Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345613 ... LastLast

Thread: British Royal Family

ratkin638 Guest
    The Queen knows a putz when she sees one.

guardmom2008 Guest
    I think he'll ever get the thrown.

RubySlippers Guest
    i tend to agree. his son will be king before him.

Guest Guest
    I like Charles! Sure, he is eccentric, which is endearing! He is intelligent in general and has done many good things.
    I doubt he will ever be king though, that title will probably go to his horsey-faced son.

Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    i tend to agree. his son will be king before him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladpyre View Post
    I like Charles! Sure, he is eccentric, which is endearing! He is intelligent in general and has done many good things.
    I doubt he will ever be king though, that title will probably go to his horsey-faced son.
    Charlie will have the opportunity to be king before his son. Whether he abdicates or not is the $64,000 question.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaDeathHag View Post
    I know he took a lot of flack over the Diana divorce and was not the world's best husband, but he always seemed like a reasonably nice guy, I don't have any problem with him. But he'll either be dead or so old and out of it when his mother goes, I bet the crown goes straight to William.
    That's what I think.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Vladpyre View Post

i don't find prince william horsey faced....lol....i think he is rather handsome

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    i don't find prince william horsey faced....lol....i think he is rather handsome
    I find him smokin' hot.

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikealmonds View Post
    I find him smokin' hot.
    me too!
    Last edited by findadeathaddict; 03-15-2009 at 08:43 AM.

RubySlippers Guest
    i agree, but he is going bald (already). for me...a turn off. i wonder if he thought about doing something about that.

Jack'sGirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smellslikealmonds View Post
    I find him smokin' hot.
    Oh God, so do I! Thank God for Diana, she kept him from being as ugly as the rest of them.

I always thought the throne would go to William and not Charles.

Armcast, you kill me!

Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    i agree, but he is going bald (already). for me...a turn off. i wonder if he thought about doing something about that.
    hopefully, he is a member of the British Hair Club for Men

TrueBlueAngel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    I prefer Harry, hes a nice bit of rough!

stranger_than_strange Guest
    Yes have to admit Harry is much better looking than William these days.(have to agree balding and horse faced does nothing for me).
    After the Queen Mother died I kind of got over the royal family I think she was the last of the interesting ones.

FannyB1923 Guest
    Have you watched the PBS series on The Monarchy? It just started Wednesday night here, beginning with the Queen's tour of the DC area in 2007. (gawd I'm old- I remember when she visited the White House when Gerald Ford was President....and Captain & Tennille were criticized for singing "Muskrat Love")
    Anyhow, the first episode was all about the preparation and behind the scenes doings on the State visits. I saw a lot of the White House I'd never seen before. Interesting.

Both of Prince Charles' parents seem to be extremely long lived. Charles will probably live to an extremely old age with all that organic food, etc. He might even become King at 80 and live past 100.
    Camilla might be a flickering flame though. I understand she's smoked all her life. Even if she's quit now the damage is done. She doesn't look healthy, imo.
    Last edited by FannyB1923; 11-14-2008 at 07:09 PM.

Adiposeur Guest
    ^I caught the last part of it. I have always been so fasinated by the Royals. It's supposed to be a series. I can't wait for the next installment.

Lotusflower Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hotmama View Post
    i still have not understood why charles and camilla are such a scandal. he was in love with her for 35 years. sounds like true love to me. she was there way before diana was. this is why you should not marry a man who loves another woman. diana was used as a vessle to bringforth an heir to the throne. he did not love her. his parents made him marry her for the above name reason. so that goes to show what they thought of her in the first place. you can give a man all the ass in the world but that will not make him love you. i am happy he married his true love. this just goes to show how we parents should stay out of our kids' relationships.
    Whilst I agree with you in most you write, we shouldn't forget that in the middle of this was a young girl of 19 who went on to marry someone she was in love with. I think she was 20 years old when they married, and from what I have read, they had met very few times before they got engaged. I read in a book about her, that they actually met 13 times or so. I am glad that Charles got his Camilla, but think of all the suffering that could have been avoided if the royal family weren't such a stuck up bunch. Camilla married someone else, and wasn't seen as marriage material by the royals. She got around quite a bit, and when she realized that she wasn't accepted, she married Parker Bowles. One might say that Diana was naive, but she was just a kid in my opinion. Charles was adored by many women, and girls had posters of him on their walls (god knows why)

As I say... Diana was treated very badly in all of this, and I think it's disgusting how they used her. Sure, she might have had some issues, but she didn't have the experience to know anything. They got their heir producing virgin, and she got the short end of the stick, but had two lovely children. The fact that the children turned out so great is not thanks to that cold royal family, that's for sure.

FannyB1923 Guest
    Maybe, just maybe William and Kate will announce their engagement soon, having the wedding next summer. It would be good for the economy- all the tea towels and royal wedding mugs, etc.

LadyDay Guest
    Queen Victoria and those 9 children she had really started something. Just think, at the time of the first world war, King of England George V was first cousin to the Kaiser Wilhelm, first cousin to the tsar of russia and first cousin to the tsarina of Russia. Not to mention all the other European courts he was related to.

Liz and Phil are a bit too close in blood if you ask me, both descended from Queen Vicky.

All very incestuous.

BooMom Guest
    [quote=LadyDay;557517]
    Liz and Phil are a bit too close in blood if you ask me, both descended from Queen Vicky. quote]

Phillip descends from QV? Damn, I didn't know that.

LadyDay Guest
    [quote=BooMom;557650]
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyDay View Post
    Liz and Phil are a bit too close in blood if you ask me, both descended from Queen Vicky. quote]

Phillip descends from QV? Damn, I didn't know that.
    Phillip is a great great grandchild of Queen vic through his mother, plus he is related to Queen Liz on his father's side. His paternal grandfather was the brother of Liz's great-grandmother (Alexandra). So they're kind of double cousins.I

My_Smiling_Skull Guest

Queen Elizabeth II cuts back in hard times

LONDON (AFP) â?? Always concerned about staying in touch with her subjects, Queen Elizabeth II has invited the royal family to follow her example and tighten the purse strings during the financial downturn.
    The 82-year-old monarch has warned her grandsons Princes William, 26, and Harry, 24 -- third and fourth in line to the throne -- that all ostentatious signs of living it up would be inappropriate, according to newspapers.
    British subjects are apparently in no mood to see the young royals partying in exclusive London nightclubs while the kingdom sinks into recession, the cost of living rockets and jobs are lost.
    "Whatever is the mood of the nation, she (Queen Elizabeth) tries to go along with that mood," Nicholas Davies, an author of several books on the monarchy, told AFP.
    The sovereign has a personal fortune of 320 million pounds (475 million dollars, 355 million euros), according to The Sunday Times newspaper's 2008 Rich List, but is not a spendthrift.
    "She's not a flamboyant character and never has been," Davies said.
    "She is not someone who has gone and spoiled her children, because she doesn't believe in spoiling them. She would expect them all (the other royals) to follow her example this Christmas.
    "Children or grand-children, they will all behave in the same way. It is unlikely that this coming season we will see William and Harry going out to nightclubs, getting blind drunk and fooling around with attractive girls."
    Adapting to the credit crunch should not be difficult for Queen Elizabeth, who has long since garnered a reputation for looking after the pennies.
    For example, she insists that the Buckingham Palace lights are turned off when rooms are vacated and left-overs from banquets are re-used.
    Annual head of state expenditure has dropped from 87.3 million pounds in 1991-1992 to 40 million pounds in 2007-2008.
    In mid-October this year, during her state visit to Slovakia and Slovenia, she showed how she has cut back her wardrobe expenditure as a nod to the tougher times enveloping her subjects.
    For a state banquet in the the Slovene capital Ljubljana, the queen asked her dressmakers to make her a formal gown out of some material she was given more than 20 years ago during a tour of the Middle East.
    For her walkabout in the city centre, she wore a red outfit already seen at an official engagement in April. In Slovakia, she appeared in the same pink wool outfit that she wore on Easter Sunday.
    Normally, etiquette demands that the queen never wears the same outfit twice.
    However, the press believes Her Majesty is a convert to "credit crunch couture", or fashion for those whose clothing spending has been hit by the financial downturn.
    Her husband Prince Philip remains a peppery naval officer without no zest for flashy spending. At the age of 87, he still wears trousers bought 30 years ago.

In line with her position as head of state, Queen Elizabeth avoids voicing her opinion on political matters.
    But during a recent visit to the London School of Economics, she called the situation "awful" and asked: "Why did nobody notice it?", showing her feelings on the events gripping her subjects. The queen has not been completely spared by the credit crunch. Her dressmaker Hardy Amies and favoured porcelain maker Royal Worcester and Spode have both filed for administration.

Kudos to the her! She never did appear flashy to me..... and Phillip wearing 30 year old trousers is just funny LOLOL

kelbons Guest
    My husband still has his Def Leppard sleeveless Union Jack t-shirt from 25 years ago... I laughed at him for it. I had no idea he was as thrifty as Prince Phillip! LOL

My_Smiling_Skull Guest
    HAHAHA my dad still hung onto his yellow and purple Converse All Star high tops
    Never wears them, but never threw them out either....they're at least as old as I am LOL

Guest Guest
    I am no royalist, but I do admire the Queen in many ways, she seems to have a good head on her shoulders, as for Philip, he comes out with some totally bonkers statements, which are often very controversially hilarious!

My_Smiling_Skull Guest
    I confess myself giggling half the time I see him trailing behind Elizabeth I mean I'm aware he HAS to, being lower rank and all, but he looks so whipped it's hysterical LOL

Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    lmao! oh, no you didnt!!

kimba Guest
    God save the Queen!

My_Smiling_Skull Guest
    LMAOOOO

Too funny!!!!!

RogerV Guest
    There is SOME precedent... HM's mother, the late Queen Mother, bought no new clothes for the duration of World War II, though she made a point of being immaculately dressed in public.

My_Smiling_Skull Guest
    I agree...... you don't have to spend to look classy as a head bob and snip snap

*bobs head and snaps fingers*

sheri Guest
    Sorry for my two cents here, but the Queen being in touch with her subjects? Oh please. When one of her castles/palaces burned , it came across as that she expected the rest of her 'subjects' to foot the bill to rebuild it and refurnish it as well. Damn, if that's not out of touch, then I don't know what it is. She needs to let go of many of the properties she has. She and her family do NOT need that many. Same applies for any other royal family that has way too much. Sell it off, get rid of it all ready. Just imho. Granted, I'm not British, but sheesh, things like this annoy me to no end. It's one of many things I'm sure that annoy many other people too. Do more for the world like Diana did. Granted,she wasn't a saint, and I'm not making her out to be one either, but heck she raised more awareness for land mines, lepers, HIV/AIDS, etc than any other royal that I can remember ever doing.

End of rant. Back to business. Now where were we? :-)

FannyB1923 Guest
    I used to tell customers if they took care of it, and kept buggies off it, wool would last a lifetime...or two. I understand that Charles wears kilts that belonged to his grandfather, King George VI!

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image...neymoon220.jpg

beatlebaby4 Guest
    That's good...would you like fries with that

hopefully the old bitch will drop dead soon so she won't cost us anymore money!!!!

My_Smiling_Skull Guest
    LOL thanks for the merge I didn't know we had a thread for the royals

FannyB1923 Guest
    gossip, gossip! I get most of my royal news from Hello! magazine. I love my tabloid gossip too!

One item that's appeared in several celebrity news places is that Prince Harry would like to become a helicopter pilot, but so far, he hasn't been able to pass the test to get in the school! Oh please, don't change the curve to spare his feelings!
    No shame there, but an interesting conflict- who gets to tell the Queen's grandson that he's just not going to make the cut?

On the other hand, his girlfriend, Chelsea Davy, is a really sharp cookie. She's got a degree in economics and now she's entering law school. They may enjoy good times together, but I don't think it's going to last. She's got too much going for her to be absorbed by all those "gray men" (not the little kind) who tell the royals what to do, what to say, what to wear, etc. She'd hate it, I bet!

Dollyplum Guest
    Heres me.

I dont ever think Charles should take the thrown of England. It goes against the grain for me with the divorce and being the head of the church. (I am divorcee but I am not in his position). Plus on a more human level, that whore Camilla should not be anywhere near the thrown. Makes my screen creep.

I have great respect for the Queen and I know this is soooo uncool. But thats me! I think she sees Charles as the pleb he is. She has carried he role with great respect and honour. God Save her.

I think William should become the King of England.

Interesting point - Was that in high society its acceptable that you stay faithful to your husband until your first born is produced (usually a son is required). Then is jolly hockey sticks for any game peace of male ass! lol.

Hugs x

Pat Bateman Guest
    Harry is rumored to be James Hewitt's son...certainly nothing like Charles in looks or personality,

remember this attack on Prince Charles - 1994 in Australia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF5wrFJp9Jo

Littleroben Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post
    Harry is rumored to be James Hewitt's son...certainly nothing like Charles in looks or personality,
    That one does seem to keep resurfacing, but he sure has the look of the Spencers about him (Diana's family)

Nicki Guest
    Harry is my favorite. Good looking young man and looks like he would be fun to be around.. William was cute when he was a teen but has since lost some of his looks.

SlippyInvader Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueAngel View Post
    I prefer Harry, hes a nice bit of rough!

Same here! I think Harry is much better looking.

FannyB1923 Guest
    Harry's in a tough spot. When the boys were little they were called "the heir and the spare" Gee, that must make Harry feel great!

After William marries and has his own little heirs, the pressure will be off Harry. He'll be able to make decisions about his future without that heir stuff interfering. He'll probably get a lot less heat from the press too.
    He seems to like the military and gets to be one of the guys, so maybe he should think about staying there for a while.

He might be the luckiest of the two brothers.

Guest Guest
    I know this is waaaay ot, but speaking of Prince William......

Harry is smoking hot!!!!!

O.k., just had to get that off my chest.

You may resume the Besset Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by eelpie View Post
    I know this is waaaay ot, but speaking of Prince William......

Harry is smoking hot!!!!!

O.k., just had to get that off my chest.

You may resume the Besset Thread.
    Hey eelpie, ya know what - Prince Harry ISSSSSSSSSSS better looking than William now. When they were kidz, William was cuter, but, Harry is miles ahead now in the looks department - so rugged looking - whereas William is more pretty-boy. Chunkster xo
    "I guess every form of refuge has its price"...

bunny Guest
    I still dont think he is Charles's son...what do you guys think

Quote Originally Posted by bunny View Post
    Hey Bunny! Absolutely not, I believe 110% (got that from Maury, hehehe) James Hewitt is his father.
    Miss Chunk xx oo
    "I guess every form of refuge has its price"...

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bunny View Post
    Way too hot!!!