Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Aaliyah

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cdolen View Post
    It seems as though that would be the correct audio, as the call letters used by the pilot and ATC referring to the Cessna match the ones seen on the plane's tail in this video. Somewhere, I read an accident report on this incident (maybe in a link on this thread...don't remember), and it said the plane attempted to take off, was not gaining altitude and crashed very shortly thereafter, so again, the location and description of the wreckage in this video makes sense. IMO, it is the real thing.
    The reason I though it might not be accurate was that the letters didn't match. I must have misheard.

It sounds like the pilots says J16aa75? the plane has NB037W on the wing. Should those match? Or N8087W. Either way, they don't match the radio letters.

Also, why does he ask for the nearest landing strip if he's barely left the tarmac?

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    The reason I though it might not be accurate was that the letters didn't match. I must have misheard.

It sounds like the pilots says J16aa75? the plane has NB037W on the wing. Should those match? Or N8087W. Either way, they don't match the radio letters.

Also, why does he ask for the nearest landing strip if he's barely left the tarmac?

RaRa,

I am going to go back and view this again- I could definitely be wrong and I apologize. (was reading/viewing some other aircraft incident reports during the same time I watched this...need to pay closer attention)

RaRa,

No, I was the one who misheard...my sincere apology...the audio does not match this plane or its location, but the crash on the video is the N8087W plane that we have seen in other photos of Aaliyah's incident. In addition to the landing strip, the pilot can also be heard asking for a nearby AFB- none of that adds up to be N8087W. Best I should only look/listen to one incident at a time with full attention.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Thank you for verifying. Now I am curious about the audio.

Thank you for verifying. Now I am curious about the audio.
    You are welcome. I am going to listen again, get the name of the AFB that the pilot mentions and look it up to find its location.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I tried to look it up but all I found were links to our thread haha

aedgar5000 Guest
    RaRa,

No, I was the one who misheard...my sincere apology...the audio does not match this plane or its location, but the crash on the video is the N8087W plane that we have seen in other photos of Aaliyah's incident. In addition to the landing strip, the pilot can also be heard asking for a nearby AFB- none of that adds up to be N8087W. Best I should only look/listen to one incident at a time with full attention.

So the video is legit, just not the audio?

[QUOTE=RaRaRamona;1183385]I tried to look it up but all I found were links to our thread haha[/QUOTE

There is a McConnell AFB in Wichita, KS. It is the only AFB that has a name remotely similar to the one heard in the audio.

McConnell Air Force BaseWichita, Kansas37°37′23″N 097°16′02″W / 37.62306°N 97.26722°W / 37.62306; -97.26722 (McConnell AFB)AMC
    22d Air Refueling Wing
    931st Air Refueling Group (AFRES)KC-135 Stratotanker. Primary mission is to provide global reach by conducting air refueling and airlift where and when needed. [SIZE=2][37][/SIZE]

newhag81 Guest
    I never paid attention to the numbers. This video and audio I posted have been going around for a couple of years now. Could the pilot have made a mistake when he realized there was an emergency? His autopsy showed that he had traces of cocaine in his system and documentation showed that not only was he not licensed to fly that type of aircraft, but his main license had expired as well. It was only his second day with this company and three months prior to the tragedy, he had been convicted or heroin possession and was put on probation. The company was also behind on inspection, I believe. It was all a mess, a lot of irregularities were uncovered during the investigation.

As for her voice on "Queen of the Damned", her family never asked them to remove it from the movie. Aalyiah died before she was able to do post-production on it. One of the steps is overdubbing. The actor goes into the studio to correct a few things on the dialogue. That's when the director called Rashad, Aaliyah's brother, to record his voice. He was very proud to do it.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Wow so the pilot was hoping they could get to them in time?

Wow so the pilot was hoping they could get to them in time?
    IDK what is going on in that audio...would be interesting to know the story, especially after hearing the mayday calls. Wonder where that plane was?

RaRaRamona Guest
    Is there another way to find out? I have tried googling the letters. Is there a name for that? A code or something? LOL Code wouldn't be right...

Is there another way to find out? I have tried googling the letters. Is there a name for that? A code or something? LOL Code wouldn't be right...
    If that audio is genuine and there was a crash of that plane, its call sign (the ones you wrote down in a previous post that were said by the pilot and ATC), might be somewhere in the NTSB accident reports. That database is ENORMOUS and I can't remember if there is a way to do an advanced search based upon the call sign alone. Airline speak is so complicated, that the call sign they were using might not exactly reflect the actual N tag numbers/letters on the plane itself.

The planes N number was N8097W.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    The planes N number was N8097W.
    Thank you Ich...we were trying to figure out the plane that is on the audio- it is not the same aircraft. There are things said in that transmission that make no sense based on what is known about the crash of N8097W.

Heres the NTSB factual report on the crash:
    http://dms.ntsb.gov/aviation/Acciden...2011120000.pdf
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Heres the NTSB factual report on the crash:
    http://dms.ntsb.gov/aviation/Acciden...2011120000.pdf

Thank you Ich!!! Most appreciated!!!

This site has a series of photos of the accident site. That plane was totally fubar!
    http://www.airnseacrash.com/Cessna402B.html

This site has a series of photos of the accident site. That plane was totally fubar!
    This is an outstanding site- best photos I have ever seen! Thank you for these recent links- they are most appreciated!
    Last edited by Cynful; 08-05-2011 at 11:04 PM.

You can order a copy of any death certificate on record in The Bahamas for ten bucks.
    https://forms.bahamas.gov.bs/dp_form.asp?fid=281

RaRaRamona Guest
    Nice find!

aedgar5000 Guest
    Nice pics.

JennyMominRI Guest
    Is the red seat in the 5th picture covered in blood>

Quote Originally Posted by JennyMominRI View Post
    I was wondering if the yellow tarps were covering bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by JennyMominRI View Post
    I doubt it. Once it coagulated it would look much darker. Probably remaing fabric.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I was wondering if the yellow tarps were covering bodies.
    I don't see tarps. A lot of yellow, but it looks more like insulation or something.

newhag81 Guest
    All the pictures that show the bodies being removed seem to have been taken during the night time. The crash happened around 6:45pm. The pictures on this site look like they were taken during the day time, possibly the next day or a couple of days after the fact, and it's just the wreckage being removed. When they removed the bodies, they were wrapped in blue plastic. The time stamp on one of the pics on the website ichabodius (great site, by the way) posted shows August 28, 2001 (we can't really trust that, anyway, especially with older cameras). I wonder how long it takes for them to remove what's left from the crash site once they finish the preliminary investigation.

Hmm yeah I guess it does look like part of the plane.
    I guess I was just hoping for any suggestion or hint of death.
    The tenth anniversary of her death is in 19 days maybe some new info will be dug up and released. I tried to find some info about the pathologist that performed the autopsy in hopes of a lead but everything that came up was concerning the inquest in 2003. A boolean search of his name ignoring all results containing the term aaliyah resulted in one hit, some site in Danish about vacations.

newhag81 Guest
    10 years today (on my time zone, anyway). RIP.

DrDeath Guest
    Gosh really ten years?!!!!

Flowergrrl Guest
    10 years... RIP Aaliyah.

slw Guest
    wow 10 years!

Great photos. there just isn't much left of the plane, makes you wonder how every one fit in it in the first place...

Flowergrrl Guest
    Were they trying to cut costs by traveling with so much stuff loaded onto the plane?

It's one thing for it to have been an accident, it seems like there should have been people who knew this was a stupid idea.

MorbidChrissy Guest
    RIP Aaliyah. I can't believe it's been 10 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Flowergrrl View Post

It's one thing for it to have been an accident, it seems like there should have been people who knew this was a stupid idea.

From what I have read in regards to the crash, several crew members insisted that they be able to bring quite a bit of equipment back with them instead of waiting a day or two for it to be brought back on a separate plane. That foolish decision doomed everyone, as the plane was 900+ pounds over its maximum takeoff weight. In addition, the weight was very unevenly distributed, causing the center of gravity to be much further aft , making it impossible for the plane to gain lift and altitude. The pilot was quite inexperienced- he apparently forged log books that made it look like he had many more flight hours than he actually did, so his license was obtained fraudulently. Last but not least, he had been previously arrested once or twice for cocaine possesion and toxicology reports from his autopsy revealed that he had both alcohol and cocaine in his system on the day of this doomed flight. Very bad set of circumstances all the way around.

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidChrissy View Post
    RIP Aaliyah. I can't believe it's been 10 years!

Ditto.
    "Never cut what you can untie"

-Joseph Joubert

10 years? That long? Seems but an instant. Good night beautiful soul.

http://perezhilton.com/2011-08-25-da...ll-plane-crash
    Her boyfriend of the time still loves her..... its sad still... 10 years already? Rest in peace sweet child x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

curious68 Guest
    Wow! I cannot believe it has been 10 years either! Loved her song "Try Again".
    RIP Aaliyah.

Scandalicious Guest
    From what I have read in regards to the crash, several crew members insisted that they be able to bring quite a bit of equipment back with them instead of waiting a day or two for it to be brought back on a separate plane. That foolish decision doomed everyone, as the plane was 900+ pounds over its maximum takeoff weight. In addition, the weight was very unevenly distributed, causing the center of gravity to be much further aft , making it impossible for the plane to gain lift and altitude. The pilot was quite inexperienced- he apparently forged log books that made it look like he had many more flight hours than he actually did, so his license was obtained fraudulently. Last but not least, he had been previously arrested once or twice for cocaine possesion and toxicology reports from his autopsy revealed that he had both alcohol and cocaine in his system on the day of this doomed flight. Very bad set of circumstances all the way around.
    one thing i never understood about the whole thing is why the stupid pilot didn't refuse to bring the equipment and the people. i do realize that the pilot had issues of his own (drug use, was not cleared to fly the plane, falsified his records, etc) but with that said, who in the world would knowingly allow all that stuff to be packed on the plane knowing it would crash?

the passengers would not know for sure what the capabilities of the plan were since they aren't trained too. i know the family posted on the official aaliyah site (www.aaliyah.com) info from the private investigation they had into the crash and it said that the passengers asked to bring their stuff and the pilot willing agreed. they took the findings down with a bunch of other stuff so unfortunately i can't re post it, but the reason why i remember it is because it really shocked me that the pilot would be so careless and stupid.

i wish the family would allow the release of the records surrounding the crash. i would like to hear what the final findings were in detail but i know that won't happen but i understand and respect the family's decision. such a shame though. i was a HUGE aaliyah fan as a kid. i loved her music.

i can't believe its been 10 years either. such a shame.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Thank you for the explanation Cdolen. So many lives lost... And for something so unbelievably stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Flowergrrl View Post
    Thank you for the explanation Cdolen. So many lives lost... And for something so unbelievably stupid.

You are very welcome Flowergrrl. If you look up the NTSB incident report, you will be able to find additional details. It is quite extensive.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I doubt the pilot wanted to crash & burn to death. If he was inexperienced he would not have known the trouble. What an idiot.

stfunie Guest

blood sacrifice video

"Aaliyah was kinda given out as a joint.." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H86l...eature=related

Had no idea she was ever involved with that nasty ass Jay Z.

This guy is crazy, but I must say I love a good conspiracy theory.

intothelight Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Stone View Post
    I watched Queen of the Danmed last night and liked it. Sure it's not Oscar winning but Aaliyah was cool in it. I know her voice wasn't even hers, so I read on here, but she did a good job
    I hated Queen of the Damned. I loved Aaliyah's performance but the movie did not do the book any justice at all. It combined pieces of The Vampire Lestat and Queen of the Damned. It wasn't horrible but definitely not great.

blackmagic Guest

the truth/the wrongful death suit

actually.. aaliyah and her crew had rode on a much larger plane(metroliner iii) in which they could bring all their luggage.. aaliyah and her crew was not alerted that the plane would be overweight or even was knowledgeable of what plane they were supposed to get on. the plane they should have been on (for that flight back) was a little bit bigger (a cessna 404) instead of a cessna 402b..in which the air company got wrong, and wasn't even legally able to fly from the USA to bahamas at that time... that same company crashed two planes again in 2005 and 2009..however with a coked up pilot who wasn't even trained they may have crashed anyway...

anyways according to the lawsuit filed (here).. ..aaliyah and her crew had no idea that bringing all their stuff was a problem and since this was the pilot's second flight period and his first flight on that kind of aircraft he didn't either... had they known they couldn't bring their stuff they may have left it or got another plane all together because aaliyah had a major fear of planes.. in that one weekend she called her mother,brother and two wayed her boyfriend telling them how much she hated the small plane..she didnt even want to go to the bahamas to film the rest of the video because of fear of flying however the record company and director pushed that she do it.. so she would suck it up so that she could be "professional"...

The unintended consequences of fame.

in that series of pics, I think that's blood on the seats. The gradation of color seems to change in different areas of the seat... the fabric itself appears to be white, with blood on it.