Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112 LastLast

Thread: Jimi Hendrix

ForumReader Guest

Question Jimi Hendrix reburial!

Jimi Hendrix was exhumed in 2002 and reburied under a marble dome memorial in another section of Greenwood Memorial Park, Renton, King County, Washington, USA.
    My question is was he really exhumed and reburied or is he still in the same grave as some speculation has suggested?
    No video or picture evidence exists of this event as it was apparently conducted in secret! The creation of the memorial however was laid bare for all to see during construction.
    Other family members including his father are also supposed to be there too.
    The memorial itself contains a very commercial element to it. A bit of a cynical effort on the behalf of Janie Hendrix.
    Anybody who has got any more light to share on this subject would be of great interest to me! I would also be interested in seeing any filmed original funeral footage if it exists. I have seen a couple of photos of his casket in the church along with mourners including Miles Davis.

Wendy A. Guest
    I love Hendrix. It's such a huge loss. I have always wondered what the world would be like if he hadn't died and was still around.

Forever-27 Guest
    Hard to imagine its been 42 years since he died. His final public performance was Sept. 6, 1970 when the second incarnation of the Jimi Hendrix Experience took the stage at the Open Air Love & Peace Festival in Fehmarn, Germany. The Experience had just completed a run of six concerts in six days that included a headlining slot at both the Isle Of Wight on Aug. 30 and Berlin on Sept. 4.

Legend has it that Hendrix’ final appearance on stage was days later when he sat in with Eric Burdon and War for an impromptu jam session at Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Club in Soho. Jimi was found dead on Friday, Sept. 18, 1970.

What still gets me to this day is Janis Joplin died 2 weeks later almost to the day on October 4th. They were both 27 years old

Scrum Drum Guest
    Jimi was murdered. Any other versions of his final days are regressive in my opinion.

rest in peace, Jimi...42 years today. I hope you and Kurt are rocking it in Heaven.....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jimi.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	43612

Wendy A. Guest
    Happy Birthday Jimi! Today he would have been 70!

happy birthday jimi!
    at least Seattle allowed you a proper burial...
    more than they did for Kurt.
    jam on with kurt in heaven, my friend.
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

[SIGPIC] http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 [/SIGPIC]

desertangel Guest
    EH just released Hell & Angels... with more, never-heard-before versions of the same 16 songs. UGH! ;-)

I missed going up to Seattle, AGAIN, this year. I really wanted to go since they recently voted to legalize pot, but the law doesn't go into affect until after his birthday, so maybe next year. It's always a party there anyway, I'm speculating that with the new changes there will be even more partying at Greenwood Cemetary on November 27.

Happy Belated 70th Birthday Mr. Hendrix...

Paul Allen's Experience Music Project museum had a special display commemorating the milestone - (see pictures)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...#slide=1805013

Forever-27 Guest
    Just was listening to Woke up this Morning and found myself Dead. Holy crap I forgot to acknowledge Jimis birthday. My bad for forgetting. I usually don't miss things like this

Meow Guest
    Love Hendrix! He was soooo charismatic---and such a hot looking guy. The look may be dated BUT---- cool is cool and with that in mind check out this great performance of "Hey Joe" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmP8EoQ2XwU

luckyinlove Guest
    i grew up in Renton (live in Seattle now)...i should stop by his grave this week. I've (surprisingly) never been there! Greenwood cemetery is in a kinda cruddy part of town...

desertangel Guest
    Tomorrow is Jimi's 70th birthday. I would imagine there will be a grand turn out at the memorial and a lot of fun things going on in Seattle. I cant make it AGAIN!!! But encourage anyone who can. The few times Ive managed, I always met the coolest people! Wish I lived closer, as always.

if 6 turned out to be 9................RIP Fender Master.......

desertangel Guest
    Happy birthday Jimi... I really miss being at the memorial on this day. In his honor, cranking the Hendrix tunes today, all day!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slot machine birthday cake for 70th birthday.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	49048   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	candle.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	3.6 KB 
ID:	49049  

happy birthday, jimi.....
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

for better or worse I dressed up as jimi for a 71st birthday party. went over well enough.
    Knowlege Comes With Deaths release

Heaven's on the pillow,it's Silence competes with Hell

"If you don't go to other peoples' funerals,they won't come to yours."-Yogi Berra

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BcSDTSPCUAAxXIg.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	49391Click image for larger version. 

Name:	page.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	49392

desertangel Guest
    Experience Hendrix LLC to release remastered Cry of Love and Rainbow Bridge in all formats on 9/16/14.

Im still holding hope for a greatly improved Electric Ladyland. That remaster was fairly lackluster, IMO.

RIP JH.......09-18-70.....................

desertangel Guest
    Although the memory has faded over the years, I remember Jimi's passing being announced on TV news and my father's reaction to it at the dinner table. My dad was such a card. RIP Jimi (and dad.) The day "my" music died, for sure!

All along the watchtower.............saw you in the summer of '70,....................

desertangel Guest
    Today is Jimi's birthday. He would have been 72. Still missing that used-to be annual trip to Renton and stll vowing to return someday. In spirit. Happy birthday, Jimi... we still miss you.

Wow that is so hard to believe he would be that old.

Scrum Drum Guest
    Still on the trail of Jimi's murder. Be patient. Lots will come out.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrum Drum View Post
    Still on the trail of Jimi's murder. Be patient. Lots will come out.
    Keep your eyes on the second girlfriend/groupie over on the grassy knoll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    Keep your eyes on the second girlfriend/groupie over on the grassy knoll.
    Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Scrum Drum Guest
    Not a laughing matter I'm afraid. Only fools with no respect for Jimi troll his murder.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Not a laughing matter I'm afraid. Only fools with no respect for Jimi troll his murder.
    Welcome to FAD Forum, where nearly anything and everything is a laughing matter, even wild-eyed conspiracy theories.

Personally, I think he was kidnapped by space aliens and find any suggestion that he could be murdered by mere mortals constitutes blasphemy.

Scrum Drum Guest
    Sorry, I don't find that at all funny. I'm a person who has been battling for justice for Jimi for several years and have had enough of that kind of talk if it's OK with you. I think it's disrespectful of Jimi.

Rosebud666 Guest
    No it's not OK with me. I'll make fun of conspiracy theories whenever I want and play my Stratocaster while I do it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have decide which Buddy Holly song to do at the gig on Monday. I suppose he was murdered by the CIA too, but that's a whole different thread.

Scrum Drum Guest
    Please don't piss on Jimi's grave. I am one of the world's foremost authorities on Jimi's murder who is pro-actively investigating it. I am responsible for advancing the evidence further than anyone so far. These are not theories.

If you study British author Phil Strongman's book John Lennon: Life, Times, and Assassination you'll find he made a good case that the spate of deaths at the time of Holly's crash was possibly related to covert cultural control documented in his book. Even if Holly's death was an accident it still has nothing to do with Jimi's provable murder.

May Jimi's grave be attended with truthful reverence - not childish ridicule.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Please don't piss on Jimi's grave. I am one of the world's foremost authorities on Jimi's murder who is pro-actively investigating it. I am responsible for advancing the evidence further than anyone so far. These are not theories.

If you study British author Phil Strongman's book John Lennon: Life, Times, and Assassination you'll find he made a good case that the spate of deaths at the time of Holly's crash was possibly related to covert cultural control documented in his book. Even if Holly's death was an accident it still has nothing to do with Jimi's provable murder.

People who make assertions like yours should be prepared to accept the fact that not everyone is going to agree with them, and they definitely should not tell others what they are allowed to think and write.

If you can prove that Jimi was murdered, don't be a tease. I'm sure we would all love to see the evidence.

For the rest, we operate here on the premise that everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. I'm perfectly willing to let you publish your opinion. I wish you would show me the same courtesy in return.

Personally, I am firmly convinced by the preponderance of the evidence that Jerry Garcia was poisoned by MI5. Now if you were to joke that he was harpooned by an errant Japanese whaler, I wouldn't find that disrespectful of his memory at all. Now if you said "the fatman didn't rock", I would have to swallow hard, but I would still have to accept it.
    Last edited by Rosebud666; 02-08-2015 at 12:01 PM.

And here I thought Jimi died from choking on his own vomit due to a strong dose of heroin, stronger then his body could take. Silly me.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

human Guest
    wouldn't surprise if he was murdered -- drug addicts are very easy to kill

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    And here I thought Jimi died from choking on his own vomit due to a strong dose of heroin, stronger then his body could take. Silly me.
    Ah yes, but it wasn't HIS vomit; it was CIA stealth vomit not available to mere civilians.
    If they had done a proper autopsy, you'd be able to see that the vomit went back and to the left, back and to the left, back and to the left.
    Last edited by Rosebud666; 02-08-2015 at 02:14 PM.

human Guest
    i'm not saying i believe he was murdered -- but if it turns out there is proof he was - then i wouldn't be shocked

Scrum Drum Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    Ah yes, but it wasn't HIS vomit; it was CIA stealth vomit not available to mere civilians.
    If they had done a proper autopsy, you'd be able to see that the vomit went back and to the left, back and to the left, back and to the left.

There's a fine line between the right to opinion and pissing on someone's grave. Nuts who have no respect for Jimi shouldn't be allowed to do that.

In fact it wasn't vomit at all. The doctor who tried to save Jimi clarified that it was red wine and not vomit. Dr Bannister specifically emphasized that Jimi did not choke on vomit but was drowned in an unusually large amount of red wine instead.

If you can prove that Jimi was murdered, don't be a tease. I'm sure we would all love to see the evidence.

You might want to check the pages of information I've entered in this thread for the past few years instead of trolling.

Last edited by Scrum Drum; 02-09-2015 at 01:25 PM.

Scrum Drum Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    wouldn't surprise if he was murdered -- drug addicts are very easy to kill

Jimi wasn't a drug addict. He did his fair share of drugs but to coldly refer to him that way is wrong. Especially since that kind of crude reference was used by his killers to suggest a deliberately false cause of death.

Scrum Drum Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post

If you did then you are dangerously ignorant of the real facts surrounding Jimi's death. Dr Donald Teare was a world famous member of the London Coroner's Office who did Jimi's autopsy. He emphasized in the autopsy report that there was no trace of heroin and no trace of any signs of heroin use on the body like tracks.

There's good reason to believe that the forces who murdered Jimi deliberately spread false information like the claims of a heroin overdose that were in the London papers after his death. A common intel practice and part of the COINTELPRO Program's regular methods.

Thanks, your post exhibits a good example of how this kind of ignorance contributed to his murder never being investigated.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Jimi and the Experience didn't actually play on their own records. All those tracks were recorded by those consummate professional musicians The Monkees.

There's a fine line between the right to opinion and pissing on someone's grave. Nuts who have no respect for Jimi shouldn't be allowed to do that.
    Yes people should. It's just an internet forum.

Scrum Drum Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    Yes people should. It's just an internet forum.

Sure, great point you're making that trolling in the face of a serious case of injustice should be done on top of Jimi's grave. Makes sense to me.

Smart people would realize that what's being unfairly denied here is serious discussion of Jimi's murder.

Some people might say they were trying to keep it down at their level at the expense of truth. Silly me.

Last edited by Scrum Drum; 02-09-2015 at 01:34 PM.

Rosebud666 Guest
    So discuss it - lay the evidence out for us. Preferably in one coherent post.

It's just talk though. I understand being a fan and wanting answers. No one is trying to insult you. This is how it is here though. Tons of other forums to choose from.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Wow . . . and I thought the JFK thread was a rough place to hang out.

human Guest
    thing is if your lying -- you are the one pissing on his grave --- what im saying is the evidence better be true, not some vague inference before you go round calling the moral high ground and if it is - why waste time here when you could just call the cops - ughh let me guess the killer is dead or it was the cops
    Last edited by human; 02-09-2015 at 02:02 PM.

Just to help keep this thread on track:

According to the forum rules, it's fine to poke fun at any celebrity written about here, so long as that celebrity isn't a member of the community. After all, the tone of this site is generally irreverent. So it is quite out of place to insist that people approach a famous name with a certain amount of reverence. That's an attempt to make the thread about yourself and your preferences, and that isn't going to fly.

On the other hand, if a member of this community is presenting something that is important to him and that he possibly considers his life's work or what have you, it is equally out of place to publicly belittle him. It's the other side of what I wrote about in the first paragraph.

Whichever side of the discussion you may be on, the advice is the same: we are all here to have fun. No need to try to prove anything to anyone: not that you're smarter; not that you're funnier. Just enjoy the ride and we'll figure it out eventually.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Next up, when we return from this commercial break: was Jimi Hendrix really a cross-dressing woman?

I'm feeling pretty experienced right now.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Love this thread. In fact, any thread that is a kook magnet.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny