Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Koenig

Fancynancy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    5 minutes of airtime on a popular cable broadcast is better than none when you are trying to get a message out is all Im sayin.
    I dont know if I'd have reacted in a better manner though if put in a similar situation.Hell yeah Id be pissed at Scary Thing but that 5 minutes might be the most important 5 minutes ever spent putting aside my anger if it saved the life of a loved one.

Larry King just rambles on and on, and for all the world you would think he is NEVER prepared. I can't believe some of the dumb questions he asks. Does he really think his audience is so ill-read that we don't already know some of the stuff he;s "probing" for?

KristinEileen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancynancy View Post
    Larry King just rambles on and on, and for all the world you would think he is NEVER prepared. I can't believe some of the dumb questions he asks. Does he really think his audience is so ill-read that we don't already know some of the stuff he;s "probing" for?
    I have a hard time watching him in general...In our house he is referred to as "The Coat Rack"

I think Andrew's parents made a very poignant statement...and that they really put it out there that suicide doesn't have to be the answer...it almost sounded like a PSA for suicide prevention...it was heartbreaking watching his father cry the way he did...

I've never watched him longer than about 30 seconds hes a complete turnoff.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilepad336 View Post
    CNN just confirmed it is him.

Body Found -- May Be Andrew Koenig

Posted Feb 25th 2010 6:20PM by TMZ Staff
    UPDATE: CNN is confirming the body is that of Andrew Koenig.

A body believed to be that of missing "Growing Pains" star Andrew Koenig was found by police in Vancouver.

According to police, the body was discovered in Stanley Park today at around noon.

Andrew has been missing since February 14.

A news conference is scheduled for 5:00 PM PT. Andrew's parents are supposed to attend.

Story developing...

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0gb7vsKor
    Oh God. I had a terrible feeling this was going to have a sad ending. Poor guy.

atlantis Guest
    This is so bizarre. I had no idea his dad was Chekov. And I LOVED Growing Pains. Mike and Boner were best buds. Poor Andrew. I deal with depression on a fairly regular basis. Like others have said, it's not bullshit.

My cousin killed himself in '07. He did the same kind of things Andrew did....gave stuff away, cancelled his cell phone coverage, making other "arrangements"...that tells me Andrew had been thinking of this for a while, as my cousin had. My cousin had been battling depression his whole life. Bless his heart, he managed to make it to 45. But sometimes, there's nothing anyone can do. Some people DO NOT WANT TO BE HERE ANYMORE. Our lives will never be the same again as far as my cousin goes but....it is what it is.

I feel such agony for Andrew's parents. To have a loved one die by their own hand is something that will always remain un-graspable. Knowing it didn't have to happen but it did.

The photo of Andrew with long hair was a very good one. He was an attractive human being. And he looks very much like his dad, now that I know who his dad is.

Andrew, I hope the Universe, God, whatever you want to call it, has finally shown you peace. You deserve it after battling with darkness your whole life.

hoxharding Guest
    Andrew seemed to be a intelligent,sensitive,creative guy who had respect for
    so many things. He looks like he tried to help people,animals and the environment.
    I was just reading some of his writings tonight-I feel so badly for his family.
    He was a good looking guy also-the two pictures I posted together are my favorite pics of him.

ALANTIS- Well put as well as insightful. Excellent post. Suicide reverberates.

I knew a man who killed himself when his wife filed for divorce; Fifteen years later their son, then 16 did the same thing & in the same manner. The mother has not been the same since. What it takes away, that is from everyone who knows the person- just awful. All of those 'what ifs' and 'what could I have done ?' thoughts the survivors are left with.

One time where I can truly understand committing suicide is when someone is terminally ill and they get down to the tail end where they're bed-ridden and in constant agony.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

simon69 Guest

I believe this goes here.........

RaRaRamona Guest
    http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=t...d-c0311b746af4

Video of his parents. I was really moved by it, especially when his dad said that people this depressed need to know how much people love them but it might not be enough.

It takes more than words to help the chemically imbalanced.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Seagorath Guest
    I wonder if he committed suicide after reading the FAD thread about him...

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    I wonder if he committed suicide after reading the FAD thread about him...
    Maybe he was so sad about his parents not appearing on Larry King Live...

So sorry the story ended this way. Like everyone, I had really hoped they would find him safe and help him recover. Depression is such a difficult disease and it sounds as though this kind, gifted man really struggled with it. Peace and heartfelt condolences to him and his family and friends.

Northern Lights Guest
    RIP Andrew.

sheri Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantis View Post
    This is so bizarre. I had no idea his dad was Chekov. And I LOVED Growing Pains. Mike and Boner were best buds. Poor Andrew. I deal with depression on a fairly regular basis. Like others have said, it's not bullshit.

My cousin killed himself in '07. He did the same kind of things Andrew did....gave stuff away, cancelled his cell phone coverage, making other "arrangements"...that tells me Andrew had been thinking of this for a while, as my cousin had. My cousin had been battling depression his whole life. Bless his heart, he managed to make it to 45. But sometimes, there's nothing anyone can do. Some people DO NOT WANT TO BE HERE ANYMORE. Our lives will never be the same again as far as my cousin goes but....it is what it is.

I feel such agony for Andrew's parents. To have a loved one die by their own hand is something that will always remain un-graspable. Knowing it didn't have to happen but it did.

The photo of Andrew with long hair was a very good one. He was an attractive human being. And he looks very much like his dad, now that I know who his dad is.

Andrew, I hope the Universe, God, whatever you want to call it, has finally shown you peace. You deserve it after battling with darkness your whole life.
    I had no clue either that Chekov is his dad either. So sad to see his parents and sister in such unimaginable grief and pain.

RIP, Andrew. May you find the peace on the other side that you were unable to find here with those who love you. May your journey be free of incident. Hugs to your family and friends that are left behind.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Maybe he was so sad about his parents not appearing on Larry King Live...

You idiot.

What a sad ending, it didn't look like it would have a happy ending. RIP Andrew, I can only hope he is finally at peace.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When life hands you tequila, make a margarita.

Pryncis Guest
    Such a shame... I hope he's happy now, where ever he is...

Wonder how long the bodies been there? Is it a small city park with heavy traffic or is it one of those natural areas with rough terrain and barely accessible areas?
    It's a huge park - 1,000 acres with lots of densely wooded areas, a lake, etc. A lot of homeless people actually live in the park, camping in tents, etc. and do so basically undetected.

There are other unsolved murder cases associated with the park, including one called "babes in the woods", two kids missing since the late 70's or early 80's. A large search was once done of part of the park and it turned up several guns, etc. that were quite old.

The fact that he was just off a path, indicates, I think, that he wanted to be found. Otherwise, he could have gone deeper and would probably not have been found at all.
    God loves Canada - Land of the Sodomites!

Dixie Girl Guest
    I hope that he has finally found his peace. His parent's battle to come to terms with it will probably haunt them for the rest of their lives.

How sad. RIP Andrew!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

james1977 Guest

Kirk Cameron Is An Idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Demondahlia View Post
    RIP Andrew .. I always thought you were way hotter than that nappy headed jesus freak Kirk Cameron.. As someone who suffers from severe depressive episodes.. this really hits home. I hope you have found the peace and freedom where ever you are..that you could not find here.
    Darn right Well said. that Jesus Freak - Kirk Cameron who thinks his bodily waste doesn't stink , makes me wanna throw up. Find me a toilet to fill with vomit when I look at Kirk's Jesus Freak religious nut-case fat face . R.I.P. Andrew

heat123 Guest
    Just seen this, it is so sad, deepest sympathies to his family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=t...d-c0311b746af4

Video of his parents. I was really moved by it, especially when his dad said that people this depressed need to know how much people love them but it might not be enough.

Awww, I was sad to see his name up in this section now. Too bad it ended this way, but I think we all saw what was coming with his history and behavior lately.

RIP Andrew.

doom_buggy Guest
    I truly hope he's at peace now. I'm sure his family has always worried this would happen to him. My father used to threaten suicide all the time. As a child I was always on edge because of this. A severely depressed family member or friend can wear you down. I hope his parents and loved ones can find peace also. This is a horrible situation for all involved.
    Last edited by doom_buggy; 02-26-2010 at 04:21 AM.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by doom_buggy View Post
    My father used to threaten suicide all the time. As a child I was always on edge because of this.
    That's horrible.

knothere Guest
    suicide is a very sad thing i guess ppl look at it as sumin they only got do once n then they can be happy

y he did it only he knows but his parents didnt deserve this kinda pain n suffering

rest now in peace andrew

SinKittyVixen Guest
    RIP Andrew. What a sad story. I think he hung himself.

RIP Andrew.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Something is wrong with a nappy head?
    No Fancy didnt mean to offend ..Im totally cool with nappy hair just not when it's attached to said person, Im just really really not a fan of Kirk Cameron and that was the first derogatory thing that came to mind ...that intensly curly hair with that my shit does'nt stink grin ...ugh

Snudgie Guest
    Very sad...RIP Andrew...hope you're at peace now...thoughts to his family and friends...xxx

orionova Guest
    The only thing that has kept me alive for the past decade is the knowledge that children with a parent who commits suicide are at something like 60% greater risk of committing suicide themselves.

Poor Andrew. I hope he's found peace.

Seagorath Guest
    Say hello to Christine Chubbuck for me, Andrew.

stacebabe Guest
    And ask her where we can get a copy of the video!

Say hello to Christine Chubbuck for me, Andrew.

RaRaRamona Guest
    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

When they had the news conference the look of agony on his father Walters face was unreal.
    I think it was great of them to use most of their time talking directly to the people who are seriously depressed and are thinking about taking it to the next level.
    I really wish the parents well during this time, it doesn't matter how old your child is he's still your child and no parent should ever have to bury a child.
    Peace.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

hoxharding Guest
    Seeing his parents was just heart-rending. I can't even fathom searching for your friend or child and finding their body in a park.

RaRaRamona Guest
    http://www.tvguide.com/News/Remember...g-1015450.aspx

The parents of Growing Pains star Andrew Koenig, who was found dead in Vancouver Thursday, are preparing a remembrance book in their son's honor, while friends and colleagues are paying tribute to the late actor described as a "great dude."

"The Koenig family thanks you for your kind thoughts at this difficult time," the family said in a statement. "It means a lot to them and they are very appreciative of the support they are receiving. Each of these emails will be printed and bound in a remembrance book."

Andrew Koenig's body found in Vancouver

Koenig, who suffered from depression, died of an apparent suicide in Vancouver's Stanley Park, his parents, Walter Koenig and Judy Levitt-Koenig, said Thursday. His body was found a week after he was reported missing by friends and family.

"It is with great sorrow to hear about the final outcome of the search for my old friend Andrew. I hope everyone will be sensitive to the Koenigs and give the family some private time to reflect and to grieve the loss of their beloved son," Kirk Cameron, his Growing Pains co-star, said in a statement. "At a time like this, we all are reminded of the briefness of life and the importance of being ready for our eternal destination. My prayers will continue to be with Andrew's family."

Kirk Cameron "praying" for missing Growing Pains co-star

Tracey Gold, who played Cameron's sister Carol on the '80s sitcom, told Us Weekly that her "heart is broken" for the Koenigs. "I have such great memories of Andrew and our time together on Growing Pains," she said.

Other stars took to Twitter to pay their respects to the 41-year-old actor best known as "Boner" on Growing Pains, including William Shatner, Walter Koenig's former co-star on Star Trek. (Walter Koenig portrayed Chekov on the series.)

"My deepest sympathies to Andrew Koenig's family. I will grieve with them," Shatner wrote.

Andrew Koenig's parents walked off Larry King Live for "personal reasons"

Star Trek: The Next Generation alum Wil Wheaton tweeted: "Oh my god. I just heard that Andrew Koenig's body has been found in Vancouver. He was only 41. My heart goes out to his family."

Koenig's Family Values co-star Danny Masterson called the actor a "great dude. Very smart. very cool. very funny," while Alyssa Milano, who had actively tweeted for help in the search for Koenig, asked her followers to "do everything in your power" to help those with depression.

Growing Pains star goes missing

Comedian Jimmy Pardo, Koenig's brother-in-law who hosts the podcast Never Not Funny, paid tribute to Koenig on his website, on which the actor frequently worked.

"Andrew Koenig was our video producer, our cameraman and our editor. He was our collaborator on mic and off. He was also our brother and our friend. Just as he did with his work as an actor and an activist, he touched countless lives by gracing us with his presence on Never Not Funny, and now we all feel the weight of his absence. The Andrew we will remember and celebrate is the Andrew we saw every week at the studio: the kind and caring vegan, the videographic wizard, and most of all, the gifted performer with a passion for comedy who laughed at us and made us laugh. We will miss him always."

Suicide pisses me off! My father killed himself when I was 11 years old and I will never, ever get over it. All the "what ifs" can really consume the survivors. I have been told through therapy that when people are so depressed that they want to take their own life, there isn't much you can do to help them, but that is little consolation for me. I had to walk down the aisle at my wedding without my father, and he will never know my beautiful sons. I am so heartbroken for those who loved Andrew, especially his parents. They will never, ever get over this- and they will carry guilt for the rest of their lives. Believe me, I know.

So sad. Depression is a terrible thing - to reach a point where the pain is so bad that you see no other options. I admire his parents trying to help others out of their own pain instead of just burying themselves in it. I cannot imagine going on if something happened to my daughter.

KarmaKat Guest
    The love his parents have for him is so apparent when you watch the news conference. Hopefully with all they have said and will do, others will be saved from feeling their pain.

Seagorath Guest
    I still haven't worked up the nerves to watch his parent's suffering.

Is it bad?

RaRaRamona Guest
    I still haven't worked up the nerves to watch his parent's suffering.

Is it bad?

It's not that bad. It's very touching.

doom_buggy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    Too funny

OMyStarz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    Yeah, that!

OMyStarz Guest
    My best friend committed suicide 4 years ago, my kids called her "Aunt", she was that close. She did it on my son's 17th birthday and 4 days after my first grandson was born, I was out of town. We still carry the thought of her death every time one of their birthday's comes around, my son especially.

She called me the night before at my hotel and we talked a bit, but I was so excited to have the new baby there that we didn't have one of our good, in-depth talks like we usually did. I feel so bad about that now, and will always wonder if there was anything I could have said to make her change her mind in those last few hours of her life.

Unfortunately, I was the only one she could get ahold of that night, everyone else found messages from her on their answering machine, so I guess at least I have that.
    Last edited by OMyStarz; 02-27-2010 at 06:00 AM.

Seagorath Guest
    Wow, do you vividly recall the conversation details? What was discussed and for how long did you talk? What did she say at the end of the conversation? Sorry for bombarding you with questions (runs and hides).

Sorry for your loss, Starz.

Quote Originally Posted by OMyStarz View Post
    My best friend committed suicide 4 years ago, my kids called her "Aunt", she was that close. She did it on my son's 17th birthday and 4 days after my first grandson was born, I was out of town. We still carry the thought of her death every time one of their birthday's comes around, my son especially.

She called me the night before at my hotel and we talked a bit, but I was so excited to have the new baby there that we didn't have one of our good, in-depth talks like we usually did. I feel so bad about that now, and will always wonder if there was anything I could have said to make her change her mind in those last few hours of her life.

Unfortunately, I was the only one she could get ahold of that night, everyone else found messages from her on their answering machine, so I guess at least I have that.

atlantis Guest
    I just watched the video of his parents letting everyone know his son took his own life. As someone else has already mentioned, the look on his father's face was unreal. He just seemed so lost. Grief was literally etched on his face. I cried with him as I was watching. I know what's it like to find out a very precious loved one has taken his life. The feeling is indescribable unless you have experienced it, God forbid.

I hate all the pain in this world. It's unnecessary. If we just LOVED EACH OTHER WITH ALL OF OUR HEARTS AND SOULS AND COMMUNICATED, we'd all be able to cope.

Please, God, or whatever your name is, hold this family in your arms and make sure Andrew is surrounded by peace.

John carpenter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sheri View Post
    I had no clue either that Chekov is his dad either. So sad to see his parents and sister in such unimaginable grief and pain.

RIP, Andrew. May you find the peace on the other side that you were unable to find here with those who love you. May your journey be free of incident. Hugs to your family and friends that are left behind.
    I had no clue either about Chekov was andrews dad either. but, Walter said "my Son killed himself"? Why was he so sure? I guess he put two & two together with the depresssion Andrew had.. I feel sorry for both the parents.

Well, they didn't release details, but it said in one of the news reports that Walter was nearby when they found Andrew's body and I believe he went directly to the scene. I guess we would have to surmise that whatever he saw there indicated obviously enough that Andrew committed suicide.

I would have to believe that if there was any doubt, that his parents would have said something different (accidental, murder, etc.)
    "I don't want the bodies, just the pictures."
    --Castle