Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Winehouse

Oh noooo! Really liked her voice, thought she was talented.

Wow, not really surprised but am shocked and at only 27

R.I.P.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

DrDeath Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbrasher View Post
    damn i just got out of the hospital from a week long of hell, to find this. In a way i'm not surprised but i don't wish any talent dead. its too bad. RIP ms. Winehouse.
    Missed this earlier. Hope you're ok?

darlingmissmarple Guest
    I was no fan of Amy's music but it is so tragic that she died so young. In many ways it reminds me of Janis Joplin whom I was a huge fan of. When oh when are young people going to get the message that drugs kill? Older ones to for that matter. It is suc a waste of talent as well as life.

Not Fade Away Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    RIP. I'd rather be a druggie than a person who judges people's struggles. Don't be afraid to look in the mirror sometime.
    amen.

Damn, damn, damn. A shameful waste of talent.

Shannon Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by heaven01uk View Post
    It kicks me off line when I click the link
    Never mind. I scroled down and seen it.
    Last edited by Shannon; 07-23-2011 at 04:10 PM.

I just woke up and was a little surprised to see this over at CNN but I guess it was inevitable. I loved Rehab when it came out, thought she had a great, unique voice. Too bad that she couldn't get this under control. RIP Amy.

BlueSapphire Guest

Unhappy

What a shame. RIP, Amy.

heaven01uk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    It kicks me off line when I click the link
    The same pic is posted a few posts below by another member but a better picture.

just got the death beeper. all i ever read was hate stuff on this woman anyway. now she'll be cast as a victimized saint. stupid drugs and alkie, they'll get you everytime!
    pull the string!

fairmanicmaeve Guest
    Aggrivating to me, when there are millions sick, globally, who would give ANYTHING to live and someone like Amy just pisses her life away.

Amazing talent.... relentless addiction. Never a good combo. Her poor family left to try and make sense of it all.

What an absolute waste.

jo3077 Guest
    Hi guys. New here...such a tragic end to a real talent. Wonder what drove her to drugs in the first place...so sad.

Hi, iyokokijo. Good sentiment.
    I'm pretty new here too, hail from your area.

simon69 Guest

Ya should've said yes, yes, yes........................

Quote Originally Posted by gemini33 View Post
    That was my thought. Great, people are going to make her into some God now. She had a great voice, talented... not so much. She doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Joplin, Hendrix, and Morrison though. People still listen to them, did anyone even still listen to her?
    That makes three of us lol. Shall be interesting to see if her music carries on now and if she gains more fans. Dying young can be a musician's best career move. Case and point: I personally never listened to her, but now I wanna hear some stuff from the girl everyone says was this great talent and see what I missed out on...

y0nkers Guest
    Long time lurk, first time post.

One thing that's realy irking me about this is the people saying she was a druggie and that it's good riddance... this had bitch had just as much, if not MORE talent than Jim or Janis and they died the same way. What makes them legends and her a loser?

73 points in the death pool. Someone is going to clean up.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusDippytack View Post
    Damn, Amy was outlived by Zsa Zsa!

qulevergrrl Guest
    She is number 39 in my research of rockers who died at the age of 27. You won't find that many on any website or in the only book written on the subject. I never wanted Amy to be the 39th. Obviously there is no one I want to be added, but I really enjoyed her, and hoped she'd clean up her act. Sadly, her hit was very prophetic. But I refuse to judge her. Not my job.

heaven01uk Guest
    Make of it what you will but this is on the People website

http://www.people.co.uk/celebs-tv/ce...2039-23292397/

How much of it is true no idea

knothere Guest
    saw it comin 27 wow now shes in the ded 27 club
    if u give a person with a monkey on their back all the freedom n money the monkey turnz inta an ape n skwishes u

either way rip

knothere Guest

stacebabe Guest
    People still do Special K? That's so 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by heaven01uk View Post
    Make of it what you will but this is on the People website

http://www.people.co.uk/celebs-tv/ce...2039-23292397/

How much of it is true no idea

stacebabe Guest
    You know, she did have enough talent to actually rightfully be with the others, if she had just applied it more instead of spending so much time getting wasted. The other artists have a much larger body of work. She had a one of a kind, amazing voice. But she didn't do enough with it.

Quote Originally Posted by racingfan View Post
    That makes three of us lol. Shall be interesting to see if her music carries on now and if she gains more fans. Dying young can be a musician's best career move. Case and point: I personally never listened to her, but now I wanna hear some stuff from the girl everyone says was this great talent and see what I missed out on...

mstee2u1972 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pyt View Post
    I love this quote. You know, so many people on my FB page are saying "she did this to herself" and even the stupidest one by far is "I would have some compassion for her if she was seeking help. But in her own arrogance she capitalized off a hit song about turning down rehab that was offered."

WHAT THE FAWK does the hit song have anything to do with this whatsoever?????
    Since the news broke of her death I have visited TMZ and a couple of other media sites. Almost every poster is of the opinion "she did it to herself;" "stupid drug addict;" "her death is no surprise;", etc.

I am so very sorry Amy died suddenly-at the end of the day, no one knows her inner struggles with her addictions-we all only know what the media has put out there about her lifestyle. I am of the opinion that you cannot believe everything you read/see/hear-investigate for yourself! I am pretty sure most if not all people have struggled or are struggling with some sort of addiction in their life-be it drugs,alcohol, food, sex, gambling, whatever. Because God knows I have and still am-so I am no better than Amy and have no right to judge her lifestyle and how publicly it was lived. I am only an outsider looking in so I have no way of knowing how hard she has tried to work on her issues up until the tragic end today. All I know is that someone somewhere has lost a person they loved very much despite her faults. May Amy rest peacefully now and I hope her friends and family can find some comfort in their time of sorrow.

Forever-27 Guest
    Its hard for me to feel sorry for someone who had lots of people trying to help her. She refused help. So I think the end result was enevitable. Frankly speaking, I'm surprized it took this long to happen

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusDippytack View Post
    Damn, Amy was outlived by Zsa Zsa!
    Honestly, I think Zsa Zsa will outlive all of us!
    Cindy

qulevergrrl Guest
    Riddle me this? Why was Amy screaming? Reports are coming in to this effect. The world may never know. A one a two a three *crunch* ...a thrrreee.

qulevergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    People still do Special K? That's so 90's.
    A skrink la da a skrink la doo!

stacebabe Guest
    HAHAHAHA, I love the Alig/St. James reference! High Five!

Quote Originally Posted by qulevergrrl View Post
    A skrink la da a skrink la doo!

Quote Originally Posted by mstee2u1972 View Post
    Since the news broke of her death I have visited TMZ and a couple of other media sites. Almost every poster is of the opinion "she did it to herself;" "stupid drug addict;" "her death is no surprise;", etc.

I am so very sorry Amy died suddenly-at the end of the day, no one knows her inner struggles with her addictions-we all only know what the media has put out there about her lifestyle. I am of the opinion that you cannot believe everything you read/see/hear-investigate for yourself! I am pretty sure most if not all people have struggled or are struggling with some sort of addiction in their life-be it drugs,alcohol, food, sex, gambling, whatever. Because God knows I have and still am-so I am no better than Amy and have no right to judge her lifestyle and how publicly it was lived. I am only an outsider looking in so I have no way of knowing how hard she has tried to work on her issues up until the tragic end today. All I know is that someone somewhere has lost a person they loved very much despite her faults. May Amy rest peacefully now and I hope her friends and family can find some comfort in their time of sorrow.
    Amy was given a gift which very few people get, whether it be singing, art, oratory..... whatever. Most of us battle to get on in our lives with an average toolkit. I think what a lot of people see is a total waste of a gift they wished they had.

Sure we all have addictions, but most of us struggle to keep them under control on a day to day basis whilst still functioning, but we get the job done never-the-less.

She did nothing at all to manage her addictions (besides a few cursory attempts at rehab) and led a life of pure indulgence. The reason why a lot of people don't give a fuck whether she died is because she didn't give a fuck about herself when she was alive.

At eight years old you say "poor baby", but at 27 you say "stupid adult."
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 07-23-2011 at 05:45 PM.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

mstee2u1972 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Amy was given a gift which very few people get. Whether it be singing, art, oratory..... whatever, most of us battle to get on in our lives with an average toolkit. I think what a lot of people see is a total waste of a gift they wished they had.

Sure we all have addictions, but most of us struggle to keep them under control on a day to day basis whilst still functioning, but we get the job done never-the-less.

She did nothing at all to manage her addictions (besides a few cursory attempts at rehab) and led a life of pure indulgence. The reason why a lot of people don't give a fuck whether she died is because she didn't give a fuck about herself when she was alive.

Point very well taken.

Djen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    HAHAHAHA, I love the Alig/St. James reference! High Five!
    High five from me, too.

Could you imagine Hendrix, Joplin and Morrison or even Cobain in the age of paparazzi? Would they be so revered? It amazes me that educated people in this day and age still don't believe that drug addiction is a disease. Some people come pre-wired to have addictive personalities. These people are sick.

rjbrasher Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDeath View Post
    Missed this earlier. Hope you're ok?
    hey hun yea im much better now. i went into pre term labor, so i was in a magnesium sulfate high plud 10 other drugs to stop the labor. I was basicly in a coma for most of the week. I don't have much memory of it but being really sick and slow (BP was 89/49) But everything is stable adn im feeling much better now. So i just got home after a week of hell

SweetWickedHellKatEvil Guest
    What a great loss to the world of music. It makes me angry and sad that Amy did not have the strength to battle her demons and chose death as the bottom. So many people would kill to have a beautiful voice and talent for writing poignant songs. And to be blessed with the opportunity to share them with the world. I hope she finds peace and love where ever she is.

Amy was given a gift which very few people get, whether it be singing, art, oratory..... whatever. Most of us battle to get on in our lives with an average toolkit. I think what a lot of people see is a total waste of a gift they wished they had.

You have the postest with the mostest! Amen....
    My Posse's On Broadway

Pat Bateman Guest

I agree with you, Neil.

Klopek Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Honestly, I think Zsa Zsa will outlive all of us!
    I was just going to say, Zsa Zsa's kick'in ass!

I guess due to my past I see things different than most folks. I know im wired different than most folks. I think there is a bit of a difference between managing a Marlboro and Glenlivet habit and Heroin and Cocaine addiction. Some people have more will power than others. Its not as simple as just saying no. Some people cant just stop. They are born that way. Its the same as men that are born gay or women that are born bitches. They cant choose who they are.
    Last edited by JefeStone; 07-23-2011 at 06:59 PM.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    This is one I have found - more may come out now... It is dated June 18, 2011.
    Hmmm what is with her hair? Is that some hair fastened in in the back...but it's showing!

Quote Originally Posted by DrDeath View Post
    This is 13th July going for a walk in Camden
    She looked good. I have an issue with those pants though. Maybe that explains the Special K.

Quote Originally Posted by pyt View Post

WHAT THE FAWK does the hit song have anything to do with this whatsoever?????
    Seriously? She wrote a song about not giving a rip about rehab, even though everyone in the world told her she was sick & needed to go. Now's she's dead from an overdose. You don't see a connection?

Quote Originally Posted by What Tha....?";1177448]And the News Of The World former editor says "Damn! Why did I shut down this paper last week?" :eek:[/QUOTE]

haaaaa

[QUOTE=LoriLynn;1177497]The plot thickens...?

[URL="http://www.london24.com/news/amy_winehouse_death_neighbour_in_camden_heard_screaming_and_howling_1_972931
    Amy Winehouse Neighbor Heard Screaming And Howling Friday Morning[/URL]
    Nah that was just Angelina & Brad

Quote Originally Posted by y0nkers View Post
    Long time lurk, first time post.

One thing that's realy irking me about this is the people saying she was a druggie and that it's good riddance... this had bitch had just as much, if not MORE talent than Jim or Janis and they died the same way. What makes them legends and her a loser?
    Congrats on your first post!

Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    Its hard for me to feel sorry for someone who had lots of people trying to help her. She refused help. So I think the end result was enevitable. Frankly speaking, I'm surprized it took this long to happen
    Fo reals

RIP

The one article says they heard screaming & drums beating? From, ahem... my past experiences with drugs...Screaming & drums are just expression. No need for worry, per say. I always felt very artistic. Don't worry, I'm over that phase.

44. 07-23-2011, 07:08 PM

suicide_blonde Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinTMP View Post

I do have to wonder if that ex-husband of hers helped start her on her downward spiral; any relationship that has one carving one's SO's name into one's body w/a piece of broken glass during a Rolling Stone interview can't possibly be a healthy one.
    I'm thinking he's probably the one that got her on the stuff. I wanted to bleach my eyeballs every time I saw a picture of him, what a man-skank.

I loved Amy's music, I'm sad that she's gone, but not shocked. I'll miss what music she could have made, and continue to love what she did manage to put out. "Frank" and "Back to Black" were something she could be proud of.

monroe27 Guest
    That was my thought. Great, people are going to make her into some God now. She had a great voice, talented... not so much. She doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Joplin, Hendrix, and Morrison though. People still listen to them, did anyone even still listen to her?
    I did. I thought she had an amazing voice

I can't stop thinking that, indirectly, Amy was murdered by that her ex-husband of hers, Blake. He was the one who introduced an otherwise healthy and naive girl to all sorts of heavy drugs. He was so influential it seemed like he brainwashed her, and by the time he was jailed and they finally separated, it was too late for her. Sad.

eddied62 Guest
    I just woke up a few minutes ago and seen this on the news...so sad, but everyone seen this one coming...RIP Amy

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    Could you imagine Hendrix, Joplin and Morrison or even Cobain in the age of paparazzi? Would they be so revered? It amazes me that educated people in this day and age still don't believe that drug addiction is a disease. Some people come pre-wired to have addictive personalities. These people are sick.
    Excellent point, Jefe. Plus, if I'm not mistaken the artists above were part of bands, so there would be other people/band members around that are invested in keeping the "name" alive. My impression is that Amy was a solo artist, without the support (or sometimes enabling) or possible positive influence that would not have allowed her to continue to say "no, no, no" to rehab. Look at all the Steven Tylers and Keef Richards, Nikki Sixxes and on and on that have made it despite the odds. Granted, Amy, et al., all died at the same age for the same things, but Amy always seemed at such loose ends to me, and kind of lonely and vulnerable.

All to say, I sure as shit don't think Amy was having a good time being addicted to drugs. I had a serious and totally unexpected near miss over the last couple of years, and I will never look at addiction the same way again. I realize now that my gene pool is so foul no one should have reproduced in that water, but they were probably all high...

suicide or accidental od?
    Last edited by Miho; 07-23-2011 at 07:59 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Totally agree. I like her music, but she is no legend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]