Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Celebrity's childrens names...have they no shame?

Aardvarkian Guest

Celebrity's childrens names...have they no shame?

What's with these people? Whatever happened to names like Bob, or Jack, or Susan, etc., etc.? Don't these parents realize what kind of ridicule their crumb-crushers are gonna suffer from the other kids at school and such? Lest they forget...kids can be very cruel.
    Here are a few for example:

Fifi Trixibell: Bob Geldof and Paula Yates (also parents to Peaches and Pixie)

Kal-El Coppola: Nicholas Cage (Kal-El is Supermanâ??s original birth name)

Pilot Inspektor: Jason Lee and Beth Riesgraf

Sage Moonblood: Sylvester Stallone and Sasha Czack (also parents to Seargeoh)

Blue Angel: U2â??s The Edge and Aislinn Oâ??Sullivan

Bluebell Madonna:
    Geri Halliwell

Morons!

Vamp Guest
    Apple Martin is right up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    Apple Martin is right up there.
    you beat me to it!

David Bowie - Zowie!!! Kid changed his name to Joe - can't blame him there!

Moxie Crimefighter- Penn Gilette's daughter
    Audio Science- Shannon Sossamon's son
    Banjo- Rachael Griffith's son
    Jermajesty- Jermaine Jackson's son

melmoney Guest
    I like Bono's son Elijah Bob Patricius Guggi Q

I actually like a lot of these unusual names. I went to school with a couple kids with weird names and they were some of the coolest, most unique kids at school and whether or not it's related I think their names had something to do with it.

Apple is one of my favorites.

Bob Geldolf has a couple of other daughters - Peaches and Pixie. I don't mind unusual names but some names are just stupid!!!

Ugh, wasn't Frank Zappa's daughter named Moon Unit? Ridiculous. Her brother had it a tad better with Dweezil...
    And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted--nevermore!

Quote Originally Posted by el gato malo View Post
    Ugh, wasn't Frank Zappa's daughter named Moon Unit? Ridiculous. Her brother had it a tad better with Dweezil...
    And their brother Ahmet and sister Diva.

I think it is even Diva Muffin.

Anthony Kedis just named his son Everly Bear.

NOVSTORM Guest
    My SIL wants his kids initials to be BFD. Benjamin Franklin D. I think it is stupid.
    I took all kinds of shit for naming my kid Dustine and calling her Dusti, but it is a popular southern name as is Shelby.
    I think people who name their kids apple and dweezel have no respect or concern for their kids and how they are going to be teased by classmates. It is disrespectful to the child. They should give their kids a decent name and if they want to call them something weird as a nick name go for it but donlt do this kindof stuff to a baby you are supposed to love .

erin Guest
    parents who name their kids these weird names are so stupid. they don't have any regard for the feelings of the child. i wanted to name my daughter lily, a nice name thta normally wouldn't get made fun of, but my last name is fields. i just couldn't do that to her.

Rudy's Girl Guest
    Recently soap actor Ingo Rachemacher named his new son, "Peanut Kai".....

Noelle Page Guest
    I don't think these kids will catch much crap at all. First off, they're celebrity kids. They live in a different world.

Second, I think kids are more tolerant in general these days. They're certainly taught to be. A boy in my son's class is named Osama....gets no grief whatsoever. Nobody cares.

IrishBabe Guest
    Rachael Griffiths ~ Banjo

Lance Henrickson ~ Alcamy

Michael Hutchence and Paula Yates ~ Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily

John Mellancamp ~ Spec Wildhorse

Jamie Oliver ~ Poppy Honey and Daisy Boo

"Puck" from the Real World ~ Bogart Che Peyote and Rocco Kokopelli

Ving Rhames ~ Reignbeau

Robert Rodriguez ~ Rocket Valentin (son), Racer Maximilliano (son), Rebel Antonio (son), Rogue (son), Rhiannon (daughter)

Vanilla Ice ~ Dusti Raine and Keelee Breeze

hoxharding Guest
    You forgot 'Stereo Audio' that Shoshayn or whatever her name is gave her kid.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishBabe View Post
    Rachael Griffiths ~ Banjo

Lance Henrickson ~ Alcamy

Michael Hutchence and Paula Yates ~ Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily

John Mellancamp ~ Spec Wildhorse

Jamie Oliver ~ Poppy Honey and Daisy Boo

"Puck" from the Real World ~ Bogart Che Peyote and Rocco Kokopelli

Ving Rhames ~ Reignbeau

Robert Rodriguez ~ Rocket Valentin (son), Racer Maximilliano (son), Rebel Antonio (son), Rogue (son), Rhiannon (daughter)

Vanilla Ice ~ Dusti Raine and Keelee Breeze
    Someone actually had sex with Puck?

On the radio here they said that Tommy Mottola's third wife Thalia named their daughter Sabrina Sakae.

Sakae is nice-sounding, and the original meaning of the kanji means prosperity, but it's also the name of the main shopping/entertainment district in Nagoya. Kinda like naming your kid "Jennifer Rodeo Drive" or something. heh.

pvezz Guest
    Michael Jackson's son is named "Blanket".

I win.

MJ's second son is named Prince Michael II, because her older brother is Prince Michael I, but he is called Blanket as a nickname.

I've got a great awful name, but it's not from a celebrity child. It's still worth posting, though. A friend of mine worked at a bank and a mother came in to open an account for her daughter. When she gave the daughter's name, my friend asked her to repeat it a few times because she wanted to make sure the spelling was right. The woman said her daughter's name was Payjamayah. That's how my friend was spelling it. Unfortunately, that spelling was incorrect. The mother found her daughter's name in the Sears catalouge and thought it was just so pretty she had to name her daughter it. She pronounced it Payjamayah, in reality, the child's name was pajama.

Chevyheaven Guest
    What is Apples siblings named? Apple Martin and who?

IrishBabe Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevyheaven View Post
    What is Apples siblings named? Apple Martin and who?
    Moses.

don't_axe_me Guest
    Someone actually had sex with Puck?
    That's exactly what I was thinking!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mistydawn View Post
    I've got a great awful name, but it's not from a celebrity child. It's still worth posting, though. A friend of mine worked at a bank and a mother came in to open an account for her daughter. When she gave the daughter's name, my friend asked her to repeat it a few times because she wanted to make sure the spelling was right. The woman said her daughter's name was Payjamayah. That's how my friend was spelling it. Unfortunately, that spelling was incorrect. The mother found her daughter's name in the Sears catalouge and thought it was just so pretty she had to name her daughter it. She pronounced it Payjamayah, in reality, the child's name was pajama.

LOL! My mother told me one about a woman who named her daughter Female (pronounced it "Feh-ma-lee") because that's what it said on her birth certificate. Sounds like an urban legand to me, though.

don't_axe_me Guest
    My dad went to school with an Argyle, and they pronounced it "AR- jil-lee"

Quote Originally Posted by madeline View Post
    And their brother Ahmet and sister Diva.
    I didn't know they had four kids! I remember when he named his daughter Moon Unit and it was big news for about fifteen minutes. That was the first time I remember ever looking at someone's name and wondering what drugs their parents were on when it came time to name the kid.
    Just drink lots of Kool-Aid, and take one of these blue pills three times a day.

leevancleef Guest
    JERMAJESTY??!! For fucks sake!

Peter Andre and Katie Price "Jordan"'s daughter is Princess Tiammii.

Toni Braxton's boy is named Diezel Ky, and Robert Rodriguez has a son whose name is ROCKET.

onekindsistah Guest
    What about Matt Mconoughy's(sp?) brother Rooster who named his kid Miller Lyte?

I'm for some unusual names but that's a little too much. I actually think it's weird when families all have the same names.

harlequin_clown Guest
    Well when you're name is Rooster (is that his real name?) where else can you go?

My name is Christie, no......not a bad name but when I'm 90 my name will be Christie. Can you imagine a 90 year old "Christie" with support hose and depends on? Of course I will be sharing the nursing home with Heather's and Tiffany's.

pattykad Guest
    Spec Wildhorse?? Really?

I like a few odd names and I think that these below are actually pretty
    cool, in fact I know a Rogue Sr and Rogue Jr which IMO is a great name.

but who IS Robert Rodriguez?

Reecy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne View Post
    Bob Geldolf has a couple of other daughters - Peaches and Pixie. I don't mind unusual names but some names are just stupid!!!
    Hey.... I have a dog name Trixie.

Noelle Page Guest
    What annoys me about celeb kid names is the premise behind them:

"I'm different and special. Therefore my kids must have different, special names."

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pattykad View Post
    Spec Wildhorse?? Really?

I like a few odd names and I think that these below are actually pretty
    cool, in fact I know a Rogue Sr and Rogue Jr which IMO is a great name.

but who IS Robert Rodriguez?
    Film Director: Desperado, From dusk til Dawn....

Noelle Page Guest
    I do like Violet (Affleck) and Vivienne (Pitt)....old-fashioned, that's me.

And I think Lourdes is a meaningful name.

xenaswolf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    What annoys me about celeb kid names is the premise behind them:

"I'm different and special. Therefore my kids must have different, special names."

Wow, celebrities think that too? I though it was just every parent! Truth be told, I would guess most parents thought long and hard about what to name their kids, cuz they are different and special

Noelle Page Guest
    Agree, all kids are different and special. with celebs, though, more narcissism involved.

xenaswolf Guest
    True that But if I had a momma that looked like Angelina Jolie, she could call me any thing she pleased LOL

hotmama Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by herekittykitty View Post
    On the radio here they said that Tommy Mottola's third wife Thalia named their daughter Sabrina Sakae.

Sakae is nice-sounding, and the original meaning of the kanji means prosperity, but it's also the name of the main shopping/entertainment district in Nagoya. Kinda like naming your kid "Jennifer Rodeo Drive" or something. heh.
    someone is still fucking old ass tommy mottola??? now they need to stop!!

Quote Originally Posted by onekindsistah View Post
    What about Matt Mconoughy's(sp?) brother Rooster who named his kid Miller Lyte?

I'm for some unusual names but that's a little too much. I actually think it's weird when families all have the same names.
    Rooster? ROFL Sorry, I got distracted for a second...

Didn't Matthew McConaughey just name his newborn son, Levi Strauss? Sounds like somebody wants some free jeans. Weird names must be a tradition in that family.

MandyLynn Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by harlequin_clown View Post
    Well when you're name is Rooster (is that his real name?) where else can you go?

My name is Christie, no......not a bad name but when I'm 90 my name will be Christie. Can you imagine a 90 year old "Christie" with support hose and depends on? Of course I will be sharing the nursing home with Heather's and Tiffany's.

Im with you, my name is Mandy.. not Amanda, Mandy... Mandy Lynn to be exact... wtf.. when Im old, its so going to sound stripper-ish. I like it now, but what about then?

A patient of ours was named............Rocky Hudson!
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...

sheri Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    I don't think these kids will catch much crap at all. First off, they're celebrity kids. They live in a different world.

Second, I think kids are more tolerant in general these days. They're certainly taught to be. A boy in my son's class is named Osama....gets no grief whatsoever. Nobody cares.
    cant imagine that he would...poor kid though...kinda reminds me that barack obama's middle name is hussein...i kid you not....sheesh...but hey at least its a middle name and no one said he had to tell anyone or actually use it for anything....kinda like w my son...he has 2 middle names...only because his father (my ex hubby) is filipino/hispanic and well you get the idea about the mile long name...my daughter got a real generic first name, 1 middle name...my son's first name is Cody...father gave me 10 fits about not naming Cody a Jr...um no not give what ex's first name is no thanks....

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hotmama View Post
    someone is still fucking old ass tommy mottola??? now they need to stop!!
    I hear you, but hes not that old as i thought!! i thought he was 70 or so but hes already in his 50s, 59 exactly.

Deathgoddess Guest
    I love unusual names, as long as it means something to the parents i think it is awesome. I have an unusual name myself and when i was younger i didn't appreciate it as much, but now i realize how unique it makes me.

I actually get more irritated when i hear of parents naming their kids Bob or Jane or something completely unoriginal. It seems like they didn't take any time to think about their kid or the type of personality they may have.

Everything comes in cycles though, and like someone else posted, the vintage names are coming back, so pretty soon all the young people will be Harold's and Mildred's and the old people will be Jennifer's and Carson's and Blake's.

hollywoodsaint Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aardvarkian View Post

Kal-El Coppola: Nicholas Cage (Kal-El is Supermanâ??s original birth name)

Kal El = Best name ever.. How cool will it be for that kid to walk around knowing that he was named after Superman; i'd be bragging all over the playground.

'Jermajesty' IMO is the worst.. but it's so bad that it's almost good...

hollywoodsaint Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoddess View Post
    I love unusual names, as long as it means something to the parents i think it is awesome. I have an unusual name myself and when i was younger i didn't appreciate it as much, but now i realize how unique it makes me.

i find that to be the case quite often among people i know with 'different' names; i wish i had an unusual name.

don't_axe_me Guest
    kinda reminds me that barack obama's middle name is hussein
    If I'm correct, that's not the name he was given at birth....he chose it.

sheri Guest
    Bruce Willis and Demi Moore named their kids: Rumer, Tallulah, and I cant remember the other one.

John Travolta named his son: Jett (this is the one that has autism but John's in denial, or so Ive heard/read).