Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Artie Lange

Belle Guest

Artie Lange

I'm reading Artie's new book, "Too Fat to Fish". You might know him from the Howard Stern show, MadTv, or several motion pictures. He is overweight (38% body fat?) and has a history of drug and alcohol abuse.

I googled him up and found this website dedicted to
    Monitoring the Imminent Demise of Arthur Lange
    http://artielangedeathwatch.com/

I so hope his mother doesn't have the internet.
    Last edited by Belle; 01-24-2009 at 06:42 PM.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    OH MY GOD I love Artie...He is such a funny guy and I want to read his book...Wish I had TIME to read...LOL...He is REALLY heavy into the heroine and I don't see him ever kickin the habit...They poke fun of him on a daily basis and it's kinda sad...He is gonna end up just like Belushi...I think that's what he really wants...

I thought he died when I saw the name on the home page

Belle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SelenaFan View Post
    I thought he died when I saw the name on the home page
    He's not dead. Some idiot put the thread in the wrong forum (me).

djdeath-hag Guest
    He is still alive, according to IMDB, Wiki & NNDB. I moved him back here....and added a vowel. Belle had the funds to buy one!

kimba Guest
    He's not dead?

well, give it a couple of months then...

Belle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank 'N' Howie View Post
    OH MY GOD I love Artie...He is such a funny guy and I want to read his book..
    I have never heard of the guy. I learned about him when I read a book review. Too Fat To Fish wasn't funny IMO. It is entertainingly biographical, but definitely not a ha ha ha funny book. He does not minimize nor sugar coat his drug problems and the situations caused by them.

Belle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    He is still alive, according to IMDB, Wiki & NNDB. I moved him back here....and added a vowel. Belle had the funds to buy one!
    Dude, I can't spell a celebrity name right even with their book in my hand. I started a thread about a very much alive guy in the dead celebrities section and scared his fans.

You need me active around here; you know it!

But from what Artie wrote, he isn't long for this world...........
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25525634-25525637-slarge.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	12140

added pic
    Last edited by Belle; 01-24-2009 at 07:46 PM.

kimba Guest
    O loved him on Mad tv in the early days
    so talented..and so sad

Belle Guest
    From Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artie_Lange

During a Stern Show weight loss competition, Lange was the only contestant to actually gain weight
    . He has also been asked to appear on Celebrity Fit Club or each of the show's four seasons, but has declined every time, due to his commitment to "The Stern Show."

In May 2004, Las Vegas station KLAS-TV reported him dead. The story turned out to be a prank executed by Stern Show regular caller Captain Janks.

The website www.artielangedeathwatch.com was started to predict when Lange would die if he continues this lifestyle. Before discontinuing updates, the site projected that he would die at age 53. The site resulted in Artie getting turned down for special life insurance when the company came across it

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kimba View Post
    He's not dead?

well, give it a couple of months then...
    Just call it pre planning

vandal Guest
    He seems to always use his "commitment" to the Stern Show as an excuse for getting clean. I guess thats pretty common among users who havent hit bottom yet. I know that Howard Stern as told Artie to take time and clean himself up, but I dont think that will ever happen.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Yeah...Like on their Holiday break he told everybody he was goin to rehab...He went to a BLINKIN spa down in Florida...He got wheat grass enemas and basically chilled out for a few days...REALLY helpful...He falls asleep on the show constantly...You can tell when he is using cause he is full of energy and VERY funny and quick witted...When he is comin down off a high he sleeps...They just make fun of him...I do however feel that Howard is TRUELY concerned for Artie...He has a special affection for the poor guy...I think it will be a BIG blow to Howard if something happens to him...It's so strange to feel sorry for someone...He really has no control at this point...What I don't understand is when someone is addicted to Heroine...Don't they LOSE weight instead of gaining it? I always think of Laraine Newman off the original SNL...She was a walkin skeleton...She was a BIG time heroine addict...

On heroine Not on heroine...

I love Artie Lange. I hate listening to the old Stern shows from before he was on. I wish he would get his life and his shit together and I totally agree that he just wants to go out like Belushi. I think it's pretty obvious he has a lot of issues, but he still delivers the funny, which I think makes some people think it's not all that bad.

lane4 Guest
    He said on a recent raidio interview (w/some Florida station iirc) that he knows about the death prediction website. I think he agrees that there should be one!

There was an interesting interview when Dr Drew was on recently.

This months "Rolling Stone" story certainly paints him as out of control. He recently slammed the journalist who did the interview too.

He snorts herion, is that safer than injecting?

Quote Originally Posted by lane4 View Post
    He said on a recent raidio interview (w/some Florida station iirc) that he knows about the death prediction website. I think he agrees that there should be one!

There was an interesting interview when Dr Drew was on recently.

This months "Rolling Stone" story certainly paints him as out of control. He recently slammed the journalist who did the interview too.

I don't really think there's a safer option with heroin. I read that at some point, every addict will start to inject it and once that starts, it's the beginning of the end for some of 'em.

Anyhow, I actually thought he was dead when I saw this thread too. I almost feel sorry for him, but he does have more opportunities and options than a lot of people do. He seems to be pissing away a whole lot.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    h-e-r-o-i-n

i listen to stern most days and love artie. hope he doesn't die.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkDoll View Post
    h-e-r-o-i-n

i listen to stern most days and love artie. hope he doesn't die.
    I figured I spelled it wrong...Everytime I typed it out I was thinkin to myself...That looks WAY too much like a lady super hero...I was tired when I wrote that last night...Thanks for pointin that out!!! I am such a dunderhead sometimes...

NewYorkDoll Guest
    it's one of those words..lol. i question myself every time i type it.

cachluv Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post
    ...You need me active around here; you know it!
    ---Yes, we do

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Belle is rockin some GREAT threads...Keep em comin girl!!!

lane4 Guest
    Well I wrote my post at 3:35am est. I try my best to not misspell a word.

Belle Guest

In his book he claims he doesn't inject ANYTHING and writes that if he did, he'd be dead long before now.

Artie discusses many episodes in his book detailing his history of being a raging asshole and physically violent when he is high. He oftenis guilty of mistreating even those he loves most. He sobers up and apologizes profusely after the fact. But repeats the behavior when he is high.

Link to Rolling stone article "The Story Behind the Story"
    http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdail...ind-the-story/

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    I was listening to the show the other day and the photographer that did the photo shoot for Rolling Stone said that Artie was not at all uncomfortable with the fact that he looks like a bloated whale...He said that Artie would dissapear into the bathroom for a LONG time and come out looking like he was on death's door...He also said that he has done alot of photo shoots and seen a lot of addicts but Artie was by far the worst he has ever seen...He really expressed concern over his condition...I cannot imagine being a slave to a drug like that...I smoke but geez, anything more hard core than a Camel light and I am NO GOOD FOR NOTHIN!!! I feel so much empathy for the man...I really feel like he has so much more to offer the world and it's a shame that he cannot control this...

Belle Guest

Belle's Proper English/Typo Rant

Yes, I'm quoting my own old posts again.

Well I wrote my post at 3:35am est. I try my best to not misspell a word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belle
    I have formal training and professional writing experience. I know English and grammatical rules most members probably haven't heard of. However, I've got some personal issues (SURPRISE) that cause me to mis-read things even if I do proof them. A mod can tell you I edit my posts constantly for grammar and typos after the fact.

I am here for FUN not to be judged on my grammar. I could not participate or enjoy myself as much if I worried about every typo. It is not a reflection of my intelligence or knowledge or the quality or idiocy of my thoughts. If you judge my ideas and heart based on how well I can type on a forum or chat; I really don't care about your shallow petty opinion of me.

I want to hear the thoughts of the poorest typists who wish to participate even if they never learned the proper use of a period more less a semicolon to separate independent conjunctive clauses. Any fool could buy software to analyze and correct their grammar and punctuation before posting here. That does not make the thoughts and ideas superior or any more correct than a logical original thought misspelled and improperly punctuated.

I have my personal peeves, too. But if your peeve is "your" vs "you're" and you honestly feel you must correct others writing for recreation in a malicious way, I think that is poor forum etiquette.

I encourage anyone to post their thoughts and not be discouraged and silenced or censored by their English or typing skills. People have problems like Parkinson's, inebriation, English as a second language, hand amputation...... THEY ARE WELCOME HERE. The ideas and intent are to be judged. If you are a nasty Ahole with perfect English I say OUT WITH YOU.

lane4 Guest
    I don't know a whole lot about hardcore drugs - is Heroin more difficult to kick than, say cocaine? I'm sure it's tough to kick any of them but it seems as if Heroin really takes ahold of people.

When I get Vidodin for my herniated disc pain, I LOVE it, if I had bank I can see myself getting addicted to opiates.

Belle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    He is still alive, according to IMDB, Wiki & NNDB. I moved him back here..
    16 hours and a few cups of sobering coffee later I realized the implication that could be drawn from that statement.

YOU WOULD BELIEVE SEVERAL CONSTANTLY UPDATED MOSTLY REPUTABLE SOURCES ON THE INTERNET OVER MY ADDLED NEW THREAD PLACEMENT CLASSIFICATION?

Well *I* never!

I don't know a whole lot about hardcore drugs - is Heroin more difficult to kick than, say cocaine? I'm sure it's tough to kick any of them but it seems as if Heroin really takes ahold of people.

When I get Vidodin for my herniated disc pain, I LOVE it, if I had bank I can see myself getting addicted to opiates.
    I am exactly the same way. I have never done heroin, and I've watched plenty of horrible movies about the effects of it, but I know I would love it. LOVE IT!! I had surgery less than a week ago and have Percocet and I could feel like this forever. That's why I will never do heroin. I don't have the money ,for one thing, and I don't want to ruin my life. But I definitely understand it. I think heroin is definitely the hardest to kick, and I think the reality of anyone actually getting clean is pretty bleak. That's not to say there aren't people who get off, but I think it's rare long term.

16 hours and a few cups of sobering coffee later I realized the implication that could be drawn from that statement.

YOU WOULD BELIEVE SEVERAL CONSTANTLY UPDATED MOSTLY REPUTABLE SOURCES ON THE INTERNET OVER MY ADDLED NEW THREAD PLACEMENT CLASSIFICATION?

Well *I* never!
    Of course not, Belle. What you say is the gospel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I heard him interview on NPR once. He has made a pretty good living as a professional jerk.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Belle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    I heard him interview on NPR once. He has made a pretty good living as a professional jerk.
    Interviews are online to listen at
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=6074606
    and another more recent at
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=96849879

He is very honest about his high earnings in the book. Too bad he has a gambling problem AND a drug problem. He's admitted that more than one time he called and made the same losing bet twice on the same game with the same bookie without even knowing it.

Belle Guest

Exclamation You SO do NOT want to start with ME

Quote Originally Posted by ad nauseam View Post
    Of course not, Belle. What you say is the gospel.
    Are you making fun of me making fun of myself for being a dumbass? Cuz I heard that kind of behavior (letting someone deserving have it) isn't always tolerated around town anymore.

lane4 Guest
    Yeah - that NPR interview was good.

Here is one w/Adam Corolla - it is interesting as he somehow insulted his cohost Teressa during an earlier interview (which I didn't hear). Then during this interview he pretends to not know who she is.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkodxN2x8Mk

He says "Listen..." "Ah, uh" "Look..." a lot during his interviews. His pig story is a classic though.

Belle Guest
    His pig story is a classic though.
    He covers it in great detail in the book, too

Belle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Can you imagine the risk Norm MacDonald and Bob Saget took hiring Artie for the movie Dirty Work? How would you like your investment tied to the reliability and health of Artie Lange? They volunteered for that set up eyes open when the hired him knowing his history.
    Last edited by Belle; 01-25-2009 at 06:58 PM.

lane4 Guest
    Can you imagine the risk Norm MacDonald and Bob Saget tok hiring Artie for the movie Dirty Work? How would you like your investment tied to the reliability and health of Artie Lange? They volunteered for that set up eyes open when the hired him knowing his history.
    Yeah - then he doesn't show for the Saget roast because he was on a bender.

He said he was up for a small part in "The Wrestler". The promoter, I think.

Yeah, the director of The Wrestler was on Howard and said that Artie was up for it but he wanted to go with someone who was not as recognizable as Artie.

Artie Lange Hospitalized

39. 01-02-2010, 07:29 PM

Forever-27 Guest
    I used to listen to him on Howard Stern every morning. He wasnt funny in the least bit but he was on with Howard , until I quit listening to the Stern show at least. Howards show got predictable. the Stern show started using Stale and played out materal so I quit listening. Plus alot of the bits were New York City oriented, so unless you know or live in New York City , you dont get alot of the bits. . Ive never been to New York. The show started going downhill after Howard fired Studdering John. Ive gone back to normal radio.

As I remember Artie was always a very heavy man last time I saw him.

KarmaKat Guest
    He always had that Belushi, Farrelly vibe going on for me.
    Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
    Loved him on Mad TV

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Any death after this point would be a great dead pool pick
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Damnit Artie, NOT THIS YEAR!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

Quote Originally Posted by KarmaKat View Post
    He always had that Belushi, Farrelly vibe going on for me.
    Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
    Loved him on Mad TV
    This guy resembles him as well..........

Bobby Moynihan - He's been on SNL for 2 seasons already...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

Bobby Moynahan does have that Artie vibe for sure.

I think I posted in the Dead Pool thread before the end of the year that Artie would be a good pic. He has had lots of drug problems the last few years and has missed quite a bit of time from work, including their last week live on the air this year. There has been speculation that he was fired and this could have been a suicide attempt. The guy has lots of problems and never seems to get much better when he does attempt to get help.

Ahh yes, here it is, post 46 in the dead pool, on Dec. 15th:

I really want to add Artie Lange but I can't figure out who to remove. Based on what is happening with him on the Howard Stern show right now I don't know how much longer he is going to make it.
    Maybe I should have listened to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDeath View Post
    This guy resembles him as well..........

Bobby Moynihan - He's been on SNL for 2 seasons already...
    SNL must have a place where they farm these similar actors. Like a Christmas tree lot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

crimson and clover Guest
    No kidding. Where do they find the heavy, drug addicted, sloppy comedians?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccsaqJRCzvE

Funny as hell video from one of Arties websites.
    Emergency Howard Stern Staff meeting.
    LMAO
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

Quote Originally Posted by Luanne View Post
    SNL must have a place where they farm these similar actors. Like a Christmas tree lot.
    LOL, I don't mind him...but he could pass as a John Belushi/Chris Farley love child...same with Artie Lange...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...

Quote Originally Posted by crimson and clover View Post
    No kidding. Where do they find the heavy, drug addicted, sloppy comedians?
    I think he knew people in the business...

And I don't think Bobby's addicted to drugs either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing you forever...