Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: David Cassidy

Martini Guest
    I'd kinda like him to mow my lawn too ...

... but without the shirt!!!!

Martini Guest
    Ok , I gotta see the face now!

Ok, there's that cranky look again!!! It that wrong that I find him the hottest when he's like that?!!

lisa714 Guest

Is it hot in here or is it just me?

David on the right....
    How come I never see things like this on the beaches near me?!?!?!

lisa714 Guest

where'd my picture go?!?!

Can you see the picture I posted? I can't anymore! Well....I've already seen it. As long as you all can see it.....

Elizabeth Guest

Yum-ola

Quote Originally Posted by Martini View Post
    Ok , I gotta see the face now!

Ok, there's that cranky look again!!! It that wrong that I find him the hottest when he's like that?!!
    OK, off to put in my second season of the PF now....with my leg in this boot (AKA Princess Slipper), I am going to have a low-key 4th until my son gets off work this afternoon, so I think I wil spend it with David!!!!

Martini Guest

Top 10 Partridge Family Songs

Ok, so here's my 10 ten favorite Partridge Family songs, that I play over and over again on my Ipod. Such innocent, feel good songs.

10) Brand New Me
    9) Only A Moment Ago
    8) Somebody Wants To Love You
    7) Singing My Song
    6) One Night Stand
    5) I Can Feel Your Heartbeat
    4) Sunshine
    3) That'll Be The Day
    2) I'll Leave Myself A Little Time
    1) Summer Days

So Elizabeth, what's your Top 10?

Elizabeth Guest

My List....

Ok, so here's my 10 ten favorite Partridge Family songs, that I play over and over again on my Ipod. Such innocent, feel good songs.

10) Brand New Me
    9) Only A Moment Ago
    8) Somebody Wants To Love You
    7) Singing My Song
    6) One Night Stand
    5) I Can Feel Your Heartbeat
    4) Sunshine
    3) That'll Be The Day
    2) I'll Leave Myself A Little Time
    1) Summer Days

So Elizabeth, what's your Top 10?

Good question!!!!

My List, As Follows....
    10.) "Every Song Is You"
    9.) "You Are Always On My Mind"
    8.) "Walking In The Rain"
    7.) "I Can Feel Your Heartbeat"
    6.) "I'll Meet You Halfway"
    5.) "I Woke Up In Love This Morning"
    4.) "She'd Rather Have The Rain"
    3.) "Brown Eyes"
    2.) "As Long As There's You"
    1.) (tie) "Summer Days" & "Sunshine Eyes" (unreleased--is that OK??)

Martini Guest
    Excellent choices! Where did you find Sunshine Eyes? And are there any other unreleased songs floating out there? You're the expert Elizabeth!

Elizabeth Guest

Smile Dear Grasshopper.....

Excellent choices! Where did you find Sunshine Eyes? And are there any other unreleased songs floating out there? You're the expert Elizabeth!
    Thanks for the compliment, but I am hardly an expert.....there are people out there who know all things "Partridge" or "Cassidy" so much better than I do.....

"Sunshine Eyes" was among many "unreleased" PF songs, but have surfaced among some fans....apparently they made some songs that never made it to vinyl, but the master tapes have been passed around to some extent....they include shortened versions of songs that were on the show, plus some songs that never were "officially" released (songs like "God Bless You Girl" and "Listen To The Sound", a lot of which is what I think is the best recordings they made).....these can be seen on youtube, in all their glory....

Are you up for a David Cassidy Top Ten??

10.) "Damned If This Ain't Love"
    9.) "How Can I Be Sure?"
    8.) "You Were The One"
    7.) "Song For A Rainy Day"
    6.) "Lyin' To Myself"
    5.) "All Because Of You"
    4.) "Soft As A Summer Shower"
    3.) "Some Kind Of A Summer"
    2.) "Sing Me"
    1.) "Bedtime"

Anything where the camera would slowly move closer and closer to his face, his lips, his David-ness, while he sang right to US!

Elizabeth Guest

Here, Here!!

Hidium, you are absolutely right!! I watched PF and very intently looked for David to sing to me.....and is it my imagination, or did David almost swagger when he walked???

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    Hidium, you are absolutely right!! I watched PF and very intently looked for David to sing to me.....and is it my imagination, or did David almost swagger when he walked???
    Oh yes, that boy could swagger! And, he was singing to you... sometimes to me... sometimes to Martini, and everyone else here!

Martini Guest
    You've got me beat Elizabeth, I'm not that familiar with David's solo stuff. I do love his version of 'Ain't No Sunshine'. I like it better than the original. I was glad when he did it in concert - one of the highlights for me.

Elizabeth Guest

Ahhhhhhhhh

You've got me beat Elizabeth, I'm not that familiar with David's solo stuff. I do love his version of 'Ain't No Sunshine'. I like it better than the original. I was glad when he did it in concert - one of the highlights for me.

Martini, I don't beat anybody....and certainly not you, my friend!!!

I don't know as much as some people I know regarding David's solo stuff....I am getting better than I used to, but I have some friends who are *really* knowledgable about it....

I love "Ain't No Sunshine" as one of my faves too....his voice is so totally awesome!!!

puddles Guest
    I've never really been a big David Cassidy fan but I did see him on an episode of Malcolm in the Middle, anyone see that episode??VERY funny. also thought you all might like this site http://www.stuckinthe70s.com/1973mags.htm enjoy!!

Elizabeth Guest

"Malcolm"

Quote Originally Posted by puddles View Post
    I've never really been a big David Cassidy fan but I did see him on an episode of Malcolm in the Middle, anyone see that episode??VERY funny. also thought you all might like this site http://www.stuckinthe70s.com/1973mags.htm enjoy!!
    I am trying to remember....was David nominated for an Emmy, or were they just trying to get him nominated?? But either way, he was very funny spoofing himself (kinda) on that show, and I thought he shoulda won an award....

Thanks for the link--it was awesome!!!

Martini Guest
    Nobody puts David on the 3rd page! Here's some pics to bump up his status!!!

What was he thinking when he did this to his hair?!! Yeah I know, that was the style back then ...but what the hell?!!!

Elizabeth Guest

MMMmmmm

Nobody puts David on the 3rd page! Here's some pics to bump up his status!!!

What was he thinking when he did this to his hair?!! Yeah I know, that was the style back then ...but what the hell?!!!

I do get a little sad for our boy, when his thread is dropping....but I don't
    like to bump it, just cause I am the originator and it looks kinda tacky!!

David and his blonde hair--there's just something very wrong with it, and I was way glad when he went back to brown!!!

alexmack Guest
    Confession: When Shaun was huge, I was a little old for the teen idol thing (about 16) but as I was kinda young when David was big, I totally indulged in my love for Shaun....I saw him twice in concert, covered every single inch of my bedroom with Shaun posters, and this one was one of my special faves (it is the "Born Late" cover--great album BTW--wish they would re-release this one and "Under Wraps")....

I always thought Shaun looked like a male version of Shirley....whaddya think????
    I too has wall to wall Shaun in my room I was GA-GA about him. I also agree that he is the male version of his mother. He looks soooo much like her.

alexmack Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post

Well this is what he looks like now. He is pushing 60.
    He is still recording updated version of Partridge family song and rewriting the story of is life.
    Funny, I thought he hated the songs.
    His father helped him out in show business and then David disses him in his interviews and biographies.
    I am sorry, Jack should not have done that.
    Even if it meant David had to go out and do Cole Porter.
    Jack went out to work on a chorus line at age 14 with no help and work his way up.
    David should have done the same.

Wonder how he got the nasty scar???

alexmack Guest

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Yeah. I've read a few things about Katie, she sounds a little resentful. But man she's a beauty.

Looks like Beau's the favorite, though. Let me amend that. Beau was luckier. I hope David makes up for lost time, that's hard on a daughter.

PS was wondering, did any of you David Hags cut your teeth on Davy Jones as I did? He was my first major crush, paving the way for true love with David.
    I met Davy Jones. He gave me a nice bug kiss, only thing is I could not believe how short he was. VERY SHORT! In spite of that, he was so nice, and still as good looking as he was back in the day.

alexmack Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Vi View Post
    I hope I am not the only one who "experienced" what I'm about to share, cos I will feel like a freak and be tewtally embassed.
    This thread has reminded me of this:
    it started with Glen Campbell, I and I was about 7 or 8, I pretended I was married to him. I just thought he was the hottest thing since apple pie. I used to play outside under the trees in my grandmother's yard with an old frying pan she'd thrown out and "cook" his dinner of mulberries and those bean looking things that come off mimosa trees. Then I graduated to Pete Duel from "Alias Smith and Jones" Only this time, I got a friend at school in on it, but it didn't work out to well cos she refused to be married to the other guy, Ben Murphy, she wanted Pete too, but I wasn't giving him up. I never did have this going on with David, despite the "sexy teeth letter", but when I discovered the Omonds, Oh My God, I forgot about everyone else cos I was sooooo in love with Merrill. This time I got my cousin who was six years younger involved. I insisted she be "married" to Jay, even thought it was really Donny she loved (by this time I'm 11) but I said Donny was too young, it'd have to be Jay. I was such a bossy little cuss. so then Merrill got married really young and I had to settle on Alan, then he got married and I was just heart broken for awhile. This continued into my teens. I met a girl that took it to the next level, she wrote stories. she was all in love with Elton John and by this time my tv boyfriend was John Travolta. So she wrote plays, cos there was dialogue and stage type directions, and she was married to Elton and me to John, but we also loved Starsky and Hutch so I wrote a play where Hutch was mine and Starsky hers, and we'd trade off stories and do our little edits.
    We were both overweight and not at all girlfriend material and this kinda helped ease our lonliness. It was a safe way to have a romance with out the dangers of a real boy (heavy petting, etc)
    I hope u guys don't think I was a retard, but this thread kinda brought that back.

Auntie Vi! How did you know my story??? All to familiar!!!

alexmack Guest
    Not so unusual ... we've all been there, done that!
    I always wanted to be the mother of Barry Gibb's babies!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Barry1.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	6588

Name:	Barry2.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	6589

Elizabeth Guest

Yes, But....

[quote=alexmack;335790]I always wanted to be the mother of Barry Gibb's babies!!!

Name:	Barry1.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	6588

I was more of an Andy Girl myself--he was so hawt!!

But really, Barry looks a lot like Andy...or to be more accurate, the other way around.....

At least they look more alike than David or Shaun....but the Cassidy boys are all gorgeous in their own way....

Noelle Page Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by alexmack View Post
    I met Davy Jones. He gave me a nice bug kiss, only thing is I could not believe how short he was. VERY SHORT! In spite of that, he was so nice, and still as good looking as he was back in the day.
    A nice bug kiss?

(Hi David hags, haven't posted in awhile but often sneak in for a peek. It's just, how many times can I say, "He's so adorable?")

Noelle Page Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by alexmack View Post
    Wonder how he got the nasty scar???
    Oh, gosh, I used to remember the story. It's part of David lore. Fell off his highchair or something?

Elizabeth Guest

Smile Hey Noelle!!!

A nice bug kiss?

(Hi David hags, haven't posted in awhile but often sneak in for a peek. It's just, how many times can I say, "He's so adorable?")
    Hey, Noelle, glad to see you!! And as you can see, we do have other things to say besides, "David is adorable".....

Like, David is yummy

I may have had a bad day when I posted that picture.
    That picture was from an awards show that David took Katie too.
    I thinking of the related comments from when David turn his hair blond.
    What was he thinking!
    I was thinking that when I saw the outift David had on that day.
    David's father always looks so dapper. Looked good in a Blazer.
    What was he thinking!
    I will now post the other pictures.

Noelle Page Guest
    Oh my lord, Katie is a genuine drop-dead beauty. REALLY beautiful.

Martini, I loved that batch of PF photos you posted a little while back....was struck by how young, full-faced and healthy Susan Dey looks.

Oh and, sorry about the concert. Personally I'm not interested in that old geez. It's Young David all the way for me, forever immortalized in this thread!
    Last edited by Noelle Page; 07-22-2008 at 06:07 PM.

Elizabeth Guest

Agree

Oh my lord, Katie is a genuine drop-dead beauty. REALLY beautiful.

Martini, I loved that batch of PF photos you posted a little while back....was struck by how young, full-faced and healthy Susan Dey looks.

Oh and, sorry about the concert. Personally I'm not interested in that old geez. It's Young David all the way for me, forever immortalized in this thread!
    Yes, Katie is absolutely one of the prettiest girls I have seen in a long time....my precious daughter excluded

And I love coming to this thread, to re-live a time when I was young, and the world didn't seem like such a scary place like it is now, when I looked forward to getting the new Tiger Beat and see David every Fri night at 7:30.....thanks for letting me share here, and not feel so alone in my memories!!!

Love,
    Elizabeth

Martini Guest
    This thread is so great cause we get to be 11/12 again! No cares in the world except where am I gonna put the lastest David picture on my wall, when's the next magazine coming out, so I can find out if I won the "Dream Date With David" contest. Life was much simpler back then!

I don't like the 'blonde' David, but something about the picture reminds me of David Bowie's 'Serious Moonlight' tour, when he was blonde and wearing a yellow suit. It was the 80s, so maybe that was what happened to David... the 80s got to him? Does anyone think that's the time frame of that picture?

Young, adorable David still is with us in our hearts. I know that sounded sappy, but, JUST LOOK AT HIM!!!! How yummy is he? The most yummy!

Elizabeth Guest

A-Ha

Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    I don't like the 'blonde' David, but something about the picture reminds me of David Bowie's 'Serious Moonlight' tour, when he was blonde and wearing a yellow suit. It was the 80s, so maybe that was what happened to David... the 80s got to him? Does anyone think that's the time frame of that picture?

Young, adorable David still is with us in our hearts. I know that sounded sappy, but, JUST LOOK AT HIM!!!! How yummy is he? The most yummy!
    That's who he looked like--I couldn't put my finger on it....David Bowie!!!! And yes, I would put that pic in the time frame of '83-'85 or so.....

David is in our hearts *4-ever* as they used to say in 16....

bunny Guest
    OH MY LORD ...a whole thread for David...my my my...this just made my work day hahah

Martini Guest

Welcome Bunny!

Love another Vancouver David Fanatic!!!!

Martini Guest

Thoughts

So my friends (guys and gals) were sitting around last night talking about David (as you do), and I made the suggestion that they should do a movie about the life of Jack Cassidy with David starring as his dad. Especially now that he looks so much like him as has the same mannerisms. What do you think?

Sorry, but David is now 9 years older than his Dad when he past away.
    From what I hear the one that does Jack Cassidy impersonation pretty well is Patrick Cassidy.
    HE has a night club act where is celebrates the life of his parents.

Shirley and Patrick in the Music Man

Besides David's hair hasn't gone gray yet.

bunny Guest
    Oh that is a great idea...David would be good...I dont care to much for Patrick...but David now hubba hubba

Elizabeth Guest

Welcome Bunny!!

Welcome Bunny, to our David thread!!!

As far as a movie about Jack, as long as it was as honest as possible, I would be all for it....but David as Jack? Not feeling it--I think he looks more like his mom than Jack....maybe Ewan MacGregor, or Hugh Jackman???

Noelle Page Guest
    Love another Vancouver David Fanatic!!!!

omg, I remember that birthday cake story in Tiger Beat SO WELL!!! It was David's 21st. Thanks for the memories.

Welcome Bunny, to our David thread!!!

As far as a movie about Jack, as long as it was as honest as possible, I would be all for it....but David as Jack? Not feeling it--I think he looks more like his mom than Jack....maybe Ewan MacGregor, or Hugh Jackman???

I think in the past when David does these projects he tend to overly dramatize events.
    I have read that many of David's co-workers and family voice their disapproval.
    David is not the only one who does this by the way.
    I am now reading Madonna's book and he says Madonna does the same thing.
    He thinks that people do this to make it look like they did things on their own.
    Madonna pretends she had an evil step-mother.
    Christopher dedicated his book to her father and step-mother.

BY the way Patrick does get called upon to recreate roles that his father was in on Broadway.

Elizabeth Guest

David Thread

Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    I think in the past when David does these projects he tend to overly dramatize events.
    I have read that many of David's co-workers and family voice their disapproval.
    David is not the only one who does this by the way.
    I am now reading Madonna's book and he says Madonna does the same thing.
    He thinks that people do this to make it look like they did things on their own.
    Madonna pretends she had an evil step-mother.
    Christopher dedicated his book to her father and step-mother.

BY the way Patrick does get called upon to recreate roles that his father was in on Broadway.
    If you want to start a Madonna thread, please feel free to do so.

As for David "dramatizing" perhaps he does remember things that way....nothing wrong with that....it is "his truth" after all....

Patrick looks more like Jack than any of the Cassidy boys, so it would make sense to have him play roles Jack once did....plus Patrick is more involved with the theatre than any of the other brothers....

bunny Guest
    All I have to say is this is the best thread hahah

Martini Guest

More David Needed!!!

We always need more pics of David!

And let's not forget the totally 80's David!!!

Elizabeth Guest

Thanks Martini!!

We always need more pics of David!

And let's not forget the totally 80's David!!!

Martini, thanks for the great pics (as always)....having a rough week; this really perked me up!!!!

Floh Guest
    This thread has given me so much pleasure! (it's taken me hours!) and all the fabulous pictures take me back! the one and only forever David.

i saw David in concert at *White City stadium in London in 1974.

i'm sorry about the experience you had at his recent concert, Martini.

thank you so much for the pictures you took!

could it be forever? well it's been well over 30 years so far!

my first post here!

thanks for the thread girls!

*horrifically, although i was seated far away from this, a tragedy happened that night at White City: http://www.nndb.com/people/063/000024988/

"In a 1974 concert at London's White City Stadium, billed as Cassidy's last public performance, thousands of teenaged girls crushed against each other to get closer to the stage. In an audio tape of the concert, Cassidy at the microphone can barely be heard over the screams of his fans, as he begs the audience to "get back, get back". After two days in a coma, one 14-year-old fan died of traumatic asphyxia, crushed to death under thousands of pounds of fellow fans. Five hundred more fans were injured, dozens enough to be hospitalized."

Elizabeth Guest

Welcome!!

Welcome Floh!!!

And BTW good news, David fans.....I got an e-mail from a friend of mine who told me they are planning on releasing the third season of PF in October (official announcement forthcoming),and also at some point soon "Bulletin Board", the last album they PF ever made....two very good bits of news!!!!

Martini Guest
    Welcome Floh!!!

And BTW good news, David fans.....I got an e-mail from a friend of mine who told me they are planning on releasing the third season of PF in October (official announcement forthcoming),and also at some point soon "Bulletin Board", the last album they PF ever made....two very good bits of news!!!!

Thanks for the heads up Elizabeth! I just checked on Amazon and the release date is Oct 14th! (It's about time).

Yes welcome Floh! The more David lovers the better!

Here's a picture of David that actually made me weak in the knees! Did you ever see anyone so sexy!!!

Martini Guest

Is this a thumbs up or a thumbs down?

David's opinion of the review I gave of his concerts I saw a few months ago!!!

Noelle Page Guest
    Wow, that's a rarity.

Think how that one must have been snickered at in magazine art departments, then suppressed.

I for one would have been very upset to see that at age 11/12.....