Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1522232425 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 1234

Thread: Commercials We Hate

Good cause or not, it's hard to imagine a more annoying commercial than this.

https://vimeo.com/116673988

Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    Jennifer Aniston is a pretty woman, but she hides her chin with her hand a lot. Also, her big diamond ring looks like a piece of broken glass, no sparkle.
    She's OK, I don't care much one way or the other. ITA about the big ugly engagement ring... dull and boring. Her new wedding ring is just as boring... looks like it came from some mall jeweler. Certainly nothing special, except maybe to her, so I guess that's all that matters.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Have any of you seen the tampax tampon commerical with the happy chick zooming down the waterslide?

Who..in..their ..right..mind...thought that was a fabulous idea? Like what woman batteling hormones, mood swings, & cramps from hell would be in any condition to happily go down a waterslide during her monthly week of torment?

Any and all ED commercials. Seriously, how many of these do we need??? *gag*
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

PurrPurr Guest

Cottonelle's "Commando Clean" commercials. My first reaction was "Are these people serious?"

Those commando commercials are so fucking dumb. I never go commando but it's not because I'm afraid to because my ass isn't clean enough because I don't use Cottonelle. If there are people walking around who can't figure out how to clean their butt enough with any old toilet paper I'm scared for humanity.

all 4 of those up there ^^^. but esp the ED commercials!!. i literally switch the channel. now they have pretty women doing them. UGH! gross and what man doesn't know that there is those pills? c'mon man. i just wonder what ppl tell their little kids when it pops on. "daddy what's a erection?" ugh

I so agree about those 'go commando' commercials. I guess the English accent is supposed to make it less crude. I think that the heartburn product commercial with the redneck should do these commercials...

Didya jus take a big ol dump, ya eejet? Wouldja take off yer tighty whities? Whadjoo just say to me, ya fagget? (bash, head slam gun shot police sirens- turn on the news, high speed chase)

If the feminine hygiene commercial, constipation and erectile dysfunction related commercials made now days were on when we were kids, we would have died of embarrassment. we would be so humiliated if our mothers were in the room watching TV with us. Kotex commercials would make me freeze up, partially because my mother never told me anything about puberty, periods or sex. Ex-Lax was a commercial I remember, and kids in school could just die laughing over it.

When I was in 5th grade, my mother finally told me this: There is going to be a 'movie' at school tomorrow. (she hands me the signed permission slip) - Pay Attention. Thank God I had an older sister who told me a little bit. Most of the sex education in the 60's came from telling each other dirty jokes!

Quote Originally Posted by duchessmary View Post
    Any and all ED commercials. Seriously, how many of these do we need??? *gag*
    Exactly. I've had enough of that whistling man Bob. Nothing like watching TV with your young son on a Saturday AFTERNOON and having to explain ED to him. Schmoo was around ten or eleven and we were watching TV while Little Bit napped. I was at least grateful for the small miracle of her napping.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    Those commando commercials are so fucking dumb. I never go commando but it's not because I'm afraid to because my ass isn't clean enough because I don't use Cottonelle. If there are people walking around who can't figure out how to clean their butt enough with any old toilet paper I'm scared for humanity.
    This is one of the reasons I do not miss "regular" TV. Yeah, Hulu has commercials, but so far they haven't been the annoying ones like the "Cottonelle commando" ones or the ED ones.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

I reallyyyyy hate the Sonic comms. those idiot guys are effin annoying. can't wait till those jerk offs aren't on the screen anymore.

I know this is a thread for commercials we hate, but my favorite commercials are with someone getting tackled. This one needs to make a come back:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...A8E7D5980E190F
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    I know this is a thread for commercials we hate, but my favorite commercials are with someone getting tackled. This one needs to make a come back:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...A8E7D5980E190F
    That was back when they made Jack out to be a bad ass. I like him better back then.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

luckyinlove Guest
    The new Coneheads commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    I reallyyyyy hate the Sonic comms. those idiot guys are effin annoying. can't wait till those jerk offs aren't on the screen anymore.
    LOL you aren't the only one I've heard say that. I am in the minority. I like those two for the most part, except the one where the passenger was naming shakes after his ex girlfriends. The one about the candy slushes (the long version) where he asks his buddy if he's in the candy store alone, his mom isn't there, and it's a trap cracks up me. So does the new cake milkshakes where the guy gives him the straw as a present and he's like "is it a watch?!" And the one about hot dogs, where the guy asks which is is favorite and the driver says he can't choose, that's like choosing your favorite child, then decides on the Chicago dog because it doesn't all mouthy at bath time and repeat everything he says to her mother. Lol I don't know why I think they are funny. The food/drinks look disgusting 9/10 though.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyinlove View Post
    The new Coneheads commercials.
    I don't think I've seen those but I am guessing I would not like them!

Another one just came on that I can't stand. It's the ones for Rev sandwiches with the lady saying "I. Think. I. Can..... I. Think. I. Can.... I think I can. I thinkIcanIthinkIcanIthinkIcan.... I knew I could." First of all they freak me out in the beginning because it sounds like an artificial voice and those freak me out when I'm trying to sleep and then it's just annoying. And No, you didn't know you could, you THOUGHT you could like you said 8999 times. Fuck off!

navallint Guest
    Hardee's, sexist assholes. They sell a different kind of meat then goes on a burger. Enough said: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0fT1Dz_y7Q

There's been some mention of radio commercials-- in work we are allowed to listen to radios, and most of my day involves AM talk radio like WABC... So one gets a whole slew of irritating "Kars for Kids" adverts (3 versions of the annoying theme song, including a hideous country/western version; I turn it down pronto with the first noisy twangs.)

Even MORE versions of "You don't have to be perfect to be a perfect parent"-- yeah, right, you don't have to be perfect, but perfectly clueless and/or dangerous ain't what the kids need either...

Two competing "miracle whole vegetable" pill supplements with garbled phoned-in "endorsements" ("Until I started taking *whatever*. I suffered from pneumonia, cancer, arthritis, MS, and horrible halitosis every winter"). There used to be similar commercials for a pet supplement that also promised to cure one's beasts, including that dreaded halitosis.

There used to be a lot of PSAs for "If you see something, say something" which involved a phone call from a concerned citizen who kept repeating "I saw something at the train station" without being specific about which something she saw, but she said "It MIGHT be something!" so the helpful NSA guy tells her "it may be nothing but it may be SOMETHING" so they'll come and check her "something" out. Whatever.

Almost forgot the "Visit the forest" PSAs, with giggling and general cluelessness ("Is that a vacuum cleaner?" and incredulous boy asks his wise little girl friend. "No, it's the wind.") If people behave like THAT in the forest, they'll scare all the wildlife away, or become the wildlife's main course.

Another not-fave PSA was supposed to promote science for girls by making the little daughter a smart-ass who gives her father a lengthy scientific explanation for why the sky is blue. When he asks the kid where she learned all this she says (with a smirk that can be imagined) "Mommy." (I can picture the Dad thinking, "that castrating bitch.")

A truly annoying custom is to repeat basically the SAME commercial twice in a row. They used to do this with Geico commercials (with the Gecko voice.)

And since most listeners of talk radio are presumed to be at least over 40 (and usually far beyond), of course there are slews of local ads for ED doctors, alternative cancer doctors, really swell hospitals usually way out of my insurance network, hearing-loss services (?), hair-restoring serums, etc.
    Last edited by Linnie; 09-28-2015 at 08:19 PM.

luckyinlove Guest
    Kars for Kids KILLS me!

Kars for Kids obviously hired satan for their ad campaigns.

luckyinlove Guest
    There's an SNL sketch from lasts season that mentioned K4K. Pretty funny.

Bidmor Guest
    The commercials for phone game Cookie Jam, or whatever its called. Idiotic ads, especially the first one depicting three adults ostensibly licking a class case with cookies inside, then going into orgasmic ecstasy when winning a game.

A new ad is out now, with a guy in a giant cookie bursting a hair salon and tossing phones to three women who are under hair dryers, telling them they look bored so have some fun. Commercial ends with idiot in cookie costume under a hair dryer complaining "ok, I'm melting here...I'm really melting". Oh how hilarious. Sheesh! Reminds me of one of Groucho Marx's quotes: I find television very educational. Whenever someone turns it on, I go into another room a read a book.

The other ad is the new Go Daddy "I'm a tool". Yeah he's a tool alright.

I hate the commercials that go on for a really long time, like the one for a pill that gets rid of belly fat.

Is anyone else offended by the use of the image of the destruction of the space station for a letgo commercial. Can they get anymore disrespectful?
    Last edited by Jerseysucks; 02-09-2016 at 11:27 AM.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerseysucks View Post
    Is anyone else offended by the use of the image of the destruction of the space station for a buy it now (I think) commercial. Can they get anymore disrespectful?
    You mean this one? I found it stupid as all get out.

Puppy Monkey Baby
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    You mean this one? I found it stupid as all get out.

Yes that's the one. Hey let's show an accident of the space station exploding killing everyone on board and all this asshat is thinking is hey I've had this amplifier since I was a teenager, I'll be sucked out into the void of space or what's left of me. Hey captain take a picture of this amplifier and sell it.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Puppy Monkey Baby
    uggghh i hated that one

Puppy Monkey Baby
    Yep, I knew that one would make it to this list.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

PurrPurr Guest
    Puppy Monkey Baby
    Whoever came up with that idea needs Gibbs-smacked on the head.

I haven't seen Puppy Monkey Baby but they did a whole segment about how horrible and creepy it was on the radio. Then their question of the day was what did you like better PMB or some wiener dog. I have no idea what that's about either but 100% of the people said the wiener dog.

The one I can't stand is the Geico commercial with the guys in the gym, with the brotato chip, and brofessor, brothis, brothat, whatever, it's gross and creepy too.

AB, agree about the bro this and that one...totally creepy!!
    what's funny about the PMB commercial to me is, i have no idea who the company/product they were advertising!

I agree PurrPurr.... I don't like the Space Station being destroyed, that is an awful commercial, why would their minds eve go there? It couldn't have been cheap to film that!

I saw the puppy monkey baby, and it was disturbing. I remember a gal from high school having the ugliest baby - kind of looked like that. Her baby had a really low forehead. Like one finger width between the eyes and hair. Then it had mangey sort of molting pubes of curly black hair on its mis-shapen head, and only had hair around the edges then it was bald, so there was this bald pink point at the top. It was cock-eyed to boot. I remember laughing when I saw this kid, which probably wasn't cool. I tried to cover by saying 'hey, 10 fingers 10 toes, right?' She didn't answer so maybe it didn't have them. Oh and she was my bosses wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post

I saw the puppy monkey baby, and it was disturbing.
    That commercial is probably the one I remember most because of the puppy monkey baby but I was so distracted by it that I don't even remember what they were selling. Not what they were going for I'm sure.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    That commercial is probably the one I remember most because of the puppy monkey baby but I was so distracted by it that I don't even remember what they were selling. Not what they were going for I'm sure.
    It's for Mountain Dew Kick start. The logic behind it - if you want to call it that - is that the drink is a combination of 3 different things (Mountain Dew, juice, and caffeine).
    Last edited by Upset; 02-11-2016 at 06:53 PM.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Maybe they meant that commercial as a warning to pregnant women - drink this while pregnant and you will have a baby with monkey parts.

The PMB reminded me so much of the commercial for Quiznos a few years ago with the creepy rat/God knows what mash up. The song was kind of funny, but I remember it caused an uproar. I was not impressed with any of the SB commercials this year. Missed the Clydesdales a lot. Do have to say, just because of a connection, the TEXAS LAW HAWK was pretty good. That one made me smile. Probably my absolute least favorite commercial of all time is the OMG bears with the toilet paper. I will turn the TV off until that is over.

I really dislike the bears and toilet paper commercials. Just hate the shitty ass bears.

The ambulance chaser commercials:

Do you or a loved one have mesolithiabifiaboba, and did you take xanathikawonka? If your head fell off and your toes turned into motorboats always trying to take off in separate directions, CALL DOWE, CHEATEM & ANHOW NOW. You may be entitled to make us lots of money.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post

Do you or a loved one have mesolithiabifiaboba, and did you take xanathikawonka? If your head fell off and your toes turned into motorboats always trying to take off in separate directions, CALL DOWE, CHEATEM & ANHOW NOW. You may be entitled to make us lots of money.
    I don't watch TV, but they send me their email, which I do not open, of course.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

PurrPurr Guest

Those things drive me up the wall.

Glad I'm not alone in my sentiment.

haaaate those too! and the channels i enjoy watching, have tons & tonsss of them!

Part of the reason I hate those call the law office of Cheatem & Cheatem is the constant typing noise during the do you have mesolithiabifiabobs and xanathikawonka ? - they have a loud typing noise going on in the background during the whole commercial. Why do they have to wake me up from a good tv snooze with typing? It reminds me of falling asleep at work.

Although I no longer watch tv, We have a huge DVD library and of course Netflix, When we did tune in the past, it was the commercials every TWO minutes, especially the ones you all mentioned..The scary obsessive health/medicine commercials and yes those ambulance chasers..ugh! Got tired of all of it and just stopped watching it and certainly don't miss it and we feel better too.

PurrPurr Guest
    The Lifelock one with the security guard. He says he's an alert guard who only warns them when there's a robbery, and then says "There's a robbery" while a bank robbery is in progress. Each time I can't help but yell at the TV, "Thanks, Captain Obvious!"

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    The Lifelock one with the security guard. He says he's an alert guard who only warns them when there's a robbery, and then says "There's a robbery" while a bank robbery is in progress. Each time I can't help but yell at the TV, "Thanks, Captain Obvious!"
    yes! another one that is played over and over!! ughhh!

The one that is the most insulting commercial I've seen is the University of Phoenix "If I only had a brain" commercial. They just slapped the million people who can't find jobs due to racism and age discrimination in the face to advertise one of the largest for profit on line diploma mills. The woman who sings it I think if she tried a little harder her brain can reach down a little further so she can kiss her own ass she's so perfect.

Yeah, the University of Phoenix commercial bothers me too. The brain song gets old fast, because, yes, we all have brains, and the way she sings it is so condescending.

yeah the UofP are annoying. I reallyyyy hate the Sonic comms with those two morons! i literally have to turn the channel

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseysucks View Post
    The one that is the most insulting commercial I've seen is the University of Phoenix "If I only had a brain" commercial. They just slapped the million people who can't find jobs due to racism and age discrimination in the face to advertise one of the largest for profit on line diploma mills. The woman who sings it I think if she tried a little harder her brain can reach down a little further so she can kiss her own ass she's so perfect.
    It's a lame commercial, but I don't view the singer as perfect. I think the song creates an unrealistic view of higher education by showing students to be overachievers in everything they do. Get real. And way to make sure your school's enrollment declines instead of increases UoP.

I"m watching March Madness, and I'm really fucking tired of the Arby's comms. I mean, I like Ving Rhames, but I'm effin tired of his voice.

So, now there is a commercial of a helicopter rounding up a herd of cattle to a pen; great music, beautiful shots - helicopter lands, person gets out who has had a bandana over their face (to keep the dust out presumably), takes the bandana off, it's a woman, and she holds up one of those Blu e-cig things. OMG That annoys the heck out of me; almost as much as the toilet paper bears but not quite.