Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TV shows that ran too long.

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    Don't know if it's been mentioned, Alice, I loved that show, However It ran a bit too long.
    I agree with you. Alice should had ended when Flo had left. The last few years of Alice weren't very funny like Tommy's drinking problem, Vera getting married or that one when Mel's cousin ( ? ) dressed up as a woman to get the secret recipe of Mel's competition.

So happy to hear my favorite show:The Big Bang Theory
    will stop after next year because you can only have so many
    fresh ideas after so many years.

But like I said before except if you are like:The Simpsons
    and the characters will never age.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

In my opinion when all the original actors are gone it's time to shut down. Ditto rehashed plot ideas.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    In my opinion when all the original actors are gone it's time to shut down. Ditto rehashed plot ideas.
    Hi Cindy, I agree. After seeing it again on Amazon, The one show that comes to mind is The Waltonâ??s, Cast members were disappearing left and right. After Ellen Corbyâ??s stroke and Will Geers death it seemed to have lost its soul. JMO

It was Bewitched for me. After the deaths of Marion Lorne and Alice Pearce, and Dick York being replaced it no longer had the magic.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I'm currently watching The Waltons. After John Boy's last appearance I'm going to stop watching. Another one is ER.

Hi Cindy, I agree. After seeing it again on Amazon, The one show that comes to mind is The Walton’s, Cast members were disappearing left and right. After Ellen Corby’s stroke and Will Geers death it seemed to have lost its soul. JMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    It was Bewitched for me. After the deaths of Marion Lorne and Alice Pearce, and Dick York being replaced it no longer had the magic.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

as much as I love the Golden Girls, the last 2 seasons...ugh.

ALF.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Anything with the Kardashians in it.

Ka-BOOM!
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    So happy to hear my favorite show:The Big Bang Theory
    will stop after next year because you can only have so many
    fresh ideas after so many years.

But like I said before except if you are like:The Simpsons
    and the characters will never age.
    I too, like TBBT. But, like you said, it's time to wrap it up. I would like to see them get Raj married, and Babies for the 2 Childless couples.

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Anything with the Kardashians in it.

Ka-BOOM!
    Agreed. Entertainment news, bah, seems to be the only thing I can't take off my Homepage.
    Last edited by cleanskull; 08-30-2018 at 12:35 PM.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

I liked Grace under fire, but it went on and on maybe longer than it shouldâ??ve.

I liked Grace under fire, but it went on and on maybe longer than it should’ve.
    Brett Butler is who crashed that show. As her addiction grew, her acting and behavior suffered. Scared off the first Actor playing her son by exposing herself to him. Shame. It was a good show.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Yes, it was good in the beginning. I liked her better then Roseanne.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I agree with a lot of the shows mentioned here, except for Friends, I loved that show. One I want to add is Two and a Half Men. After they killed off Charlie the show sucked and I stopped watching it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Brett Butler is who crashed that show. As her addiction grew, her acting and behavior suffered. Scared off the first Actor playing her son by exposing herself to him. Shame. It was a good show.
    This is so very true, just imagine if an older male actor
    did it to a young female actor.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

As much as I love NCIS, it's time to end it, Abby is gone, Tony gone, Ziva gone, Kate gone, yeah I know they have been gone awhile but the new members just don't click like the others did. I don't know if it will last much longer, I think it's going on season sixteen now, and not sure if there will be a season 17, Supernatural needs to end, I tried to watch Charmed and was like how did this last so long?

I could never get interested in NCIS. I liked the characters and the writing was good. It just did nothing for me.

I'm torn about X-Files. Part of me thinks the show should have ended when David Duchovny left. I could not stand his replacement. Yet, I'm glad it didn't end because DD came back. The finale was a bummer, though.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD