Page 1 of 15 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: The Oscars

Jazbabee Guest

PvN73 Guest
    This probably reflects on me but I have only seen Eastern Promises movie on this list so far (Sweeney Todd hasnt opened yet and I am DYING to see it!!!) Viggo Mortensen was great in it though - it was a great movie!

I wonder if it will go ahead though! Ohhh

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PvN73 View Post
    This probably reflects on me but I have only seen Eastern Promises movie on this list so far (Sweeney Todd hasnt opened yet and I am DYING to see it!!!) Viggo Mortensen was great in it though - it was a great movie!

I wonder if it will go ahead though! Ohhh
    "Eastern Promises" was AWESOME...you are so right on that one! You'll like "Sweeney Todd" too.

It does seem like a fairly boring year, but I will wager the "best actress" race comes down to Marion Cotillard or Julie Christie. Though I like all the other nominees, their performances were not even in the same league as these two ladies.

Cotillard literally channelled Edith Piaf ("La Vie en Rose")--astounding. And Julie Christie as an Alzheimer's victim ("Away From Her") is one of the most heartbreaking performances I've ever seen. Christie won the Golden Globe, so she's probably got the inside track.

leevancleef Guest
    i want Julie to win it so bad... Go Julie! i love her!

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leevancleef View Post
    i want Julie to win it so bad... Go Julie! i love her!
    ...methinks you won't be disappointed lee...

RaRaRamona Guest
    I haven't seen any of those & I only care to rent a couple...eventually. I really detest these awards shows. I do like the red carpet, of course.

Kugmu Guest
    I hope Roger Deakins wins for Best Cinematography!

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I haven't seen any of those & I only care to rent a couple...eventually. I really detest these awards shows. I do like the red carpet, of course.
    I would highly recommend Eastern Promises - it is a great movie.

Noelle Page Guest

The Oscars

Anyone care? It's on in the background. Does seem like a blah year.

But who knows, maybe someone will streak! Time to revive that fad?

Just saw Sissy Spacek, she has not changed in 30 years, amazing.

Noelle Page Guest
    Guess no one cares so far, lol. I'm alone in here. Dont really blame y'all. I don't even know who's nominated this year.

My gosh, Heidi Klum and Seal are a stunning couple. What a great career and family life she's made for herself. Good for her.

i used to love watching the ocsars, but... this year i dont really feel like it. i think i'll wait and read about the winners tomorrow.
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

PvN73 Guest
    We obviously get a delayed telecast here in Australia and i usually try to avoid knowing who won until I watch it but I am out tonight so can you please let me know who wins?

Thanks!!

Noelle Page Guest
    Geez, EVERYONE's wearing red.

Jennifer Garner (in black) seems like an awfully nice gal. Is she with Ben Affleck? Hmmm...

Daniel Day Lewis has gone gray, not that that's a bad thing.

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Geez, EVERYONE's wearing red.

Jennifer Garner (in black) seems like an awfully nice gal. Is she with Ben Affleck? Hmmm...

Daniel Day Lewis has gone gray, not that that's a bad thing.

Ohh nice red? I love red.

Do tell who the best / worst outfits are please! Thanks, I love that shite

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I didn't see any of the movies this year.

I lost interest in the Oscars a while back. It seems like there are either several really good movies or a bunch that are bleh. I think this is one of the bleh years.

Heidi Klum and Seal always looks so doggone happy and cute together. I quite like them.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    For the fashionistas, here is a link to the Fug Girls of Go Fug Yourself fame live fugging the Oscars.

http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2008/...its_the_r.html

regis is annoying, and jack nicholson should realize he's indoors, take those damn shades off!!! oh but there's my johnny depp..... MMMMM.
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

Grave Wax Guest
    I don't get a vote, so I could not care less.

AND.....

I do not recognize most of the names of the "stars".

I haven't seen any of the movies.

I have not actually watched an Academy Awards program since about 1990.

Noelle Page Guest
    Back in 1972 I cared desparately whether Liza Minnelli or Diana Ross won....now, not so much.

GrinReaper Guest
    I with the so-far majority on here.
    I've seen just one or two movies that are nominated for something.
    That's how it is every year for me.
    Besides, I don't have a TV.

Xtine Guest
    i have only seen Juno. (awesome by the way!)
    i have a bootleg of No Country for Old Men which i may watch in a little bit.

i'm just not interested in watching, but as soon as its over i will be all over the gossip websites.

Noelle Page Guest
    Betcha Heath will be the last face on the "actors we've lost this year" montage....:-(

Warmed Over Guest
    Did Steve Carrell just say "shit"?

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmed Over View Post
    Did Steve Carrell just say "shit"?
    Haaaaaaa I hope so!

Noelle Page Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    Heidi Klum and Seal always looks so doggone happy and cute together. I quite like them.
    She seemed to have a bad love life for awhile--I actually felt kind of sorry for her. I mean, Anthony Keidis?

But she and Seal do seem to be a great match. Read an interview in which Seal said something rather nice-- he had a fractured upbringing, and was seeking a strong family. Heidi had that strong family upbringing, and wanted to replicate it. It drew them together.

Amy Whats'her face is singing that "Enchanted" Happy Working song--UGH UGH UGH!!!! It's like high school talent night.

RLR12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xoxojessicaxoxo View Post
    regis is annoying, and jack nicholson should realize he's indoors, take those damn shades off!!! oh but there's my johnny depp..... MMMMM.
    Yes, Johnny Depp is quite pleasing to the eye........yum! And doesn't he look studious in his glasses!

I'm with whoever said that it's either a lot of good movies or a bunch of blah ones. This year is blah........The only one I saw was Atonement and I personally thought it was pretty damn boring. I couldn't wait to get out of the theater. None of the others sounded all that good either.......

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I read most of the Go Fug Yourself girls comments and they are mostly hilarious. ("will George Clooney wear a potted plant on his head? Likely")

I really want to see Juno. Husband is supposed to find me a bootleg on piratenova whatever it's called.

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    Jennifer Hudson's dress looks horrible on her. Blah. I'm not excited about these Oscars but I'll watch them or have them as background noise.

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. James Dean View Post
    Jennifer Hudson's dress looks horrible on her. Blah. I'm not excited about these Oscars but I'll watch them or have them as background noise.
    I agree, though as usual I loved Cate Blanchett's dress and Hilary Swank's dress looked nice (only saw the top half though)

GrinReaper Guest
    If Michael Moore wins for his great film "Sicko" I wonder what he'll say. Doubtful that this time he'll get booed.

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    If Michael Moore wins for his great film "Sicko" I wonder what he'll say. Doubtful that this time he'll get booed.
    I hope he wins, we need some controversy here to make these Oscars interesting!!!

Dying Breath Guest
    Regis did a fabulous job on the red carpet... that interview with the "biggest fan of the red carptet" that had been there from 1986.. classic tv.. puts him up there with Johnny Carson and Steve Allan.. he just blows me away with his self promotion....

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Perez Hilton already has lots of the outfits up.

Wow, Anne Hathaway needs some spray on tan.

Or to come out of her crypt more often.

PvN73 Guest
    Perez Hilton already has lots of the outfits up.

Wow, Anne Hathaway needs some spray on tan.

Or to come out of her crypt more often.
    Her head looks too big for her.

Cameron Diaz not so good this year.

Ron Burgundy Guest
    Tilda Swinton looked like someone the dog dug up.

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soundqcar View Post
    I know! I think she mixed her dress for her garbage bag! (Gosh I sound like such a bitch but I am not - if you wear it at the oscars then I can judge it)

So far -

Javier Bardem became the first ever Spanish winner of an acting Oscar, picking up the best supporting actor award for his portrayal of a psychopathic hitman in No Country for Old Men.

I saw the preview to this movie - he was scary!

Garbage dress wearer Tilda Swinton .. best supporting actress

Dying Breath Guest
    Cameron is destined to look like Magda from "Something about Mary"..

RLR12 Guest
    Well, guess the dog dug her up to give her her Oscar cause she won for best supporting.......

Mrs. Watson Guest
    My hair when I get out of bed looks better than Cameron's did. Nice tan marks, too. BAD color choice for her.

Jennifer Hudson looks like her boobs must hurt all squished up in that thing. Very unflattering. She's a lovely bigger girl with beautiful skin, why not a rich jewel tone, show that off? Emerald or cobalt? White, so unflattering on so many people.

RLR12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dying Breath View Post
    Cameron is destined to look like Magda from "Something about Mary"..
    Yikes! That is harsh......Haven't seen her yet but now I'm rather curious.....

pvezz Guest
    Damn - you guys sucked me into watching - LOL

Mrs. Watson Guest
    What the hell does Nicole Kidman have draped all over her chest? A diamond dog harness?

Her hair looks pretty, though.

Ron Burgundy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RLR12 View Post
    Well, guess the dog dug her up to give her her Oscar cause she won for best supporting.......
    You don't say....

That was her on stage in her bathrobe.

PvN73 Guest
    Ratatoullie won also for best animated movie

PvN73 Guest
    You don't say....

That must have been her on stage.
    Are you watching it as well BOB? Are you in your PJs?

PJLL

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I don't like Jessica Alba but the color of her dress is beautiful.

Someone give John Travolta's wife a sandwich, quick.

Ron Burgundy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PvN73 View Post
    Are you watching it as well BOB? Are you in your PJs?

PJLL
    Boxers....and nuthin else.

...and yes, I always watch every year.

poppie Guest
    As soon as I saw Regis, I changed the TV channel. What a fricking dud!!!!!!!!!!!

PvN73 Guest
    I don't like Jessica Alba but the color of her dress is beautiful.

Someone give John Travolta's wife a sandwich, quick.
    Would the Scientologists want her to have the sandwhich though? Mind control is easier if you are hungry!

Yes her dress colouring was beautiful, she carries it well.

PvN73 Guest
    Boxers....and nuthin else.

...and yes, I always watch every year.
    Watch or PERV? haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Boxers you say.. nothin else you say... well well well, I know someone who would love to watch it with you - PJL!

Best Adapted Screenplay: Joel and Ethan Coen, for No Country For Old Men, from the novel by Cormac McCarthy.