Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Joaquin Phoenix

RaRaRamona Guest

The Mime (aka Joaquin) Oh Noes!

Not Him Too!!!!

Filed under: Music Minute > Joaquin Phoenix
    Oscar nominated actor Joaquin Phoenix is coming out with an album.
    Yesâ?¦it's another actor morphing into a 'musician'.
    Why??????
    It didn't work for Scarlett Johansson. It didn't work for Minnie Driver or Kevin Bacon or Billy Bob Thornton or Gina Gershon orâ?¦.the list goes on and on.
    Why must you do this to us Joaquin?????
    Apparently, Phoenix got the calling after he learned to play the guitar for the Johnny Cash biopic Walk the Line.
    Does that mean we can expect to see something from Reese Witherspoon soon?
    Phoenix has been working with Britpop star Tim Burgess , the Charlatans frontman.
    A release date has not been determined.
    For Phoenix's sake, let's hope the album is as good as his acting. But it will probably suck!

We'll see that one in the bargain bin at Best Buy shortly, I'm sure.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

RaRaRamona Guest
    ::weeps::

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    We'll see that one in the bargain bin at Best Buy shortly, I'm sure.
    Hahaha

Noreen Guest
    aww, give him a chance

ksol Guest
    I love Joaquin, He already showed he has a good voice on walk the line. I say he deserves a chance.

Now, Scarlett Johanson, THAT was a disaster!!!

Guest Guest
    LOOK! On behalf of my husband Joaquin, he has had enough of this negativity!!!

I just think its an extra excuse to drool over his yummyness...mmmmmmm

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noreen View Post
    aww, give him a chance

Quote Originally Posted by ksol View Post
    I love Joaquin, He already showed he has a good voice on walk the line. I say he deserves a chance.
    That's what I was thinking. His family always seemed like the type who would be musically inclined... Wasn't River a musician also?!

hoxharding Guest
    River and at least one of his sisters had a band. Plus, didn't all the kids in the family sing to make money years ago?
    I saw Scarlett's video- Salmon Rushdie just appears in anything,doesn't he?

ksol Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lolly View Post
    LOOK! On behalf of my husband Joaquin, he has had enough of this negativity!!!

I just think its an extra excuse to drool over his yummyness...mmmmmmm
    I will drool until there is not tomorrow!

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    River and at least one of his sisters had a band. Plus, didn't all the kids in the family sing to make money years ago?
    I saw Scarlett's video- Salmon Rushdie just appears in anything,doesn't he?

Yes, hox. All of the Phoenix kids were little minstrals as kids. River was in the band "Aleka's Attic" (Random trivia: He was buried in one of his band's tshirts...) and their sister Rain, I believe it was, was in the band with him.

Joaquin didn't just randomly decide to make music because of Walk the Line, I'm quite sure. He has a family history with music, and is likely just tapping into that. I wish him luck with it!

And besides...Maybe this way, RaRa will FINALLY get to hear his voice!

Scarlett Johanson made a CD?
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

mel306 Guest
    He was great in WTL. Maybe it will be really alternative but okay for that type. Let's hope.

He is really great, wouldn't want him to look bad, but then again he is a freak, who are we kidding. I still like to look at him though.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I think Rain is still in a band, maybe not he same band.

Xtine Guest
    Joaquin is starting to look a little old

Family bands must run in that family. Still, I'd like to see how this will turn out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

ksol Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtine View Post
    Joaquin is starting to look a little old
    He is super Hot still

RaRaRamona Guest
    Hey what happened to lolly?

Anyway back to Oh Noooeess!!

Joaquin Phoenix Announces His Retirement!

Filed under: Music Minute > Film Flickers > Joaquin Phoenix
    At a Paul Newman benefit on Monday, Joaquin Phoenix dropped quite the bomb on the TV show Extra:
    "I want to take this opportunity… also to give you the exclusive and just talk a little bit about the fact that this will be my last performance as an actor… I'm not doing films anymore."
    "Extra's" Jerry Penacoli, shocked by the news, further probed Joaquin. "Are you serious?" Phoenix, who was curiously being followed by his own camera crews, reiterated, "Yeah. I'm working on my music. I'm done. I've been through that."
    Actor Casey Affleck, present during the admission, tells "Extra", "I don't think he's kidding. He's got music and stuff."
    We mentioned a few months back that Phoenix was working on an album.
    Guess it's very, very 'serious' stuff.
    When his rep was contacted about Phoenix's proclamation, their response was, "That is what he told me."
    Whatever. We have a funny feeling it's going to play out like this…
    He'll release his 'music', no one will buy his stuff, and then he'll make a big deal out of his 'acting' comeback.
    Thespians are so overly dramatic!

Quick! Gather the Ped Egg dust!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

RaRaRamona Guest
    LOL It was his bday yesterday. Who knew? I need to Ped Egg!!

Tuesday, October 28th 2008
    Birthday Sluts

Joaquin Phoenix (34)

John Connor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    Scarlett Johanson made a CD?

Yes she did. The most over produced crap you could hear. I believe it's all Tom Waites songs and they throw in every bell, whistle and all those instruments from Whoville to cover up her voice. I own it. Someone gave it to me (DID SO!!!!!!). Got 2 plays and dats all folks.

I think if he's working with Tim Burgess it may turn out pretty good i love The Charlatons

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    I think he may actually be O.K...I'm not for movie stars makin albums but he may be alright...I'll form an opinion when I hear him...

shelly104 Guest

Joaquin Phoenix retires from acting

Noreen Guest
    I will support him in his musical career though, can't wait to hear his debut. I'll bet he can rock!

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Well, I have never really liked him as an actor anyway...

RoRo Guest
    I hope he makes it as a musician.......he was so evil in Gladiator I was extremely happy when he was killed lol

Nerak Guest
    Ya, I dunno, they all "retire" at some point now don't they?? Celine Dion retired, unfortunatley, she came back...uuugghh! same with Jay Z...and many many others....just so they can make a great come back

ShatteredMirror Guest
    He'll be back. The percentage of actors who make decent music careers is far less than the percentage of music stars who make decent acting careers.

RaRaRamona Guest

Why do entertainers feel the need to announce their boring career moves? Hes hot but stupid apparently.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

He played a gig in San Quentin with Shooter Jennings. He is taking the Johhny Cash thing a little bit too far.

He was ok as an actor - but could be wooden IMO. He was brilliant as Johnny Cash and is soooooooo handsome.

RIPWELLSTONE Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    He played a gig in San Quentin with Shooter Jennings. He is taking the Johhny Cash thing a little bit too far.
    I agree.. I don't think his singing was all that great, but I guess he can afford to follow his bliss..

Yeah....he is 'retired' until the next acting job that comes around...
    Wanna see my grandkids?

this could be one big publicity stunt too...
    pull the string!

Quote Originally Posted by hell0kitty View Post
    this could be one big publicity stunt too...
    It usually always is

Chevyheaven Guest
    He should just say that he is taking a break from acting. The only thing in life that is permanent is death. He is one of the biggest talents in Hollywood. I have watched him since he was in Spacecamp as a little boy, his name than was leif or something like that.
    He will be back im sure of it.

Never cared for him as an actor and have of course never heard him sing. River had him beat two ways to Sunday, IMHO. However, that scene in Walked the Line where they were having Thanksgiving dinner and Johnny got into it with his old man, the look that came over JP face just scared the bejus out of me.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyheaven View Post
    He should just say that he is taking a break from acting. The only thing in life that is permanent is death. He is one of the biggest talents in Hollywood. I have watched him since he was in Spacecamp as a little boy, his name than was leif or something like that.
    He will be back im sure of it.

lol you bet, after he gets sick of strumming his gitfiddle its back to the screen for sure lol
    pull the string!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Joaquin Phoenix Says "Bye! Good" To Hollywood

Joaquin, Joaquin, Joaquin... Have you been smoking out with Ashley Todd?
    So... As some of you may know, Joaquin Phoenix is saying "BYE! GOOD" to his thespian days and focusing all his precious time on music (aka toking, boozing and strumming a guitar every now and again).
    Last night, Joaquin rolled out of his refrigerator box house, picked a couple of rogue scabies off of his one good jacket, fished a half-smoked ciggie from the gutter and showed up to the premiere of his final movie "Two Lovers" with a "BYE! GOOD" message to Hollywood.
    It's going to be interesting to see how this dyslexic little drunkard (like I should talk) will be writing songs for his new music career! The thing is, in two or three years when he's blown all of his cash on hookers and hooch, he'll probably come crawling back to Hollywood on his knees like a crackie sucking dick in a truck stop bathroom stall hoping bitches don't notice. He'll go around begging for the leading role in the direct to DVD feature, Walk The Line 2: The Passion Of The Cash.
    That being said, I'd hit it, hairlip and all! Or should I say, "It! Hit I'd".

RaRaRamona Guest
    I've laughed at this almost ever day. I take that back. It has been every day.

onekindsistah Guest
    I think he's a good singer - he sang the Johnny Cash songs in Walk the Line.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onekindsistah View Post
    I'm gonna need to hear more proof. Or in his case, decipher it from his hand gestures.

RubySlippers Guest
    i agree. i wonder what kind of music. does anyone know?

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by keeunjames View Post
    Yes she did. The most over produced crap you could hear. I believe it's all Tom Waites songs and they throw in every bell, whistle and all those instruments from Whoville to cover up her voice. I own it. Someone gave it to me (DID SO!!!!!!). Got 2 plays and dats all folks.
    So you are the one who has the album! eeekkk 2 plays too many me thinks....

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I've laughed at this almost ever day. I take that back. It has been every day.
    Baaahaaaaaaaaaa I just saw it and I thinks I will join you in the laugh per day at the BYE! GOOD! HA! Too funny, he must have gotten some handy tips from that fake beat up B lady.. you know who I mean.

Flowergrrl Guest
    I totally agree... Don't know how he would do on another project but he did great on that one.

dyslexic little drunkard

too funny.

Layla331 Guest
    I think when you announce your "retiring" from music or acting you should have to stick to it...i think we'd see alot less retirements and back in a year..

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Hopefully he'll leave the Johnny Cash stuff on the back burner and go with something new .
    I liked him with Mel Gibson in 'Signs' but haven't cared much for anything else he's done. Strange guy.