Thread: Kirk Douglas

Kirk Douglas

Happy Birthday, Mr. Danielovitch and many happy returns!
    "Never cut what you can untie"

-Joseph Joubert

He has to be a special for my death list. In fact I'll post it now.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

3. 12-01-2014, 10:15 AM

Wow! I had no idea he was that old.

5. 12-01-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Oh he will probably be around forever, him and Zsa Zsa
    Lol, every time I think of her I think of the face slap.

7. 12-01-2014, 05:09 PM

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Didn't the Oscars give him the Lifetime Achievement Award(You're Almost Dead Award) like 20 years ago? Had a major stroke like 40 years ago? This guy just refuses to go.

He and Olivia De Havilland were born the same year.. and both still going ! Luise Rainer who won back to back Oscars in '36 and '37 for Best Actress is now 104 ! They must be doing something right.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LuiseRainerADD.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	51965Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Luise-Rainer-with-her-two-Oscars..jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	51966
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 12-01-2014 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Best moment of her career
    Lol, so true.

Kirk turned 99 on Wednesday, he also donated $15 million to the Motion Picture & Television Fund towards "a two-story $35 million Alzheimer’s facility to be named the Kirk Douglas Care Pavilion, which will be able to take care of upwards of 80 industry members with that disease."

Jeffrey Katzenberg, chairman of the MPTF Foundation, says "with this most recent commitment Kirk and his wife, Anne Douglas are some of the largest donors in the history of MPTF with over $40 million to date. In fact, in 1992 they helped create the Alzheimer’s Unit at MPTF known as Harry’s Haven which was named for Douglas’ father."

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/kirk-dougla...173928064.html
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Damn.

Happy Birthday Mr. Douglas.

What a life!
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

navallint Guest
    Happy Birthday, sir.
    Now, tell us your secret.

He's had his share of tragedy in his life, with one of his sons dying of a drug overdose and one of his grandsons serving a prison sentence for drug trafficking.
    Last edited by Skiddledy Gumbo; 12-09-2016 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by navallint View Post
    Happy Birthday, sir.
    Now, tell us your secret.
    Tell us, hell!
    Bottle it and sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiddledy Gumbo View Post
    He's had his share of tragedy in his life, with one of his sons dying of a drug overdose and one of his grandsons serving a prison sentence for drug trafficking.
    I didn't know that.
    There again, he's had more time than most to learn how to roll with the punches.

100! Way to go!

typical male asshole. so they say...only the good die young. he's still going. ugh

I wonder how it feels to be 100.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    I wonder how it feels to be 100.
    Jeeze - I can't imagine and I'm really not sure that I want to find out.

I may feel differently when I get a little older, but right now I say that if my mind starts to go or if I lose my ability to get around on my own then I'm ready to go. I spend a lot of time working out and walking; trying to hang onto mental and physical agility are the main reasons. I say that I'm "in training" for old age - I suspect that the more active and strong I stay now, the longer I'll hold onto those attributes as I get older, barring some health issue like a stroke or something.

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    typical male asshole. so they say...only the good die young. he's still going. ugh
    What's your problem with him?

If the rumours about him are true and many say they are, then you may have a point.

So to some folks, donating over $40 million to Alzheimer's research doesn't count for much. Did he, God forbid, do something that was politically incorrect?

whitershadeofpale Guest
    There's lots of rumours surrounding him and Natalie Wood, which go far beyond political incorrectness.

Also links with Jean Spangler's disappearance.

Quote Originally Posted by whitershadeofpale View Post
    There's lots of rumours surrounding him and Natalie Wood, which go far beyond political incorrectness.

Yeah that's the one's I meant. It's never been 100% proven but those who were involved have talked publicly saying he was the one but his status at the time stopped anything from happening because of it and he wasn't the only one but no one is willing to come forward and say.

Quote Originally Posted by whitershadeofpale View Post

Wasn't it proven that Kirk was in Palm Springs when she disappeared from Los Angeles? She was also associated with someone who was known to have ties with mobster Mickey Cohen, Dave Ogul, who also disappeared two days after Spangler did. Can't help but wonder if it was a botched abortion, I know I don't want to believe he had anything to do with her disappearance when there's nothing more than speculative rumors. I don't know much about the alleged rape of Natalie Wood but with all that's coming out about Bill Cosby anything's possible, many things were kept under wraps back then, and look at how long Cosby got away with what he did!
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

No wonder he's been married so long to his second wife. His first wife probably had a different attitude.

“Kirk never tried to hide his dalliances from me,” Anne Douglas, 98, writes in Kirk and Anne: Letters of Love, Laughter and a Lifetime in Hollywood, a new book out Tuesday that reveals intimate letters between the longtime couple. “As a European, I understood it was unrealistic to expect total fidelity in a marriage.”

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/kirk...174832577.html
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

I watched the Mysteries & Scandals episode about Jean Spangler. I do think he is the "Kirk" she left the note about. Was he involved in her disappearance ? I wouldn't be surprised.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    No wonder he's been married so long to his second wife. His first wife probably had a different attitude.

â??Kirk never tried to hide his dalliances from me,â? Anne Douglas, 98, writes in Kirk and Anne: Letters of Love, Laughter and a Lifetime in Hollywood, a new book out Tuesday that reveals intimate letters between the longtime couple. â??As a European, I understood it was unrealistic to expect total fidelity in a marriage.â?

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/kirk...174832577.html
    "See, in Europe, we f%$k everything that moves so I wasn't surprised." That tickled me.

Jeebers, every time his thread pops up, I expect the worse.

and we now use the post button.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Bayou Queen Guest
    Was this on t.v. recently?

they honored him at the Golden Globes on a night when the theme was female empowerment - totally clueless about those Natalie Wood Rape rumors

https://www.mediaite.com/online/twit...t-a-good-look/

He is so far along in age and cognitive ability, to do something now would be kind of cruel. Not condoning what he did one little whit. It would be like whipping a 98% Dead Horse.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    He is so far along in age and cognitive ability, to do something now would be kind of cruel. Not condoning what he did one little whit. It would be like whipping a 98% Dead Horse.
    I agree - it just seems they are tone deaf. Maybe should have done a Google search. Olivia de Havilland is still alive.

Best to remember him even a few years ago before his head fell inside his chest cavity and he could still utter a sentence. Zeta might just as well have gone to the nearest graveyard and dug up a cadaver. Michael was nowhere to be seen, probably thinking that it was disrespectful to see his dad carted to the event (even if he was willing) because of the shocked expressions expected and delivered.

It's about power and vitality and women and men vying for power against one another. A 100-year-old man is not in play anymore.

He impressed me with just one episode of the horror anthology series "Tales From The Crypt". It's titled "Yellow" and stars Kirk and his son Eric. It has a Twilight Zone-style twist at the end that I would not dare spoil for you.

BTW I did not know Eric Douglas had died! Maybe I knew and forgot?

Good God, these people are the most dysfunctional fucked up people on the planet. That's why they are actors, always "acting" and always "on". Completely vacuous and just fucked up. I said that already, it bears repeating !
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    they honored him at the Golden Globes on a night when the theme was female empowerment - totally clueless about those Natalie Wood Rape rumors

https://www.mediaite.com/online/twit...t-a-good-look/
    There is a book by Suzanne Finstad called
    Natasha: The biography of Natalie Wood.

In the book talks about how Natalie was
    raped by this Hollywood creep Kirk Douglas
    back in the 1950s when he had big star power
    and she was still a young teenager.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    There is a book by Suzanne Finstad called
    Natasha: The biography of Natalie Wood.

In the book talks about how Natalie was
    raped by this Hollywood creep Kirk Douglas
    back in the 1950s when he had big star power
    and she was still a young teenager.
    I believe it. i always thought he was a prick. and yet, the fucker keeps on living

I believe it. i always thought he was a prick. and yet, the fucker keeps on living
    Don’t cha just hate that when pricks live forever? I know a few nasty pricks that have far outlived their use.

Yes, on and on. Poor Natalie, and I still think he knows what happened to actress Jean Spangler, who went missing 68 years ago. http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/rea...12fd3b4feb76c7
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 01-09-2018 at 04:25 PM.

102 years old today.

102 years of age: guess it's true only the good die young.
    Never forget he raped a young Natalie Wood.
    Even Robert Downey Jr. says it's true.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    102 years of age: guess it's true only the good die young.
    Never forget he raped a young Natalie Wood.
    Even Robert Downey Jr. says it's true.
    I go on gossip sites a lot and while they do sometimes stretch the truth, other times they are spot on. A regular contributor to one site is a gofer who works in the industry and he posted proof to back up his claims. Anyway, he mentioned talking to Rita Moreno at the Globes this year. Seemingly she refused to stand when he was wheeled on and got the ovation and when he asked why she admitted most of the stories about him were true including him attacking Natalie and she wouldn't be surprised if he was involved with Jean Spengler's disappearance with what she knew about him.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I go on gossip sites a lot and while they do sometimes stretch the truth, other times they are spot on. A regular contributor to one site is a gofer who works in the industry and he posted proof to back up his claims. Anyway, he mentioned talking to Rita Moreno at the Globes this year. Seemingly she refused to stand when he was wheeled on and got the ovation and when he asked why she admitted most of the stories about him were true including him attacking Natalie and she wouldn't be surprised if he was involved with Jean Spengler's disappearance with what she knew about him.
    I've always had the feeling he made Jean disappear. Why would a celeb of his caliber call the cops to say he wasn't the Kirk in the note? Fishy.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD