Page 1 of 24 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: Man decapitates passenger aboard Greyhound bus in Manitoba

PlumCrazyPurple Guest

Man decapitates passenger aboard Greyhound bus in Manitoba

Ghoulie Girl Guest
    Oh my freakin' word.

rickenbacker Guest
    Holy crap! What a bizarre story. But, being the sick bastage that I am, I had to laugh at "When we saw the head, we knew he was dead".

don't_axe_me Guest
    "when we saw the head, we knew he was dead"

Sorry....a bit obvious, maybe?

That is some nasty savage shit!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Don't forget to start your day with a nutritious breakfast!

Lita Guest
    When you leave your mouse over a topic, the first couple of sentences appear. Well, smileys show up as words like so it had the URL of the story and eek eek eek. I had the Psycho tune in my head from the infamous shower scene. That's just crazy though. I mean, waving the poor guy's head around? That knife had to be hella sharp to get through the vertabrae.

A-train Guest
    WTF!!!? Wow.

Snudgie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rickenbacker View Post
    Holy crap! What a bizarre story. But, being the sick bastage that I am, I had to laugh at "When we saw the head, we knew he was dead".
    That's the bit I noticed as well..LOL...I'm going to hell for giggling...sorry

Did he look like a baby seal?
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Seagorath Guest
    Imagine being one of the horrified onlookers of this tragedy. What the hell is wrong with the human race?...seems like people are "snapping" everywhere. Better get that pepper spray!

krypy22 Guest

Man decapitates passenger aboard Greyhound bus in Manitoba

A passenger repeatedly stabbed and then decapitated a young man aboard a Greyhound bus travelling through Manitoba overnight in what appears to be a random attack, a witness said Thursday.
    The RCMP would not confirm the reports, only saying that a "major incident" took place late Wednesday evening on the bus as it drove along the Trans-Canada Highway en route to Winnipeg from Edmonton.
    A man was taken into custody after an hours-long standoff with police ended around 1 a.m. near Portage la Prairie, a city about 85 kilometres west of Winnipeg, according to reports.
    Passenger Garnet Caton, who was sitting in the seat in front of the victim, told CBC News in gruesome detail how he saw the attacker stab his seatmate, a young man sleeping with his headphones on.
    Caton said he heard a "blood-curdling scream" and turned around to see the attacker holding a large "Rambo" hunting knife above the victim, "continually stabbing him in the chest area."
    "He must have stabbed him 50 times or 60 times," said Caton.
    As panicked passengers fled the bus, "the attacker was over top of the victim â?¦ continually cutting him. I think the victim was gone at that point," Caton said.
    Trio tried to check on victim

Caton, the driver and a trucker who had stopped at the scene later boarded the vehicle to see if the victim was still alive.
    "When we came back on the bus, it was visible at the end of the bus he was cutting the guy's head off and pretty much gutting him up," said Caton.
    The attacker ran at them, Caton said, and they ran out of the bus, holding the door shut as he tried to slash at the trio.
    When the attacker tried to drive the bus away, the driver disabled the vehicle, Caton said.
    "While we were watching the door, he calmly walks up to the front with the head in his hand and the knife and just calmly stares at us and drops the head right in front of us," said Caton.
    Acted 'like he was a robot'

Caton described the attacker as surprisingly calm. "It was like he was at the beach or something. There was no rage in him. He wasn't swearing or cursing or anything. It was just like he was a robot or something."
    Police cruisers arrived about 10 minutes after the attack began, he estimates, and officers began directing passengers to school buses to take them to a hotel in Brandon.
    "While we were waiting on the side of the road, [the attacker] was taunting the police with the head in his hand," said Caton.
    Caton described the attacker as appearing "totally normal" earlier in the journey, even chatting with a young woman as he smoked a cigarette during a break.
    But when he got back on the bus, he moved his belongings from the front to a seat beside the victim in the back and about 20 minutes later began attacking the man, said Caton. "He didn't say anything to the victim at all," said Caton.
    'Pretty traumatic'

A six-year-old and other children were among the passengers who saw the horrific incident unfold, said Caton.
    "It was pretty traumatic," he said, adding that some passengers said they have been unable to sleep or eat since it happened.
    A chaplain and crisis team were on hand to counsel passengers at the hotel, he said.
    Officers were still at the scene early Thursday and brought portable search lights to examine the bus, the CBC's Sean Kavanagh reported. Traffic was being rerouted to a side road.
    Abby Wambaugh, media relations spokeswoman for Greyhound Canada, said there were 37 passengers and a driver aboard the bus.
    She would not comment on what happened on the bus.
    "I don't want to compromise the investigation, so any details need to be confirmed by the police," she said.

RaRaRamona Guest
    That sounds really crazy to be random. They don't check for weapons on buses? I don't like the idea of buses anyway.

The poor kids who saw this.

GODDESS6 Guest
    that is just horrid~ i would have been one of the passengers puking~

FannyB1923 Guest
    We had an incident aboard a prison transport bus here in Maryland a while back. This one prisoner turned out to be violently insane, grabbed another prisoner and strangled him! The victim was just a 22/23 year old, trying to serve out his time and stay out of trouble. His family is beyond upset that this dangerous person was in the general prison population, and especially angry the guards were sitting up front talking while this kid was getting murdered!

sunshine74137 Guest
    That is insane, I hope they let us know his reasoning.

Vamp Guest
    Not even a Greyhound bus is safe now a days. I guess psychos can show up anywhere.

Haven't I seen this thread before somewhere?

sunshine74137 Guest
    There wasn't a date, I had assumed it just happened.

ceege Guest
    Yes they can. Just think how vulnerable you are on a bus or a plane. There's no place to escape should your seatmate turn out to be a psycho.

Did they kill the guy or take him into custody?

Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    that is just horrid~ i would have been one of the passengers puking~

I would have been one of the passengers takiing pics . Just for us...(I know, I know. I'm going to hell)

Overreact much?
    This thing is just hours old, and now the federal fucking government is getting into it. C'mon guys. Surely you've got better things to do?

Day-Bus-Stabbing
    INDEX:Justice, Politics, Social
    Day decries bus stabbing as one-of-a-kind in Canadian history
    LEVIS, Que. - Public Safety Minister Stockwell Day is expressing
    shock at what he calls a `horrific' bus stabbing that he's calling
    one-of-a-kind in Canadian history.
    Day was reacting to what witnesses say was a savage knife attack
    on a Greyhound bus in Manitoba that resulted in a person being
    killed and later beheaded.
    Day, in Levis, Que., for a summer planning session of
    Conservative MPs, says the full weight of the law must be brought to
    bear on the perpetrator.
    But he says such an incident is, thankfully, extremely rare - in
    fact he's calling it `probably one-of-a-kind in Canadian history.'
    Day says he wouldn't even entertain the notion of registering
    knives as dangerous weapons, noting that millions of kitchen knives
    alone are likely sold each year.
    (The Canadian Press)
    11:37ET 31-07-08

sunshine74137 Guest
    One of a kind. As opposed to other generic canadian beheadings? This one had that special quality not often found

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine74137 View Post
    One of a kind. As opposed to other generic canadian beheadings? This one had that special quality not often found
    Lol ...This is just embarasssing. I should never post anything from the federal government...

Anyway, here's a bit of an update, with a little bit of video on the same page. http://www.thestar.com/News/Canada/article/470342

onekindsistah Guest
    That's pretty wild!

sunshine74137 Guest
    Now that video was very unfair, Where's the head? I'm feeling bloodthirsty today, I wanted to se him put on his little window puppet show

RoRo Guest
    how horrible for the people that had to see that (and of course the victim)...I will just stick to my mini-van ...dammit can't fly, sail and now no buses....sigh

Now that video was very unfair, Where's the head? I'm feeling bloodthirsty today, I wanted to se him put on his little window puppet show
    Don't you think you'd have to do your "Ewww Dance" if you saw that video?

ceege Guest
    Damn, I thought we were going to see *stuff*. I for one would have been filming like mad.

sunshine74137 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    Don't you think you'd have to do your "Ewww Dance" if you saw that video?
    Oh yeah, I forgot decapitation does tend to bring on fits of the ewww dance

WynterPhantom Guest
    Thats absolutely horrific! I feel bad for the kids especially.

But...I'm glad I'm not the only one going to Hell for laughing at "When we saw the head, we knew he was dead". Um, yeah...ya think!?

pvezz Guest
    This line made me LOL:

"Day says he wouldn't even entertain the notion of registering
    knives as dangerous weapons, noting that millions of kitchen knives
    alone are likely sold each year."

Thanks for makin' note of that, pal.

TheMysterian Guest
    Insanity!

djdeath-hag Guest
    I'm hellbound for sure, since I laughed so hard at Sunshine's mention of "his little window puppet show", I think that one or possibly more than one of my internal organs was dislodged! Bonus HHs & a kiss to ya Sunshine!

Chevyheaven Guest
    I think its really neat listening to Canadians talk. That guy being interviewed was all like.."A-boot this and A-boot that.." Great accent. Accents are really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyheaven View Post
    I think its really neat listening to Canadians talk. That guy being interviewed was all like.."A-boot this and A-boot that.." Great accent. Accents are really cool.
    Those guys didn't have accents. I don't know what you're talking aboot, Chevy.

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    I would have been one of the passengers takiing pics . Just for us...(I know, I know. I'm going to hell)
    I'm hoping there are pics. I wanna see.
    See ya in hell I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikealmonds View Post
    I'm hoping there are pics. I wanna see.
    See ya in hell I guess.

Here's some video that's marked with a "graphic content" warning.

((I didn't bother to watch it. "Graphic content" to the CBC means people say things like "dam" and in really bad situations "hell" ))

http://www.cbc.ca/news/?refresh

sunshine74137 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    how horrible for the people that had to see that (and of course the victim)...I will just stick to my mini-van ...dammit can't fly, sail and now no buses....sigh
    37 people all doing the ewww dance, just add music, and it's a party. some people have all the fun

Ken Guest
    WOW!! That is weird and tragic beyond words. The article did ramble on a bit though, I thought.

sunshine74137 Guest
    The Police " Come out of the bus with your heads up"

smellslikealmonds Guest
    The Police " Come out of the bus with your heads up"
    Heads are gonna roll if you don't get off the bus.

don't_axe_me Guest
    He had every intention of getting off the bus, but the passengers wouldn't let him.

Even when he gave them a head's up.

sunshine74137 Guest
    Were the earphones still on, That would be make it a One of a kind beheading

Guest Guest
    we as death hags need to promise one another, that if we ever come across any craziness or gore, that we will promise to take pics or video for sharing............

that "graphic content" was sooooo boring........... I wanted to see pics!!

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Rabbit View Post
    we as death hags need to promise one another, that if we ever come across any craziness or gore, that we will promise to take pics or video for sharing............

that "graphic content" was sooooo boring........... I wanted to see pics!!
    I wanted to see blood splattered everywhere.
    I promise that I will take pics of the next horrible accident I pass.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smellslikealmonds View Post
    I wanted to see blood splattered everywhere.
    I promise that I will take pics of the next horrible accident I pass.

Chevyheaven Guest
    I didnt see a damn thing as far as blood or guts or heads. I hope they release more footage.

SEL2323 Guest
    This Is Horrible!!!!! i feel like i never want to leave my house again! EEEKKKK....then again, someone will just come in my house and decapitate me, you just cant win!

sunshine74137 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevyheaven View Post
    I didnt see a damn thing as far as blood or guts or heads. I hope they release more footage.
    And Headage

Wednesday Guest
    The bus driver should have slammed on the breaks. If the guy was sitting, his head would have hit the seat in front of him, and if he was standing he would have went flying.
    I wonder what made the guy snap... who wakes up and decides that they are going to go and behead a random citizen on a bus?
    I just feel sorry for the poor kids that had to see that.