Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: The Columbine Tragedy

RigorMortis Guest
    That was one interesting article Cindy. Thanks for posting it.

cindysgold Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RigorMortis View Post
    That was one interesting article Cindy. Thanks for posting it.

I was glad to find it..I hadn't heard anything for a long time...Usually some kind of updated news comes out years later.

It's nice to hear some kind of an answer.

SarahThirteen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    I think it was on Wikipedia where I read that they planted quite a few bombs in various places in the cafeteria but the bombs didn't explode. If they had, casualties could have been in the hundreds! Does anyone have another reliable 100% accurate source to confirm this since Wikki is neither reliable or 100% accurate?

The other thing I don't get is why the students just sat there under the tables in the lib. It's like they were just sitting ducks waiting to get shot. Why not try to make a break for it somehow? Out the window, sneak out. Anything but wait out the shooting under a table. Head for the nearest exit fast. That lady in the lib. on the 911 call is telling the students to stay under the tables. (Good idea, lady! I wonder how she feels now.)
    If anyone can offer other insights into this, your welcome to.
    This is true. They had several propane tank bombs that would have leveled the school if they were to go off killing most of the people inside the building.

yeah the library was on the second floor like someone else said there was only one way in and out and Eric and Dylan were right outside that door. So they had no choice but to stay where they were.

Daphne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dovescry1999 View Post
    I saw that movie. I was quite disturbing, but I think it made its point, to show what happened in that High School that day. I think I still have the DVD somewhere in my closet.
    Wasn't it entered into the Sundance Festival ?

Yes - I believe it was entered into the sundance festival.. there have been a myriad of posts regarding the authenticity, and it is not authentic, but does paint a disturbing picture of that day.

metaphoria Guest

The Eyes Told All

Eric's expression and eyes look completely twisted. I find it hard to believe that someone missed his menacing looks, or feel his sinister energy. He completely makes me nervous looking at him. Yet I am intrigued. Must be the death hag in me.

And have you ever noticed, he tried keeping his eyes covered. I have seen tons of pictures with him in sunglasses. He must have known.

Also, did his eyes change color? Some pictures have him with blue eyes, the other with very dark, almost black, if not so.

I have recently become hyper-interested in this case. When Columbine happened, I was overseas and not connected to the internet. Recently, I stumbled upon the pictures of them dead in the library and started researching this story like mad. It was such a tragedy and I cannot fathom how 2 people could do such a thing to innocent people.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	evileric.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	3160  

DeathHag4EVA Guest
    Amazing pic! I never saw this one in color before.

BooMom Guest

Question

If I'm reading right, the school was built in 1995 - yet had only 1 way in/out of the library?? Wouldn't that be illegal??

Gah, the things that catch my attention...

You Tube has the entire "Zero Hour" on it in 8 different parts. Yep - I just watched the whole thing. ONLY GOING BY THIS DOCUDRAMA:

1 - The library had and "interior" entrance and an "exterior" entrance per an interview by John Savage. He states in this show that the exterior library door was "propped" open and the police were standing right there. They did nothing while the shooters were picking off people. He was in the library at the time. The shooters saw him, but let him go.

2 - The lady in the library was a part time art teacher. She usually leaves after fourth period, but was assigned to be a hall monitor during lunch. That was why she was still there when all this went down.

Again, I have no idea how accurate this is. It all comes straight from the "Zero Hour".
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Katie Guest
    I know it has been said many times, but Zero Hour is fake. Not the real Columbine, but a movie based on what happened.

Our school I teach in also has only one way in, and although it has windows, they are not made to open. I can easily see how they were stuck. Our building was built after 95

If you want to get the full picture of what happened, read the Brown book.

Katie -

I had heard Zero Hour was fake, but these are actual people who were there talking in an interview, so I thought that part would be real. It may just be a movie, but man, it gave me the shivers!
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Katie Guest
    It did me too, and I believed it was the real thing, until someone pointed it out on here. I know know to look at the tape to see that the date is all wrong, and I know where they died, and what they looked like.

shoganc Guest
    This is part of the reason I homeschool my kids...

On another note, I heard that both their behaviour had changed recently. And that one or both of them were on an ADD/ADHD medication.

An interesting film on the subject can be found on Google Video called "The Drugging of Our Children".

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    I think it was on Wikipedia where I read that they planted quite a few bombs in various places in the cafeteria but the bombs didn't explode. If they had, casualties could have been in the hundreds! Does anyone have another reliable 100% accurate source to confirm this since Wikki is neither reliable or 100% accurate?

The other thing I don't get is why the students just sat there under the tables in the lib. It's like they were just sitting ducks waiting to get shot. Why not try to make a break for it somehow? Out the window, sneak out. Anything but wait out the shooting under a table. Head for the nearest exit fast. That lady in the lib. on the 911 call is telling the students to stay under the tables. (Good idea, lady! I wonder how she feels now.)
    If anyone can offer other insights into this, your welcome to.
    All I can think of would be Don't call attention to yourself by jumping up and running--quick movement might swing a gun toward you.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindysgold View Post
    I just bought a used copy of the Brooks Brown book from
    Amazon.com. "No Easy Answers"

I've read throught several links in this thread. It's just sad.
    I felt left out in school but..I never thought to go this far. Then your really left out....Something needs to be done about bullying tho. I think it had a big influence on these guys.

I'm in no way defending them tho !!
    I too was bullied, by two losers in art class my senior year. I just ignored them, never ever thought about getting back at them, certainly not going balistic and shooting the school up. IMO, these two devils were twisted before they were ever bullied.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magblax View Post
    Here is a link which contains numerous police reports filed against Ed "Reb" harris and Dylan "Vodka"Klebold.
    http://www.konformist.com/1999/color...ort/report.htm

These guys were bullies themselves. If they were treated as freaks in the school it waas for good reason! They tormented and bullied fellow student Brooks Brown for at least a year before the shootings. Brown's parents notified both Dylan and Klebold's parents before filing multiple reports.
    I got trashed in another site for saying I stopped the bullying of my G daughter when I had an attorney write a letter to the school and the parents of these kids who were doing the bullying that I was going to sue the parents and the school if it didn't stop.
    Maybe its time for parents who have to send their kids to a school where this kind of shit goes on and the cops won't do a thing about it or listen and the parents ignore you to get an attorney and SUE. It seems today that people only listen if it is going to cost them money. These 2 asshole kids were an explosion wwaiting to happen and the parents had been warned about their behaviour. If someone told me my kids were doing that I would have ransacked their bedrooms ,computers and anything else I could find and they would have been in front of a shrink. BUT then parents sit back and think people are picking on their kids just because they "don't like them" but these parents knew they were the "trench coat mafia" wouldn't that have rung a bell?? Also where the hell did they get all this money for guns? Mom and Dad? The parents were sued by some of the other parents and they did get some kind of settlement. By the way those parents of those 2 thugs are still livining the same place.!!

jjsavage Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahThirteen View Post
    This is true. They had several propane tank bombs that would have leveled the school if they were to go off killing most of the people inside the building.

yeah the library was on the second floor like someone else said there was only one way in and out and Eric and Dylan were right outside that door. So they had no choice but to stay where they were.
    From the entrance, they had a complete view of everyone and everything in the library; anyone who tried to run out the side door would have been a pretty easy target. Once they came in and started wandering around, it was hard to tell where they were (the bookcases kind of blocked the view), so there was no telling if they could see you or not if you stood up. Plus, it's really hard to think clearly under such circumstances...

- John Savage

I read thousands of pages or Jefferson County task force reports when I was researching Columbine for my website. It really, really scared me in a way that few cases do. The more I read the more I came to realize that Eric and Dylan were having a lot of fun carrying out the shootings. Chasing people down the hall, the 'peekaboo' thing, they were so gleeful about it. Plus in the library it was said that Eric's nose was bleeding from the gun recoiling into his face, but he was just shooting and shouting and laughing and having a grand time. The security camera still of Dylan standing there with the TEC-9 still gives me the creeps.

The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Quote Originally Posted by motherogod View Post
    Thanks for this link... wonderful Sunday night reading! So let me start this up for us... I'm not a gun expert, never even held one except a glock thing with the big space for the magazine (?)-- I asked if that was where the batteries went. ANYWAY...

I always took Eric as the leader of the two... Dylan just has always stricken me as a follower, Eric more militant and controlling, Dylan liking having someone to follow. Only my impression, but my career is doing psych profiling... instinct is great (except when dating!).

When reading the autopsy reports, Eric put the gun to the roof of his mouth, "evacuating" all of his brain but a "small portion of the medulla oblongata." Basically turned his head into a flower pot.

Now, when looking at Dylan's wounds, his entry wound is 1/4" in front of and 3/4" above his left ear. Exit wound is about 1/2" or so in front of his right ear. So he held his gun and took a clean shot from ear to ear, "across the undersurface of the brain," slightly downward according to line of wounds. Of course there is no mention on the autopsy reports about types of guns used (and I haven't read that info in awhile), but is it possible Eric offed Dylan then himself? Was that ever conclusive? (Part of this is because I'm picturing a big ol long gun, and who could hold that to their head? Sorry that my facts aren't at 100% right now.)

I mean, what did they do, "on my count, one... two... three... wait, on three or one, two then pull the trigger?" I know they put a lot into this whole day, and I'm sure this part was discussed... not to mention their adrenalin flowing from killing everyone they already had. I guess they could have just made a statement about it being "time" or whatever. Unimagineable.
    From the way Eric is partially seated, it looks like he probably propped the shotgun against the floor and put it in his mouth, judging from what his autopsy report said. Dylan used the TEC-9 to kill himself, it was a through-and-through wound and the bullet was not recovered. (He was an open casket funeral.) From all accounts I read, they counted to three, there was a twin gun shot, and then nothing.

So I'm going to say they killed themselves, although I did entertain the thought for awhile that Eric may have killed Dylan. But while I agree with what you said about Dylan being a 'follower', he was also a violent kid with an explosive temper in his own right. I think they knew they were done and it was known to them beforehand that they would not survive, in keeping with the general psychology of mass murderers.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Regarding the info in the original link, I found a glaring error here:

They constantly targeted people they didn't like and even specifically sought out Rachel Scott to kill, a deeply religious girl who they made fun of constantly (one story said that Harris put a gun to her head and asked if she "believed in your God now?". When she said yes, he pulled the trigger).

That was actually Cassie Bernall who was asked if she believed in God....not Rachel Scott...although Rachel was also killed that day.
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 04-22-2008 at 12:26 PM.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    Regarding the info in the original link, I found a glaring error here:

That was actually Cassie Bernall who was asked if she believed in God....not Rachel Scott...although Rachel was also killed that day.
    Well, there's even dispute about if it was even Cassie they asked that to, or if the whole conversation even happened, depending what websites you happen to look up.

"Death doesn't really worry me that much, I'm not frightened about it... I just don't want to be there when it happens."

Lita Guest
    From what I remember of that day, there was a female student in hysterics talking to the media who heard them ask Cassie if she believed in God. When she said she did, one of them pulled the trigger. That was one of those days that sticks in my memory. I remember exactly where I was when I heard about it. It's so incomprehensible to me that two people could conceive of something like that. I guess it's just one of those rare fate things where had Dylan and Eric never met, I doubt they would have even considered something like this. But you get two highly disturbed people together and they do the unthinkable. It's not the first time in history, it sadly won't be the last. My biggest wish is that in situations like that, the media wouldn't be there to shove a camera in peoples' faces asking them questions. These people are traumatized, they've just lived through something horrible, they just watched other people not live through the ordeal and you want a quote for the 5 o'clock news? Fuck off! I remember a student was asked a question after a school shooting, I don't remember which one, and I loved his response. He said "You didn't care about our school when we were doing good things. You didn't care that we broke the record for most money raised for a charity (I forget which charity it was). Why should you care about us now?"

This may seem like a weird question, but I looked at the final picture of the boys in the library. If they both killed themselves how is there a gun under one of their legs? Something doesn't add up about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    This may seem like a weird question, but I looked at the final picture of the boys in the library. If they both killed themselves how is there a gun under one of their legs? Something doesn't add up about that.
    That picture was supposedly taken after the police had gotten to their bodies. The "explanation" is they had searched their bodies for any sort of bombs, and also checked to make sure they were really dead, I guess. They most likely turned him over and snapped the picture afterwards.

"Death doesn't really worry me that much, I'm not frightened about it... I just don't want to be there when it happens."

Cathy J. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BooMom View Post
    If I'm reading right, the school was built in 1995 - yet had only 1 way in/out of the library?? Wouldn't that be illegal??

Gah, the things that catch my attention...
    Didn't Southpark's Trey Parker & Matt Stone attended Columbine? Parker was born in 1969. Stone in 1971.
    so that would make Parker a part of the class of 1987. Stone 1990 maybe 1991. Had they went to Columbine, I would imagine the school had to been built sometime in the 80s. Unless of course there was another Columbine High School in Colorado they both had attended.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy J. View Post
    Didn't Southpark's Trey Parker & Matt Stone attended Columbine? Parker was born in 1969. Stone in 1971.
    so that would make Parker a part of the class of 1987. Stone 1990 maybe 1991. Had they went to Columbine, I would imagine the school had to been built sometime in the 80s. Unless of course there was another Columbine High School in Colorado they both had attended.

No. Parker attended Evergreen High, Stone went to Heritage High School. Both went to the University of Boulder, where they met.

GODDESS6 Guest
    i was under the impression from michael moore's docu that they went there too & that "south park" is the town of littleton~

i too am homeschooling my son right now~ we live in a nice area, but my son's school where he attended before was under lockdown recently due to gun fire, it's an elementary school for god's sake~

Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    i was under the impression from michael moore's docu that they went there too & that "south park" is the town of littleton~

i too am homeschooling my son right now~ we live in a nice area, but my son's school where he attended before was under lockdown recently due to gun fire, it's an elementary school for god's sake~
    Scary. And insane.

South Park is reportedly based of of the town of Fairplay, Colorado. Since neither Stone or Parker went to Columbine, I imagine Michael Moore interviewed Stone because he happened to be from Littleton, and probably knew the area.

motherogod Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    From the way Eric is partially seated, it looks like he probably propped the shotgun against the floor and put it in his mouth, judging from what his autopsy report said. Dylan used the TEC-9 to kill himself, it was a through-and-through wound and the bullet was not recovered. (He was an open casket funeral.) From all accounts I read, they counted to three, there was a twin gun shot, and then nothing.

So I'm going to say they killed themselves, although I did entertain the thought for awhile that Eric may have killed Dylan. But while I agree with what you said about Dylan being a 'follower', he was also a violent kid with an explosive temper in his own right. I think they knew they were done and it was known to them beforehand that they would not survive, in keeping with the general psychology of mass murderers.
    Thanks, Nessa... how did you find that Dylan's funeral was open casket? I'd never even thought to research THAT kind of information! Interesting pic would have been him in his casket... I'm sure he was one of those corpses with a smile on his face. Smiling all the way into hell, no doubt!

Lisamarie Guest
    I hope they are haveing fun burning ....what dickheads..Any shots of open casket..would ove to see that one...is it juts me or did they always look evil!!! Oh and good job to the parents!!! Good goin!!!! Heres an idea dont ever have anymore kids!!!!

If Stone was born in '71, he should have been Class of '89. But thanks for trying to make me younger!

deathhagcutie Guest
    aren't they canadian?

this doesn't have ALOT to do with eric and dylan, but i finally watched the movie "elephant".

quite an experience.
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

deathhagcutie Guest
    yeah i watched half of it one time and thought it was dumb and turned it off..

deathhagcutie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by deathhagcutie View Post
    aren't they canadian?
    *ahem* i was wrong

http://www.columbinegame.com/ :P

jk3378 Guest
    hi all, new to this forum, surfed the findadeath website plenty of times though. anyways I have a morbid fascination with columbine and came across this website
    Look at the picture for Rachel Scott. Is that her autopsy photo?

http://judicial-inc.biz/Col_Dwayne_Fuselier.htm#rachel

interesting reading also.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jk3378 View Post
    hi all, new to this forum, surfed the findadeath website plenty of times though. anyways I have a morbid fascination with columbine and came across this website

It won't let me enlarge the picture so I can't tell.

**Jenna** Guest
    I couldn't enlarge it either.

joS3ph Guest

Larger Image

Try this:

http://judicial-inc.biz/rachel2.jpg

The girl in that photograph is indeed dead.

joS3ph
    Last edited by joS3ph; 06-11-2008 at 05:27 PM.

Dylgem22 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joS3ph View Post
    Try this:

joS3ph
    Hmmmmm .. that was interesting reading! I saw the enlarged photo that you attached, and I can't tell if that is her, dead or what! Why would they have THAT picture of her on there?!?

I was going to welcome you as new but I see you have been with us for a while, just not many posts!! Welcome anyways!

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joS3ph View Post
    Try this:

joS3ph
    Yes indeed that is a morgue cart she is on and a body bag she is in. I am confused by the horrifed look on the technicians face though?

I wonder how the picture was leaked? Are we sure this is a Columbine victim and not some random person?

I don't know much if anything about Columbine so that is why I am asking.

Mach2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindysgold View Post
    I found some updated information. It's from 2004.
    I thought it was interesting.

http://www.slate.com/id/2099203/
    Thatarticle offers no insight. I don't think the FBI learned much. So Harris was a psychopath? Duhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Actually today psychiatrists do not use the word psychopath but rather they prefer the word SOCIOPATH. There are some dubious aspects about that article.

kandykisses Guest

It looks more like her on a stretcher with a paramedic but still WTF? I am ghoulish but all the other kids have nice pics like school pics. Why have hers like that?

Dylgem22 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Yes indeed that is a morgue cart she is on and a body bag she is in. I am confused by the horrifed look on the technicians face though?

I wonder how the picture was leaked? Are we sure this is a Columbine victim and not some random person?

I don't know much if anything about Columbine so that is why I am asking.
    I love the new Kitty Avatar!!

I wasn't sure if that was a morgue shot or what .. and yes, the look on the techs face is kind of "out there" .. also, as I stated in a previous post, I wonder why they would have her morgue shot up as her picture and not a class picture or just a plain one of her?! Makes no sense to me!

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kandykisses View Post
    It looks more like her on a stretcher with a paramedic but still WTF? I am ghoulish but all the other kids have nice pics like school pics. Why have hers like that?
    It's def a morgue cart - I can tell because it's stainless steel and the little sidebar next to it has the holes in it.

But yea, why is hers a morgue pic? Is there a pic of her alive so we can compare and see if it is her?

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylgem22 View Post
    I love the new Kitty Avatar!!
    Hey thanks!

It is one of my Persians. He is my big boy. That is his new haircut!

Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    I don't know if "South Park" was supposed to be based on Littleton but I remember when Showtime first started doing Queer as Folk which went on the air a few years after the Columbine incident. I remember watching one of the actors from the show on local Pittsburgh TV and he was saying Showtime had planned on doing another gay comedy-drama for their network, this one called something like "The Front Range Bears" and that show was supposed to be based in Littleton, Colorado. However with Columbine still fresh in the minds of many even though the show had nothing to do with Columbine the project was dropped anyway ( I heard there were other reasons as well as to why this show never happened) so Showtime went on the develop "The L Word" instead.
    Last edited by choff; 06-11-2008 at 05:54 PM.

jk3378 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    It's def a morgue cart - I can tell because it's stainless steel and the little sidebar next to it has the holes in it.

But yea, why is hers a morgue pic? Is there a pic of her alive so we can compare and see if it is her?
    go to www.acolumbinesite.com go to victims, plenty of pictures of her. I wasn't sure if it was her or not, the autopsy report says they did the autopsy a few days after the shooting, so she could be a "little puffy/bloated". I thought it was strange that pic was there, but who knows. All of the victims autopsy reports are on that site also.

jk3378 Guest
    i had to copy the photograph to my paintshop to enlarge it.

kimba Guest

Wow- great link.
    Thanks
    I thought maybe it was a photo of her being treated at the hospital, maybe when she was first brought in. The thumbnail phot was too small to get much detail, and it never opened up to a bigger shot.

kimba Guest
    Wow- I had missed the enlarged photo..
    and yeah that looks like she's dead. Holy Cow. Weird...
    I will mimic everyone else and say...why THAT photo of her?
    WTF?