Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: James Bulger (No, Not Whitey!)

KarmaKat Guest
    How could these 2 monsters be given new identities? I do understand the benefits for them but what about the people they are now living near or with? When did all the rights suddenly chage from the innocent public to the criminals.
    We just had a child murderer (killed an adult 11 - 12 at the time) release here in New Zealand. He was not given a new identity.
    Sean Walsh does look like Thompson. Anyone knoww how this worked out?

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    I don't care how young they were, they displayed a blatant disregard for life and the pain of a younger, helpless child. They don't deserve shit.
    I totally agree with you! These pieces of crap killed a innocent boy and now they got a new life, new names and alive and well. Yet the parents of James are ALWAYS without their little son....those evil sods should have been locked up for life or even better killed.

Sorry but killers who take a life......so get life or die. Simple as. They can't get a wonderful new life because they are 18 and it's their human rights....what a load of crap.....what about little James! Those evil boys didnt care about his rights or his life when they TOTURED and killed him!

The bloody courts make me sick. Give them human rights after all this time....oh come on, get a grip! These evil boys will be killers for life in my eyes and nothing will change it.

Sorry but this story was upsetting when it happened and still upsets me now.

Totally sickening.

There was a huge stink when it was broadcast that maybe when they were to be released with new identities that they may be sent to Australia where they could be more anonymous.

You never know.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Totally sickening.

There was a huge stink when it was broadcast that maybe when they were to be released with new identities that they may be sent to Australia where they could be more anonymous.

You never know.
    I hope these evil sods can live with the murder hanging over them! I guess now they are free, they dont give a toss what they did. People will NEVER forget what they did and they will never forget little James.

Athena02116 Guest
    I've written three or four responses and erased them all - I'm all over the board with emotions on this story and remember it well when it first hit the international news sites.

The good people of Britain need to publicly NAME & SHAME these two and show the same mercy they showed little James. How you can allow your gov't to use your taxes to support such wastes of earthly air/space? Change your laws; contact your local counsels to find out whom to write letters to or bring it to your TV stations to plead these "protection laws" are removed for such vile POS's.

Poor baby - RIP. My heart absolutely aches (as do so many others') over this murder.

Perdi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Athena02116 View Post
    I've written three or four responses and erased them all - I'm all over the board with emotions on this story and remember it well when it first hit the international news sites.

The good people of Britain need to publicly NAME & SHAME these two and show the same mercy they showed little James. How you can allow your gov't to use your taxes to support such wastes of earthly air/space? Change your laws; contact your local counsels to find out whom to write letters to or bring it to your TV stations to plead these "protection laws" are removed for such vile POS's.

Poor baby - RIP. My heart absolutely aches (as do so many others') over this murder.
    The desire of the entire population of the UK to show the same mercy they showed wee James is EXACTLY why they have been given new identities. There are no two ways about it, if we all knew who and where they are, they would not survive long at all. Same as that Maxine Carr that covered for Ian Huntley (killer of Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman in Soham). She got a new identity when she got out to protect her.....what a crock!!

I remember when this happened. My mam is from Kirkby in Liverpool, and as someone has already said, the whole area, indeed the whole city, was absolutely shocked to the core that 2 of its own children could do something so thoroughly unthinkable.

I really don't think those 2 monsters should EVER have been released from prison. Its sick that they spent so little time inside given what they did, and that they now have the security of a new identity is even worse! If someone robs someone else, they get a criminal record and have to declare it to every potential employer, credit giver, all sorts of people.....go out with 1 of your pals, kidnap and horrifically murder a wee baby, and don't worry, you'll only get a few years, and never have to speak of it again once you're out....Its frankly a disgrace.

I remember hearing Denise Ferguson (James's mam) speaking about this a while ago. She said that she knows exactly who they are. She knows their new identities and where they live. She said that she will not say anything to anyone about what she knows, but that they need to know that she has her eye on them, and that one foot out of line, and she will tell the world. She's a heck of a strong woman if you ask me!

Dollyplum Guest
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0prJ7IPqsA

Very interesting documentary.

letty1970 Guest
    It makes me so angry. Just because you turn1 8 doesnt make you a better person or a person that will never commit a crime again. All i can say is that these people are animals with insticts of animals , therefore they will probably do it again, break another mother and fathers heart, have our tax payers money spent on them for a trial, and then prison.Fucking shitheads should never have been let out in the first place. Good old england, lets protect the poor vunerable offenders and let the victims take care of themselves . Sorry to vent, but i am sick and tired of our justice system.

Quote Originally Posted by letty1970 View Post
    It makes me so angry. Just because you turn1 8 doesnt make you a better person or a person that will never commit a crime again. All i can say is that these people are animals with insticts of animals , therefore they will probably do it again, break another mother and fathers heart, have our tax payers money spent on them for a trial, and then prison.Fucking shitheads should never have been let out in the first place. Good old england, lets protect the poor vunerable offenders and let the victims take care of themselves . Sorry to vent, but i am sick and tired of our justice system.

I second that

Keyser Soze Guest
    The sick thing is, these children were out and about all hours of the night. THe moms gave up on them long ago, they had no control, no rules, no guidance, no morals, no love, no parenting-
    After being incarerated (if you can even call it that) the judge ordered that absolutly no photos other than the ones that were already out there could ever be released, as he feared for their life.

letty1970 Guest
    I fear for my kids lives cos of scum bags out there who have been let out of prison 2 early. It isnt just this case that pisses me of, although i am still sickend by it, but we hear about so many, this murder wouldnt have happend if so and so hadnt been let out, we hear about it to much. look at ian huntlys crime sheet.

letty1970 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    The sick thing is, these children were out and about all hours of the night. THe moms gave up on them long ago, they had no control, no rules, no guidance, no morals, no love, no parenting-
    After being incarerated (if you can even call it that) the judge ordered that absolutly no photos other than the ones that were already out there could ever be released, as he feared for their life.
    It really does become a vicous circle. What chance do some of these kids stand. You have to wonder what will happen in the future.

SinKittyVixen Guest
    Its just sick what they did to him. So sad.

One of James Bulger's killers, Jon Venables, 27, has been returned to prison after he breached the terms of his release.
    The Ministry of Justice said: "We can confirm that Jon Venables has been recalled to custody following a breach of licence conditions."
    Details of the nature of the breach were not released.
    Last edited by Serendipity09; 03-02-2010 at 02:28 PM. Reason: addendum

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity09 View Post
    One of James Bulger's killers, Jon Venables, 27, has been returned to prison after he breached the terms of his release.
    Unreal!! Do you have any other details to share??

Oh, I see you edited and added some stuff. Never mind. Thanks for sharing that.

heaven01uk Guest
    Both the little bastards should never have been released in the first place.

Ilmatar Guest
    What the hell did he do?

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by heaven01uk View Post
    Both the little bastards should never have been released in the first place.
    They should've been boiled in oil instead.

Someone that sick is not going to just suddenly change their ways and become a productive member of society. It was only a matter of time before he screwed up. I was just reading the English newspapers and they say that if it is a serious enough breach, he could be sent back to prison for life. We can only hope. Now we just have to bide our time until the other piece of garbage slips up also.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by limey View Post
    Someone that sick is not going to just suddenly change their ways and become a productive member of society. It was only a matter of time before he screwed up. I was just reading the English newspapers and they say that if it is a serious enough breach, he could be sent back to prison for life. We can only hope. Now we just have to bide our time until the other piece of garbage slips up also.
    I can't believe that in this day & age they have been kept secret! I can't find those guys anywhere. What did he do?

RaRaRamona Guest
    http://www.theage.com.au/world/james...0303-pgwa.html

â??It is with great regret that I have learned of the breach,â??â?? said David Blunkett, who as interior minister in 2001 told MPs of justice officialsâ?? decision that Venables would be released.

Regret? But not shock right?

heaven01uk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    They should've been boiled in oil instead.
    Very slowly using a dipping technique.

Hez Guest
    I remember when this happened, my son was nearly two and it broke my heart to think what poor little James must have gone through at the hands of those two evil little shits. I am not in the least bit surprised that one of them is back inside, frankly though I am amazed the public have been told about it. They were inside for a total of 8 years when some stupid do gooding lawyer decided they hadn't been treated fairly in their trial and should be released. I wonder how that bloke can sleep at night!

British justice is ridiculous these days. The victims and their families are the ones who suffer now, not the culprits. It's totally sickening and it's getting worse. There is now talk that the Yorkshire Ripper has served his time and should be released. I wouldn't be in the least bit shocked if he was.

stacebabe Guest
    This story is one that made me the paranoid parent I am. This story, and Adam Walsh's story. My kids are now 5 and 7, but I don't let them out of my sight for a second, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    This story is one that made me the paranoid parent I am. This story, and Adam Walsh's story. My kids are now 5 and 7, but I don't let them out of my sight for a second, ever.
    I am the same way. I get criticized from my husband's side of the fam that I am too paranoid. The gang is just allowed to run around and no one checks on them...the adults sit and visit. I always discuss with my kids what the rules are and where they are allowed to go and where they can't. Even though I wound up homeschooling for different reasons, I could never get comfortable when my son was in kindergarten, with the fact that there were 600 kids on the playground and 2 teachers watching them. To me, it was way to dangerous.

Jon Venables was supposedly put in jail for fighting with a work colleage, sounds like bs to me. He was caught fighting before and not locked up, i can't help feeling that some poeple are born evil.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe...ex.html?hpt=C2

From the article:

The British government has so far declined to reveal why Venables had been recalled into custody.
    Legal commentator Alan Caplin told CNN police would not have acted lightly given the amount of money the authorities have spent on giving the boys new homes and identities.
    "I think one can surmise reasonably that... it must be quite serious if there's some intervention in that reset life," he said.
    The conditions imposed on the boys on their release banned them from contacting each other, Bulger's family or from returning to the region of Merseyside, in northwest England, where the crime was committed .
    British Home Secretary Alan Johnson told Sky News the reason for the recall would be revealed in time.
    "I believe the public do have a right to know and I believe they will know all the facts in due course," he said.
    However, British Justice Secretary Jack Straw was quoted in the Times Wednesday as saying it was in the public interest to withhold the details.
    "I have no interest in gratuitously or unnecessarily withholding information, but there are good reasons to withhold it at the moment and that is in the public interest," he said.

steffie Guest
    This is bullshit. Why would they want to protect those sick f*cks?? I can't believe they went through all this trouble for them and cost I'm sure. The video makes me sick. I am also a overprotective parent and I have gotten to the point that I would be like "what are you doing?" "are you ok?" if I saw something like the abduction happening with the little fella crying and stuff. It's really sad but we really have to be aware and watch out for each other these days more than ever. That poor sweet little boy =/

I am so curious to find out why they took him back into custody.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

FizzyGrissom Guest
    Apparently, it was for fighting at his workplace, but there's more to this story, I'll bet.

sablegsd Guest

FizzyGrissom Guest
    Awww, diddums, that poor little poppet Venables, he's all scared now.

All I can say now is;

GEN. POP. Put him IN IT!!
    Last edited by FizzyGrissom; 03-05-2010 at 01:48 AM.

Why was he given so many chances in the past? Drugs? Fighting? It must be something really bad this time because the authorities seem to have been reluctant in the past to throw him back in the slammer.

I hope he is shitting himself right now.

stacebabe Guest
    "Officials are now resigned to having to provide him with another new name, National Insurance number and passport, to protect his anonymity after he was recalled to prison, the Daily Mail reports.The cost to the British taxpayer could exceed $500,000."

ughhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RaRaRamona Guest
    They need to see an episode of Law & Order. Let the prisoners take care of him!

Denise Fergus, mother of Jamie, speaks.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lers-jail.html

By Helen Weathers
    Last updated at 11:59 PM on 05th March 2010

The first question Denise Fergus asked when she was informed at 4pm on Tuesday that Jon Venables had been taken back into custody was: 'What has he done?' Had he harmed another child, she demanded to know. Had he hurt someone? How serious was it?
    Was anyone dead? How could it have happened? Who was keeping tabs on Jon Venables, or whatever his name is these days?
    Was there, she wanted to know, some other mother whose whole world had been thrown off its axis, just as hers was 17 years ago when ten-year-old schoolboys Venables and Robert Thompson abducted, tortured and then left her two-year-old son James Bulger for dead on a railway line?

So many questions - and yet not a single answer. Denise Fergus may as well have been talking to a brick wall the afternoon this week when the authorities came to tell her that what she has always predicted would happen had become a reality.
    'I'm not allowed to discuss that,' explained Anne Pakula, the National Probation Service's Head of Operations in Merseyside during her short, tense, urgently requested meeting with Denise at her home in Kirkby.
    And indeed that was her polite reply to every question Denise asked about Venables. 'I can't tell you,' followed by 'I don't know'; 'I'm not at liberty to tell you' or 'I can't discuss that'.
    'I threw question after question at her, but she blocked every one,' says Denise, 42, in her first interview since it was revealed that Venables was back behind bars. 'She either couldn't or wouldn't answer me.
    'I told her: "Well, it's got to be serious for you to be sitting there telling me he's back in custody. It wouldn't be this big unless it was really serious."
    'I was a nervous wreck, my mind was all over the place, but still she wouldn't tell me.
    'My fear was that he'd hurt another child, or any other human being. I just don't want anyone else hurt by Venables or Thompson. I wanted to know that he hadn't done to someone else what he did to James and me.
    'All kinds of horrible thoughts were going through my head, and they still are because no one will tell me what he's done. It's wrong - as James's mother, I have a right to know.
    'They are always going on about their lives, protecting them, but there's no one protecting me.'

Denise publicly warned that Venables and Thompson - who were released on licence nine years ago with new identities following eight years' rehabilitation in secure children's units - would one day re-offend. Indeed, she felt certain of it.
    Found guilty of murder in 1993 with a recommendation they serve at least eight years, the tariff was later increased on appeal to 17 years, but again reduced to eight by the European Court, which ruled that the two boys had suffered 'inhuman and degrading treatment in an adult court'.
    Denise - who fought and failed to have the pair serve time in an adult jail - says she always knew that one day one or the other of them would be back in trouble, and she feels it is her 'right' to know exactly what Venables is alleged to have done to warrant being sent back to jail.

But, it seems, Venables's rights come first.
    'I keep asking myself: "When will all this end?" And the answer is "never". It's just one torment after another. Those boys have never been punished for murdering my son; they have been rewarded,' she says.

'Hair already receding': Denise says she was sent a picture of Robert Thompson shortly before his release and claims to have seen him 15 miles from her home

'They have been given the best education, new identities, new lives, homes, jobs, money. What about James? What about my three younger sons, who I'm having to keep off school to protect them from what's happening, and whose education is disrupted?
    'When Venables and Thompson were released on licence nine years ago, the Parole Board promised me they would keep me informed if they ever got into trouble again,' says Denise, seething with indignation.
    'For nine years I have had doors slammed and faced a wall of silence. I now call myself "lastminute.com" because I'm always the last to know about these two and what they've been up to.
    'If this hadn't been about to leak into the papers, I don't believe they would even have told me he was in prison,' says Denise, who is demanding a faceto-face meeting with Justice Secretary Jack Straw.
    'They knew the story was about to break, and they didn't want me to find out about it on the television news.'
    The probation boss Anne Pakula left Denise's home on Tuesday with a promise to keep her informed.

It will be 28 days before Denise is told the results of the Parole Board's investigation and whether Venables will remain in custody or be released - with yet another identity at the taxpayer's expense. It will cost £250,000 to give him another fresh start.
    Yesterday, it was reported that Venables's cover had already been blown in prison and that he was being held in isolation, under 24-hour guard for his own safety.
    But at least, Denise says, Venables has at last spent a few nights in an adult jail.
    'Half of me is pleased he is in prison because I've never had justice for James, and this is what I have always wanted,' says Denise.
    'But at the same time it hurts me to think that someone else may have suffered at Venables's hands in the process. I just feel so very angry about it all.
    'Why can't the Government be honest and tell us what he's done? Why won't they accept responsibility? It's a massive cover-up. What is it they don't want the public to know? I'll tell you: that all that taxpayers' money has been a complete waste. I don't believe Venables or Thompson have been rehabilitated at all.
    'Will Venables face a trial for whatever he is alleged to have done? Will that be under his real name or his new name? Will the jury or judge even know what he did to James .. . or will they simply release him as quickly as possible because it's easier that way?

'I warned that this would happen, but no one wanted to listen. I'm going to keep on screaming and shouting until I know what Jon Venables has done. It is in the public interest to know, so that other people are not put at risk.'
    Yesterday, Gordon Brown slapped down Home Secretary Alan Johnson who on Wednesday said the public had a right to know what new allegations Venables faced. Mr Brown reiterated Justice Secretary Jack Straw's stance that no details would be released.
    'What we are talking about is a totally abhorrent crime that happened some years ago but that still, rightly so, disgusts and offends the British people, and I can rightly understand the public outrage, even after so many years,' said Mr Brown.
    'But the public know we cannot comment on individual cases that are going through the justice system, and I think the Justice Secretary explained the particular constraints in this case.'
    But under this veil of secrecy, supposedly in the public interest, will justice be done, let alone be seen to be done? Denise doesn't think so.
    While the Government remains tight-lipped over Venables and Thompson - whose anonymity will be legally protected for the rest of their natural lives - Denise has had to rely on the Press, 'well-wishers' and 'whispers' about her son's killers and their secret lives. It has been no comfort, then, to learn this week that far from being rehabilitated, Venables has allegedly had a history of drug abuse since he was released nine years ago.

He is said by sources to have a terrible temper and to have been involved in a number of fights over the years, and Denise has been incensed to read that Venables ' cynically flouted his strict parole rules' by returning to Liverpool to go on 'wild drinking benders' in nightclubs, while snorting cocaine and taking ecstasy pills.
    Sources also revealed that Venables had slipped into Goodison Park to watch Everton play football, despite him being banned from Merseyside.
    Denise had been given assurances that she would be informed if either of her son's killers was given permission to return to the area.

She is not convinced by reports that Venables was recalled to custody because of a violent altercation with a work colleague, during which he had to be pulled away and was eventually suspended after an official complaint was made.
    'It must be more serious than that to have taken him into prison,' she says. 'If he'd been taking drugs and that wasn't enough to recall him, then what is?'
    In the absence of any real information, Denise's mind is running riot. Some of what she has read in the past few days about Venables and Thompson - who is said to be in a gay relationship with a man who knows about his past - she had already heard before from various sources.
    These 'well-wishers' have, over the years, filled in all the gaps for Denise, left gaping by authorities whose first priority - it seems - is to protect Venables and Thompson from revenge attacks.

Part Two of the above:

Shortly before they were released in 2001 on life licence, a well-wisher sent Denise photos of the pair taken within their secure units, so she'd be able to recognise them should they ever come back to Merseyside.
    'Thompson's hair was already receding and was cropped very short, and Venables had had his teeth fixed,' says Denise, who in 2004 claimed to have spotted Thompson walking down a street 15 miles from her home.
    She says she is '100 per cent certain' that Thompson, who has allegedly been treated for a heroin addiction, was admitted in the past two years to a hospital in Merseyside. Her information came from a trusted source, but when she contacted the Parole Board to demand why she hadn't been told, she claims she was told 'it wasn't him'.
    But there is other information given to her by strangers and other trusted sources, which now preys on her mind as she battles to find out what Venables is alleged to have done.
    Four years ago, while attending a Victims of Crime conference in London, a man came up to her through the crowd and whispered: 'Venables has a kid and his girlfriend is pregnant with another.'
    She believes this information to be true, because other sources have confirmed it to her. Which raises even more questions in her mind. 'I have been told that Venables is planning to get married and now has two children.
    'What I want to know is, does this girlfriend know who he is? Does she know that the father of her children is a murderer?' says Denise.
    'What about her rights? What about the rights of his children. It horrifies me that he has been allowed to have children, when other people have theirs taken away for something much less.'
    Denise's marriage to James's father, Ralph, collapsed shortly after the birth of their second son Michael, now 16, who was conceived after the brutal murder of their first. Denise is remarried to electrician Stuart Fergus, with whom she has two sons, Thomas, 11, and Leon, ten.
    A large oil painting of James, who would have been 20 this month, hangs over the fireplace in their pristine home. The portrait shows the blond, blue-eyed two-year-old laughing, which is how Denise likes to remember James during the short time that he was with her.

She tries to forget those awful, haunting, grainy CCTV images of her trusting little boy being led away by his schoolboy killers on February 12,
    1993. The pair struck at a shopping centre in Bootle while James's mother was momentarily distracted.
    'When those CCTV pictures were shown on television again this week, I said to Stuart: "I just want to reach into the set and try to grab him,"' she says.
    'I don't cry any more - I have shed so many tears for James that there are none left. I just feel angry.
    'I remember the first time I saw those images, before James's body had been found. They filled me with hope. I thought: "He's with two kids! They must be playing with him. They'll bring him back!"
    'Until this week, days could go past without giving Thompson and Venables a thought. Yes, I still grieve for James, but I'm not broken. I have my family - for their sake, I have moved on and healed. I want my children to be happy. I like to laugh, I like to have a good time, but all this has dragged me down again.'
    Even now, she can't comprehend how two young boys of such tender years could kill a defenceless, innocent toddler. 'What surprised me most, when I saw them in court, was how easy I found it to hate two ten-year-olds.
    'I still hate them. I will never forgive them for what they did to James. People say they were victims, too, that they were just children, damaged by their backgrounds, but those are just excuses.'
    On March 16 every year, on what would have been James's birthday, Denise and her family gather to hold a party at his graveside to celebrate his short life. Denise likes to talk to James, to tell him what's happening.
    In ten days' time, she will tell James his killer is finally behind bars. She just won't be able to tell him why. It isn't quite the justice that Denise had hoped for, but it will have to do for now.

-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DeniseJamie.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	27675  

sablegsd Guest
    This case makes me sick. I don't know if I could refrain from violence if James (and my oldest is named James) had been my child. And his birthday coming up on the heels of this new ripping open the scar on the hearts of this family make me want to cry.

Perdi Guest
    The Sun is now reporting that Venables is back in prison on some sort of sex crime.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2881233/Jon-Venables-faces-a-sex-charge.html

What really sickens me about this is that the other prisoners have figured out who he is and his cover is blown. We as taxpayers are going to have to cough up ANOTHER bundle of money to give him ANOTHER shot at having a decent life!! So if he has committed some sick sex act what then?? Will this be included in his new identity?? Will he be on the sex offenders register for the rest of his life if conviceted, as any other sex offender would be??

And why can't our fucking government just be honest for once?? This little shit was given a clean slate when he walked away from what he did and he has thrown it back in everyone's faces. That he was given it in the first is fucking obscene in my opinion, but now they are considering doing it AGAIN?? Bollocks to that!!!!!!!

I feel so sorry for wee James's mum. That interview with her is so heartbreaking.

Tell us all who he fucking well is. If this story in The Sun is true then keep it quiet till the trial is over, then if convicted, bloody well let him rot.

....actually, even if he isn't convicted, bloody well let him rot!

Well hopefully he will be convicted of this and the matter of him receiving another new identity will no longer be an issue. Is that what would happen? Or would he get another new identity in jail? They should have just thrown the key away when they were convicted the first time. That poor mother; I can't imagine the pain and feeling of helplessness that she is/has been going through all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdi View Post
    The Sun is now reporting that Venables is back in prison on some sort of sex crime.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2881233/Jon-Venables-faces-a-sex-charge.html
    "But The Sun understood that only an allegation of an extremely serious crime could have resulted in his being banged up again."

That is blatant bullshit. He could have contacted his ex-partner in crime, visited an old neighboiurhood, old friends, contacted the family of the victim etc etc. The Sun is beating this up I think.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

stacebabe Guest
    Reading Denise's story just breaks my heart. I can't imaging basically being treated like the criminal when the actual criminal is given all the rights. How horrible.

"But The Sun understood that only an allegation of an extremely serious crime could have resulted in his being banged up again."

That is blatant bullshit. He could have contacted his ex-partner in crime, visited an old neighboiurhood, old friends, contacted the family of the victim etc etc. The Sun is beating this up I think.

The Sun do make stuff up to get a reaction! They also tell lies but thats The Sun for you!

My heart goes out to Denise right now. It must be hell for her!

Quote Originally Posted by FizzyGrissom View Post
    Apparently, it was for fighting at his workplace, but there's more to this story, I'll bet.

How right you are if today's news is anything to go by.

I had hoped that the 10 year olds who committed this horrendous crime could have been released and have got on with their lives and never did anything bad again. That's not to say I would have forgiven them.

The person I feel most sorry for is James' mum. The woman has tried to move on for the sake of her three sons (all born after James died). God knows how this poor woman is feeling today with the latest revelations. It would have been James' birthday this month, he would have been 20.

Apparently it is known that JV came to a football match in the city! This is totally against his conditions. He was about 3 miles away from where the Bulger family live and about half a mile away from where he and the other scum tortured and killed James.

Personally I now think he should be locked away permanently, although if I were James' mum I'd probably like him hanged.

RaRaRamona Guest

I have read many stories that at least one of them was doing things like that & didn't go back to jail. I find it hard to believe that they would change their identities & possible their looks to release them & then then arrest them for something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne View Post
    I had hoped that the 10 year olds who committed this horrendous crime could have been released and have got on with their lives and never did anything bad again.
    Children who are sexually violent & are capable of that level of torture will never be normal functioning adults. It's ridiculous to think otherwise. In my opinion.

Dollyplum Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I have read many stories that at least one of them was doing things like that & didn't go back to jail. I find it hard to believe that they would change their identities & possible their looks to release them & then then arrest them for something like that.

Children who are sexually violent & are capable of that level of torture will never be normal functioning adults. It's ridiculous to think otherwise. In my opinion.
    I am with you on that. Should be left to rot in prision the same as Myra hindley.

Perdi Guest
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/8555597.stm

From the BBC this time....far more reputable!!!

Also, Justice Secretary, Jack Straw is to answer 'Urgent Questions' in Parliament over this this afternoon - in about 20 mins actually. Will update with anything interesting afterwards.

Perdi Guest
    Ok, so Jack Straw has said the following...and can I just say that I am disgusted at how few MP's were there...this is a bloody serious matter that the whole nation is up in arms about, yet only a handful of our elected representatives chose to turn up!! Fecking eejits!!! Anyhoo...

On 22/02 they (Ministry for Justice) learnt of a compromise of Venables new identity and that he may have committed a serious breach of his licence conditions. He was recalled same day and has been in custody ever since.

Confirmation that Venables faces 'extremely serious allegations'.

Not presently in the interests of Justice to give more information as to the nature of the allegations.

Motivation solely to ensure extremely serious allegations are properly investigated and justice is done.

Jack Straw is making arrangements to meet Denise Fergus (although he got her name wrong initially and called her Mrs Ferguson...D'Oh!!) and Mr Bulger, James's parents, to discuss the situation with them.

When asked by a fellow MP whether another person had been killed or met serious harm allegedly at Venables hand, Straw stated that he has 'seen no allegations of that kind'.

...so there you go. The questions that I was left were these:

If Venables faces trial and is found guilty, will the trial judge be given full details of his existing criminal record and be able to take these into account when sentancing, as he would with any other convicted criminal?

What will happen then regarding identity? With 2 serious convictions in his past, should we offer him a further opportunity to live behind a wall of silence where he doesn't have to take responsibility amongst society for his actions, eg declaring either conviction on a job application etc?
    Last edited by Perdi; 03-08-2010 at 08:04 AM.

Dollyplum Guest

Rot in hell

As far as I see this case...

The evil little bast**d has committed the most evil crime know to mankind and all this at 10. So what is this monster capable as a 27 year old? He was given a chance because of his young age. But again he has committed a serious breech of his parole. As far as I am concerned he has had his chance and he has wasted it. Why should the UK tax payer continue to pay for this person so he can walk a free man. I say send him down and keep him. At least it protects the UK citizen.

Alternatively, I would say spark him out. I would pull the trigger NO~SWEAT.