Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Victims of BTK Killer, Dennis Rader

punklove Guest

The Victims of BTK Killer, Dennis Rader

Serial killer. Born in March 9, 1945, in Kansas. From the 1970s to the 1990s, the BTK killer??which stands for ??bind, torture, and kill???terrorized the Wichita, Kansas area. In 2005, he was finally caught and revealed to be Dennis Rader, a seemingly average married father of two.
    The oldest of four sons, Rader grew up in Wichita, Kansas. There may have been signs of trouble early on as a Los Angeles Times report stated that he used to hang stray cats as a child. Rader served in the U.S. Air Force from the mid to late 1960s. He married his wife Paula in 1971 and worked for a camping gear company for a few years. He went to work for ADT Security Services in 1974. That same year, Rader committed his first crime. On January 15, he killed four members of the Otero family in their home??Joseph and Julie Otero and two of their children, Josephine and Joseph Jr. They died by strangulation, and Rader took a watch and a radio from the home. Strangulation and taking souvenirs would become part of his modus operandi, or pattern of behavior. He also left semen at the scene and later said that he derived sexual pleasure from killing. Their fifteen-year-old son, Charlie, came home later that day and discovered the bodies.

The BTK killer struck again a few months later. Waiting in their apartment, Rader killed Kathryn Bright by stabbing and strangling and attempted to kill her brother Kevin on April 4. Kevin was shot twice but survived. He gave a description of the suspect: ??an average-sized guy, bushy mustache, ??psychotic?? eyes,? according to a Time magazine article. In October 1974, Rader sought fame and attention for his crimes, placing a letter in a public library book in which he took responsibility for killing the Oteros. The letter ended up with a local newspaper. The poorly written note gave authorities some idea of who they were dealing with. He said that ??It hard to control myself. You probably call me ??psychotic with sexual perversion hang-up.??? Rader described the urge to kill as a monster inside him. But clearly he wanted to control his image. He requested to be called the BTK strangler, saying that BTK stands for ??bind them, torture them, kill them.?

Rader??s next known crimes occurred in 1977. In March, he tied up and strangled Shirley Vian after he locked her children in the bathroom. Rader??s desire for attention led him to report his next crime himself. On December 8, he strangled Nancy Fox in her home and then called the police to tell them about the homicide. Shortly after Fox??s murder, Rader sent a poem to a local newspaper about the Vian killing in January 1978. Several weeks later, he sent a letter to a local television station stating that he was responsible for killing Vian, Fox, and another unknown victim. He also made allusions to several other notorious killers, including Ted Bundy and David Berkowitz, also known as the ??Son of Sam.?

Despite his cat-and-mouse game with authorities, Rader was able to keep the lid on his secret, murderous life. He continued to work at ADT. On the surface, Rader was reportedly an attentive husband and father. He and his wife had their first child, a son, in 1975 and a daughter in 1978. The next year, Rader graduated from Wichita State University with a degree in administration of justice. Still he continued to taunt authorities and appeared to be poised to strike again.In April 1979, Rader waited in an elderly woman??s home, but he left before she came home. He sent her a letter to let her know that the BTK killer had been there. In an effort to catch him, the authorities released the 1977 recording of the phone call to police, hoping that someone might recognize the voice. After several years without a known crime, Rader killed his neighbor Marine Hedge on April 27, 1985. Her body was found days later on the side of the road. The next year, he killed Vicki Wegerle in her home in September. His final known victim was Dolores Davis was taken from her home on January 19, 1991.

It is not known why Rader seemed to stop killing. He had left ADT in the late 1980s and started working as a Park City compliance supervisor in 1991. In his new position, Rader was known to be a stickler for the rules. He measured the height of people??s lawns and chased stray animals while toting a tranquilizer gun. According to reports, Rader took pleasure in exerting his limited authority over his neighbors and other members of the community. He was also a Boy Scout troop leader and an active member of his church. With many news stories marking the thirtieth anniversary of the Otero murders, the BTK killer resurfaced in 2004. Rader sent local media outlets and authorities a number of letters. These were filled with items related to his crimes, including pictures of one of the victims, a word puzzle, and an outline for the ??BTK Story.? During 2004 and 2005, he also left packages with more clues around, including a computer disk. That disk helped lead authorities to Rader??s church. They also noticed his white van on security tapes of some of the package drop-off areas. Authorities were also able to obtain a DNA sample from Rader??s daughter, which helped cement their case against him.

Rader was arrested on February 25, 2005, and later charged with 10 counts of first-degree murder. Some neighbors and members of his church, where he served as president of the church council, were stunned by the news and could not believe that the man they knew was the serial killer that had haunted the area for so long. To the surprise of many, Rader pled guilty to all of the charges on June 27, 2005. As part of his plea, he gave the horrifying details of his crimes in court. Many observers noted that he described the gruesome events without any sign of remorse or emotion. He escaped the death penalty because he committed his crimes before the state??s 1994 reinstatement of the death penalty. Rader is currently serving 10 life sentences in a Kansas prison.
    Last edited by punklove; 12-15-2009 at 09:40 PM. Reason: The victims of Dennis Rader - The BTK Killer

2. 12-15-2009, 07:50 PM

3. 12-15-2009, 07:56 PM

4. 12-15-2009, 07:57 PM

punklove Guest
    Ive never seen someone so.. talkative about their crimes. Not only does he go on and on and on about the murders and how hes done them, but he talks about them with no.. emotion what so ever.

Below are his confessions for the murders, there are hours and hours of him talking about what he did. Its amazing to see him talking about killing people (at points killing parents in front of their children) with NO thought, no different than someone would talk about lunch.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f

A&E Documentary Special - The BTK Killer Speaks Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ7Bw...eature=related

punklove Guest

punklove Guest
    VICTIMS:

— Joseph Otero, 38, found slain in his home along with three family members on Jan. 15, 1974. He had been strangled. Otero served in the Air Force for more than 20 years, retiring as a master sergeant, and was working as a mechanic and flight instructor.

— Julie Otero, 34, wife of Joseph Otero, was struck, gagged and bound before being killed. She had worked at the Coleman Co., a manufacturer of camping equipment — where Dennis Rader the suspect in her killing, also worked in the early 1970s. She had extensive training in judo and had insisted that her children be trained in it as well.

— Josephine Otero, 11, their daughter, was strangled. Police said her partially clothed body was found hanging by the neck from a rope tied to a sewer pipe in the basement.

— Joseph Otero II, 9, their son, was also strangled. He was found tied up with three hoods over his head. Three other children were at school at the time of the killings.

— Kathryn Bright, 21, was found stabbed in her home on April 14, 1974. She was bound with cord, partially dressed and had been stabbed several times and choked. Her brother, Kevin, was shot by the attacker but survived. Bright also worked at the Coleman plant.

— Shirley Vian, 24, found strangled in her home on March 17, 1977. She was partially dressed on her bed with a plastic bag over her head, and cord was wrapped around her neck, hands and feet. Vian had three children who were in the house at the time of the killing but were unharmed. BTK later wrote that a telephone call interrupted his plans to kill them. Vian's 5-year-old son let the killer into the home.

— Nancy Fox, 25, strangled with nylon stockings in her home on Dec. 8, 1977. Her telephone cord was cut and she was partially clothed. Her killer called police from a pay phone, giving her name and address. A neighbor described Fox as a loner who seldom entertained friends. She was a secretary at a construction company and worked part-time at a jewelry store.

— Marine Hedge, 53, found along a dirt road eight days after she was abducted from her Park City home on April 27, 1985, when she had spent the evening eating dinner and playing bingo with her boyfriend. She had been strangled, and a knotted pair of pantyhose was found nearby. She lived on the same street as Rader.

— Vicki Wegerle, 28, whose husband found her strangled in her bed on Sept. 16, 1986. Her 2-year-old son was home but was not harmed.

— Dolores Davis, 62, abducted from her home near Park City on Jan. 19, 1991, and found 13 days later under a bridge. She had been strangled, and her hands, feet and knees were bound with pantyhose.

Northern Lights Guest
    I have read a lot about this case and watched some documentaries. And you are right punklove, this man has no emotions. When I watched him talking, all I could think was that this man is one of the most evil persons in the world. No facial expressions and monotonic voice when he is talking about the murders.

I thought he had died.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

punklove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post
    I have read a lot about this case and watched some documentaries. And you are right punklove, this man has no emotions. When I watched him talking, all I could think was that this man is one of the most evil persons in the world. No facial expressions and monotonic voice when he is talking about the murders.
    He is so strange, Its odd watching someone just speak so.. matter of fact about the murder of these people. There are crime scene photos of the little girl he killed (Josephine Otero) and they are just so pitiful. I dont understand how someone could do such a thing, the very idea that he did them AND doesnt care.

punklove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I thought he had died.
    I wish. Did I put this in the wrong place?

Northern Lights Guest
    This site has a lot of info about this case. If I remember correctly, one or two of the links didn't work, others should be okay.
    http://www.kansas.com/news/special_packages/btk/#

punklove Guest
    This site has a lot of info about this case. If I remember correctly, one or two of the links didn't work, others should be okay.
    http://www.kansas.com/news/special_packages/btk/#

Thanks! The photos of the victims just break my heart.

I cant even start to think of the horror of what it must have felt like to see someone in your home when they werent meant to be, add that to him often working in a position that you would allow him into your home with no questions.. I just cant even fathom it.

The victim impact statments are painful, Vicki Wegerle's children and husband were so intense.

Kathryn Bright's brother was very pitiful too.

Northern Lights Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by punklove View Post
    Thanks! The photos of the victims just break my heart.

I cant even start to think of the horror of what it must have felt like to see someone in your home when they werent meant to be, add that to him often working in a position that you would allow him into your home with no questions.. I just cant even fathom it.

The victim impact statments are painful, Vicki Wegerle's children and husband were so intense.

Kathryn Bright's brother was very pitiful too.
    You're welcome! I have seen some crime scene pics too. Usually I can look at the crime scene pics and they don't disturb me. But I have to confess that those pics made me little sad.

I thought he had terminal cancer? If he's not already dead, or even dying, then he's taking his sweet old time DOING so.

insanejeff Guest
    I thought he had died.
    I was hoping the same.
    (Wichitan here)

punklove: you're in the right place for his victims, but the subject kinda implies that you mean him
    Last edited by insanejeff; 12-15-2009 at 09:34 PM.

punklove Guest
    You're welcome! I have seen some crime scene pics too. Usually I can look at the crime scene pics and they don't disturb me. But I have to confess that those pics made me little sad.

Im so weird with stuff like that, Most crime scene stuff doesnt worry me in the least, but I cant watch an animal being hurt.. Its strange the things that you can watch with no worry vs the things that make you just ill!

Her photo bugged me because it showed her little hands bound together and knowing that semen was found 'on or near' her body. Its just so.. awful. He apparently really enjoyed his confession, it was over 16 hours and filled over 20 dvds and he smiled and licked his lips when seeing the crime scene photos or when he was talking about the more.. horrible acts he did.

What an evil man.

punklove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by insanejeff View Post
    I was hoping the same.
    (Wichitan here)

punklove: you're in the right place for his victims, but the subject kinda implies that you mean him

I tried to change it, It looks changed on my first post but I emailed a mod to have them change it in the listing as well.

Im blonde!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Booo I thought he was dead too!

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Maybe it's a slow moving cancer. We can only hope.

punklove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Im sooooorrry!

Ive emailed to get it changed to the The victims of Dennis Rader - The BTK Killer so its not a let down to read it.

tarsier Guest
    I always wondered about his daughter why she agreed to the dna that would nail her father? She did the right thing, of course, but why?

Quote Originally Posted by tarsier View Post
    I always wondered about his daughter why she agreed to the dna that would nail her father? She did the right thing, of course, but why?
    Maybe like the Unabomber whose brother recognized his way of
    writing from the newspaper and told the FBI.
    He just knew it was the right thing to do so nobody else will
    get hurt or die.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

You say there are crime scene photos? Link please, I couldn't find them!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Northern Lights Guest
    There is one little problem. It is possible that there is some kind of virus or malware problem on that site. I didn't have problems, but I only opened that one page. So I'm not sure if it is safe to post that link to crime scene pics.

Safe link to BTK crime scene photos and other pics at Serial Killer Central:

http://gallery.skcentral.com/thumbna...album=4&page=1
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Lisamarie Guest
    the pics he took of himself are so effin scary to think this dude was like out in the woods doing this shit my God ! Can you imagine goin for a walk and rollin up on that? What an asshole ! An he was some leader in his church. amazing.

punklove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    Safe link to BTK crime scene photos and other pics at Serial Killer Central:

http://gallery.skcentral.com/thumbna...album=4&page=1

Nice, thank you.

punklove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    the pics he took of himself are so effin scary to think this dude was like out in the woods doing this shit my God ! Can you imagine goin for a walk and rollin up on that? What an asshole ! An he was some leader in his church. amazing.

Seriously!! He is SOOO creepy. Let me tell you though.. I would take him down, I grew up with 6 boys and I would beat the crap out of that old dorky twit.

I dont know if Im just morbid or what, but nobody would EVER tie me up or something like that.

Eeeekkkk. There are crime scene photos on that site that Ive never seen and they are CREEPY. I just had the most silly thought.. Im sure most of the girls (who knows, maybe the boys too) know how horrible pantyhose are to wear, sooooo uncomfy.. but to have them on then have someone choke you to death with them? Bad times.

ginasaurusrex Guest
    What always gets me is how seemingly 'normal' he appeared to be to everyone around him. What a mundane life he had when he wasn't butchering innocent people. How scary to think of him sitting there at Boy Scout meetings, now knowing he'd already murdered one little boy and had the intention of murdering others? (Thank goodness that phone call scared him away).
    Watching the tapes of his confession is like watching a boring, dull reporter give me the weather forcast. Emotionless and heartless. He totally creeps me out. I remember he used to talk about a 'force' that was inside him and he was sure it was the same 'force' that afflicted Bundy, Dahmer, etc. When I look at BTK, I feel like I'm looking at pure evil.

punklove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ginasaurusrex View Post
    What always gets me is how seemingly 'normal' he appeared to be to everyone around him. What a mundane life he had when he wasn't butchering innocent people. How scary to think of him sitting there at Boy Scout meetings, now knowing he'd already murdered one little boy and had the intention of murdering others? (Thank goodness that phone call scared him away).
    Watching the tapes of his confession is like watching a boring, dull reporter give me the weather forcast. Emotionless and heartless. He totally creeps me out. I remember he used to talk about a 'force' that was inside him and he was sure it was the same 'force' that afflicted Bundy, Dahmer, etc. When I look at BTK, I feel like I'm looking at pure evil.
    One of the things thats so.. bothersome about watching the confessions is how you can tell hes doing things to retraumatize the victims that lived.. Like how he calls the living boy 'Junior' and talks about Junior opened the door to let the dog out and thats how he got in.. Or when he talks about the other boy that he followed home when he was getting soup for his mother he says that he was walking around trying to find a house and had given up then he saw the boy and followed him.

He really gets off on the idea of making them live through that torment repeatedly and I cant even begin to think of how awful it was to see him licking his lips while looking at the crime scene stuff or describing it.

And seriously, those photos are just.. creepy.

Nicki Guest
    One of the things thats so.. bothersome about watching the confessions is how you can tell hes doing things to retraumatize the victims that lived.. Like how he calls the living boy 'Junior' and talks about Junior opened the door to let the dog out and thats how he got in.. Or when he talks about the other boy that he followed home when he was getting soup for his mother he says that he was walking around trying to find a house and had given up then he saw the boy and followed him.

He really gets off on the idea of making them live through that torment repeatedly and I cant even begin to think of how awful it was to see him licking his lips while looking at the crime scene stuff or describing it.

And seriously, those photos are just.. creepy.
    "Pure Evil". Really ones worst nightmare. His own children finding out this was their dad....what a nightmare! Honestly, I would be changing my last name and moving to another city to relocate.

I found this on the web. It is a profile of Dennis Radars Marriage. Does anyone know if his children ever went to see him after his arrest?
    http://marriage.about.com/od/infamous/p/dennisrader.htm
    Last edited by Nicki; 12-19-2009 at 12:06 PM.

punklove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    "Pure Evil". Really ones worst nightmare. His own children finding out this was their dad....what a nightmare! Honestly, I would be changing my last name and moving to another city to relocate.

I found this on the web. It is a profile of Dennis Radars Marriage. Does anyone know if his children ever went to see him after his arrest?
    http://marriage.about.com/od/infamous/p/dennisrader.htm

No, the children and wife havent had any contact with him since he was arrested.

The police said that the wife knew what was going on (Dennis even said at one point that he accidently left something out that he was writing about the btk thing and she read it and it freaked her out) and I think that woman should be ashamed.. I will never understand when women (or men) live with someone that does things like this and never DO something. You know they have to see it.

As I understand it, she didn't agree. They got a court order to test her pap smear samples, and found that it matched.

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintgiver View Post
    As I understand it, she didn't agree. They got a court order to test her pap smear samples, and found that it matched.

That does it! From now on I'm taking my pap smears home with me.

I think the little darling suspected something was wrong with Pop.

punklove Guest

Taken in his parents' basement, he is bound at the legs and hands while wearing clothing stolen from victims

All bound up in plastic in a freshly dug grave

punklove Guest
    What a creepy dude!!

punklove Guest
    WICHITA, Kansas (CNN) -- BTK murderer Dennis Rader took the body of one of his victims to church, a sheriff investigator said Wednesday.

Sgt. Tom Lee testified Rader told him that after strangling his 53-year-old neighbor, Marine Hedge, in her home on April 27, 1985, he took her body to his church where he took photographs of her in bondage positions.
    Rader dumped the body in a remote ditch. Lee said Rader told investigators he took the body to the church to "have his way with her" -- to fulfill his sexual fantasies.

Rader had left black plastic sheets and other material at the church in anticipation of the killing. "He advised to me that she was going to the church alive or dead -- either way," Lee said. Rader seemed particularly proud of the killing because Hedge lived just a few houses from him.
    He had dubbed his plan "Project Cookie." "He stated to me that if he could really pull it off, right by his house, it would really be a biggie," Lee said.
    "He told me it was really bad for a guy to knock one of the neighbors off -- it's not good for a serial killer because you don't want to kill in your own habitat."

At the time of his arrest last February 25, Rader, a father of two grown children, was the president of his Lutheran church. Investigators said Rader told them he would use a squeeze ball as exercise to build up his hand strength in preparation for stranglings, that he typically masturbated after killings, and that he took underwear from female victims and wore them.

He also had "after-life" plans for his female victims, including one who was to be his mistress and another who would act as his bondage servant.
    Some of the victims would regain consciousness after being choked and Rader would whisper in their ears that he was "BTK."

"That was his form of torture," said Tim Relph, a Wichita police detective. "He certainly wanted them to know that you were being killed by BTK."
    Wichita Police detective Dana Gouge said even after detailing the killings to investigators, Rader told them he could be mean at times, but, "On the other hand, I'm a nice guy, I'm a nice guy." Gouge said Rader told him that the 1977 killing of Shirley Vian, who was sick at home with her three children, did not go as planned.

He had hoped to kill the children, but he had to leave the scene before that happened. Gouge said that when Rader recounted that the children survived, the killer angrily shouted, "Christ!" Wichita Police detective Clint Snyder said Rader expressed disappointment that he reverted to stabbing Kathryn Bright -- instead of strangling her -- in April 1974, just months after his first killings. "She fought like a hellcat," Snyder quoted Rader as saying. "There was no way I was ever going to do what I wanted to do, and I had to put her down."

Rader, he said, added that stabbing or shooting somebody was not his "forte." Rader rushed that killing because Bright's brother, Kevin, was also home. Rader had tied the brother up in a bedroom and tried to strangle him, but Kevin Bright fought off his attacker, Snyder said. Rader said he shot the brother twice, including one shot in which he did "one of those John Wayne things," Snyder said. Rader thought the brother was dead and went to finish off his sister, but Kevin Bright ran from the home.

Rader stabbed Kathryn Bright 11 times, Snyder said. Rader appeared proud as he recounted the killing: "He commented to me at one point, 'I'm sorry, I know this is a human being, but I'm a monster,'" Snyder said. Kevin Bright recovered from his wounds. Rader's killing spree began on January 15, 1974, when he entered the home of Joseph and Julie Otero -- a home he selected because he had targeted their 11-year-old daughter, Josephine, for sex and a killing, Kansas Bureau of Investigation agents testified.

Rader first killed the girl's parents in their bedroom as she and her 9-year-old brother, Joseph Jr., watched. He then dragged the boy to his room, wrapped two T-shirts around his head and covered it with a plastic bag; Rader pulled up a chair and watched as the boy struggled on his bed and rolled onto the floor, where he died, said Larry Thomas, a KBI special agent. Thomas said Rader told authorities he then prepared for his "encore" -- killing Josephine. Rader escorted the girl to the basement of the family home, removing her clothing along the way and rubbing her. He had already prepared a noose around a basement sewer pipe.
    "As he walked her over toward that position, he first asked for a camera because he wanted to take a picture. She responded that she did not have a camera. She then asked, 'What's going to happen to me?'
    "And he told her that she would soon be in heaven with the others."
    A gag was placed in her mouth and he hoisted her with the noose. As she writhed, Rader masturbated, Thomas said. "He said it was a sexual release for him."

KBI special agent Ray Lundin said Rader had picked the Otero family because he was attracted to "Hispanic-looking people."
    "I guess Hispanic people just turn me on," Lundin said Rader told authorities. Rader said he was particularly fascinated by the 11-year-old. "Josephine would really be his primary target because he was attracted to 'younger women,' I think is what he called it," Lundin said. "I don't know how you call an 11-year-old a woman, but he said 'younger women.'"

punklove Guest
    Last edited by punklove; 12-21-2009 at 10:29 PM.

ginasaurusrex Guest
    [quote=punklove;979221]He had hoped to kill the children, but he had to leave the scene before that happened. Gouge said that when Rader recounted that the children survived, the killer angrily shouted, "Christ!" Wichita Police detective Clint Snyder said Rader expressed disappointment that he reverted to stabbing Kathryn Bright -- instead of strangling her -- in April 1974, just months after his first killings. "She fought like a hellcat," Snyder quoted Rader as saying. "There was no way I was ever going to do what I wanted to do, and I had to put her down."
    quote]

Put her down? She wasn't an animal. And Punklove, I agree with what you said about how when he spoke, it was as if he was trying to make the surviving victims re-live what had happened to them. And he tells it in such a way that it makes you believe if THEY'D acted differently, maybe he wouldn't have been able to kill the intended. Monster doesn't even begin to decribe him, but I'm tired, it's early and that's all I can muster.

choochie Guest
    He never got the death penalty did he? Instead we have to babysit him in prison for the rest of his miserable life. No wonder the country is bankrupt.

silverwaif77 Guest
    I hope he does have cancer. I hope it is painful, slow moving and inoperable.

punklove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by silverwaif77 View Post
    I hope he does have cancer. I hope it is painful, slow moving and inoperable.
    "News about Dennis Rader since his assignment to the maximum security El Dorado Correctional Facility has been scant. He appears to have settled into the routine of the prison, but is likely kept well away from the general population for his own safety. His family, relatives and ex-wife have all intentionally stayed away from any media exposure and have never granted interviews."

I wonder why they arent letting out any sort of info about him?

February 26, 2005

August 19, 2005

He does look a bit.. sick. Who knows.
    Last edited by punklove; 12-26-2009 at 12:21 AM.

dirk diggler Guest
    Cancer would be to good for this mutt and is he in the general population in jail if not he should be...

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Seriously!! He is SOOO creepy. Let me tell you though.. I would take him down, I grew up with 6 boys and I would beat the crap out of that old dorky twit.

I dont know if Im just morbid or what, but nobody would EVER tie me up or something like that.

Eeeekkkk. There are crime scene photos on that site that Ive never seen and they are CREEPY. I just had the most silly thought.. Im sure most of the girls (who knows, maybe the boys too) know how horrible pantyhose are to wear, sooooo uncomfy.. but to have them on then have someone choke you to death with them? Bad times.
    Same here, they'd have to kill me before they tied me up...no way I'm gonna be someone's torture porn pinup.

punklove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    Same here, they'd have to kill me before they tied me up...no way I'm gonna be someone's torture porn pinup.
    Yeah, If Im going to die Im going to die after a huge fight.

I wonder why there are so few updates on him? I do know hes not in general population but thats about it.

Nelliebean Guest
    I wonder why there are so few updates on him? I do know hes not in general population but thats about it.
    He's a pretty boring prisoner.

punklove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebean View Post
    He's a pretty boring prisoner.

When I think about him it just really.. Pisses me off. Its so unfair this maggot gets the luxury of being boring.

lisalouver Guest
    Those pictures are something else.

I remember Saint Patricks Day of 2004 (or just after or before) I sat reading the Sunday Paper on my couch and there was the story of the BTK killer sending stuff to the local newspaper taking responsibility for the last death (vickie I think it was) by sending in a copy of her drivers liscence and some pics. The police had never connected her death to BTK.

I thought reading it that it was one of the scariest things I had ever read because it meant he was still out there. Accoring to something I later read, Radar had already staked out his next victim and she was slated for the kill for October of 2004.

I also read how he hid in closets until some got home. One lady was lucky enough that she didnt come home and he got tired of waiting and left I do believe.

Just about the creepiest guy ever.

intothelight Guest
    I remember when this weirdo resurfaced. I was a junior in high school and living Wichita, KS at the time. I had a lot of teachers/neighbors talk about how scary it was in the 70s. I had a neighbor who went to Wichita State around the time Rader attended. I also had a friend in high school who lived in Park City where Rader lived/worked and he saw him a few times.

Anyway I wanted to post to say I was coming home from class yesterday and this creepy dude was walking on my street. He looked like Dennis Rader. I know the man is in prison but still the guy was acting strange. Also the prison he is in El Dorado Correctional Facility is near El Dorado Lake which always creeps me out when I go there. And the guy that killed Dr. George Tiller is in EDCF as well.
    Last edited by intothelight; 10-13-2011 at 01:37 PM.

I thought he had died.
    We can only hope.

intothelight Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    We can only hope.
    Unfortunately the worthless waste of space is still living.

Bbeelzebub Guest
    I'm not related to this freak, but......

My aunt is married into the Rader family. Her husband and he are closely related. When he was caught, it blew their minds. Nobody had any clue what he had been doing. This is as close to a serial killer that I ever hope to be.

Its funny, my family knows I have "odd" interests compared to theirs. I was talking about Manson one day and she lowers her voice and asks, "Have you heard of the BTK Killer? He is ____________'s ___________." I instantly had to go refresh my knowledge of what little I know so I could find out some inside info. Sadly, she wasn't sharing much. She didn't even tell us until recently. I think in part because none of us know her husband very well and if you find out he has that kind of connection, it would be easy to make some preconceived notions. LOL

My aunt has a good sense of humor about it. She told me, "Luckily, I married the right one." Oddly, she's on her third marriage and her Mr. Right (the one that finally sticks) just happens to have a serial killer in the family.

One thing that has always given me the creeps about this is how involved he was with his church. The entire family is a very church involved group. The number of women he may have had his eye on is mind boggling. I doubt most people involved with their church don't ever think, "I wonder if this guy is some kinky freak who kills women?"
    Last edited by Bbeelzebub; 06-07-2012 at 04:39 AM.