Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Into The Wild: Christopher McCandless

Carine McCandless' book is excellent. I always wondered if there was more to the story. Both Carine and Chris apparently suffered years of physical and emotional abuse. Carine no longer maintains contact with her delusional effed-up parents. Image and wealth mean more to them than the truth.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

The bus that served as shelter for itinerant hiker, hitchhiker and adventurer Chris McCandless and also became the site of his death has been removed from the Alaskan wilderness’ Denali State Park.
    https://heavy.com/news/2020/06/chris-mccandless-bus/

It should have been removed after he died, but I guess authorities didn't realize what a draw it would become. I wonder who will be injured or die trying to get to it unaware it's not there anymore? Or just because it was there?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I saw pics of them removing the bus...that must have cost I would think. Wonder where they took the bus? Yes get rid of it if dumb asses must be rescued trying to get there. I just have always felt bad for Chris and his sister. Being a death hag I would have loved to see the bus. But I would not risk my life. Just stupid. And sad.

I think I read in the article or another one they are thinking of putting it somewhere that is easy to get to and making a memorial out of it or something and then putting the things back in it that they removed when moving the bus.

Walt McCandless died in 2019

http://chrisspurpose.org/walt-mccandless/

I read Carine's book. Messed up family.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post
    Carine McCandless' book is excellent. I always wondered if there was more to the story. Both Carine and Chris apparently suffered years of physical and emotional abuse. Carine no longer maintains contact with her delusional effed-up parents. Image and wealth mean more to them than the truth.
    Very true, the sister tells it like it was.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

There is a country singer on the scene right now that looks just like him. My husband and I were watching the Grand ol Opry one saturday night recently and this guy came out to perform and i was like "that looks exactly like the Into the Wild guy!"
    Please hold while I find his name........... Thanks for holding, Chris Janson was his name.
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMonkey719 View Post
    There is a country singer on the scene right now that looks just like him. My husband and I were watching the Grand ol Opry one saturday night recently and this guy came out to perform and i was like "that looks exactly like the Into the Wild guy!"
    Please hold while I find his name........... Thanks for holding, Chris Janson was his name.
    My gosh, he does!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

He really does look like him.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I think I read in the article or another one they are thinking of putting it somewhere that is easy to get to and making a memorial out of it or something and then putting the things back in it that they removed when moving the bus.
    Very True, that would be nice and I"m sure his sister will enjoy it.

he and Timothy Treadwell were both damn fools who signed their own death warrant. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    I read Carine's book. Messed up family.
    Once again this has to be said.
    His Mom and Dad were crap parents.