Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Victims of BTK Killer, Dennis Rader

I know I can't be the only one here that wishes they could put their foot in his face, reading about the descriptions of his killings was one of the hardest things to get through. I also didn't know there was ANOTHER serial killer from the area, John E. Robinson Sr, who DID receive the death penalty, I need to read up more about him, never heard of this guy.

Mammy Guest
    Oh, you are in for an awakening when you dive into John Robinson's cases. He is another evil sociopath that got away with his crimes for far too long. Come back after you read about him and we'll pick him apart like we do everyone else. LOL

intothelight Guest
    Never heard of John Robinson. I must read up on this sick bastard.

Saw a Netflix thing on him and one of the surviving Otero boys. Very interesting. Anyone else see it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

I didn't want to start a new thread, but I wanted to acknowledge this detective who helped capture Dennis Rader:

Ken Landwehr, Who Played Key Role in Capture of Serial Killer, Dies at 59.

Lt. Ken Landwehr, a homicide detective in Wichita, Kan., who played a pivotal role in the capture of the serial killer known as B.T.K., whose terrorizing spree went unredressed for more than 30 years, died at his home on Monday in Wichita. He was 59.
    The cause was kidney cancer, said Joel Vanatta, who is married to the lieutenant’s stepdaughter.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/16/us...=fb-share&_r=0
    Last edited by McCourt; 01-15-2014 at 06:33 PM. Reason: typo
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    I didn't want to start a new thread, but I wanted to acknowledge this detective who helped capture Dennis Rader:

Lt. Ken Landwehr, a homicide detective in Wichita, Kan., who played a pivotal role in the capture of the serial killer known as B.T.K., whose terrorizing spree went unredressed for more than 30 years, died at his home on Monday in Wichita. He was 59.
    The cause was kidney cancer, said Joel Vanatta, who is married to the lieutenant’s stepdaughter.

Another good person and contributing member of society who dies young while the 68 year old serial killer he helped put behind bars is in prison alive and well. Some events in life, I'll never understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Another good person and contributing member of society who dies young while the 68 year old serial killer he helped put behind bars is in prison alive and well. Some events in life, I'll never understand.
    Me either. Life is so unfair sometimes. Maybe one day we will understand it.

I still remember the cold, dead look Rader had on his face when he described, deadpan no less, the murders that he committed. In detail, one by one (this is an incomplete sentence, lol) (But perhaps these comments in parentheses make it a complete one???). Anywho.

It was as if he was the king of the world. It still infuriates me. What he did to that first family makes me sick to my stomach. I am surprised no one has taken him out Dahmer style yet.

ETA: What he did to ALL the victims makes me sick, but the story of that 10 year old girl in the basement just makes me so enraged.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Me either. Life is so unfair sometimes. Maybe one day we will understand it.

I still remember the cold, dead look Rader had on his face when he described, deadpan no less, the murders that he committed. In detail, one by one (this is an incomplete sentence, lol) (But perhaps these comments in parentheses make it a complete one???). Anywho.

It was as if he was the king of the world. It still infuriates me. What he did to that first family makes me sick to my stomach. I am surprised no one has taken him out Dahmer style yet.

ETA: What he did to ALL the victims makes me sick, but the story of that 10 year old girl in the basement just makes me so enraged.
    I love that his own ego is what finally got him caught. I guess in his mind, what good would it do to be a serial killer spanning two or three decades and getting away with it if nobody knew who he was and he couldn't get credit for being so clever? He talked about killing that little girl with the same amount of emotion of someone ordering a cheeseburger at McDonald's. His wife looking back over their life in hindsight must shudder with horror at least a hundred times a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I love that his own ego is what finally got him caught. I guess in his mind, what good would it do to be a serial killer spanning two or three decades and getting away with it if nobody knew who he was and he couldn't get credit for being so clever? He talked about killing that little girl with the same amount of emotion of someone ordering a cheeseburger at McDonald's. His wife looking back over their life in hindsight must shudder with horror at least a hundred times a day.
    I wish she would write a book or do an interview or something. I wonder if she has looked back and made any connections? Am I making sense? I wonder if any light bulbs went off to possibly explain some things that may have happened during their marriage.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    I wish she would write a book or do an interview or something. I wonder if she has looked back and made any connections? Am I making sense? I wonder if any light bulbs went off to possibly explain some things that may have happened during their marriage.
    Yes, you are making perfect sense. I know Gary Ridgway's wife, Judith, was on an episode of "Who The Bleep Did I Marry" and I felt sorry for her. I hoped maybe an episode would be made about BTK's wife, but I've never heard a peep about the woman since around the time he was arrested. She apparently wants to blend into society and not try to cash in on her fifteen minutes of fame. She has to look back and see things in a different light than she did at the time. If he had kept his mouth shut, he more than likely would have never been caught and she would still be married to him. That has to be a chilling thought to her.

Quote Originally Posted by punklove View Post
    No, the children and wife havent had any contact with him since he was arrested.

The police said that the wife knew what was going on (Dennis even said at one point that he accidently left something out that he was writing about the btk thing and she read it and it freaked her out) and I think that woman should be ashamed.. I will never understand when women (or men) live with someone that does things like this and never DO something. You know they have to see it.
    I never knew she knew about it! her ass should be in jail too

Quote Originally Posted by Gabby View Post
    I never knew she knew about it! her ass should be in jail too
    Me either, I thought she was clueless.

Mammy Guest
    I never got the impression that she knew what he was up to. I'm sure she can see things she missed and red flags looking back on it all now, but I think he was a smooth talker and she may have felt silly thinking her husband could be a serial killer after he explained things to her. There wasn't a period of standing by her man after he was caught like with Judith Ridgway and Faryion Young's wife, Glenda. BTK's wife was able to get a quickie divorce from him without waiting the customary 60 days for a divorce in Kansas at that time. She sold their house that was later demolished. There are things she should have seen, but I think she was gullible and believed whatever he told her. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post

Sorry to hear about his death.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Rader says a demon made him do it

https://nypost.com/2018/09/03/notori...ew-confession/

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I thought he had died.
    We can only wish.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

17. 06-20-2020, 05:22 AM