Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Elvis Presley

atlantis Guest
    Wait, you have to be a guy to put that smiley face after "and how many at one time"!!!!! heh heh!!!

Thanks for the heads up about catching the Good Morning America on youtube. Duh. God, I love youtube.

Uncle Milte's Huge Wanger Guest
    I'm with you totally. They think it would damage the image and therefore the $$$. But it really wouldn't. It's like they want us to have the sanitized 60's movie character Elvis as what we get to see. Elvis didn't get into music because he wanted to someday give strangers new cars. He got into it to party, get chicks, and become famous. I want to hear about that! I've heard that if you go to the Wynn in Vegas and get to spend time with Esposito (who is a greeter there), you may be able to pry some good stories out of him over a drink or two.

Atlantis, how many women are going to choose "Uncle Milte's Huge Wanger" as their nickname?

I don't need to see any autopsy report. Elvis died because he tried to double his dose of drugs, according to Dr. Nichopolous and one or two others. He was given a daily "packet" of all his "prescriptions" and the ones to make him sleep didn't, so he took another packet. The shock (I forget what it's called, apophylactic or something like that) was too much for his heart, which was progressively diseased due to diet, and he died. End of story. I don't think there's much doubt.

I think the re-examination of the medical stuff I read left only one thing in doubt and that was whether it was "straining at stool" that triggered the failure of his heart. In fact, some of the old guys I work with (I'm only 37, they are in their late 50's and up) tell me that their doctors tell them not to "push too hard" because it can trigger a heart attack "just like it did to Elvis."

Darrianne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Milte's Huge Wanger View Post
    Atlantis, how many women are going to choose "Uncle Milte's Huge Wanger" as their nickname?
    I'm hoping - um - NONE!

atlantis Guest
    Oh, hahahahahaha, your nickname didn't register!! That's too funny! Yes, I don't need to see the autopsy report, either but I want to know why they made it private. I know drugs killed E. It seems they are trying to hide stuff. I hate that.

Esposito is a greeter in Vegas???????????? No shit?

Yes, at the Wynn Resort. You can arrange to be there when he is working if you call ahead. If you are pleasant enough, and not strange, he can even be convinced to grab a drink with you or chat for a good while. I hear he's even been known to talk about the real Elvis (the partying, womanizing Elvis) if he gets the right vibe from you. If you are a retired homemaker wearing an oversized Elvis tee-shirt, with a purse that you carry by putting the strap around your neck, with a camera hanging down, and wearing white sneakers from KMart, he probably won't be telling you much you can't read or see on TV.

atlantis Guest
    oh, hahahahahaha! I bet if I go up to him with my boobs hanging out I'll get some good info. A few Xanax for him wouldn't hurt, I'm sure. I cannot believe he's a freakin' greeter at the Wynn. Thanks for the heads up :-) When I go, I'll share the info here. I have my ways to make people talk...heh heh heh

Shit, I'll have to leave my Elvis purse at home (for real).

Atlantis, just to be sure that your techniques/methods will work, I will be happy to pre-screen any photos you have of the aforementioned boobs. Just to, you know, help you out and all.

onehunglow Guest
    I thought he was OK but never a huge fan. Then when I heard about his hitting a woman with a pool stick and paying off to keep her mouth shut, I had no time for him. My band won't play one song of his even though all we do is 50's & 60's Rock & Country.

atlantis Guest
    Uncle Milte, you are real trooper in the fight for the truth! Thank you for your sacrifices. Carry on (salutes).

I think that was the Oprah thing that they did. She claimed that Oprah was the first "non-family" member invited to eat in the dining room. Although, like I said, you have to imagine that most of these claims are designed to increase the allure and draw more visitors. I have learned that growing up, Lisa Marie actually had parties in the house. Parties that caused the property manager concern because there were all sorts of strangers meandering about the property and through the house, loud music, drinking etc. And don't forget, Graceland didn't open until 1982 for tours, so that was 5 years that the house was "lived in" by Elvis' actual housekeepers, cook, his uncle, etc. They mean to tell us that nothing in the entire house was disturbed during those five years? The idea that it is a pristine time-capsule of Elvis' life was created by the company that controls everything now. In fact, Priscilla had to go back and re-design everything to make it more how Elvis had it instead of how it had become.
    Graceland has never said that the house is exactly as Elvis left it, they say that the house is decorated as it was the majority of the time that Elvis lived there...In fact when he died the front two formal rooms were red and white...Linda Thompson had that done in the mid-70's before they seperated...I have pics that Elvis' cousin gave me and they are tacky...lol...If I can find them and get them scanned I will post them...

As for who is allowed upstairs - very few people...and no, the ones who are allowed up there do not take friends, family or others up there...I can attest to that...I am a former employee and used to beg to go up there everytime I knew someone was headed up the steps (which they never use the ones in the front foyer only the ones from the kitchen) and even now everytime I go back and meet the gang for lunch I beg some more...lol...and my good friend, Angie, was the one that Lisa told she was taking the hanky...

Great!

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaFlyBoy View Post
    Graceland has never said that the house is exactly as Elvis left it, they say that the house is decorated as it was the majority of the time that Elvis lived there...In fact when he died the front two formal rooms were red and white...Linda Thompson had that done in the mid-70's before they seperated...I have pics that Elvis' cousin gave me and they are tacky...lol...If I can find them and get them scanned I will post them...

As for who is allowed upstairs - very few people...and no, the ones who are allowed up there do not take friends, family or others up there...I can attest to that...I am a former employee and used to beg to go up there everytime I knew someone was headed up the steps (which they never use the ones in the front foyer only the ones from the kitchen) and even now everytime I go back and meet the gang for lunch I beg some more...lol...and my good friend, Angie, was the one that Lisa told she was taking the hanky...
    Would LOVE to see the photos, Deltaflyboy, if you have them. And hear anything else you have to say also.

Danny62 Guest

Pitures of Elvis's Bedroom!!

Here is a link that has supposed authentic pic's of Elvis's bedroom and bathroom. They have been closed off and left exactly as is since 1977!!

http://www.linkydinky.com/graceland/

GODDESS6 Guest
    cool, i have been trying to find the footage aired recently when lisa marie took i think GMA on a tour of things never seen, they were going to show stuff from lisa marie's room, such as her round crib~ does anyone know where to find this?~

Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    cool, i have been trying to find the footage aired recently when lisa marie took i think GMA on a tour of things never seen, they were going to show stuff from lisa marie's room, such as her round crib~ does anyone know where to find this?~
    It's on youtube - look under "good morning america lisa marie presley". It's in two parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Here is a link that has supposed authentic pic's of Elvis's bedroom and bathroom. They have been closed off and left exactly as is since 1977!!

http://www.linkydinky.com/graceland/
    Too cool! Thanks Danny!

I saw this awhile ago..thanks for posting it! That'll be my in my heaven, too. Being upstairs in Elvis's bed...why not?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Too cool! Thanks Danny!
    Your welcome!

Have they really not washed the sheets on the bed since Elvis last slept in it??

That is like way gross!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will have to watch that tonight.

GODDESS6 Guest
    It's on youtube - look under "good morning america lisa marie presley". It's in two parts.
    THANX!!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Your welcome!

Have they really not washed the sheets on the bed since Elvis last slept in it??

That is like way gross!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will have to watch that tonight.
    Maybe they can scrape some DNA off of and make an Elvis clone!

But yeah, that is kind of gross - they could have at least washed the sheets before they stored them.

I wonder if Lisa requested they didn't so she can "smell" her dad every once in a while? I know -gross!

There is an Elvis thread on here where we talked about this. These pictures are old, taken by Linda Thompson and her girlfriend when she was dating Elvis. They are not accurate pictures of how Elvis' room was when he died. And also, unlike the claims on the link, it is not exactly the same as the day he died with everything being left as-is. Most of the items were removed from the room, catalogued, and put into storage where they would not degrade. From what I have learned, the furniture remains, but everything else is gone. Additionally, there was an entire period of 5 years (77-82) in which the house was lived in by Elvis' father, uncle, cooks, housekeepers, etc. Although his father died in 79. The "time capsule" myth is part of the allure-by-design.

don't forget aunt delta.

There is an Elvis thread on here where we talked about this. These pictures are old, taken by Linda Thompson and her girlfriend when she was dating Elvis. They are not accurate pictures of how Elvis' room was when he died. And also, unlike the claims on the link, it is not exactly the same as the day he died with everything being left as-is. Most of the items were removed from the room, catalogued, and put into storage where they would not degrade. From what I have learned, the furniture remains, but everything else is gone. Additionally, there was an entire period of 5 years (77-82) in which the house was lived in by Elvis' father, uncle, cooks, housekeepers, etc. Although his father died in 79. The "time capsule" myth is part of the allure-by-design.
    That all may be true, but it's still cool to see those photos when all we've seen is the downstairs mainly.

GODDESS6 Guest
    all the segments on youtube end before they show lisa's childhood bedroom, can someone PLEASE be kind enuf to post me a link~ PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...Aries65~ my mom & dad argued when i was born as to what to name me, i was born just a few months after lisa & my mom wanted to name me lisa marie after her & my dad aretha cirquette<<<don't ask...LOLOLOL, so they settled on jill~ so i have always been curious about lisa & when i recorded the segmant on my dvr when it aired, there was a flippin' error~

Is it just me, or does the computer aged Elvis look an awful lot like the older Marlon Brando?

WendyK Guest
    Thanks for the link Danny! That was very interesting! I watched Larry King the night he took the tour of Graceland with Priscilla that was pretty cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    all the segments on youtube end before they show lisa's childhood bedroom, can someone PLEASE be kind enuf to post me a link~ PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...Aries65~ my mom & dad argued when i was born as to what to name me, i was born just a few months after lisa & my mom wanted to name me lisa marie after her & my dad aretha cirquette<<<don't ask...LOLOLOL, so they settled on jill~ so i have always been curious about lisa & when i recorded the segmant on my dvr when it aired, there was a flippin' error~
    On that GMA I saw on Youtube, I don't remember seeing Lisa's bedroom either. They may not have ever showed it. Sorry...

Hopefully someone can chime in with it here. You may want to check out the Larry King one mentioned below - if it's on Youtube.

GODDESS6 Guest
    On that GMA I saw on Youtube, I don't remember seeing Lisa's bedroom either. They may not have ever showed it. Sorry...

Hopefully someone can chime in with it here. You may want to check out the Larry King one mentioned below - if it's on Youtube.
    thanx so much~

Scatter Guest
    It's true that Elvis' room has not been kept intact.It was still as he left it as late as 1981 during the filming of This Is Elvis. This film is available right now on DVD, and you can get a view of the upstairs on that film including Lisa Marie's bedroom, Elvis' bedroom,a glimpse of Elvis' office and hallway, and the bathroom just as a peek through a slightly opened door.

Here is a link to the layout of Elvis' bedroom suite..........scroll down the thread and you will see the graphic.

http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/index.ph...eland+upstairs

GMA nor larry king filmed upstairs in the mansion...there is not much left up there anyways...and Lisa's round bed was on display in the Sincerely Elvis Museum in the Graceland plaza for years...

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaFlyBoy View Post
    GMA nor larry king filmed upstairs in the mansion...there is not much left up there anyways...and Lisa's round bed was on display in the Sincerely Elvis Museum in the Graceland plaza for years...
    is it the crib, i just remeber the preview for the GMA segment & they showed a quick glimpse of a round crib~ it has been sriving me nuts!!!~

thanx to everyone for all the info tho, i have seen things i had yet to see~

SuckMyKiss Guest
    Wow. Thanks for sharing that. It was my dad's dream to go to Graceland. We went for his 40th birthday. Such a cool place. I always wondered what the bedroom looked like though. Thanks for that.

Tugboat25 Guest
    Nice job Danny. Thanks for finding that page and posting here.

Tugboat25 Guest
    Maybe they can scrape some DNA off of and make an Elvis clone!

But yeah, that is kind of gross - they could have at least washed the sheets before they stored them.

I wonder if Lisa requested they didn't so she can "smell" her dad every once in a while? I know -gross!
    Why wash them? It's not like anyone else will ever sleep on them.
    If you came into possession of authentic Elvis used bed sheets, would you wash them? I sure wouldn't!
    Plus who knows, maybe Elvis had clean sheets everyday and perhaps they weren't "soiled".
    I just thought it was cool that they left the used sheets on.

BeanBoyGirl Guest
    I don't think they kept it intact, although if they it would be so freaking awesome. I put some everday products away so one day I can show my grandkids. I always wished my grandparents saved things like soap or shampoo from the 40's and 50's. I mean how cool would that be?

SuckMyKiss Guest
    I thought about doing that. It's not the same but my grandad saved a whole load of his stuff from the war. I still have it to this day.

We made a time capsule at primary school, but they built a huge sports hall over where we buried it a few years back so god knows what happened to that.

Catherine of Siena Guest
    A monsterpiece of vulgarity! But then, what else could one expect?

Also, why did homosexual Nicholas Cage marry Lisa Marie - other than for her money, that is?

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine of Siena View Post
    Also, why did homosexual Nicholas Cage marry Lisa Marie - other than for her money, that is?
    Nic Cage Gay? Say it isn't so - Catherine!

I've never heard anything about it - anyone else?

Tugboat25 Guest
    I never heard Cage was gay, not a single rumor ever. He doesn't strike me as gay either but then again, I don't know him or his private life.
    I will say however, that is wife is really lovely to look at.

Lobsters Guest
    I wonder if Lisa Marie ever let Michael Jackson in there??

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scatter View Post
    It's true that Elvis' room has not been kept intact.It was still as he left it as late as 1981 during the filming of This Is Elvis. This film is available right now on DVD, and you can get a view of the upstairs on that film including Lisa Marie's bedroom, Elvis' bedroom,a glimpse of Elvis' office and hallway, and the bathroom just as a peek through a slightly opened door.

Here is a link to the layout of Elvis' bedroom suite..........scroll down the thread and you will see the graphic.

http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/index.ph...eland+upstairs
    thanx for the info, i just bought the dvd off of amazon, can't wait to watch!!!~

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobsters View Post
    I wonder if Lisa Marie ever let Michael Jackson in there??
    According to the link I posted with the pics it said she did. Don't know if its true or not??

Hello, All!

I, too, am a huge Elvis fan. I'm actually born and raised (and sitting right now) here in beautiful Tupelo, MS - birthplace of Elvis. Boy can I tell you guys some stories from here! Although, I don't know how many have been published so you may already know them...

magblax Guest
    His last words were to his cousin Billy Smith, " Billy Son, This is going to be my best tour ever."

MPetro108 Guest
    I'm with you totally. They think it would damage the image and therefore the $$$. But it really wouldn't. It's like they want us to have the sanitized 60's movie character Elvis as what we get to see. Elvis didn't get into music because he wanted to someday give strangers new cars. He got into it to party, get chicks, and become famous. I want to hear about that! I've heard that if you go to the Wynn in Vegas and get to spend time with Esposito (who is a greeter there), you may be able to pry some good stories out of him over a drink or two.
    As long as you pay, I'm sure Joe will be more than happy to talk

MPetro108 Guest
    When Elvis died, another famous musician, I can't remember who, was quoted as saying "great career move" in response. I think this it's true that him dying at a young age added to his fame, although he was probably the most famous person outside of Jesus Christ already. But I really think that if he was still alive today, he would probably be a country-western and gospel singer, he would have sold Graceland (which he had expressed interest in doing), and he would be probably a couple of steps above Johnny Cash in fame. Since they both started out together at the same time, and since Elvis was always more famous that Johnny when they both lived, you can imagine that would have continued. So, Graceland probably wouldn't even exist anymore, since the area surrounding it had become a commercial district and nobody with enough money to buy it would want to live in that area, they would just buy something in one of the newer, ritzy neighborhoods. Most likely, Elvis would be living in the Nashville area with the other country stars and some developer would have bought Graceland and torn it down. Just interesting to think about.
    This is an interesting thought, although I thought Elvis didn't care for Nashville.... When did he express an interest in selling Graceland? Again, it's my understanding he planned to stay there... I could be wrong.

Rev.josh Guest
    [quote=Uncle Milte's Huge Wanger;7837]I don't need to see any autospy report. quote]

Personally I would like to see a full report.

I think after all these years of rumors, scandal, and speculation they put an end to the debate.

2 ways,to put an end to all doubt.

1. release autospy report, with photos

2. dig him up and lets do a DNA test on the body.

That would end all doubt.

I think if he didnt fake his death I would be surpised (for the reasons listed above).

Do I think he lives in middle America and visits Burger King in his white jump suit? heck No!

But living in a foreign land, could be possible.

The Last song, of the last concert....When you read the words it is very strange...when you understand he would be "dead" in 2 months:

And now the end is near
    So I face the final curtain
    My friend, Ill say it clear
    Ill state my case of which Im certain

Ive lived a life thats full
    Ive traveled each and every highway
    And more, much more than this
    I did it my way

One more weird fact about this last song, last concert....he read the words because he didnt know the song by memory.

Not to mention the fact that he sang "Blue Christmas" in the middle of June. It was almost as if he knew he wouldn't see Christmas of 77. Hmmmm.....nah, he's dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!