Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Police investigate US mass murder

discod Guest

Police investigate US mass murder

Seven people have been found murdered and two injured at a mobile home park in the US state of Georgia.
    Glynn County Police Chief Matt Doering called it the worst mass killing in his 25 years of police work in this coastal Georgia county. He wouldn't say how the victims died.
    A family member called police on Saturday after discovering the bodies inside a dingy mobile home.
    At an afternoon news conference, Doering declined to say whether police believe the killer was among the dead or remained at large. No arrests had been made.
    The two injured victims were taken to a Savannah hospital and were in critical condition, Doering said.
    Some of the victims had been tentatively identified, but Doering would not release any names or ages.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

pvezz Guest
    The next-door neighbor didn't hear anything? How do you kill 7 people and no one hears anything??

Yup. I've been keeping up with it. Brunswick is in South Georgia near Fort Stewart.
    Last edited by cindyt; 08-30-2009 at 01:18 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    The next-door neighbor didn't hear anything? How do you kill 7 people and no one hears anything??
    Especially in a trailer park.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

John Connor Guest
    That must have been one crowded trailer.

Yeah, John, it must have been. I saw a pic of it and it looked like a single wide. I'd be interested to know if they were all living there or if some were visitors. I hope none were children.

Edit: It appears they were all from the same family. And I don't think it's too much of a stretch to think the man they are holding for police obstruction and tampering with evidence did it. IDK. But why would an innocent man obstruct and tamper?
    Last edited by cindyt; 08-30-2009 at 01:20 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

RubySlippers Guest
    i thought they said the victims ranged from children to middle aged adults.

At least three were young children.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    that is what i thought.

pvezz Guest
    Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    i thought they said the victims ranged from children to middle aged adults.
    OMG. I must have missed that.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

pistolpete Guest
    stay out of trailer parks aka Darwin's Garden

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    See also: Manson murders. I don't get it either.

pvezz Guest
    Here's the trailer:

sunshine74137 Guest
    That trailer...Ewwwww

John Connor Guest
    He may have used a knife when they were sleeping. Slit their throats like unsuspecting piglets. I'm sure the guy was whacked on meth. Seems to be the way nowadays.

RubySlippers Guest
    yikes @ "unsuspecting piglets"

sunshine74137 Guest
    Unsuspecting Piglets would be a nice name for a band

hoxharding Guest
    I swore I just read someone said someone opened the door and started shooting.
    How could there not be a witness if something like that happened? How could it not be heard by at least one person?
    There has to be at least one witness who isn't talking or the police are keeping
    secret.

sunshine74137 Guest
    I don't understand the reason for keeping cause of death a secret?

Long Gone Day Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine74137 View Post
    That trailer...Ewwwww
    Some sad looking home, huh? I think a teepee would be better. They've got some great ones. I wonder if some of those new teepees cost more or less than a trailer.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    But why would an innocent man obstruct and tamper?
    It sounds to me like he was getting his drugs.

Here's the trailer:

Wow they said squalid - they really meant it.

Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    I swore I just read someone said someone opened the door and started shooting.
    A neighbor in the trailer park said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Gone Day View Post
    Some sad looking home, huh? I think a teepee would be better. They've got some great ones. I wonder if some of those new teepees cost more or less than a trailer.
    Even a toilet might be better

7 dead in a trailer park? I hereby dub the murderer "The Tornado".
    The cruel, uneventful state
    of apathy releases me
    I value them but I won't cry every time one's wiped out

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lardass View Post
    7 dead in a trailer park? I hereby dub the murderer "The Tornado".
    ::giggling under the desk::

I feel bad for laughing b/c kids died.

discod Guest
    How could society allow any child to live in that dump....again where were the child protection people surely that is some kind of abuse being made to live like that.

sunshine74137 Guest
    Do we know that that was their home?

pvezz Guest
    Do we know that that was their home?

I copied the photo from MSN so I'm assuming so.

I don't think it's fair, though, to assume there was abuse going on just because they were poor.

sunshine74137 Guest

I don't think it's fair, though, to assume there was abuse going on just because they were poor.
    True but you can still pick up your trash looks like there was a lot of junky junk around and under it. True trailer trash.

RaRaRamona Guest

I don't think was physical abuse b/c they were poor but there was certainly some kind of hygiene abuse - that is mold covering the trailer. Poor and clean don't have to be mutually exclusive. That's just ridiculous. And the trash, as Sunshine said, & the mess - again, I quote the article - "squalid conditions."

sunshine74137 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I don't think was physical abuse b/c they were poor but there was certainly some kind of hygiene abuse - that is mold covering the trailer. Poor and clean don't have to be mutually exclusive. That's just ridiculous. And the trash, as Sunshine said, & the mess - again, I quote the article - "squalid conditions."
    yeah if that was where I had to live I'd hope someone would shoot me

yeah if that was where I had to live I'd hope someone would shoot me
    Im sure thats what the kids living there were thinking. Please God let someone come in and kill us.

pvezz Guest
    Im sure thats what the kids living there were thinking. Please God let someone come in and kill us.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Oh, that Ich - such bright side.

Remember Wonderland?

Quote Originally Posted by pistolpete View Post
    stay out of trailer parks aka Darwin's Garden

Unsuspecting Piglets would be a nice name for a band
    Thanks, Sunshine! I'd forgotten what it looks like when you spew Pepsi all over the screen. It looks like a huge laugh!!

djdeath-hag Guest
    For what it is worth....and that is not much, the exterior of homes in the humid southeastern states can become moldy, especially if shaded by liveoak trees. The north side of my house (which happens to be concrete block) grows mold, due to the large oak tree that shades that side. I'll reserve judgement of the victims...which is especially easy for me, having once lived in a "trailer" with 8 other family members. Never once did I wish for someone to kill me because of where we lived....for other reasons, perhaps but not for lack of living in a grander home. RIP to these victims.

discod Guest
    I never said physical abuse and of course because people are poor it does not mean they are being abused but living in squalor if thats what it is inside is not looking after your children correctly.
    If they are poor enough to be living like that then where the children properly clothed,fed,educuated,washed and so on.

Harleycat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    For what it is worth....and that is not much, the exterior of homes in the humid southeastern states can become moldy, especially if shaded by liveoak trees. The north side of my house (which happens to be concrete block) grows mold, due to the large oak tree that shades that side. I'll reserve judgement of the victims...which is especially easy for me, having once lived in a "trailer" with 8 other family members. Never once did I wish for someone to kill me because of where we lived....for other reasons, perhaps but not for lack of living in a grander home. RIP to these victims.
    True..I'm in the Northeast, near the shore, and we get a small amount of mold on the house each year that hubby has to power wash off.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Mold is dangerous & causes health problems. I'm not talking black mold either. Your regular, every day variety is still bad news. I am not allergic (thank goodness! It's the only thing...) but I know plenty of people who are. And the mold isn't the only thing going on there either.

No one said they deserved to be killed b.c they had a dirty house. BUT I do wonder what the inside looks like if the outside looks like that.

ChargerBill Guest
    BUT I do wonder what the inside looks like if the outside looks like that.
    Slightly to moderately bloody.

sunshine74137 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargerBill View Post

Goldy Guest
    No, you di'n't! HAHAHAHA!!!!

sunshine74137 Guest
    http://www.jacksonville.com/news/met..._county_charge

Update, Hoping the grandson can tell something, that poor kid

RaRaRamona Guest
    Booooooooo

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/met..._county_charge

Update, Hoping the grandson can tell something, that poor kid

BRUNSWICK â?? At least some of the victims of Saturday's mobile home massacre were beaten to death, according to chilling cries from a 911 caller who is the son of one of the dead.

That changes my plans for the week a bit. No joke in another window I am looking at my fave recipe for Brunswick stew. I htink I'll wait till next week.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Is anyone else confused by how they are related? I can't get it straight. I give up.

1karenhb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldy View Post
    No, you di'n't! HAHAHAHA!!!!
    Oh yes he did That's our Bill!

sunshine74137 Guest
    Is anyone else confused by how they are related? I can't get it straight. I give up.
    Here's what I get RaRa,

Guy Heinze- drug guy who called 911

The dead are--
    Father--Guy Heinze Sr.
    Stepmom--? Not sure of her name
    Uncle, Guy Sr.'s Brother--Rusty Toler
    Four of rusty's children, one of which was his 22 yr. old daughter Chrissy Toler.

The one survivor--Chrissy's son, Rusty's grandson, He's in the hospitol in critical condition

That's what I think is the connection as far as I can tell
    Last edited by sunshine74137; 08-31-2009 at 12:38 PM.

Wow they said squalid - they really meant it.
    Nice deck though