tabloid, famous for lurid crime reporting and semi-dressed "Sunshine Girls". But hiring psychopathic killers? They're waaayyy above that. )

sunshine74137 Guest
    Of course not - not the Sun (it's a racy tabloid, famous for lurid crime reporting and semi-dressed "Sunshine Girls". But hiring psychopathic killers? They're waaayyy above that. )
    Hey, Semi dressed Sunshine Girls? Oh yeah I guess I can't say anything

kimba Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine74137 View Post
    Hey, Semi dressed Sunshine Girls? Oh yeah I guess I can't say anything
    or semi dressed sunshine serial killers?

kimba Guest
    Wonder if it'll come out that this guy is involved in other crimes? Or did he just fill up and explode in a one time thing?
    Somebody capable of this must have done something in his past?

heartbreakdj00 Guest
    I dunno If this was already posted but here is the victims (Tim) Myspace page...
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=108390479

heartbreakdj00 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratgrrl View Post
    I looked for him on mydeathspace and he hasn't been listed yet. Here's his myspace page...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=108390479

Poor guy... RIP.
    Oops. Sorry just noticed that

kimba Guest
    Latest news:
    Police radio transmission in Manitoba bus slaying leaked on Internet

36 minutes ago
    TORONTO — A chilling recording of a radio transmission between RCMP officers responding to the killing of a man who was stabbed and dismembered aboard a Greyhound bus in Manitoba was leaked on the Internet and received widespread attention Saturday.
    On the recording, one officer describes the suspect - who police code-named Badger-moving around the bus, which was barricaded by the driver and a passenger.
    "Badger is armed with a knife and a pair of scissors and he is defiling the body at the front of the bus as we speak," an officer says on the transmission.
    The approximately 80-second recording was posted on several websites, including YouTube, where it had registered nearly 8,000 hits before it was made unavailable early Saturday afternoon.
    The RCMP issued a news release stressing they had not given permission to use the transmission as they are "operational police communications and as such are not meant for public consumption. "
    "Okay, Badger's at the back of the bus, hacking off pieces and eating it," the transmission ends.
    Witnesses said this week that the victim, Tim McLean, 22, was attacked by a big man on the bus near Portage la Prairie, Man.
    They described how McLean, from Winnipeg, was stabbed repeatedly Wednesday as the driver ushered passengers off the bus and barricaded the door shut so the attacker couldn't escape.
    Two witnesses said the attacker came to the front of the bus holding McLean's head.
    Police have only confirmed McLean was stabbed but have not released details of the horrifying killing.
    McLean's family was expected to make a statement Saturday.
    Police laid a charge of second-degree murder this week against a suspect, Vince Weiguang Li, 40, of Edmonton.
    Li made his first appearance in court Friday and is scheduled to be back before a judge in Portage la Prairie on Tuesday.
    Li has not entered a plea to the charges, which haven't been proven in court, and as of early Friday had not retained a lawyer to represent him.
    There were media reports that Li worked as a newspaper carrier for the Edmonton Sun and Edmonton Journal.
    As the police investigation continues, the online forums that sprouted shortly after the tragedy have transformed into a sprawling online community, with tens of thousands showing support for McLean's family and expressing disgust for the act itself.
    One of the many groups on the social networking site Facebook has accumulated over 40,000 members with more than 2,000 wall posts.
    "I never knew Tim and his family, but I wish all the best in this awful time," wrote Tamara from Edmonton.
    Tracy in Calgary called McLean's death "a senseless loss of life."
    "It's something right out of a horror movie," added Sheena in Edmonton.
    Some news coverage videos on YouTube have received upwards of 40,000 hits, and a number of people have weighed on the issue, publishing Webcam video of themselves trying to deal with what happened.
    In Dallas, Greyhound spokesperson Abby Wambaugh said ridership is remaining stable despite the tragedy.
    "As of right now we've seen little to no impact on ticket sales and inter-city bus travel continues to be a safe way to travel," said Wambaugh in a phone interview.
    She said she couldn't comment on how the bus driver is faring, citing privacy reasons, but stressed that in the case of a violent passenger, the driver handled the situation by the book.
    "They are taught to immediately pull over the bus and call the authorities," said Wambaugh.
    "The bus driver did exactly what our policy states."

I tried to find the link to the audio in the story, but it's been removed from Youtube. I'm sure it'll show up somewhere else tho...
    Last edited by kimba; 08-02-2008 at 02:41 PM.

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    Thats the audio i had sent to me a couple of days ago...

Seagorath Guest
    They keep removing the audio from YouTube, but folks are also reposting it...LiveLeak has it now...WARNING: It includes an "unnecessary" decapitated head shot...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=096_1217580722

Latest news:
    Police radio transmission in Manitoba bus slaying leaked on Internet

I tried to find the link to the audio in the story, but it's been removed from Youtube. I'm sure it'll show up somewhere else tho...

ShellBell Guest
    This is some kind of ..CRAZY!

ceege Guest
    Jesus Christ. That pic of the kid's head looks like he's alive cause his eyes are open. This stuff doesn't usually bother me. Not this time.

sunshine74137 Guest
    The head didn't look real to me. Are we sure thats it. it looks like those clay ones they make for identification purposes when a body is really decomposed

kandykisses Guest
    Wow don't snore on a bus.

Does it show him holding the head or is it on the ground or what. I am kinda sqiemish, so I have to get a good idea at what I will look at before I view it.

sunshine74137 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by eca1094 View Post
    Does it show him holding the head or is it on the ground or what. I am kinda sqiemish, so I have to get a good idea at what I will look at before I view it.
    eca, It's just a decapatated head on white background, I looked at the pic's of Tim and I just don't think it's real.

ceege Guest
    I went back and looked at it again. I don't know, the neck doesn't look as hacked up as I'm thinking it would if it was real. Maybe lisa can tell better.

Thanks guys. And thanks for not thinking I am such a wuss

Oh by the way I liked the way you said. It is just a decapitated head.

no, it's a pretend clay head. you can look.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    no, it's a pretend clay head. you can look.

Ok I will

Chevyheaven Guest
    That head was soooo not necessary That freaked me out!! I hate looking at heads so unattached to a body.

sunshine74137 Guest
    Oh by the way I liked the way you said. It is just a decapitated head.
    LMAO, well ya know!! I just don't think it's real, he had a gotee in his pic, and if you'd been on a bus for a while would you be clean shaven. the just a head also looks more Native American to me, I honestly think you will be looking at a wax head. All the pictures of scissors and knife are on the same background to contrived. i'm with you Cegee we need Lisa.

cherryghost Guest
    aboriginal,first nations, native, Indian.
    Now they are saying he is chinese.....quite a difference! The killer that is!

Or oh I may be confused with the need to distinguish nationality of the victim and the killer! Does it really matter at this stage?

The head was fake ...why did they do that?
    Last edited by cherryghost; 08-02-2008 at 05:12 PM.

I wonder what makes someone snap like he did. I read someplace that the last stop they made he seemed normal and was smoking a cig with of the other passengers, like he didn't have a care in the world.

I wonder what makes someone snap like he did. I read someplace that the last stop they made he seemed normal and was smoking a cig with of the other passengers, like he didn't have a care in the world.
    my take is that this is exactly the sort of person the term "go postal" is for.
    l guess it covers people who deliver newspapers as well as the mail.

It is kinda strange, but when you read about a spree killer or "new" serial killer. They all have the same description. *Hard worker, dependable, quiet, helped me with chores, that kinda of thing.

ceege Guest
    I've noticed that too. God save us from the quiet and dependable types eh?

cherryghost Guest
    That description fits a few of us on FAD!

RaRaRamona Guest
    l did?
    what did l do now?

I asked if anyone noticed the pic in his comments on his myspace page then I quoted you next & you had posted the pic I referred to so I just said "Oh, I see you did" haha

Some of victim Tim McLean Jr.'s longtime friends are upset no one on the bus tried to disarm the suspect.
    It may have been too late to save McLean Jr.'s life but had someone intervened, his body wouldn't have been disfigured and beheaded, they said.
    "At least they would have tried," said Jessica Kehler.
    That's just ridiculous. It reminds me of David Shaw risking his life to recover the body of a young man; he was dead & bringing his body to the surface wouldn't make it any less dead. I understand they love Tim but really? Some stranger should die do his body wouldn't be defiled? I completely understand how they feel, but that's asinine. He was gone - it was just his body, which had hacked up by that time anyway.

What a sick piece of shit!!!!...I'm tempted to pull a "Jack Ruby" on his bitch ass...This guy is "pure evil incarnate"...a bonafied MONSTER...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtyOPs-x9k0
    Removed!

Ha! I didn't want to say anything in the pub last night, Sunshine, but the same thing ocurred to me. Beer + shots = courage. People were saying things like everyone in the rest of the world must think we're a bunch of sissies now. Whatever, lol.
    I don't, I think they were smart - & very lucky. I looked but couldn't find the part where the mom threw her kid to safety - anyone know where that was?

famous for lurid crime reporting and semi-dressed "Sunshine Girls"
    http://www.torontosun.com/SUNshineGirl/home.html

Interesting

They keep removing the audio from YouTube, but folks are also reposting it...LiveLeak has it now...WARNING: It includes an "unnecessary" decapitated head shot...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=096_1217580722
    I am afraid to look!

karaoke Guest
    all it appears to be is a clay head, a 'gag' head that's put there to shock a little. It's like those fake hands you buy at Halloween to scare your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by ceege View Post
    I've noticed that too. God save us from the quiet and dependable types eh?

Oh OH That is what they said about me on my last review at work.

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I asked if anyone noticed the pic in his comments on his myspace page then I quoted you next & you had posted the pic I referred to so I just said "Oh, I see you did" haha
    oooooooohh gotcha.
    duh. LOL

the article in post #183 mentions about the woman throwing her toddler to safety.

ceege Guest
    Oh OH That is what they said about me on my last review at work.
    *ceege puts on a BIG smile facing eca, and slowly backs out of the thread*

Quote Originally Posted by ceege View Post
    *ceege puts on a BIG smile facing eca, and slowly backs out of the thread*

Smiles Back

RaRaRamona Guest
    oooooooohh gotcha.
    duh. LOL

the article in post #183 mentions about the woman throwing her toddler to safety.
    Thank you; that must have been even worse for the parents. I can't even imagine.

cherryghost Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by heartbreakdj00 View Post
    I dunno If this was already posted but here is the victims (Tim) Myspace page...
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=108390479

That is very poignant!

I notice lately how the internet gives people a domain to publicly express a lot of intimate feelings and details (even the everyday and banal!)

Grief and loss are suddenly very different in the context of things like myspace and facebook!

Its like the person living on in some way and being accessible for a little longer!

ceege Guest
    It's like their legacy in a way. I went to the victim's myspace page and really got a feel for who he was. You're right about how the internet has changed grief and loss.

sunshine74137 Guest
    So now people go "paperboy" instead of "postal" ?

Seagorath Guest
    Mourning family calls man beheaded on bus 'stubborn, kind'

Published: Saturday, August 02, 2008
    WINNIPEG - The family of a young man stabbed to death and beheaded on a Greyhound bus in Manitoba on Wednesday night finally spoke out Saturday, calling 22-year-old Tim McLean "a little guy with a heart bigger than you could know."

"Timothy Richard McLean - known as Timmy to his friends and Tim Junior by his family - was a stubborn soul and a kind one," said Tim's uncle, Alex McLean, reading a statement from the family.

"He made friends effortlessly, disliked no one, and accepted everyone for who they were. He was a charmer who loved to smile, and you could never take a plate of food away from him."

Through the statement, the family went on to thank the thousands of well-wishers who have expressed their sorrow and shock at Tim's gruesome and sudden death.

"The family appreciates all the love and support from friends, loved ones and the public nationwide," Alex McLean read. "The outpouring of well-wishes from complete strangers has been overwhelming."
    Dozens of tribute groups have been set up in Tim McLean's honour on social networking sites, where messages of condolence can be posted publicly.

By Saturday evening, more than 50,000 people had joined the tribute group, RIP Tim McLean.

Vince Weiguang Li, the 40-year-old suspect in the apparently unprovoked killing, appeared in court Friday in Portage la Prairie, Man., to face a second-degree murder charge.

Judge Rocky Pollack asked that Li, a resident of Edmonton who worked at a McDonald's restaurant, be held in custody in Winnipeg, pending a court-ordered psychological evaluation. He's set to appear in court again on Tuesday.

At the time of his death, Tim McLean was on his way home to Manitoba after working as a summer carnival worker at Edmonton's Capital Ex, and was planning to then work at Vancouver's Pacific National Exhibition.
    But he loved working at the PNE so much, he planned to move to Vancouver this summer, his friend Teisha Ryley said.

"He was just heading home from the carnival when that happened," Ryley said, adding that a friend called her Friday morning and told her McLean was dead.

"As soon as she said Manitoba, I knew. I immediately got sick to my stomach. I've hugged him, I've worked with him, I've talked to him. You never think you're going to go from being happy to never seeing him again."

"He was such a sweetheart. I cannot think of anybody who would not miss him," said Mayme Martin, 19, who worked the carnival circuit with McLean.

"To anybody who knew him, he was that bright, bubbly, happy guy. He was always out for fun. I already miss him.

"He was a sweetheart. He was tiny. We all called him Tiny Tim. He picked on me because I was smaller than him. But it was all in good fun. He'd never even hurt a fly. He wouldn't even kill an ant if it was crawling up his leg. He was that guy who all the girls said he was their best friend."

This would have been McLean's third stint at the PNE, where he worked for LL Enterprises, which provides midway games such as rollerball and darts to carnivals across the country.

Co-owner Lorne Lillemo described McLean as a "great kid" who was always on time, worked hard and never complained. He said McLean liked being a carny because it allowed him to travel around Canada.

"He always made people laugh and smile," Lillemo said. "If I had 10 Tims, I'd be a happy small business man. It's a real tragedy. I feel bad for his family."

To Ryley, McLean was a great friend, a funny, charismatic "ladies' man" who charmed everyone he met.

Although shy at first, he was a go-getter and true carny who loved working at the PNE. Despite the long hours on the job, he was always positive.

"Everyone loved him. Everybody who knew him clung to him," Ryley said. "He cracked jokes left, right and centre. He never took anything seriously; he lived for the moment."

Although they lived provinces apart, she and McLean kept in touch through the social-networking website Facebook.

"He was going to do the PNE again and was all excited," Ryley said. "He was planning to come live down here. He was talking about getting a place."

On Saturday, his family reiterated McLean's effect on others.
    "Tim spent his life travelling and meeting new people and always saw the good in everyone," read Alex McLean from the statement, declining to take questions from reporters.

"He had the most infectious giggle and you could hear him laughing a mile away. It didn't matter what kind of day you were having, because, when you heard him laugh, you couldn't help but join in. (He) touched the lives of so many people here, as well as in places he travelled."

Passengers described fleeing in terror from a Greyhound bus outside Portage la Prairie - 85 kilometres west of Winnipeg - as a passenger stabbed the man sleeping next to him, decapitated him and waved the severed head at horrified witnesses.

Winnipeg Free Press and Vancouver Sun, with file from Canwest News Service

Noelle Page Guest
    Mourning family calls man beheaded on bus 'stubborn, kind'

Published: Saturday, August 02, 2008
    WINNIPEG - The family of a young man stabbed to death and beheaded on a Greyhound bus in Manitoba on Wednesday night finally spoke out Saturday, calling 22-year-old Tim McLean "a little guy with a heart bigger than you could know."

"Timothy Richard McLean - known as Timmy to his friends and Tim Junior by his family - was a stubborn soul and a kind one," said Tim's uncle, Alex McLean, reading a statement from the family.

"He made friends effortlessly, disliked no one, and accepted everyone for who they were. He was a charmer who loved to smile, and you could never take a plate of food away from him."

Through the statement, the family went on to thank the thousands of well-wishers who have expressed their sorrow and shock at Tim's gruesome and sudden death.

"The family appreciates all the love and support from friends, loved ones and the public nationwide," Alex McLean read. "The outpouring of well-wishes from complete strangers has been overwhelming."
    Dozens of tribute groups have been set up in Tim McLean's honour on social networking sites, where messages of condolence can be posted publicly.

By Saturday evening, more than 50,000 people had joined the tribute group, RIP Tim McLean.

Vince Weiguang Li, the 40-year-old suspect in the apparently unprovoked killing, appeared in court Friday in Portage la Prairie, Man., to face a second-degree murder charge.

Judge Rocky Pollack asked that Li, a resident of Edmonton who worked at a McDonald's restaurant, be held in custody in Winnipeg, pending a court-ordered psychological evaluation. He's set to appear in court again on Tuesday.

At the time of his death, Tim McLean was on his way home to Manitoba after working as a summer carnival worker at Edmonton's Capital Ex, and was planning to then work at Vancouver's Pacific National Exhibition.
    But he loved working at the PNE so much, he planned to move to Vancouver this summer, his friend Teisha Ryley said.

"He was just heading home from the carnival when that happened," Ryley said, adding that a friend called her Friday morning and told her McLean was dead.

"As soon as she said Manitoba, I knew. I immediately got sick to my stomach. I've hugged him, I've worked with him, I've talked to him. You never think you're going to go from being happy to never seeing him again."

"He was such a sweetheart. I cannot think of anybody who would not miss him," said Mayme Martin, 19, who worked the carnival circuit with McLean.

"To anybody who knew him, he was that bright, bubbly, happy guy. He was always out for fun. I already miss him.

"He was a sweetheart. He was tiny. We all called him Tiny Tim. He picked on me because I was smaller than him. But it was all in good fun. He'd never even hurt a fly. He wouldn't even kill an ant if it was crawling up his leg. He was that guy who all the girls said he was their best friend."

This would have been McLean's third stint at the PNE, where he worked for LL Enterprises, which provides midway games such as rollerball and darts to carnivals across the country.

Co-owner Lorne Lillemo described McLean as a "great kid" who was always on time, worked hard and never complained. He said McLean liked being a carny because it allowed him to travel around Canada.

"He always made people laugh and smile," Lillemo said. "If I had 10 Tims, I'd be a happy small business man. It's a real tragedy. I feel bad for his family."

To Ryley, McLean was a great friend, a funny, charismatic "ladies' man" who charmed everyone he met.

Although shy at first, he was a go-getter and true carny who loved working at the PNE. Despite the long hours on the job, he was always positive.

"Everyone loved him. Everybody who knew him clung to him," Ryley said. "He cracked jokes left, right and centre. He never took anything seriously; he lived for the moment."

Although they lived provinces apart, she and McLean kept in touch through the social-networking website Facebook.

"He was going to do the PNE again and was all excited," Ryley said. "He was planning to come live down here. He was talking about getting a place."

On Saturday, his family reiterated McLean's effect on others.
    "Tim spent his life travelling and meeting new people and always saw the good in everyone," read Alex McLean from the statement, declining to take questions from reporters.

"He had the most infectious giggle and you could hear him laughing a mile away. It didn't matter what kind of day you were having, because, when you heard him laugh, you couldn't help but join in. (He) touched the lives of so many people here, as well as in places he travelled."

Passengers described fleeing in terror from a Greyhound bus outside Portage la Prairie - 85 kilometres west of Winnipeg - as a passenger stabbed the man sleeping next to him, decapitated him and waved the severed head at horrified witnesses.

Winnipeg Free Press and Vancouver Sun, with file from Canwest News Service

Dear God. Pure evil. May Tim's soul find everlasting peace, and may his family see justice done. Surely they will never have another happy day in their lives.

I really can't say any more about this abomination.

Except.....SECOND degree murder? WTF? Will someone please explain?
    Last edited by Noelle Page; 08-02-2008 at 07:18 PM.

annannanna Guest
    It wasn't a planned killing, i guess

Noelle Page Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by annannanna View Post
    It wasn't a planned killing, i guess
    Sure, impulse. The evil fucker just really wanted to do it.