Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dawn Wells of Gilligan's Island Fame

Bidmor Guest

Dawn Wells of Gilligan's Island Fame

I guess Mary Ann brought some back from the island to raise on the farm. Now we know how she kept from punching out Ginger all those years.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080311/...ple_dawn_wells

Didnt this happen years ago as well? Guess Mary Ann likes her Mary Jane.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

motherogod Guest
    It's always the ones you'd never suspect. WTG, Mary Ann!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Heaven's to Betsy, that the cutest mug shot I have EVER seen!

"Wells said she'd just given a ride to three hitchhikers and had dropped them off when they began smoking something."

"The 69-year-old Wells...then failed a sobriety test."

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    If she's now actually in jail it must have happened long ago.

Snoopy Guest
    Gawd..bet that's why Gilligan LOVED her coconut cream pie!

Heres something about her previous involvement with weed and distribution
    http://www.gilligansisle.com/star.html
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Yes, it did.

knothere Guest
    gilligan used to get his weed off her
    shes a big advocate of makin weed legal

RLR12 Guest
    HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

amylynn Guest
    She does have an really cute mug shot...hehee way to go Mary Ann!

cachluv Guest

'Gilligan's' Mary Ann Caught With Dope

Mar 11, 5:57 PM (ET

(AP) Dawn Wells of the cast of "Gilligan's Island" poses during filming of a two-hour reunion show.

DRIGGS, Idaho (AP) - Dawn Wells, who played Mary Ann on "Gilligan's Island," is serving six months' unsupervised probation after allegedly being caught with marijuana in her car.
    She was sentenced Feb. 29 to five days in jail, fined $410.50 and placed on probation after pleading guilty to one count of reckless driving.
    Under a plea agreement, three misdemeanor counts - driving under the influence, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance - were dropped.
    On Oct. 18, Teton County sheriff's Deputy Joseph Gutierrez arrested Wells as she was driving home from a surprise birthday party that was held for her. According to the sheriff's office report, Gutierrez pulled Wells over after noticing her swerve and repeatedly speed up and slow down. When Gutierrez asked about a marijuana smell, Wells said she'd just given a ride to three hitchhikers and had dropped them off when they began smoking something. Gutierrez found half-smoked joints and two small cases used to store marijuana.
    The 69-year-old Wells, founder of the Idaho Film and Television Institute and organizer of the region's annual family movie festival called the Spud Fest, then failed a sobriety test. Wells' lawyer, Ron Swafford, said that a friend of Wells' testified that he'd left a small amount of marijuana in the vehicle after using it that day, and that Wells was unaware of it. Swafford also said several witnesses were prepared to testify that Wells had very little to drink at the party and was not intoxicated when she left. He said she was swerving on the road because she was trying to find the heater controls in her new car.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Oh noes! Not you Cach! You broker your search finger!?!?

cachluv Guest
    I searched under Dawn Wells. Nothing came up. Because no one used her actual name in the other post I did the search.

It's really no problem to delete this I'll just contact a MOD and will search next time under the celebrity name, all the character names they played, hell even whatever state they live in.

Hitchhikers!!!

Why didn't she say that she had just dropped off Bill Clinton; and although there was a joint being burned; neither of them had inhaled; and that whereas there had been some "physical contact"; there was no intercourse; therefore no sex took place.

Sorry to you many Clinton fans; that was just the first thing that came to mind.

Hitchhikers, PLEASE!!!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    I searched under Dawn Wells. Nothing came up. Because no one used her actual name in the other post I did the search.

It's really no problem to delete this I'll just contact a MOD and will search next time under the celebrity name, all the character names they played, hell even whatever state they live in.
    No no! Never delete! Merge merge. Your golden words of wisdom can still shine.

Morbid1 Guest
    Ooops!

I thought it was stashed in the professor's radio!

-Morbid1

spoiledkitty Guest
    at least it was weed and not coke, guess everybody needs something.

Merged.

cachluv Guest
    SomeChick please check your PM's.

Right back atcha dahlink.

hoxharding Guest
    Why I can't think of the name of the guy who played Gilligan is something I can't figure out.
    Anyway-he was arrested for pot at some point in recent years.

Bob Denver

Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding
    Why I can't think of the name of the guy who played Gilligan is something I can't figure out.
    Mary Ann was his supplier.
    http://www.gilligansisle.com/star.html

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by amylynn View Post
    She does have an really cute mug shot...hehee way to go Mary Ann!

She does look kind of stoned in the pic though.

pvezz Guest
    Am I the only one that felt as old as dirt when you read that she's 69???

Aging sucks... she used to be hot.

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Aging sucks... she used to be hot.
    Well, dude, she is like 70......

Cathy J. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    and I believe Dawn Wells/Mary Ann was involved with Bob Denver's "pot incident".

In his later years Bob Denver lived in West Virginia. For a time I believe he and his wife did an online oldies radio show there someplace. As I remember they tried to get their show picked up in some other markets but no one was interested. However according to what I read about Bob Denver in the past on some of those West Virginia radio websites, neither he or his wife weren't exactly nice people.

Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    Well, dude, she is like 70......
    alright... so she looks pretty good for her age.

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    alright... so she looks pretty good for her age.
    You know what, Jason? She actually DOES!

malaki Guest

Gilligans Island Mary Ann busted!!!

This undated photo, supplied by the Teton County Sheriff's Department, shows...

24 minutes ago

DRIGGS, Idaho â?? Dawn Wells, who played Mary Ann on "Gilligan's Island," is serving six months' unsupervised probation after allegedly being caught with marijuana in her car.
    She was sentenced Feb. 29 to five days in jail, fined $410.50 and placed on probation after pleading guilty to one count of reckless driving.
    Under a plea agreement, three misdemeanor counts â?? driving under the influence, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance â?? were dropped.
    On Oct. 18, Teton County sheriff's Deputy Joseph Gutierrez arrested Wells as she was driving home from a surprise birthday party that was held for her. According to the sheriff's office report, Gutierrez pulled Wells over after noticing her swerve and repeatedly speed up and slow down. When Gutierrez asked about a marijuana smell, Wells said she'd just given a ride to three hitchhikers and had dropped them off when they began smoking something. Gutierrez found half-smoked joints and two small cases used to store marijuana.
    The 69-year-old Wells, founder of the Idaho Film and Television Institute and organizer of the region's annual family movie festival called the Spud Fest, then failed a sobriety test.
    Wells' lawyer, Ron Swafford, said that a friend of Wells' testified that he'd left a small amount of marijuana in the vehicle after using it that day, and that Wells was unaware of it. Swafford also said several witnesses were prepared to testify that Wells had very little to drink at the party and was not intoxicated when she left. He said she was swerving on the road because she was trying to find the heater controls in her new car.
    Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Oh

my

goodness

BetteDavisEyes1986 Guest

Talking

Back when Bob Denver was busted with pot she came to his defense in the media. Now I know why, they probably both smoked the doob together! LMAO

malaki Guest
    I wonder now who the public pick??? Mary Ann or Ginger????..She had that nice girl facade what a naughty girl!!! hehehe

Xtine Guest
    Guess Mary Ann likes her Mary Jane.
    Who doesn't?

BetteDavisEyes1986 Guest
    Look at her mugshot, she has that whole Granny from Beverly Hillbillies with a dye job look going on lol

RaRaRamona Guest
    Merge! Merge! Search! Search!

WELLS got busted like a dozen years ago for mailing some MJ to BOB DENVER. She's a big ole pothead. Old news.

"Water it honey..........."
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

Pryncis Guest
    She looks like she's trying to hold back the giggles! I've never gotten high, does it have the type of effect?

41. 03-12-2008, 12:33 AM

Thanks for including the mugshot, malaki, that's just precious! She looks great. The way they shot the mugshot makes her look tiny, with all that "headroom". If I'm reading the chart right, she's about 5 foot five, but she look about 4 feet tall the way they framed it. Okay, they probably get a lot of 6 foot 5 felons in there, but can't they adjust the camera a little? Okay the video geek will now stop obsessing about it.

Except for the driving under the influence part, I say good for her. There are worse things to be partaking in (in my opinion) than weed, and she's refreshingly unapologetic about it.

Katie Guest
    I was surpried at how old she was. It sure makes a person feel old, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Xtine View Post
    Who doesn't?
    Me

I love her mug shot, she has a "oh well, whatcha gonna do?" expression on her face.

Must be a slow news week...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Don't forget to start your day with a nutritious breakfast!

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I bet she'd be fun to have as your granny. It'd always be 420 with some really tasty cookies.

Dying Breath Guest
    She reminds me of the grandpa on Little Ms Sunshine..

LOL

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes1986 View Post
    Back when Bob Denver was busted with pot she came to his defense in the media. Now I know why, they probably both smoked the doob together! LMAO
    Remember, before Gilligan, Bob Denver was Maynard G. Crebbs, a beatnick, on Dobie Gillis. Beatnicks were known to inbibe with vegetation on occasion...so Bob had the history.

Danny62 Guest
    I love all the excuses about how it wasn't hers. Yeah she looks pretty High in the mugshot.

Man that kills my fantasy of a threesome with her and Ginger. LOL

miz rosebud Guest
    she tried to blame it on a hitchhiker lol.i never knew she smoked thats a trip.and no dought she was high making gilligans island.