Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 13202122
Results 1,051 to 1,077 of 1077

Thread: The Columbine Tragedy

Thinking of those that lost their lives and those that survived and may be struggling with issues brought about due to this, ie, PTSD, depression etc, thinking of the families of Dylan and Eric as well,

Still so very sad.... Where would they be today?
    My Posse's On Broadway

Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    True, maybe great people that would help our
    World.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

The possibilities were endless, such a tragedy. RIP.

It makes me so sad. I always think, ?? if only they could??ve gotten beyond high school?.
    I myself was incredibly depressed in HS and attempted suicide. I??m now married and the mother of 3 beautiful little boys. It makes me so sad to think of what almost wasn??t...

This is my first post in this thread. I have been a hag for a while but most of my posts were focused on the Station fire. I was reminded of this tragedy while watching a show at NatGeo about the 90's. I had not forgotten that it had happened, but when i saw it on that show i had realized other than what the headlines were at the time, i didn't know that much about this tragedy. In the last year or so i have become very interested reading a lot of the documents on the columbine site that had been posted in this thread as well as other various resources. I just recently watched (and then ordered) the 13 Families program which was very emotional to see. I also have the movie made about Rachel Scott called "I'm Not Ashamed" which was a pretty good movie. It was made as a "Christian" movie so for those who haven't seen it. They focused a lot on her faith and how she touched others in her life. She was a pretty amazing person in my opinion. I plan to order both the Dave Cullen book as well as Brooks Brown's book. In case no one has seen it yet, i saw that there is a new book coming out on Jan. 31st called "Columbine, 20 years later and beyond: Lessons From Tragedy" which has the foreword written by Frank DeAngelis. I'm sure that will be an interesting read.

This tragedy is just so complicated. There are so many layers to it as well as a lot of unknowns, at least until the remaining documents and videos are released. Were they bullied? Were they the ones that bullied others? Was it bad influence of mainstream media? Music? Video games? Bad parenting? No parenting? It is hard to truly understand the actions of anyone in these situations? The only thing we have to go on is what we are able to see, Eric's Journals, Some of the videos that ARE available, a book by one of the mutual friends they both had. Personally, my belief is that they were unhappy and pissed at the world. Whatever specific "things" that made them feel that way, this was how they chose to deal with it. One thing that Eric and Dylan were obviously good at is deception. They were really good liars and it showed. How they could hide such an arsenal, right under the noses of their parents, is proof of that. They were driven. Whatever it was, they were focused and did whatever possible to pull it off. Is that bad parenting? I don't think so. Were the parents of both completely clueless and oblivious? Absolutely! But that does not equal "bad" parenting. I am not a parent, but i would imagine that any parent would like to think that their children would be nice and would not be capable of something like this. Well, unfortunately, history is showing us differently. It is sad and a shame with so many shootings in schools especially, but with shootings in general, it would appear something has gone wrong somewhere. I can't even begin to fathom how scared and terrified these people were during the attack and what they have had to endure every day after. Especially, those who were permanently disabled by it. I would like to think the old adage rings true, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger". It is hard to believe that 3 months from yesterday will make 20 years. I cannot believe that it has gone by so fast! I sure do hope that all those that lived through that day as well as the families that lost loved ones can continue to be strong and move forward. Anyways, just a few thoughts on this to sort of break the ice. I look forward to engaging in discussion on this with you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Markrich View Post
    This is my first post in this thread. I have been a hag for a while but most of my posts were focused on the Station fire. I was reminded of this tragedy while watching a show at NatGeo about the 90's. I had not forgotten that it had happened, but when i saw it on that show i had realized other than what the headlines were at the time, i didn't know that much about this tragedy. In the last year or so i have become very interested reading a lot of the documents on the columbine site that had been posted in this thread as well as other various resources. I just recently watched (and then ordered) the 13 Families program which was very emotional to see. I also have the movie made about Rachel Scott called "I'm Not Ashamed" which was a pretty good movie. It was made as a "Christian" movie so for those who haven't seen it. They focused a lot on her faith and how she touched others in her life. She was a pretty amazing person in my opinion. I plan to order both the Dave Cullen book as well as Brooks Brown's book. In case no one has seen it yet, i saw that there is a new book coming out on Jan. 31st called "Columbine, 20 years later and beyond: Lessons From Tragedy" which has the foreword written by Frank DeAngelis. I'm sure that will be an interesting read.

This tragedy is just so complicated. There are so many layers to it as well as a lot of unknowns, at least until the remaining documents and videos are released. Were they bullied? Were they the ones that bullied others? Was it bad influence of mainstream media? Music? Video games? Bad parenting? No parenting? It is hard to truly understand the actions of anyone in these situations? The only thing we have to go on is what we are able to see, Eric's Journals, Some of the videos that ARE available, a book by one of the mutual friends they both had. Personally, my belief is that they were unhappy and pissed at the world. Whatever specific "things" that made them feel that way, this was how they chose to deal with it. One thing that Eric and Dylan were obviously good at is deception. They were really good liars and it showed. How they could hide such an arsenal, right under the noses of their parents, is proof of that. They were driven. Whatever it was, they were focused and did whatever possible to pull it off. Is that bad parenting? I don't think so. Were the parents of both completely clueless and oblivious? Absolutely! But that does not equal "bad" parenting. I am not a parent, but i would imagine that any parent would like to think that their children would be nice and would not be capable of something like this. Well, unfortunately, history is showing us differently. It is sad and a shame with so many shootings in schools especially, but with shootings in general, it would appear something has gone wrong somewhere. I can't even begin to fathom how scared and terrified these people were during the attack and what they have had to endure every day after. Especially, those who were permanently disabled by it. I would like to think the old adage rings true, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger". It is hard to believe that 3 months from yesterday will make 20 years. I cannot believe that it has gone by so fast! I sure do hope that all those that lived through that day as well as the families that lost loved ones can continue to be strong and move forward. Anyways, just a few thoughts on this to sort of break the ice. I look forward to engaging in discussion on this with you all.
    Thank you for sharing this. I found "I'm Not Ashamed" on Prime Video and added it to my Watchlist.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I'm Not Ashamed bored me to tears.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I liked it. It was a slow moving movie and was very "Christian", but i liked it. It definitely flew under the radar though. There are some pretty cool things on the bonus features of the blu ray. There are some interviews with her family and a feature on her journal writings.

Warning: this video may upset you.

Not sure if anyone has seen this or not, and it apparently caused an uproar at the time, but it is video, from a news feed, of Rachel Scott's body being dragged from where she was shot and killed to behind a fire truck. Here is the video of that happening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCAmRLpQiZg and here is video of her mom speaking out about the video being released and sold: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm0LocVkDLk So sad that this happened.
    Last edited by cindyt; 01-25-2019 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Alert

I was on a documentary spree on YT and came across a picture of Eric & Dylan's bodies in the library that is at a different angle from the one that is usually shown. It is grainy but you can see Eric clearer as opposed to the original where his arms seem to hide his face. I figured at least one or two would appreciate seeing it.

Dead Bodies Warning:

https://imgur.com/a/7Wt1KrC

If you are interested in watching the Documentary, it's from a YT account and they have also done docs on Andrei Chikatilo, Bundy, Dahmer and Ed Gein called Murderous Minds. They don't have any big revelations in them but are worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF-b...otwgrAsgv4NLQG
    Last edited by Shellie; 02-12-2019 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Added info

Horrible

Columbine-obsessed teen Sol Pais dead after sparking massive manhunt.

she had no trouble buying a pump action shotgun and ammunition.

https://nypost.com/2019/04/17/columbine-obsessed-teen-sol-pais-dead-after-sparking-massive-manhunt/

Apparently not. I thought they had made a mistake with her age, she looks more like 38.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I agree...I thought she was in her 30's or 40's. My great niece goes to Columbine so I have been following this.

I thought looked too old to be a teenager, too.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I thought looked too old to be a teenager, too.
    True, that is a very hard looking 18 year old.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

20 years and they have learned nothing.

Remembering them today.

Austin Eubanks: Columbine school shooting survivor found dead - this tragedy is still claiming victims

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48330318

I saw that ,Cash, yep Dylan and Eric are still getting victims.

School district considers tearing building down because of morbid fascination with tragedy

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/06/us/co...rnd/index.html

It won't matter if they tear it down and rebuild, it's always going to hold a fascination with a lot of people because of what happened there, and as long as they keep doing memorials and remembrance days on the anniversary and posting news stories and such and with all the information on the net about it and the killers and the victims, yeah people are going to keep on being fascinated

This action will be a total waste of money. It's a people problem, not the fault of a building.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Charlie Minn has a documentary on this too he has about 44 documentary's he has done lylt chocolate,parkland,Vegas,San diego mc donalds,Orlando, he has done a lot worth a watch

I agree with pkstracy and cleanskull.

Even if they tore the building down, the memorial will still be there. It??s near the school but more so in the park area.