Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Joaquin Phoenix

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    He played a gig in San Quentin with Shooter Jennings.
    Really? That's soooo cool! My respect just went up for him a few more notches.

BTW: Johnny Cash put out a live album when he played San Quentin. It's one of the best live albums IMO.

KarmaKat Guest
    See Joaquin now to say 2 years ago there is such a big change.
    He really does not look well or in a good place physically and emotionally. I really hope we do not see a repeat of River with him. But unless he gets some help Im afraid we just might.
    The Phoenix brothers are definately amazingly talented but fragile souls

gemini33 Guest
    I really was never a fan of "Leif" Phoenix, but he does look like crap!! Give that man a comb and a razor!

4. 01-18-2009, 02:23 AM

cherryghost Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    Saturday, January 17th 2009

Drunk Ass Hobo Mess

Joaquin Phoenix crawled out from under one of the Abandonded Couch's seat cushions, where he's been living, to host some party at Lavo in Las Vegas last night. They should have changed that club name to Lavado for the night, because that's what Joaquin needs to do. Preferably in a HazMat facility and in a stainless steel tub filled with RID. You know there's some mutant lice-flea-scabie creatures living on his nasty ass. Just looking at him makes my skin itch like there's tiny hobo animals burrowing into my pores.
    Those are some dumb bitches who are posing that close to him. I won't feel sorry for them when they wake up with maggots in their cooch or assholes. That's what they get. If I entered a club and Joaquin was there, I would quit that bitch in a second and put in an anonymous tip to the CDC.

(paragraph, censored)

Anyway, Casey Affleck was also there last night because he's directing a documentary about Joaquin trying to break into the rap game. Yes, a fucking rapper. Sorry, but if I want to watch a drunk ass hobo try to rap, I'll take the damn subway during rush hour.

He just looks like most of the guys I went to Art School with! Is he supposed to look like a Hollywood actor all the time! If so who says so LOL! I think its rather late for anyone to say he is repeating the River path! Hes to old and into something else IMOP!
    Last edited by cherryghost; 01-18-2009 at 03:38 AM.

Where is he doing his clothes shopping these days? Dumpsters?

He looks like a homeless hippie

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcP View Post
    He looks like a homeless hippie
    I wish Nashville homeless hippies looked like that.

JanGirl Guest
    Can anyone else see that X shaped cut on his arm in the 3rd picture? whats that all about? Maybe my eyes are just playing tricks on me

Quote Originally Posted by JanGirl View Post
    Can anyone else see that X shaped cut on his arm in the 3rd picture? whats that all about? Maybe my eyes are just playing tricks on me
    I can see it, your eyes are fine, but have no clue wth that is about

yanno how some people look nice with facial hair and some dont, well he be one of the latter.geesh dude at least groom the thing. He looked sooo good in walk the line, but now, screams scuzzy

its sad

NOVSTORM Guest
    All I can say is he should bhave never quit acting because he cant rap worth a shit ( I hate rap) he the looks like a bum and has gone from drop dead good looking to fucking ugly. His mind slipped off the axis and is free falling in a head filed with what? Drugs booze or he has just lost his mind all together. I am embarrassed for him lol

Meli Guest
    Id still hit that! Nah I kid... or do I?

cachluv Guest
    He is really reminding me of Vincent Gallo here lately. Batshit crazy with the hygiene to prove it.

What a shame, I hope it's a phase. He's a beautiful soul, he seems to have lapsed into some self-loathing.

I hope he's okay.

Gallo, looking like Phoenix (to me)
    Last edited by cachluv; 01-18-2009 at 12:47 PM.

Nerak Guest
    ack! what happened to Joaquin?? he looks really bad
    that beard has got to go!!

RubySlippers Guest
    he's going through a phase. he'll get bored and do something else. obviously he could give a shit about how others perceive him and with good reason. he's young and unattached...he has nothing to prove to anyone.

Amazing - he used to be so hot, now he is just a hot mess
    Last edited by findadeathaddict; 03-15-2009 at 08:43 AM.

octobersky Guest
    In the pictures, all I can think of is the fact that he has a hole in the crotch of his pants.
    I don't know how to feel about that. I used to think he was pretty damn hot.

Ms. Black Guest
    The fact that he's drinking again is terrifying to me. He is obviously in trouble. If he does not get help soon, I really think we are going to lose him too.

More Cheese Please Guest
    Joaquin Phoenix is a slag, inconsequential fuck who has hit the proverbial wall....

He looks nothing like River. They must have different fathers.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

River looked like his mom and Joaquin looks like his dad.

More Cheese Please Guest
    Joaquin looks like a desperate despot

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yyyt.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	11985

Quote Originally Posted by betsy View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yyyt.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	11985

WOW!! He looks just like his dad!! Beard and all!!!!!!!!

motherogod Guest
    He just appears to be so dang self destructive. The whole "bye good" thing and appearing to loathe his stardom reminds me of Kurt Cobain. Wayyyyyy too much like Cobain, actually. Not in the musical talent, obviously.

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    Maybe he's going through some sort of a life crisis??

Apparently he has a pretty big coke habit...stories are coming from parties where he has the longer nail and everything.

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by scuzzle View Post
    Apparently he has a pretty big coke habit...stories are coming from parties where he has the longer nail and everything.
    I'm not entirely surprised. My respect for him has diminished greatly since I've seen a lot of this stuff. C'mon Joaquin! Rap?! Eminem you are not, my dear Mime...Perhaps something more akin to a half eaten lint-covered Skittle. *nods*

Has anyone else seen the news report from one of his red carpet interviews? He stopped the interview because he told the reporter there was something crawling out of his scalp. He then mentioned a frog coming out of his hair...

He's lost it. But, perhaps this is just a publicity stunt as others have mentioned. Why else would Casey Affleck make a documentary of this nonsense? I can just see the "Phoenix from the Ashes" headlines now.

darock299 Guest
    i heard yesterday that he plans to make a rap album.....maybe he'll be the next
    2joaq or the notorious joa-qu-in...we will have to see!

KarmaKat Guest
    Rap???????????????
    Really?????????????
    Rock or even country I would understand. But.............
    Rap???????????????
    Really?????????????
    Please someone get this guy help before we have to move this thread to the death section.
    Rap??????????????
    Really????????????

darock299 Guest
    though he is a talented actor...i beleive him being with and watching his brother die is something he's never gotten over...something like that happened to anyone in my family.....i'd never even think of doing nose candy....i would of learned a lesson....but that's just my opion guys and gals...i would like to hear what ya'll think

darock299 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    http://www.dlisted.com/node/29980

Wednesday, December 31st 2008 Yes, Didd, That Really Is Joaquin Phoenix

No, Diddy, he hasn't been moisturizing the sexy. Joaquin hasn't even been bathing the sexy. Obviously.

Joaquin Phoenix said "Bye Good" to Hollywood and (censored, check the link for the text, MichaelD goes way overboard on these things). This is what fucking happens when you snort too much bunk coke and drink too many random cocktails left on the bar. I just want to give him a can of RAID and some Hazmat-approved antibacterial soap, because you know there's baby roaches living in that beard.

That being said, I'd hit it with a clothespin on my nose. Well, his sparkly hair clip is fancy!

Here's Joaquin, Casey Affleck, Brett Ratner and Diddy at a douche convention in Miami two nights ago. I bet you Joaquin only talks in his own language, because he thinks the government can hear all his conversations.

yes diddy thats really joaquin...

maybe he was makin a movie or something b/c i see braids and alot of stuff in his hair for hair extentions....maybe he looks like that to portray a movie roll

Just looks like a hairclip to me. Maybe hes trying to be Jim Morrisson.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

jenna_VonDoom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by darock299 View Post
    yes diddy thats really joaquin...

maybe he was makin a movie or something b/c i see braids and alot of stuff in his hair for hair extentions....maybe he looks like that to portray a movie roll
    OH MY FUCKN GOD WHAT THE HELL IS THAT??!! *ugh*! He looks really gross now!! What. A. Waste. Well then, time to mark him off the list of hot guys id hit twice....

MagicMom Guest
    ::crying softly::

Why...?? Why....??

JanGirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by darock299 View Post
    though he is a talented actor...i beleive him being with and watching his brother die is something he's never gotten over...something like that happened to anyone in my family.....i'd never even think of doing nose candy....i would of learned a lesson....but that's just my opion guys and gals...i would like to hear what ya'll think
    He probably used drugs way before River even died, he might of even been high himself that night. I think his troubles go way back.

Snoopy Guest
    The more I read and see of him..I think this guy is in trouble..it's so sad..I watched Clay Pigeon the other night with him and Vince Vaughn..he doesn't even look like the same person..I always thought he was a very talented actor.

............................................?!(being speechless)
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...

burgtwngrl Guest
    OWG! I had no idea he looked that bad! I think he's coming unglued like River did at the end. River was suffering from some sort of mental illness before he died along with his drug abuse.

I don't want to see him end up like River. Didn't he just lose a sister recently? or was that Macauley Culkin? I forget

Snoopy Guest
    Macauly Culkin's sister was killed. as far as I know Joaquin hasn't lost another sibling.

burgtwngrl Guest
    Oh ok thanks I knew it was one of them

I never thought he was all that good-looking, but Dear Lord! What happened? And why does he have a shaved line through his mustache? This thread is Skeeeery!
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

lolly89 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    I never thought he was all that good-looking, but Dear Lord! What happened? And why does he have a shaved line through his mustache? This thread is Skeeeery!
    Its not a line. He has a microform (cleft lip that healed before he was born)

I managed to watch all 3 videos (I know I posted them here but I just couldnt face it) and all I have to say is

RubySlippers Guest
    *he'll be back, he'll be back. it is going to be alright...*

whatever phase he is going through i hope he comes out the other side,from what i have just watched in the links and the pics of him of late is a tad worrying

ShatteredMirror Guest
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

I maybe wrong, quite wrong I know, but I'm beginning to sense a little Borat-style hoax afoot here.The evidence, M'Lord? Well.....famous actor quits acting, starts behaving 'weirdly', changes appearance dramatically, becomes the subject of a rockumentry (or should that be mockumentry) being made by his brother-in-law Casey Affleck about becoming a rap artist.
    Spinal Tap anyone?
    A Joke at the expense of the media, public, the nature of celebrity [I]et al[/I?]

But has the joke been rumbled..............

Like I say I could be mistaken, but I'm having my suspicious......

Guest Guest

cachluv Guest
    The author of Dlisted calls him "MC Bedbug".

RubySlippers Guest
    lest we remind you of others that went through a "phase"...

brad pitt

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ShatteredMirror View Post
    becomes the subject of a rockumentry (or should that be mockumentry) being made by his brother-in-law Casey Affleck about becoming a rap artist.
    How is Casey Affleck Joaquin's brother-in-law? Is he married to one of the sisters? I had no clue...

I do think you might be on to something though...This is all too weird of behavior for him to not be "Punking" somebody. If it's real, it's scary to think that not only is Joaquin on a hardcore downward spiral - But Casey is following along happily filming it all without stepping in to help.