Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NetFlix

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Have you all seen Netflix's new series Hemlock Grove? Small town, sex, weird family, teenagers, a gypsy cutie, a monster--maybe a werewolf. Good show!
    my gf is hooked on this show.! her and her mom lol

Wendy A. Guest
    My daughter is watching it. I haven't seen it yet.

I'm hooked, too, and I'm hard as hell to please when it comes to films. The minute that thing drug that gal off it had me.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Netflix has been pissing me off lately. It seems that more and more DVDs are going to Long Wait, Very Long Wait, etc... There are way more on my queue that say that than ever before. I have heard they want to focus more on their streaming service but I hate their streaming service. I have nearly 500 things in my queue and about 67 of them are available on the streaming service. So I need the DVDs. Frickin' Sons of Anarchy season 2, disk 1 has been on Long Wait forever now. So I have to keep reordering my queue because all the other disks are available but I don't want them out of order. WTF is with just the first disk being gone? It's an old season too. Things like that should not be on a wait. They are really frustrating me lately.

Quote Originally Posted by mel306 View Post
    I did Blockbuster mail and it was fine but they occasionally say you never returned something. I always had but I thought they believed I was lying. I eventually dropped them.

There were not hidden fee though, it worked fine except for that one issue.
    I tried Blockbuster. Unlike Netflix who lets you know they received the disc back and sends out the next one, I always had to let Blockbuster know when I sent one back, or I wouldn't receive another one. Netflix works much better for me. I love the mail and instant watch.

Season 2 Hemlock Grove now available on Netflix
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

I wish the selection was better.

The last great movie I watched on streaming was called Enter the Void which I really was mistaken about when I scrolled past it. Talk about a complete art masterpiece. The entire film is an out of body experience taken from the main characters point of view after he gets shot in a drug bust.

Last edited by TheDude; 07-14-2014 at 03:07 PM.

I love having Netflix, and I'm thrilled they've started their own series like House of Cards and Orange is the New Black. Plus they brought back Arrested Development! They recently raised their monthly price, but those already subscribed are grandfathered in for two years. I've never used their DVD service, probably need to look into that.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

I love Netflix because i don't have a TV.

I don't watch shows with a bunch of overdone/explicit sex. I loved Grey's Anatomy, but my goodness. Ditto Hemlock Grove. I stick to documentaries, inspirational, oldlies like L&O. I'm currently watching the 3rd season of Hell on Wheels. That show doesn't not overdo the sex.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Hubby and I are watching CSI Miami. I finished Orange is the New Black, twice over. Lol And I finished L&O SVU three times over, I just love watching rapists and child molesters get what's coming to them. The United States of Tara is good, too, it shows someone living with dissociative identity disorder (DID) which is what I have.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

I love Netflix because i don't have a TV.

I don't watch shows with a bunch of overdone/explicit sex. I loved Grey's Anatomy, but my goodness. Ditto Hemlock Grove. I stick to documentaries, inspirational, oldlies like L&O. I'm currently watching the 3rd season of Hell on Wheels. That show doesn't not overdo the sex.
    I agree, Hemlock Grove is so good you have to watch the new season in one sitting!
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    March 1934-July 2016

Watched an interesting documentary on the Boston Bombing from PBS last night.

It was one of the most crowd sourced manhunts ever and I remember being on internet forums scouring over high definition pictures of the crowd looking for suspicious bags and questionable people.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Watched an interesting documentary on the Boston Bombing from PBS last night.

It was one of the most crowd sourced manhunts ever and I remember being on internet forums scouring over high definition pictures of the crowd looking for suspicious bags and questionable people.
    Thanks for the find TheDude, just finished watching the documentary, Very well done and informative.
    March 1934-July 2016

They just released a crap load of PBS Nova stuff. All of it is great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    Thanks for the find TheDude, just finished watching the documentary, Very well done and informative.
    Its amazing the technology we have today where they can easily find and track someone.

Its amazing the technology we have today where they can easily find and track someone.
    It was eye opening when they put in a command in the computer in New york and said show only all men with red shirts......scary technology if it is used for nefarious means.
    March 1934-July 2016

It was eye opening when they put in a command in the computer in New york and said show only all men with red shirts......scary technology if it is used for nefarious means.
    Oh yes indeed. I thought the heat signature camera was pretty awesome but if they could see him in the boat under the tarp then they could easily see through window blinds wouldn't you think? I sleep right up next to my window and got kinda creeped out thinking Big Brother with his eye in the sky can see everything.

Love netflix instant but I've been buying my plain ol dvds if there isn't something on Netflix Instant I like. Amityville Horror (original) arrives today. They did have that movie but of course, took it off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh yes indeed. I thought the heat signature camera was pretty awesome but if they could see him in the boat under the tarp then they could easily see through window blinds wouldn't you think? I sleep right up next to my window and got kinda creeped out thinking Big Brother with his eye in the sky can see everything.
    That was one of the big issues with the full body scanner employed by TSA....the image basically removes clothes and you can tell who is "well endowed", versus 'normal' folks. Reminds me of the movie Total Recall when the people walked behind a sheet of glass and all the agent saw was skeletons and weapons. Life imitating art I guess. Including the 3 breasted woman. What a lucky guy who marries that chick! lol
    March 1934-July 2016

That was one of the big issues with the full body scanner employed by TSA....the image basically removes clothes and you can tell who is "well endowed", versus 'normal' folks. Reminds me of the movie Total Recall when the people walked behind a sheet of glass and all the agent saw was skeletons and weapons. Life imitating art I guess. Including the 3 breasted woman. What a lucky guy who marries that chick! lol
    If only we had the technology to check skeletons and I don't have to let someone else see my hanglow. 3 Breasted woman might be a problem if she asks you to go buy a bra for her.

If only we had the technology to check skeletons and I don't have to let someone else see my hanglow. 3 Breasted woman might be a problem if she asks you to go buy a bra for her.
    Well I just figured if the technology is there for a triple breasted woman, then the bra technology should follow! I am sounding like a dirty old man
    March 1934-July 2016

Imagine being able to clone someone. I'm going to have an army of Scarlet Johanssons

Have you seen that bizarre movie of hers? It's titled Under The Skin or some such. It's the quietest movie I've ever seen. But she gets naked.

Ok my perv moment is over.
    Last edited by McMorbid; 07-23-2014 at 02:14 PM.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Imagine being able to clone someone. I'm going to have an army of Scarlet Johanssons
    Not me, I want a brigade of Pam Andersons, minus the hep C, she also has to be a mute, can't stand her voice. Also she has to be dated back to Baywatch days.

Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    Have you seen that bizarre movie of hers? It's titled Skin Crawler or some such. It's the quietest movie I've ever seen. But she gets naked.

Ok my perv moment is over.
    Searching for that movie, can't find it. I could dig me some Johansson all nekid.....hehe
    March 1934-July 2016

Yeah its like David Bowie's "The Man who fell to Earth" where she plays an alien sent to Earth to harvest their food, people, she seduces men to sleep with her but they end up becoming alien grub. She's curious about humanity and starts to experiment with becoming human.

The best thing is a lot of the stalking scenes is filmed with hidden cameras and she talks to real people on the street.

Not my cup of tea.

UPDATE: Finished Hell on Wheels with dinner tonight. No spoilers. Except, it was just 10 epis However it has been renewed for season 4. I just have to wait a year to pick it up again.

I am still watching L&O. I sat through 6 seasons waiting for the last epi where Clare is killed in a car wreck so I could watch the first epi of season 7 to see what was said about her death. Well, that fell flat.
    Last edited by cindyt; 07-23-2014 at 06:12 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I don't like nor do I get that about once a month my Silverlight stuff has stopped working & I have to uninstall it & reinstall it....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    I don't like nor do I get that about once a month my Silverlight stuff has stopped working & I have to uninstall it & reinstall it....
    Sometimes a yellow box pops up at the top of a page that says Silverlight has crashed or stopped working, but when I reload the page it starts right back up.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Sometimes a yellow box pops up at the top of a page that says Silverlight has crashed or stopped working, but when I reload the page it starts right back up.
    Yes, this is my experience with Silverlight as well.

The same thing happened to me, and I got tired of it. I spoke to tech support and they told me to uninstall Silverlight through the control panel and then just try to open up a new movie. Silverlight will re-install with the newest version.

hope this works
    March 1934-July 2016

The same thing happened to me, and I got tired of it. I spoke to tech support and they told me to uninstall Silverlight through the control panel and then just try to open up a new movie. Silverlight will re-install with the newest version.

hope this works
    Thanks!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I have really been watching a lot of stuff on Netflix lately! I am actually thinking of getting rid of my cable tv. Anybody think I will regret it?
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

My sweetheart and I just finished the 1st two seasons of "The Killing". Lots of twists and turns, and it's very long and drawn out. Also, because it takes place in Seattle, there's a lot of rain, so it's kind of depressing. I can see why it was canceled, it would be hard to follow on a seasonal basis.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    My sweetheart and I just finished the 1st two seasons of "The Killing". Lots of twists and turns, and it's very long and drawn out. Also, because it takes place in Seattle, there's a lot of rain, so it's kind of depressing. I can see why it was canceled, it would be hard to follow on a seasonal basis.
    The first time I saw the last episode of Rose Larson I felt like I couldn't get clean for a week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Oh yeah! I have been meaning to catch the first 2 seasons. I watched the one with the homeless teens and really enjoyed it. Loved loved LOVED Bullet. So adorable.

My hubby is currently watching Hell On Wheels....I couldn't get into it (probably didn't help that he watched a few episodes while I watched Ouija movie).

Rainbow Brite & Smurfs should be on netflix instant! And there needs to be a play all button.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love me some Hell on Wheels. I also love the Jess Stone movies with Tom Sellec, I've never particularly liked him, but he is good in those films.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

So…I was looking for a movie to watch on Netflix at work today (its Friday and I'm all caught up, don't judge) and I have to say that when I saw this movie in this category, I was slightly amused.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 11.19.57 AM.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	235.3 KB 
ID:	52241
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Quote Originally Posted by miraculousmandarin View Post
    so…i was looking for a movie to watch on netflix at work today (its friday and i'm all caught up, don't judge) and i have to say that when i saw this movie in this category, i was slightly amused.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 11.19.57 AM.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	235.3 KB 
ID:	52241
    roflmao!!!!

"I just go here!"

NetFlix started in Australia last week. A cable movie price war is beginning.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

That should be interesting, Neil. Sissy has DirectTV, but I don't have a TV, so I watch Netflix.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I love watching what I call "nerd tv", and I watch a LOT of it on Netflix. Lately I have been watching this show called Brain Games. Very interesting and night recommended. Some of the stuff they do is seriously mind blowing!
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

Started watching Bloodline not bad but the family dynamic really annoys me, it needs a mercenary team to come in ala The Punisher and clean house.

Started watching Bloodline not bad but the family dynamic really annoys me, it needs a mercenary team to come in ala The Punisher and clean house.
    I saw it offered on my heading and went Uh, no. I wish they would offer Dallas and Knot's Landing, not to mention ER, The Waltons, Little House, St. Elesewhere, and a bunch more I can't recall just now.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I saw it offered on my heading and went Uh, no. I wish they would offer Dallas and Knot's Landing, not to mention ER, The Waltons, Little House, St. Elesewhere, and a bunch more I can't recall just now.
    I've actually seen every episode of the Waltons

His heat sig soaked thru easily because he was in a boat under a tarp that had been outside and was at a cooler temp. They can listen to anything said through the vibrations of your window unless you make the background noise louder and whisper. In a modern home it's harder to use heat sig.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

I've actually seen every episode of the Waltons
    I probably have too--unless I missed a few while I was in collage (we weren't allowed a TV)--but I'd love to see every one of them from start to end again.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Hubby's watching Hawaii 5-0, but I'm waiting impatiently for season three of OITNB.

"I just go here!"

Is he watching the old one or the reboot?

I'm a few epis into Season 5 of Criminal Minds. I have this urge to watch X-Files again and squashed it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD