Thread: Jennifer Stahl (Carnegie Deli murders)

AFoolandHisMonkey Guest

Jennifer Stahl (Carnegie Deli murders)

(Did a search on this and didn't find anything... sorry if it's a duplicate!)

I was in New York this weekend and found myself staying around the corner from the Carnegie Deli. The difference between me and my bf: He thinks "sandwiches!" and I think "multiple murder!"

Anyway, didn't have time to go there, but I was reminded of this case from 2001: Two guys went to an apt above the Deli that belonged to Jennifer Stahl, a former actress (an extra in "Dirty Dancing") who ran a pot-dealing business. They shot and killed her and several of her friends; two people were shot but lived.

Yeah, she was dealing drugs, but she sounds like a decent person (apparently she provided a lot to ppl with HIV/AIDS). A friend of mine knew the guy who was killed who was from Boston. The idea of someone coming to your house, lining you up on the floor, and shooting everyone.... Especially if you're just visiting, like her friends were... brrrr.

Here's a good article on Jennifer and her death from The Village Voice:

http://www.villagevoice.com/2001-05-...nja-woman/full

Bozarth Guest
    wow. I never heard that story! thanks for that bit of info!

AFoolandHisMonkey Guest
    It was in the news here b/c of the Boston connection... freaky. The two guys who did it got convicted. There's another VV article from 2005 on how one of the trial jurors is now "friends" with one of the killers (who claims, of course, that the other guy pulled the trigger...)

mel306 Guest
    I had forgotten about this one. Nice post.

NOVSTORM Guest
    So was she just a dealer or was she a medical MJ person?

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    I didn't know about this either! Who knew the Carnegie was yet another death hag 'point of interest'!? I love that place!

AFoolandHisMonkey Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    So was she just a dealer or was she a medical MJ person?
    Acc to the VV article:

"She provided medical marijuana free of charge to AIDS patients and cancer sufferers, and even paid messengers to carry the weed in brown paper bags to sick users... Jen was also a dealer to casts and crews of several Broadway shows, where she would appear at the stage door herself once a week to fill their orders. According to her own account, she made weekly visits to NBC's Today Show and Late Night With Conan O'Brien as well as serving the crew of Cats before it closed."

Tebssis Guest
    This is a terribly sad story. She sounded like a nice person, if she gave away the stuff to people that probably really needed it. And her poor friends, wrong place at the wrong time.

Ghoulie Girl Guest
    that was a great story-thanks so much for the post

Great post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"Being Dead: It Can Really Take a Toll on Your Social Life"

I just found out about her b/c of the Patrick Swayze/Dirty Dancing connection. Sad story, but this is what happens when you deal drugs...

lab_rat Guest
    I remember her from the movie!