Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheesy things from the 80'S

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Isn't sun in just hydrogen peroxide that has scent added to it?

How about using baby oil for tanning oil?

**Jenna** Guest
    My sister always used baby oil. Of course she would get nice and brown, me I would end up looking like a lobster.Can't tan even to this day.

smooches27 Guest
    Pound Puppies!!!!

**Jenna** Guest
    Pound Puppies were so cute. The rubex cube came out in the 80's didn't it? That Kenny Rogers movie The Gambler, I think came out in the 80's also. Laser Tag, never played that though.
    Last edited by **Jenna**; 04-16-2008 at 06:19 AM.

Jazbabee Guest
    I will admit, I didn't go thur the entire thread, so please forgive me if posted already. The Walkman and banana hair clips are 2 things that immediately come to mind for me.

Happy Squid Guest
    Shirts buttoned up to the collar, with a nice dime store brooch. ClamDiggers, neon green socks, using black candles and few well chosen Souxsie and the Banshee tapes to try to seduce DeathRock girlies, rich kids with skateboards and Anarchy buttons.

I could go on for days..

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    I will admit, I didn't go thur the entire thread, so please forgive me if posted already. The Walkman and banana hair clips are 2 things that immediately come to mind for me.
    I wore those banana clips even in part of the 90's.

**Jenna** Guest
    Hello Kitty, that was from the 80's right? My sister had a white stuffed dog with pick hair and collar, think it was called poochie or something like that. Also there were Alvin and the Chipmunk stuffed animals. My sister had Simon,I always wanted Alvin.I remember having a tape recorder ,but those prolly came out before the 80's. We also got cable,the first movie I remember watching was 9 to 5.

JestersKiss Guest
    Pound Puppies

Bananarama! The Go Go's! Brown lip liner with frosted pink lipstick! Shoulder Pads! Tanning beds!!

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JestersKiss View Post
    Pound Puppies
    Pound Puppy, you're my one and only puppy love!

How bout stirrup pants? I had more than I care to remember, in every color.

**Jenna** Guest
    I loved stirrup pants. Had a pink and a black pair. I thought I was hot stuff too!

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by laynestaleyfan View Post
    I loved stirrup pants. Had a pink and a black pair. I thought I was hot stuff too!
    Oh yea, I did too. I still have many pictures of me in my pants!

mel306 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by laynestaleyfan View Post
    I actually miss them. With a big shirt, I was all comfy and ready for school when I had PMS. lol

**Jenna** Guest
    LOL those were comfy.

I didn't like the stirrup pants 'cause I didn't like the feel of the strap under my foot.
    I had the regular leggings though in just about every color! I remember dressing like a preppy too with the topsider shoes and polo shirts and pullover sweaters. GAWD!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Don't forget to start your day with a nutritious breakfast!

**Jenna** Guest
    I had some polo shirts just had to have the collar turned up,I had penny loafers too!

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I went through the preppy and the punk stage back in high school.

My favorite preppy outfit was a pair of kelly green pants, a button down shirt with pink and green flowers and a pink sweater with green bands and my initials on it. I wore it of course, with my white flats and no socks and pearls.

As you do.

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    I went through the preppy and the punk stage back in high school.

My favorite preppy outfit was a pair of kelly green pants, a button down shirt with pink and green flowers and a pink sweater with green bands and my initials on it. I wore it of course, with my white flats and no socks and pearls.

As you do.
    That sounds pretty. I had a pair of grey flats that I wore lots. I was in 5th grade and thought I was sexy with those shoes!

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    60%.

Bloody hell, I knew the crocodile dundee question. I am ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by PvN73 View Post
    60%.

Bloody hell, I knew the crocodile dundee question. I am ashamed.
    Why? He is the epitome of an Australian and the apogee of Oziness.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Why? He is the epitome of an Australian and the apogee of Oziness.
    NO HE IS NOT.

Stop it.

mel306 Guest
    OMG there was a woman on the train today who had her eye shadow like we wore in the eighties and by that I mean, when we were totally young and stupid!

The shadow was blue, from the base of her lid to the brow, and half was light blue and the other half darker. And I mean split vertically! Can you picture this?

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mel306 View Post
    OMG there was a woman on the train today who had her eye shadow like we wore in the eighties and by that I mean, when we were totally young and stupid!

The shadow was blue, from the base of her lid to the brow, and half was light blue and the other half darker. And I mean split vertically! Can you picture this?
    Is this the basic look?

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    Is this the basic look?

MY EYES! MY EYES!!!

That was TOO funny JJ!!! You rock!

secretsquirrel13 Guest

Cheesiest 80's videos

Well...I was gonna start a thread, but after searching I found this one and figured it was close enough that it would probably get merged...so...

My brother and I started on a kick last night of looking up the cheesiest 80's videos on youtube...

This was the one he started with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTClsWzUHBo

And these 2 were mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtCtZ5x9EJI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQBQlFZyZ-c

Anyone else remember some totally cheesy 80's videos??

Overtaxed Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Actually....I don't REMEMBER alot of the 80's.

LOL
    Besides depleting the Ozone Layer with all the Hair Product everybody used, sadly, I just remembered the reason I don't remember much about the '80's - COCAINE!

rubic's cube

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Aqua Net hairspray for the sky high bangs.

Roaming Tigress Guest
    The hair. My parents were big on crimping our hair.
    Mario Bros, pretty much everything old-school Nintendo.
    Pound Puppies.
    Stirrup Pants.
    Fivel (I still love this movie).
    Popples.
    The Wuzzels.
    DuckTales.
    Strawberry Shortcake.
    Cabbage Patch Kids.
    Care Bears.
    Dino Riders.
    All those toy, cereal, board game and candy advertisements.
    Muppet Babies.
    Last edited by Roaming Tigress; 08-23-2008 at 12:46 AM.

One word: Wham!

Nvr_Sk_to_Tll Guest
    Like to think that this sums up several female fashion...issues...of the 80s...Mostly the mullet and the larger hair styles...

monroe27 Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by PvN73 View Post
    You Know You Grew Up In The 80's If...
    1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word "PSYCHE".
    2. You watched the Pound Puppies.
    3. You can sing the rap to the "Fresh Prince of Belair " ...and can do the "Carlton".
    4. Girls wore biker shorts under their skirts and felt stylishly sexy.
    5. You yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters club and tried to start a club of your own.
    6. You owned those lil' Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls.
    7. "WOAH " comes from Joey on Blossom.
    8. Two words: Hammer Pants.
    9. If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock ".
    10. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars... and "spokey-dokes" or playing cards on your spokes for that incredible sound effect.
    11. You can sing the entire theme song to "Duck Tales ". (Woo ooh!)
    12. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
    13. When it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
    14. You saw the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles " on the big screen... and still know the turtles names.
    15. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.
    16. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.
    17. You played the game "MASH ". (Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House)
    18. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.
    19. L.A. Gear... need I say more.
    20. You wanted to change your name to "JEM " in Kindergarten. (She's truly outrageous)
    21. You remember reading "Tales of a fourth grade nothing " and all the Ramona books.
    22. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF".
    23. You wanted to be a Goonie.
    24. You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (some of us... head-to-toe)
    25. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted.
    26. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
    27. You took lunch boxes to school... and traded Garbage Pail Kids in the schoolyard.
    28. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
    29. You still get the urge to say "NOT " after every sentence.
    30. You remember Hypercolor t-shirts.
    31. Barbie and the Rockers was your favorite band.
    32. You thought She-ra (Princess of Power!) and He-Man should hookup.
    33. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
    34. You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes. (and like #24, probably in neon colors, too)
    35. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I?"
    36. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up"
    37. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.
    38. You ever got seriously injured on a Slip and Slide.
    39. You have ever played with a Skip-It.
    40. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonalds.
    41. You've gone through this nodding your head in agreement.
    42. You remember Popples.
    43. "Don't worry, be happy"
    44. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks.
    45. You wore socks scrunched down (and sometimes still do...getting yelled at by "younger hip" members of the family)
    46. "Miss MARY MACK MACK MACK, all dressed in BLACK BLACK BLACK "
    47. You remember boom boxes. and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.
    48. You remember watching both "Gremlins" movies.
    49. You know what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare!"
    50. You remember watching "Rainbow Bright" and "My Little Pony Tales "
    51. You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot.
    52. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.
    53. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool... and don't even flinch when people refer to them as "NKOTB".
    54. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By the Bell ", the ORIGINAL class.
    55. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.
    56. You just sang those words to yourself.
    57.You remember watching Magic vs. Bird.
    58. Homemade Levi shorts. (the shorter the better)
    59. You remember when mullets were cool!
    60. You had a mullet!
    61. You still sing "We are the World"
    62. You tight rolled your jeans.
    63. You owned a bannana clip.
    64. You remember "Where's the Beef?"
    65. You used to (and probably still do) say "What you talkin' about Willis?"
    66. You had big hair and you knew how to use it.
    67. You're still singing shot through the heart in your head,aren't you!
    Oh wow, I remember and experienced almost all of those. I was born in 1980, and I remember just about everythong. I also remember my older brother having an Atari, and he used to bribe my sis and I with it. If it was his night to do dishes, he would be like " Hey I will let you play Atari if you do the dishes". I also still have a lot of my rainbow bright and strawberry shortcake memrobillia. I also have all of my barbies. I saved my stuff in case i had a girl someday ( hopefully she will be). Anyone remeber the 80's Ken dolls? They were not wearing the plastic underwear that they wear these days.

Morto Guest
    Remember the "Familiare" shoes with the wavy soles?.....lol

lisalouver Guest
    Someone mentioned baby oil to tan with and not only that but how about the tinfoil looking blankets that you laid on your lawnchair to get more rays?

I remember all the things on that list and it made me giggle.

Does McDonalds even do birthday parties anymore?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

cynnbox Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Does McDonalds even do birthday parties anymore?
    yes..i went to a 2 year olds bday party there in June. Not much changed.

hehe

opheliahardin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by secretsquirrel13 View Post

Anyone else remember some totally cheesy 80's videos??
    Here's one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYe53YwErGM

Tyler77 Guest
    I remember when Debbie Gibson was merchandising her "Electric Youth" perfume--every girl in school wore it--I can just remember the smell--it had a lightning bolt inside the glass container.

I also remmebr using Stiff Stuff hair gel ad nauseum.

Were slam books an 80's thing???--it was a notebook that we passed around in school, and everyone "slammed" someone by writing the cruelest things about the people they hated the most!!!!!!

mrnorrischangestrains Guest
    good stuff, I remember pink and shades of purple. Strawberry shortcake dolls were so cute, Garbage Pail Kids, all the good TV shows.

When we lived in Germany in 1984 all the guys were walking around with these foxtails on their key chains and those massive mullets. Funny, to this day, even though my 80s experience was totally U.K. and U.S. based mullets and mustaches remind me of those guys in Germany. Also, it was really popular to have a briefcase to carry to school, one with a brand name.

Did anyone here read Norma Klein? Liked her much more than Judy Blume, at least she used the f word once in a while. I guess I don't really have to mention Christopher Pike used to scare the s*** out of me. Oh yeah and leg warmers.

Wasn't that also when Diet Coke came out? I do remember tasting my first cherry coke in Europe but the place in Germany was so far behind the times, the first McDonald's didn't open there until 1984. And of course they had never heard of Burger King.

Also a short peeking out from underneath a cotton sweater over blue jeans and . . . I could go on. Brings back fond memories, especially of dressing up like a New Romantic when you were going to parties.

Cinnamon flavored toothpics. And chewing on them till they were a slimy pulp.

SusanCarole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    I had those rainbow suspenders like Mork back in 1980. Do you remember on Dick Clark's New Years Rockin' Eve of 79/80 when The Village People sang, "Are you ready fro the 80's?".LOL

I have a very vivid memory of that night and of the dick clark show. It was the first time i was allowed to stay up AND away from the house for new years eve. (i was 12 and with family)

SusanCarole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler77 View Post
    I remember installing neon lights in my bedroom (they were in that glass tubing that glowed neon colors)---loved neon!

The leather/suede jackets with the fringe hanging down from the bottom of the sleeves.

VO5 hair mousse. (I had VERY tall hair).

"Electric Youth" perfume that Debbie Gibson sold with the lightning bolt in the middle of the bottle.

Culture Club.

Those "Frankie Says Relax" t-shirts....

Swatch Watches (I must've had 10 of them.)

The big bulky socks that you scrunched down to your ankles (I think they were called slouch socks or wigwam socks) that you color co-ordinated with acid wash jeans.

Hair bands: Cinderella, Tesla, White Lion, Whitesnake, Grim Reaper, Europe, Winger, Sepultura, Warrant.

I think I'm gonna cry...

SusanCarole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
    I loved the 80's, lol.
    I had super big hair... I remember using hairspray called Stiff Stuff.
    I loved the hair bands and I remember doing ALOT of cocaine and alot of crank in the 80's.... lol.
    Big belts, big earrings, mane combs, acid washed jeans, granny boots.
    Mullets... how did THIS hairstyle come into existence? Was someone getting a haircut one day and the hairdresser cut the front and as they got to the back the person said "Oops... sorry, gotta go!"
    Two-toned jeans. Acid washed on the front and black or dark blue on the back. Remember?

SusanCarole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mommafreak View Post
    big fat colored earings to match your shirt or shoes. you could go all the way to the plane when saying goodbye, high hair and feathered hair, dorothy hamill haircuts, big tinted glasses, plaster casts and wooden crutches, looking for that little plastic thing that goes in the middle of a 45 to play your records, ditto pants, rocky balboa posters, man, i could go on.
    Do you remember when people would smoke in the grocery store? Thinking about that now, it seems gross.

SusanCarole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevyheaven View Post
    "WHERES THE BEEF?"

Most of them have been mentioned already course I was just a young man back then. I remember we just got cable. Our remote control was really big like a keyboard nowadays and had a cord attached to the box.
    The first cordless phones where huge and had metal antennas that you had to lift up to use.
    The small Timex computers.. had me one of them.
    Bonnie Tylers Totall eclipse of the heart and Islands in the stream by Dolly Parton
    Vans shoes were the shit
    Apple computer, intellivision and of course. ATARI
    Dynasty, Falcon Landing, Hart to Hart. Dukes of Hazzard. A-team, Thats Incredible.
    Wow I am starting to have flashbacks...
    Great time to be alive. I love the 80's
    I think the remote on a cord was a great idea. my husband always loses the remote

SusanCarole Guest
    Monchichi, Monchichi oh so soft and cuddly. I still have mine and i remember the song.

This is mostly a late 70s very early 80s remembrance, but remember the 6 packs of the returnable liter glass bottles of soda? I remember taking the empty bottles back to the grocery store and seeing giant stacks of them piled at the front of Albertsons or Handy Andy. Those motherfuckers exploded when you dropped them too. I was a latch-key kid (another 80s term!) and there were several instances of me running to the kitchen during a rerun of Different Strokes or Facts of Life at 3:30 on a Tuesday afternoon at home by myself to franticly pour a glass of Coca Cola during a commercial break only to inadverdently drop one of those liter sized glass boms sending shrapnel al over the exposed surfaces of my lower body. Screaming, picking bloody slivers of glass out of my legs, cursing and half crying yet being distracted by the exploits of those Park Avenue brothers or those upper class Peeskill hoes! Oh the memories! I cherish them.

SusanCarole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    Does anyone remember My Buddy??? That creepy doll??

My buddy, My buddy, wherever he goes, I go, My buddy and me like to climb up a tree, my buddy and me, the best friends we could be.

I didn't have one, but i remember the song.