Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Man decapitates passenger aboard Greyhound bus in Manitoba

sunshine74137 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    He looks like he's got something on his head, but I can't quite make it out.

He's only charged with second degree, and we all know what that means: Bright sparks that they are, the Crown's figured out that this guy's barking fucking mad.
    The guy they interviewed said he was bald so unless his hair shoots out he has to have on a hat of some sort. 2nd degree what does that mean in Canada, loony bin instead of prison?

pvezz Guest
    He looks like he's got something on his head, but I can't quite make it out.

He's only charged with second degree, and we all know what that means: Bright sparks that they are, the Crown's figured out that this guy's barking fucking mad.
    Almost looks like a yarmulka.....

Chevyheaven Guest
    I hope second degree murder in Canada is the same as first degree here.
    He looks spooky.

pvezz Guest
    Am I correct in stating that Canada does not have the death penalty? So what is second degree murder in Canada? Is that kinda like "he did it but he didn't know what he was doing because he's fucking crazy??"

Chevyheaven Guest
    That dude looks native american/canadian how ever yall call it these days more than oriental. hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine74137 View Post
    The guy they interviewed said he was bald so unless his hair shoots out he has to have on a hat of some sort. 2nd degree what does that mean in Canada, loony bin instead of prison?

It means he didn't think about it beforehand, plan it out, or target this kid specifically. In other words, he just went suddenly out of his head and decided to eat his seat mate. It means penetentiary time, but I can't imagine this crazy getting anything but a looney bin.

BTW, Sunshine, I'm pretty sure that Canada and the US have roughly the same sorts of criminal charges, including second degree murder.

BTW2 If any hags want to correct my legal definitions be my guest - I'm no lawyer

katspjs Guest
    God, that's just awful. Was he seriously a cannibal or just figured he might as well eat (or try to eat) the poor guy? And hopefully he was dead before he got beheaded, because getting beheaded with just a knife, and by hand, must be so painful the few minutes you are alive.

Chevyheaven Guest
    So I wonder if he is considered mentally unstable that he will go to the looney bin and than once he becomes sane again he will be let go? He reminds me of that big Indian guy in the movie One flew over the cuckoos nest. He looks like a mean fella

sunshine74137 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by katspjs View Post
    God, that's just awful. Was he seriously a cannibal or just figured he might as well eat (or try to eat) the poor guy? And hopefully he was dead before he got beheaded, because getting beheaded with just a knife, and by hand, must be so painful the few minutes you are alive.
    Ya gotta get rid of the evidance

katspjs Guest
    I suppose. He should have just brought a blow torch if he wanted to do that, though

This guy's seeming weirder all the time...Here's the latest on his court appearance:

BC-Bus-Beheading, 3rd Writethrucode:1
    Update:ADDS Li has no known criminal record
    Eds:Will be budgeted writethru
    See Photos
    See Video
    INDEX:Justice, Travel
    HL:Man accused of beheading victim on Greyhound bus appears in
    Manitoba court
    THE CANADIAN PRESS
    PORTAGE LA PRAIRIE, Man. -- The man accused in the beheading of a
    fellow passenger on a Greyhound bus in Manitoba uttered not a word
    when he made his first court appearance Friday.
    Vince Weiguang Li, 40, of Edmonton, his feet shackled, shuffled
    into a courtroom in Portage la Prairie, Man., with his head bowed.
    He did not make eye contact with anyone the entire time he was
    before the judge.
    He would not even reply when the judge asked him if he was going
    to get a lawyer, and only nodded slightly when asked whether he was
    exercising his right not to speak.
    The Crown asked for a psychiatric assessment, but the judge said
    he wanted to give Li a chance to talk to a lawyer about that.
    "It's early and I think the judge just wants to respect his
    rights to ... speak to counsel and he's giving him that
    opportunity," Crown prosecutor Larry Hodgson said outside court.
    "I don't think it will be very long that they'll allow him to do
    that."
    Hodgson said if Li doesn't get his own lawyer, the court could
    appoint one or the case could proceed anyway.
    Li's next court appearance is scheduled for Tuesday in Portage la
    Prairie.
    Li is charged with second-degree murder in the gruesome slaying
    of Tim McLean, 22, on a Greyhound bus that was travelling from
    Edmonton to Winnipeg. Police have not identified the victim, but
    friends say it was McLean.
    Passengers say the young man was stabbed repeatedly before he was
    beheaded and his body carved up. Police have only confirmed that a
    man was stabbed.
    Some passengers also described McLean's attacker as a big man who
    weighed at least 200 pounds.
    The man who appeared in court Friday wearing a grey T-shirt and
    prisoner's vest appeared to be about five-foot-eight or nine with a
    stocky build.
    Hodgson couldn't offer many details about Li.
    "I know he was from Edmonton. I don't know why he was on the
    bus. That's still under investigation."
    The RCMP said Li has no known criminal record.
    Meanwhile, tributes to the victim were pouring into social
    networking and media websites. A Facebook website called "R.I.P.
    Tim" quickly sprang up after news of the attack.
    "I can't believe this is happening," wrote Leah Dryburgh of
    Winnipeg. "Tim, you were the best guy ever. You didn't deserve this
    at all."
    Friends described McLean as a quiet, easy-going carnival worker
    who was heading home to Winnipeg after a job in Edmonton.

13:38ET 01-08-08

Ya gotta get rid of the evidance
    Ewwwww

GravesEnd Guest
    A horrific tragedy. My heart goes out to Tim and his family. Life can be so cruel and unfair. I'm sure people traveling by greyhound buses today are looking at their seat mates a little closer and with more suspicion. I doubt they are sleeping on the bus.

I think what gets me about this story is that this can happen anywhere. The bus, an airplane, in a grocery store. Just have someone snap for no reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

sunshine74137 Guest
    What a Whackado, Did you see the court appearance said there was video!

What a Whackado, Did you see the court appearance said there was video!
    I'll go look for it

pvezz Guest
    An article I found about the history of the death penalty in Canada:

http://www.amnesty.ca/deathpenalty/canada.php

sunshine74137 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevyheaven View Post
    So I wonder if he is considered mentally unstable that he will go to the looney bin and than once he becomes sane again he will be let go? He reminds me of that big Indian guy in the movie One flew over the cuckoos nest. He looks like a mean fella
    He seems even more like big indian guy since he's not talking

I hate to admit this, but I can find no video of this character. CBC Newsworld and CTV Newsnet are Canada's version of CNN, but - unless I'm doing something wrong - thye don't have video of the court apperance, just stills.

Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    An article I found about the history of the death penalty in Canada:

http://www.amnesty.ca/deathpenalty/canada.php

I have a feeling that even if we had the DP these days this guy wouldn't qualify. He's clearly crazy. I believe it's the same in the US - if you don't understand the nature and quality of your action, you're insane and cannot be put to death. Even in Texas

katspjs Guest
    My budding DH 13 year old daughter jumped in here 2x as me after assigning me an avatar....please excuse....

sunshine74137 Guest
    I wonder if there was a incident, that caused this break, since it says he doesn't have a previous record

I wonder if there was a incident, that caused this break, since it says he doesn't have a previous record
    Crystal Meth? Or crack?

Chevyheaven Guest
    Maybe he was a deathhag that was thinking about it for along time but just never had the nerve to do it. Than he decided yesterday was the day. errie.

I♥TinyTim Guest
    Not sure if anyone else knows about the latest updates on this, but here's an informative article: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,396043,00.html

Honestly? I'm sorry I ever opened this thread. How horrible and unfathomable it is that someone can do such a thing to another human being... It's beyond me! I can't even attempt to wrap my mind around this. I read the report where it actually described how the guy had the victim on the floor, and was... (you know.) Can you imagine walking up on someone doing something like that to someone else? ON A FRICKIN' BUS, FOR PETE'S SAKE!!! Those three men who attempted rescue, and those police officers (and the passengers) are all going to be scarred for life. The victim was only around 5' 4" and the guy who killed him was WAYYYYY bigger than he was. Not only is the killer psycho, but I say the killer is a chicken-shit coward for chosing such a small victim. Why didn't he pick on someone his own size? WHY??!!!!!!! Because he's too f-ing chicken-shit, that's why!!! But you know, he didn't just ruin that one life - he ruined all 30-some-odd lives.

I'm sorry to be so long-winded, but this really angers me. I'm sorry if I seem to be rambling, but I haven't had ANY sleep - been too scared to sleep after reading about this. All I could do was think about it and sob uncontrollably for the rediculously needless loss of innocent life, and the whole bizarre scenario of what happened. I keep thinking about the poor guy's last moments, and what his family must be going through and how they are hurting, and how all of those passengers must be feeling - especially the young children who were FORCED against their will by this ROTTEN S.O.B<--*said through gritted teeth* to have to witness that, and I keep seeing the poor guy sleeping with his head propped against the window just before it happened, not realizing that his eyes would be permanently and eternally shut and never see it coming, and I have sobbed to the point of hyperventilation. I just can't believe how hateful and mean some people can be! I don't care HOW sick they are mentally - it's NO EXCUSE!!! This is why it should be illegal for people to go off their meds, if found out, because this is the kind of crap that happens. The next time someone says a rude word to me, or shoots me a dirty look for no reason, I'll be thankful that's ALL they did to me.

whoa.

Seagorath Guest
    You didn't offend me friend...

Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
    It was just a joke, Seagorath.

I associate such savage beheadings with people of my descent because, well -- they're the masters of it. Not proud, or anything -- just saying.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Seagorath Guest
    Here's the bastard negotiating with the cops...

am l the only one peering to see if l can spot him holding the head?

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post

Ha! That's just what I was doing. Or perhaps a limb, maybe even a little blood. Oh, God, I'm so going to hell...

Seagorath Guest
    No, I did the same thing...was looking for a silhouette or something. There is another shot of the entire bus somewhere (a side shot)...wonder if there are any pics with blood on the windows.

I really feel bad for this poor chap...he looks a lot like one of my friends. It sucks that he had to go out like this...R.I.P. Tim!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post

Ha! That's just what I was doing. Or perhaps a limb, maybe even a little blood. Oh, God, I'm so going to hell...
    haaaaaaaaa
    guess l'll see you there, then!

kimba Guest
    Canadian police charge 40-year-old man in bus beheading

4 hours ago
    OTTAWA (AFP) — Police charged a suspect Friday with unpremeditated murder in the horrific stabbing, beheading and gutting of a fellow bus passenger returning home from a carnival in Western Canada.
    Vince Weiguang Li, 40, of Edmonton faces a charge of second-degree murder, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police announced.
    The victim was 22 years old, police said. Friends identified him as Tim McLean, a happy-go-lucky young man who was returning home to Winnipeg from a job as a carnival worker in Edmonton.
    In a brief court appearance, Li, his face bruised and swollen, his right hand wrapped in a large bandage, did not speak and only nodded yes or no to questions from the judge.
    A few minutes later, the matter was adjourned without a plea to August 5 when prosecutors are expected to ask for a psychiatric assessment of the accused.
    According to reports, McLean had been listening to music and texting friends and family, his cheek pressed against the window of the bus when his assailant struck suddenly, stabbing him repeatedly in the chest with a "big Rambo knife."
    The other 34 passengers and the driver were jolted by "blood-curdling screams" and fled, bracing the door on their way out to trap the assailant inside the bus, witness Garnet Caton told public broadcaster CBC.
    "He must have stabbed him 50 times or 60 times," said Caton.
    "The Legend of Zorro" had been playing on tiny movie screens on the bus as dusk approached and passengers began to doze off.
    The victim's father told CBC he had received a text message from his son as the bus was leaving Brandon for the last leg of his 600-kilometer (370-mile) journey, asking if he could stay the night.
    Tim McLean Sr. replied, of course, he could come home.
    The suspect, described as a large man wearing sun glasses, had been on the bus for only an hour and did not sit near McLean at first, said Caton.
    During a stop, the suspect smoked a cigarette and then moved to the back of the bus to find an empty seat next to McLean, stowing his bags in an overhead bin, he said.
    Half an hour later, he stood up and stabbed McLean.
    The bus driver, hearing screams, pulled to the side of the desolate road, and opened the door.
    Passengers scrambled over one another, according to witnesses cited by the Globe and Mail newspaper. An elderly woman was knocked to the floor. A mother seated at the rear threw her toddler several rows forward to get the child away from danger.
    When Caton and two others returned to check on the victim, armed with a crowbar and a hammer provided by a trucker who stopped behind the bus, he said they saw the attacker "cutting the guy's head off and gutting him."
    "While we were watching ... he calmly walked up to the front (of the bus) with the head in his hand and the knife and just calmly stared at us and dropped the head right in front of us."
    "There was no rage in him and he wasn't swearing or cursing or anything, it was just like he was a robot or something."
    Moments later, police surrounded the bus and arrested the man after a nearly three-hour standoff, an official said. "He was taunting police with the head in his hand out the window," said Caton.
    The suspect eventually jumped out of a broken window of the bus and was subdued by police, RCMP Sergeant Steve Colwell told a press conference.
    "At this time, I'm not aware of what may have provoked this attack," Colwell said, refusing to comment on eyewitness accounts of attack, which occured at 9 pm Wednesday (0200 GMT Thursday) on a Greyhound bus traveling east from Edmonton to Winnipeg.
    "I can confirm the victim was stabbed, and that the victim was pronounced dead at the scene," he said.
    Overnight, a Facebook website called "R.I.P. Tim" sprang up after news of his death.
    "This is one of the most horrific crimes I have ever heard in my life," said one posting.
    "I can't believe this is happening," wrote Leah Dryburgh of Winnipeg. "Tim, you were the best guy ever. You didn't deserve this at all."
    Public Safety Minister Stockwell Day called the attack "horrific."

Seagorath Guest
    Here's Tim's Facebook tribute page...

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=22639421199

Chevyheaven Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kimba View Post
    Canadian police charge 40-year-old man in bus beheading

Li, his face bruised and swollen, his right hand wrapped in a large bandage, did not speak and only nodded yes or no to questions from the judge.
    Well thats good to know sounds like the little dude got in a few good punches.

Chevy raised a good question earlier that still hasn't been answered: More than 30 people were on this bus when the attack happened. Why didn't it occur to anyone to try to stop the attack as soon as the screaming started? Here's something else that pisses me off about the passenegers' behavior:

"Passengers scrambled over one another, according to witnesses cited by the Globe and Mail newspaper. An elderly woman was knocked to the floor."

Seagorath Guest
    Latest : Mental anguish : CTV Newsnet: Murray Oliver on the family's reaction

The family of a boy who was burtally murdered on a Greyhound bus is shocked by the senseless act. The family is also expressing anger over the fact that the RCMP was not the first to notify them, instead a journalist at their door broke the news.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    Here's the bastard negotiating with the cops...
    I would have shot him in the head.

Nooo was he a dad?

aw man! if you look at the pics posted, some of them are from already-existing albums on facebook. and tim himself wrote jokes about them.
    ugh, that made it more real for me somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Nooo was he a dad?
    that's his friend's daughter.

Lmao - Red would've made sure that killer kept his stick on the ice
    Good one, Duster!

Seagorath Guest
    The CTV news broadcasts are building up...there's lots of information on those. Man, this really sucks...the interview with Tim's friends is heartbreaking. This isn't mental illness...this is PURE EVIL!

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    Chevy raised a good question earlier that still hasn't been answered: More than 30 people were on this bus when the attack happened. Why didn't it occur to anyone to try to stop the attack as soon as the screaming started? Here's something else that pisses me off about the passenegers' behavior:

"Passengers scrambled over one another, according to witnesses cited by the Globe and Mail newspaper. An elderly woman was knocked to the floor."

That concerned me as well Duster...
    It reminds me of the father who had killed his toddler son, and at least some witnesses had tried to stop him...I know I would have been one of the ones trying to protect my baby, but if I were alone, I am sure I could have at least found a few heavy things in my bags to throw at him or hit him with...

GravesEnd Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ihearttinytim View Post
    Not sure if anyone else knows about the latest updates on this, but here's an informative article: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,396043,00.html

Honestly? I'm sorry I ever opened this thread. How horrible and unfathomable it is that someone can do such a thing to another human being... It's beyond me! I can't even attempt to wrap my mind around this. I read the report where it actually described how the guy had the victim on the floor, and was... (you know.) Can you imagine walking up on someone doing something like that to someone else? ON A FRICKIN' BUS, FOR PETE'S SAKE!!! Those three men who attempted rescue, and those police officers (and the passengers) are all going to be scarred for life. The victim was only around 5' 4" and the guy who killed him was WAYYYYY bigger than he was. Not only is the killer psycho, but I say the killer is a chicken-shit coward for chosing such a small victim. Why didn't he pick on someone his own size? WHY??!!!!!!! Because he's too f-ing chicken-shit, that's why!!! But you know, he didn't just ruin that one life - he ruined all 30-some-odd lives.

I'm sorry to be so long-winded, but this really angers me. I'm sorry if I seem to be rambling, but I haven't had ANY sleep - been too scared to sleep after reading about this. All I could do was think about it and sob uncontrollably for the rediculously needless loss of innocent life, and the whole bizarre scenario of what happened. I keep thinking about the poor guy's last moments, and what his family must be going through and how they are hurting, and how all of those passengers must be feeling - especially the young children who were FORCED against their will by this ROTTEN S.O.B<--*said through gritted teeth* to have to witness that, and I keep seeing the poor guy sleeping with his head propped against the window just before it happened, not realizing that his eyes would be permanently and eternally shut and never see it coming, and I have sobbed to the point of hyperventilation. I just can't believe how hateful and mean some people can be! I don't care HOW sick they are mentally - it's NO EXCUSE!!! This is why it should be illegal for people to go off their meds, if found out, because this is the kind of crap that happens. The next time someone says a rude word to me, or shoots me a dirty look for no reason, I'll be thankful that's ALL they did to me.
    I understand and empathize at how you are feeling. I feel the same. This particular case has really bothered me. Just the senselessness and random brutality is unfathomable. I feel for Tim's family and everyone who had to witness this horrible act.

pvezz Guest
    He was a handsome young man.

I♥TinyTim Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GravesEnd View Post
    I understand and empathize at how you are feeling. I feel the same. This particular case has really bothered me. Just the senselessness and random brutality is unfathomable. I feel for Tim's family and everyone who had to witness this horrible act.
    Glad I'm not the only one sobbing over a complete stranger. I tried to visit "RIP TIM" but the school computer won't allow me to visit facebook (and I still don't have a hook-up at home.) I suppose it's for the best; I'd probably start sobbing again. Geez, if I feel this bad, and he was a total stranger, can you imagine how his friends and family are feeling...

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by deathybrad View Post
    One time I rode a on a Greyhound from Iowa to Florida and somewhere along the way after about 30 hours on a bus I said "I'm not poor enough to be riding a bus". Everything got real quiet and I thought I was going to be decapitated.
    Ok, I admit I found this funny.

Seagorath Guest
    I want that deaf, dumb, mute, retarded, insane, sickfuck shitburger to open his goddamn mouth!!!!

lisalouver Guest
    What a strange vest thong. Like you have to identify who the prisoner is, It's the guy in handcuffs.
    I think it's a bullet proof vest. They did that here with Alfonso Rodriguez, the shitbag who killed Dru Sjodin.

Chevyheaven Guest
    I want that deaf, dumb, mute, retarded, insane, sickfuck shitburger to open his goddamn mouth!!!!

Me too I want to hear what he has to say for himself What drove him to this and what the heck was going thru his pea brain that he had to go and take an innocent kids life. He prolly is gonna claim insanity right now so he gets a minimal sentence. If he does he will most likely be out in 10 years. Sick.