Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 142122232425 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,150 of 1234

Thread: Commercials We Hate

Mammy Guest
    How about the Valtrex commercials? "I may have genital herpes, but it won't stop me!" It would stop any guy interested in her I'm sure. It would be like sticking your pecker into a hornet's nest.

Consider yourself lucky Wendy. The most uncomfortable 45 minutes of my life. Let them figure it out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    How about the Valtrex commercials? "I may have genital herpes, but it won't stop me!" It would stop any guy interested in her I'm sure. It would be like sticking your pecker into a hornet's nest.
    I'm shocked Paris Hilton doesn't do their commmericals!
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    Consider yourself lucky Wendy. The most uncomfortable 45 minutes of my life. Let them figure it out.
    haha!

Oh, yes,the infamous "not so fresh feeling" commercial.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

Right now they keeping showing a commercial for celebrity wife swap that is aboit 10 seconds long amd only shows the back of the "celeb". Annpying as hell because it seems to me an obvious attempt to drive traffic to their website if people want to know who's gonna be on. Lame!

I really miss Smiling Bob! Enzyte was a fraud, but the commercials were hilarious! I still catch myself whistling the tune at work! There was a rumor going around that the actor who played Bob was killed in a boating accident...

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=71961

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    The only way those tubs would serve a purpose in relation to boner pills is if the dude had his old lady bent over the side of it. Nobody wants the image planted in their head of older people cracking.
    OMFG LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    Flo annoys the crap out of me. I'm in love with mayhem from the Allstate commercials though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    yeah, Mayhem is hot!

Here's a commercial I hate! I wanna kick this Pax guy so bad! "I used to be a drug user, and now I'm NOOOT!" I just hate the way he says it.. I want to tell him to shut the fuck up! BTW... his daddy owns and runs this place.
    Hottie-boom-ba-lottie!
    I hate the rehab commercials too. Not only do I see those all day on ID (or did when I had cable) along with the "this is the place" ads for opioid addiction treatment help, the talk radio station I listen to constantly runs a commercial for another drug rehab place, AND one of their sponsors is Hazelden, the renown addiction center here that celebs sometimes come to for a little more privacy.

I don't so much hate this commercial as find ot stupid. New! Always maxipads with Memory Foam! the tv screams at you and all these chicks oohing and ahhing over a damned maxipad. We need memory foam for this shit now? Fucking ridiculous.

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    I don't so much hate this commercial as find ot stupid. New! Always maxipads with Memory Foam! the tv screams at you and all these chicks oohing and ahhing over a damned maxipad. We need memory foam for this shit now? Fucking ridiculous.
    Why the hell would someone need memory foam on something that will be used once, wrapped in toilet tissue (at least I did mine when I used them), and tossed in the garbage? Makes no sense. Want comfort? Get tampons.

Seagorath Guest
    KFC is the worst. I ATE THE BONES! That is the most stupid commerical ever (both of them)...next to those free credit report commercials that still run. KFC is bragging at the fact that they create chicken in labs without bones. That's real encouraging. Personally, I prefer my chicken from the farm...and WITH bones.

KFC is a joke. They can't even get their name right. It was Kentucky Fried Chicken when I was growing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    KFC is the worst. I ATE THE BONES! That is the most stupid commerical ever (both of them)...next to those free credit report commercials that still run. KFC is bragging at the fact that they create chicken in labs without bones. That's real encouraging. Personally, I prefer my chicken from the farm...and WITH bones.

KFC is a joke. They can't even get their name right. It was Kentucky Fried Chicken when I was growing up.

I have a bad habit of overanalysing commercials when I've seen them a million times. Once I cracked up my friend when talking about the Jack in the Box commercial where Jack and his wife have a kid who looks just like Jack and I was talking about how the ping pong ball head must be a dominant gene, etc... Now I see the Swiffer commercial where the lady puts out the mop and he finds love with the bowling ball or the feather duster... so does that mean she was having a romantic relationship with the mop before she put him out and he has to find someone new?

I hate the commercial with the kid asking all the questions. "when can I get my own apartment? Does bigfoot have a girlfriend? Are fireworks illegal if you use them indoors? Can I play Angry Bird Space on your phone?" I want to smack that kid.

Nutmeg Guest
    I really don't watch much TV anymore, but it seems whenever I do tune in, I'll inevitably end up with that commercial for the Hopper, and it drives me berserk. A family of loudmouths; each one yelling that they're able to "watch TV in HE-AH". The other variation is Papa Loudmouth, who is able to watch his live TV out on the veranda while bunch of crazy weather cycles. I'm guessing that this is a football person (coach? ex-coach? player?) but I just don't see the point. It makes me want to NOT buy the Hopper.

Bayou Queen Guest
    I've about had it with the Debbie Boone Lifestyle Lift and her singing You Light Up My Life. Enough already.

There's one on constantly here right now with some characters from a well-known animated sitcom. I think it's that kid Stewy that show Family Guy but I've never seen the show, so I'm not sure. Anyway, the commercial is for a tablet, laptop or something like that and his mom is sitting on the bed. Kid walks in and shouts MOM! MUMMY! MUMMY! MOM! about a million times as she looks at him sideways. Everytime it comes on I mute it because it goes on forever. That's why I can't remember what the product is, lol. Damned thing is so annoying. So whoever thought that one up, good job. You may be using that old tv ad trick of loud repetition to get people's attention but your shit is so annoying, this gal doesn't give a fuck what your product is.

While watching the Jodi Arias trial on HLN, they kept playing the same ones OVER and OVER, ad nauseam.

Sunsetter Awnings
    That Debby Boone Lifestyle Lift one, mentioned above
    The Reverse Mortgage one with Fred Thompson
    Mesothelioma commercials
    Various medication commercials (Humira, mostly)
    Life Alert

It wasn't bad enough HLN interrupted the trial CONSTANTLY, but to play the same commercials over and over and over... UGH!

Bayou Queen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenivere2011 View Post
    While watching the Jodi Arias trial on HLN, they kept playing the same ones OVER and OVER, ad nauseam.

Sunsetter Awnings
    Mesothelioma commercials
    Life Alert

It wasn't bad enough HLN interrupted the trial CONSTANTLY, but to play the same commercials over and over and over... UGH!
    LOL, oh and that collapsible green hose! I wondered if these products were keeping this entire network afloat.

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenivere2011 View Post

Sunsetter Awnings
    Mesothelioma commercials
    Life Alert

They must assume only old people watch HLN. LOL!

radiojane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    There's one on constantly here right now with some characters from a well-known animated sitcom. I think it's that kid Stewy that show Family Guy but I've never seen the show, so I'm not sure. Anyway, the commercial is for a tablet, laptop or something like that and his mom is sitting on the bed. Kid walks in and shouts MOM! MUMMY! MUMMY! MOM! about a million times as she looks at him sideways. Everytime it comes on I mute it because it goes on forever. That's why I can't remember what the product is, lol. Damned thing is so annoying. So whoever thought that one up, good job. You may be using that old tv ad trick of loud repetition to get people's attention but your shit is so annoying, this gal doesn't give a fuck what your product is.
    That's an actual clip from the show. My sister in law has that as a ringtone.

If you watch the ID channel without being able to FF the commercials you should know what I'm talking about.

It's for American Addiction Centers. They ask their clients what they would tell people considering calling them. The whole thing is annoying (and I know it all by heart) but the woman who says "call them, call them"... Ummmm WTF is up with her face? Sorry to be mean if she has some kind of disorder (her eyes and the top of her face are bright white and from the cheeks down she is bright red) but seriously! Did they not have a makeup artist who could have at least evened that out a bit? I know they wanted to show normal people but she just looks like someone threw a whole container of red blush at the bottom half of her face. Or she fell asleep in the sun with a book on half her cheeks, her eyes and forehead.

On the other hand, the other commercial for AAC annoys me because the people are soooo obviously actors. I do not believe their stories "I slipped, my addiction took over my family", etc... AT ALL.

So I guess the moral of the story is American Addiction Center can not win with me.

I am also so sick of hearing about trans-vaginal mesh.

i wrote under pet peeves: i'm watching college women's softball. they have commercials for erectile dysfunction. WTF!!! JFC, if men dont know there is help for that shit, fuck them! i dont want to see that shit! i dont give two shits about that! i'm watching women's softball!

p.s. to atomic, I knowwwwww! the trans mesh shit is really getting old lol!

During the 2 weeks before the Red Nose Day special was on NBC I couldn't get away from those frigging commercials, I believe they were mostly sponsored by Walgreens. A woman in a Walgreens makes a purchase/agrees to a donation and a group of singers runs out and sings to her while she mugs for the camera. The volume was always way louder than whatever you were watching.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

I HATE, HATE, HATE any and every commercial that features babies and/or toddlers when the product and/or service has nothing whatsoever to do with children. Just sticking some kid in a commercial, thinking that the "cutesy factor" will catch, much less keep my attention, is SO irritating, I will make sure to NEVER purchase anything from a company that uses these tactics. Case in point- the etrade set of baby commercials with the grating voices and stupid faces. CTFO... WTF does a baby have to do with stock trading? Seriously, for a service like that, I would want some intelligent INFORMATION, not to see and hear a bunch of stupid baby shit. Gawd, just HATE those particular commercials (and anything similar), with a passion. Apologies y'all... rant over!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

There's a long drug commercial that looks like a blueprint and it shows this man (with a blue outline made of words) going about his life, walking his dog, etc etc

The voice over for this drug commercial is reading out the side effects and she says death like a million times.

I'll see if I can find it.

Here it is

Last edited by TheDude; 06-01-2015 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    There's a long drug commercial that looks like a blueprint and it shows this man (with a blue outline made of words) going about his life, walking his dog, etc etc

The voice over for this drug commercial is reading out the side effects and she says death like a million times.

I'll see if I can find it.

Here it is

Wow... as has been said so many times, the side possible side effects of so many medicines are worse the the disease. Unbelievable.

As a side note, another thing that REALLY ticks me off, is that WE all foot the bill for these greedy ass big pharma commercials through the outrageous prices we are paying for all these medications.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

"it's all about da base, 'bout da base" from the Honest baby company is pretty damn annoying!
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    "it's all about da base, 'bout da base" from the Honest baby company is pretty damn annoying!
    Haven't seen or heard that one bawb... thank God. I appreciate the warning...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cyn, you are so right about big pharma! unreal the amount of money they put into commercials, yet their products are outrageous! I bet they all hate that
    weed is getting more and more legal!

It is, (sorry, this is for the Honest Company 'all about the base' ad. and for whatever reason I think babies at that age where they can run around but still wear diapers are creepy, lol.

Cyn, don't watch the ad I just posted in Commercials we like. It's got babies. It's one of the few (maybe the only) baby commercial I can take.

Vandalay Guest
    Finally a Flo commercial I enjoy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSOcMXQZ5Go

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post

Cyn, don't watch the ad I just posted in Commercials we like. It's got babies. It's one of the few (maybe the only) baby commercial I can take.
    LOL... thank you bettie... I did watch it... admittedly cute. Enjoyed the dancing and the tune... actually liked the way the adults were obviously reflecting upon themselves as toddler. It was well done... that spot didn't need any words at all, and just showing a quick pic of Evian at the end actually made it quite memorable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, I thought it was pretty clever. The cutest thing for me personally is that my mom's 92 year old uncle e-mailed it to her! LMAO. He was putting together planes in the war 70 years ago and now he's forwarding e-mails. You just got to keep learning!

Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    The song and singer are pretty damn annoying. I hate doo whop.

She apparently copied another singer from Korea and they both copied Phish

I. Loathe. Wendy's. Commercials. Namely the ones that air on streaming music service "Milk Music" for Samsung phones. The one that makes me want to turn it off and switch back to downloaded music is the one for some new dill pickle sandwich with cucumber dill sauce. Wendy and her Valley Girl friends discussing it: "It's such a great DILL on DILL!" "I LOVE dill!" Yadda yadda yadda, blahdy blahdy blah.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

hated it.. reminded me of fish and that threw me off

Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    hated it.. reminded me of fish and that threw me off
    What drives me insane is the over-the-top Valley Girl accents. Like, OH my God! *rolls eyes*
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

I thought we had discussed the new Colonel from the KFC ads around here, how he's creepy and someone said he reminded them of Bill Clinton. I kept thinking that too, but Darrell Hammond as Bill Clinton. So just today I read it actually WAS Darrell Hammond, lmao. Heloooooooo atomicbettie!!!! But the reason I heard it is because apparently they are replacing him with NORM McDONALD!! Now that I can not imagine for the Colonel, and gotta see how this turns out.

eta: Here's the commercial with Norm. I actually like it, think it's funny, since they aren't really trying to pass him off as authentic, so the creepiness thing goes away.

http://uproxx.com/tv/2015/08/norm-ma...l-sanders-kfc/
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 08-17-2015 at 09:30 AM.

If you have coffee at McDonald's in Southern California you'll be assaulted every 20 minutes by a commercial on America's Community Network that's seeking donations that will help send black teens to college. The narrator is a girl named Sydney who says she aspires to become a "pilantropis." I wonder how much of the money that people are sending in is ending up in Sydney's bank account. Not much, I'd wager.
    Last edited by Skiddledy Gumbo; 08-18-2015 at 09:07 AM.

Does anyone remember the "Don't Hate Me Because I'm Beautiful" commercial, the one with Rula Linska (whoever she was) - I don't remember what she was selling...? And speaking of old commercials...WHY did they bring back Colonel Sanders? OMG... I thought Cunt-tucky Fried Chicken had tried really hard to get away from their 'Plantation owner' racist image, and had, at least to younger people, re-branded themselves as simply KFC. The new 'Colonel' is so horrifying, and he sings! At least the original Colonel had some sort of sad authenticity to him... This new guy as AtomicBettie and others have said, is CREEPY! And he says in a swarmy voice, something like 'if I could get away with it I'd put chicken in the lemon aide. I believe he would.
    Also agree with you on the Jack in the Box commercials, hate the big ball head with the dead eyes. And he has a child? No no no....

Squishy mentioned Bob, the guy selling penis enlarging products, or was it longer lasting erections? Never quite sure. And his bizarre wife, with the 'I'm on acid' smile.

I agree with you Cynful, don't like baby/children commercials. Like the match-making website, is it e-harmony? The old guy and his alleged grand-daughter talking about billions of marriages... The kid is so off-putting with her 'needs to blow her nose voice.'
    Then there is the one where a giant baby represents the guy's car. Baby's in diaper commercials... seems like they are done for the enjoyment of pedophiles.

The medication recall commercials... gawd. Why do they have loud typing through-out the endless lists of death-like symptoms? If they leave an email address, and I have nothing better to do, i'll write to them. I wrote to the one about the vaginal/bladder mesh recall, and asked them, 'If you are selling the vaginal mesh you haven't used, I'd like to buy 6 yards for a square dance slip'. They didn't reply.

Agree: The awning commercial is indeed awful, the life-style lift commercial isn't getting as much play since 'Botched' has been around, and the 'I've fallen and can't get up' commercial just keeps on playing, with an endless cast of old women falling down stairs.

They never end... as long as we leave our TV's on at least.

Seems like the side effects of some of these medications are getting ridiculous. There is a new sleep medicine I thought about for a second until one of the possible side effects they listed was "inability to move your body when falling asleep or waking up. Ok, no thanks. So many of them spend half the commercial listing side effects, and they sound horrible. I miss the days when advertising prescription medication was not allowed.

I don't like commercials that make me cry, like the Budweiser ad that somebody posted on FB, where a dog hops into a horse trailer and is taken far from home, then jumps out and makes the long journey back. In the meantime, the dog's owner and a horse grieves. Dog makes it almost home when a wolf starts to attack it. But, lo and behold, a heard of horse rescue him. So the owner looks out a window and see's the dog racing toward the house, the herd behind him. (((((Sob))))
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

i haaate this Go Daddy commercial: it's like they are all humping the air. stooopid. As matter of fact, I don't think I've liked any of their stupid comms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXNUNQo86ho

I hate Go Daddy, never mind the commercials. Lol.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I hate almost all commercials. The only exceptions are the ones where someone is getting tackled.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by Skiddledy Gumbo View Post
    If you have coffee at McDonald's in Southern California you'll be assaulted every 20 minutes by a commercial on America's Community Network that's seeking donations that will help send black teens to college. The narrator is a girl named Sydney who says she aspires to become a "pilantropis." I wonder how much of the money that people are sending in is ending up in Sydney's bank account. Not much, I'd wager.
    Gawd. How agonizing. Iz Sydney supposably gittin' and edumacation???

Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    I agree with you Cynful, don't like baby/children commercials. Like the match-making website, is it e-harmony? The old guy and his alleged grand-daughter talking about billions of marriages... The kid is so off-putting with her 'needs to blow her nose voice.'

The medication recall commercials... gawd. Why do they have loud typing through-out the endless lists of death-like symptoms? If they leave an email address, and I have nothing better to do, i'll write to them. I wrote to the one about the vaginal/bladder mesh recall, and asked them, 'If you are selling the vaginal mesh you haven't used, I'd like to buy 6 yards for a square dance slip'. They didn't reply.

Agree: The awning commercial is indeed awful, the life-style lift commercial isn't getting as much play since 'Botched' has been around, and the 'I've fallen and can't get up' commercial just keeps on playing, with an endless cast of old women falling down stairs.

They never end... as long as we leave our TV's on at least.
    And even more agony Hidium... ITA with you on every one of these!

I am LMFAO SO HARD about you writing the company about leftover vaginal mesh!!! For a square dance slip!!! OMG, that is hysterically funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you... I will be laughing all night!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sleep paralysis is the worst! Glad that the vaginal mesh square dance slip made you laugh, Cynful. It might also do a good job stiffening a corset.

Another commercial that I HATE - well series of commercials, are the ones for toilet paper with the blue bears. I hate it because the blue bears are always wiping their dirty bear asses! And, because of the 50s family dynamic.

gottaqhfilly Guest
    All of them.

Jennifer Aniston for Aveeno. JA promoting ANYTHING for that matter.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Same goes here, Mans. I don't know what it is about her, but she makes me want say "Ew."
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Jennifer Aniston is a pretty woman, but she hides her chin with her hand a lot. Also, her big diamond ring looks like a piece of broken glass, no sparkle.