Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sinead O' Connor

Sinead O' Connor

a great moment to see the nutty Sinead get booed and then "sing" some crappy song. Madison Square Garden 1992.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCk2YQS8vaw

Chevyheaven Guest
    My goodness. That was awful to watch. Poor Sinead. I really enjoy her music.
    This must have been after she said the Pope was the real enemy.
    I thought that was great. Shes got alot of balls eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyheaven View Post
    My goodness. That was awful to watch. Poor Sinead. I really enjoy her music.
    This must have been after she said the Pope was the real enemy.
    I thought that was great. Shes got alot of balls eh?
    this is what caused the booing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owa_CFBAWpw

Chevyheaven Guest
    Oh that. I kinda figured. That song was awful . It wasnt really a song just her talking.

Shes a really great singer. She tore up the pic of the pope to protest the catholic churchs abuse of chilfren. Seems like shed be praised for doing that now. Way ahead of her time. Anyways people suck and she rocks yeah shes a little kookoo would you rather listen to shit like Madonna?
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

My favorite song of hers is "Jerusalem" off of her Lion and the Cobra album.

sunshine74137 Guest
    She went on Oprah and said that she was a manic-depressive and that is what caused her to be so radical.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...sic-video.html

It's hard to believe that this is the Sinead O'Connor who, 20 years ago, stared intently into a camera and sang the now iconic song Nothing Compares 2 U.
    The Irish singer, renowned for her shaved head appearance, looked somewhat different as she was pictured in Dublin yesterday.
    Surprisingly, the 43-year-old campaigner was sporting a full head of hair which she teamed with a very dowdy-looking coat and flowing red dress.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1263325/Dowdy-Sinead-OConnor-barely-compares-shaved-head-look-iconic-music-video.html#ixzz0kHv3gS3r
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

After Benedict recently wrote a pastoral letter of apology relating to decades of sexual abuse of minors by priests in Ireland, O'Connor, who was physically abused as a child by her mother, responded by saying the letter was an insult.
    Writing in a piece appearing in the Washington Post last Sunday, she explained: 'To many people in my homeland, the pope's letter is an insult not only to our intelligence, but to our faith and to our country.'

imadeathhag Guest
    Its something how she tried to tell us all those years ago about the Catholic Church got slammed big time for it and now look what is happening.

endsleigh03 Guest
    She's 20 years older and alot heavier. Her voice is/was amazing.

And it looks like she may have had something there about the pope.

Somewhat scary. She reminds me a little of sandra good; that intensity. She takes herself too seriously. Comes across as though she has a need to spread the word about what she's figured out- thoughts so above most mere mortals.

KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

jaylene Guest
    She does take herself too seriously. She stood there
    and took it tho while they keep booing her. Now look at
    the Catholic Church. Sure hope out of all the people
    booing her it wasn't one of their kids that was molested
    or abused.

I was actually watching the night she ripped up a picture of the pope. I was around 20 years old, and I had no idea why she was doing it. Back then she was a kook- and kind of has been ever since- didn't she become a priest at one point or something?

Now she's being proven right and has her voice. I think she's still kind of a nut, but admire her for taking a stand.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Noreen Guest
    Sinead was my hero for doing that way back when. I still love her and her music is
    stunning. All raw emotion. She's still a hero of mine!

sablegsd Guest
    I cheered when she did that and I knew she was going to be villified for doing it.
    She's got ovaries.

Saw her on the news the other night. Like her with her hair grown out.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

I for one I'm very happy that Sinead O'Connor is back in the
    news and talking about what has happened.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sablegsd View Post
    I cheered when she did that and I knew she was going to be villified for doing it.
    She's got ovaries.
    She's got big huge furry pendulous ovaries, man. In retrospect, that was pretty incredible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Wow, that was some huge-open-mouthed-but-totally-straight-bromance greeting. (爆)~RaRa

WendyK Guest
    I remember that song " Nothing Compare's to You" like starting my period...Well actually it was the same time. I never did understand the BUZZ CUT?

doyleloyal Guest
    i always thought she was brilliant but wayyyyyyyy ahead of her time. No one has a voice like that. I actually don't think she's a priest anymore but i could be wrong. I remember watching her do that concert in 94' with Kris kerstofferson and some other singers and the audience booed her off stage because she wouldn't sing the national anthem and when she left the stage Kris told her "don't let the bastards get you down." Crazy stuff. I always thought she was justified in that act I mean why sing an anthem that isn't yours? People got too hopped up over her she could've gone so much farther with her career if everyone would've just calmed the hell down. still love her tho!!!!

endsleigh03 Guest
    Just watched a few vids, including Nothing Compares.
    She had a beautiful face. Not too many can get away with hair that short and look that good. Her eyes are also stunning.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    She was a pioneer. I've always loved her, and still listen to her music probably more than I should.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Sinead has a new look and you can't tell it's her

http://www.eonline.com/news/sin233ad...gn=rss_fashion

oops not a new look, it was already covered in this thread but it is....worse now I think.
    Last edited by endsleigh03; 08-09-2011 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post

Are you sure you didn't post a link to one of the sisters from Heart or that gal from Wilson Phillips?

oops not a new look, it was already covered in this thread but it is....worse now I think.
    Well she looks.....ummm.....healthy.

MUCH worse
    I don't feel so bad about my poor old 50 something bod.....

Mammy Guest
    She looks like Rumor Willis! I would have never recognized her.

Love the crucifix. Bet the Pope thinks it is just peachy.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

stacebabe Guest
    ha! I need to read clearer. I thought the title of this was "Sinead O'Connor Gets Boned - 1992". I began to think just about anything else in the world would be more interesting than Sinead O'Connor getting boned 19 years ago.

then again, I clicked the link anyway, so what does that tell you about me?

The Lucky One Guest
    I read the comments under the picture. I'll admit, I did chuckle, but in all honesty, even back in the day, I loved Sinead, not at all for the way she looked, but for her voice and her passion and drive. 19 years looks like she may have done some maturing with 4 kids. The half shirt still says she is daring, but I wish her the best of luck! My 3 favorite songs by her were Mandinka, I(I Want Your) Hands On Me, followed by The Emperor's New Clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post
    I was actually watching the night she ripped up a picture of the pope. I was around 20 years old, and I had no idea why she was doing it. Back then she was a kook- and kind of has been ever since- didn't she become a priest at one point or something?

Now she's being proven right and has her voice. I think she's still kind of a nut, but admire her for taking a stand.
    I was watching that night too (I was a bit older though ).

If I recall, she cried after she got booed (not on camera) or it could have been after she damanded that national anthems not be played at her concerts. I can't remember, I'm old now so my memory is not what it used to be.

slingshot Guest
    What the fuck is up with her? She just got married a few weeks ago. Now she's tweeting this stuff....

Spent beautiful evening of love making with nine other than husband! Who turned up angelically we decided to be boyfriend and girlfriend guess whohad a mad love making affair with her own husband last night?

Yay!!! we decided to be boyfriend and girlfriend again an stay married but we did rush so we gonna return to b friend g friend
    an be sickenly happy an go counsellin an move in in like a yr like regular people.. but stay married an we all in love an fuck every other
    motherufcker who dont like it.. so me all happy!! me love me hubby.. he love me... fuck who no like it.. God is good!
    so sinead got laid!!!
    an all well.
    yay!!! me husband is a big hairy cave man an came to claim me with his club : ) and now im in cave-land.. yay!! we both go panto!
    So she was "making love" with nine other people and her husband walks in? Can this possibly be true? *excorcist head spin*

http://dlisted.com/2012/01/04/reunit...smells-ass-sex

Sounds like a typo. Im guessing she meant none other than.

So I gather spending the wedding night driving all over town to get grass for her has now been forgiven?

They deserve each other.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I should have added her in my death pool.

Singer Sinead O’Connor is recovering after a suicide bid – and seeking help with depression from her followers on Twitter.
    The Nothing Compares2U star has confirmed to the Irish Sun newspaper that she attempted suicide.
    The 45-year-old told the paper: “I took an overdose. God obviously wants me around - though I can’t think why.”
    The paper reports that Sinead took an initial overdose in Los Angeles and then tried to kill herself again in Ireland two days ago.
    She told her Twitter followers of the hell she is going through after the break-up and subsequent reconciliation with her new husband Barry Herridge. Approaches to her husband by members of the media are believed to have enraged the singer.
    The singer tweeted on Wednesday: “Does anyone know a psychiatrist in Dublin or Wicklow? I’m really unwell and in danger.”
    Asked about her Twitter plea, she told The Irish Sun: “I just had to make a cry for help”.

Read more: http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Sin...#ixzz1jGzbYc98
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Maybe she can start a help group. The first two members of the group are her and Heather Locklear.

Shes had a wild and rough life. Her mom was nuts and Sinead suffered extreme abuse as a child. Hope she gets the help she needs for her sake but esp for her childrens sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Ghost View Post
    Maybe she can start a help group. The first two members of the group are her and Heather Locklear.
    Good one

WTH is up with Heather? It seems like she od's every year. To say she has issues is an understatement.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

It was announced that Sinead split from her husband, again! Maybe it was nine and he is number 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Ghost View Post
    It was announced that Sinead split from her husband, again! Maybe it was nine and he is number 10?
    That's the third time this week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

She is living proof that some of the best talent comes from tortured souls. If she was so anti catholic I wish she had used more birth control. I feel bad about the children.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

just a matter of time before she is successful in leaving this planet

http://pagesix.com/2016/05/17/sinead...203.1395969249

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    If she was so anti catholic I wish she had used more birth control. I feel bad about the children.
    Amen. One of the things I hate most about social media is people that use it so much in regards to their children.

No one needed to know that her son was taken into protective custody, that is all on her.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

I hate Sinead never liked her. I do respect her decision to take off. She's going thru alot and she had a breakdown. When you suffer from mental illness which both of us clearly admit to. Any day you don't put the business end of a revolver in your mouth or don't take a handful of pills it shows the part of you that wants to stay is still stronger than the part of you that wants to go. For that I do respect her.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

she has threatened to jump off a bridge in Chicago

http://www.tmz.com/2016/06/23/sinead...-cops-scanner/